Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Descendent ❯ They don’t call me Shinigami for nothing ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: I said this once and I'm going to repeat myself . . . . . . I don't own any of the character in this story on even the cute little baby. (I wish I could own him. . . . . ) This is a Crossover; with Gundam Wing BUT I own that Descendent gundam so hands off! Read and relaxed.

 

 

Title: Gundam Descendent

 

Chapter Four: They don't call me Shinigami for nothing.

 

 

 

Days later after Kira defected Andrew Bartfeldt the tiger of the desert, sailing across the Indo Ocean with Cagalli and her bodyguard Kisaka as someone told then that they will help them guide to `ORB'.

 

 

For Zaft, Athrun and a green hair teenager Nicol had just arrived at the Gidraltar base on earth.

 

 

"Whew! It sure is hot here!" Complained Nicol as he continued. "The earth's atmosphere is really different form ours, right? Athrun?"

 

 

"Hun? Ah, yes…." He was obviously not paying any attention before sighing as the tow started walking towards the meeting room.

 

 

////////////////////////

 

 

"WOW!!!" Everybody's eyes were as wide as the open sea. "Lieutenant Badgiruel, inform all crew members to stand down, we all need a break." Murrue Ramius inform Natarle. "But we're still on Zaft Territory…"

 

"We've been in battle for a very long period. Everyone's exhausted, we are not born as robots." Murrue told her, but she turned to her right to see a small boy with a long braid who stood beside her. "Right Dou?"

 

"Hai!" Natarle closed her eyes before saying. "Understood." This excited everybody as almost everyone left to get some fresh air.

 

//////////////////////////

 

"It's huge!!"

 

"I haven't seen anything like this since leaving earth."

 

"Man, this is so refreshing!" Tolloe said. "Yes, it does feel good." Miriallia agreed. Everybody were relaxing except Kira who when to an area where nobody were there, sat down hugging his legs close to his chest thinking about the battle with Andrew Bartfeld.

 

"I thought that it would be less crowded here, but I can't see much of the sea from this place……….. Oh you're here too…" Kira turned around to see Cagalli looking at Duo who was smiling. "Yah!!! FREASH AIR AT LAST!!!" Duo ran towards the railing and start climbing it. "Duo! Don't climb, if you fall over, I'm not going to save you."

 

Duo prout at Kira. "Papa, you are so mean." "And you my boy, is such a naughty kid." Duo was then kept busy by the flying mechanical bird as Kira poured his feelings about fighting. "You're strange, you know that? You're not he only person fighting this war."

 

"Um. Yes………" Kira agreed. "So stop blaming yourself for everything, we're all in this together even me." Cagalli answered. "What about me?!" Duo asked. "You too kid."

 

"Thank you." But then hell crashed in as Fllay was about to walked in. `Why do she have to come on the wrong time?' Duo quickly grabs hold of Kira and Cagalli and dragged them out of the area telling them. "I just saw dolphins papa, Cagalli big sister!! Come on! I don't want them to run away!"

 

 

But then their peace was broken. "ALL HAND PREPARE FOR COMBAT!"

 

Everybody were in shocked at first, but for poor Fraga…………… "Drat! I haven't even started on my lunch!" Everybody rushed to their stations conformed that three submerged mobile suits coming their way. "Major Fraga, take the sky grasper! Lieutenant Yamato, hold your strike on stand by." Murrue ordered as Fraga's screen appeared. "Captain, traced the enemy M.S, it may lead to the mother ship."

 

"But……….. It's that too soon? The strike doesn't have the necessary equipment for underwater battle!" Then another screen popped up. "Let me go instead! It'll be faster I we split up the search!" It was Cagalli who popped in, but what they didn't notice was that Duo decided to be a little stole away.

 

 

"This time, I'm not going to be left out from all the action." Duo mumbles as he hid in on area that they wouldn't see him.

 

Murrue tried to make Cagalli from going but it seem that she had a straightforward mind. "Very well, Cagalli, proceed to catapult after Fraga clears the launch Bay!" Murrue ordered. "CAPTAIN! This is direct violation of the Military Protocol!"

 

"I'll take all responsibility! We don't have time to argue about this!" Murrue agued back.

 

/////////////////////////////////

 

 

As Cagalli flew on one of the fighter planes, she sported four what looks like carriers planes. "There are………… enemies reinforcement!" Turning the joystick around and aim at the flying carrier planes. "I'm not letting you near the archangel!" Started firing at them.

 

The four carriers also short back. "Enemy approaching! A-A batteries fire!!" Then one of the planes got shot as it started to go down. "Yes! One down!" Soon that victory was cut off when her plane got sot. "Oh no!" The wing exploded letting the plane fly with one wing. "AH!!" Cagalli looked behind her to see Duo. "Duo, what are you………….." But her eyes saw Duo's side was badly burnt. "Shit! Mayday! Mayday! AAAHHHHH!!!!" As the fighter plane landed roughly in the water. (How many times do I tell don't swear in front of the children)

 

"Okay this is way bad…" She turned around to face Duo. "Especially you young man." Duo just lowers his head in shame………

 

//////////////////////

 

 

After Cagalli had bandage Duo's side. "Hmf!!!" "I know it hurts little guy, but bear with it also rest a little, I'll go looked around." Duo was leaning against a tree as Cagalli looked around. "This place looks deserted………" When something caught her eyes. "That's………"

 

 

Then a Zaft pilot walked into the open; quickly Cagalli took out her gun as the pilot turned around also had his gun in hand but was shot out of reach.

 

 

(We all know its Athrun.)

 

Athrun quickly hide behind a rock. "Don't move! Are you a zaft pilot? Identify yourself!" Cagalli her eyes never left the rock. "Come out with your hands up!" When she thought the pilot was about to attack her but to find out it was only a cup.

 

"What!" Athrun pounce on her as he raised the knife high up made her scream…………….. "A girl?" There was silence between them.

 

/////////////////////////

 

Later Athrun was throwing away Cagalli's gun and reloading bullets, which she had. "Damn! That jerk!" The hand and legs tied up Cagalli. "It this anyway to treat a lady?!"

 

"With a rope?!" She struggler, at least sit up. "I got an injured person to take care!" But she soon was rolling off the cliff and into the salty waters…………. "EEEEKKKK!!!!!"

 

SPLASH!

 

"Help! I………………I can't swim!!!" Athrun saw what looks like a funny sight. "What are you doing?" Cagalli's face was red with rage. "Isn't it obvious! I fell, okay! You dame jerk! Help me up already! I have a injured person or kid next to that tree!"

 

////////////////////////////////

 

 

"Any response form Cagalli?" Murrue asked.

 

"None, we can't detect her on the radar either."

 

"Captain, I'll go and search for her…………" Kira appeared on the screen. "Hold it! The decision is not for you to make lieutenant!" Natarle stood up. "We can't act rashly when we are on enemies territory. We're listing Cagalli as M.I.A."

 

"M.I.A?" Tolle asked. "Missing in action. That is presumed dead."

 

"Wait a minute! Natarle! We haven't even tried searching yet and you wanted us to list her dead?!" Kira heard over the screen. "Lieutenant Yamato, you have my permission to conduct a search for Cagalli."

 

"Captain!"

 

"But you had an hour, after that return to the base. No questions!" Kira nodded his head. "I understand." As a fight started with Murrue and Natarle till they were able to come into an agreement. "This is going onto the record."

 

//////////////////////////////

 

 

`Wait for me, Cagalli……………..' Just then the door open ands in came Cagalli's bodyguard. "Mr. Kisaka?" He then bows down. "I'm counting on you." Kira at first was shocked but then understood. "I'll bring her back."

 

"Also to inform you from your crew members, your………….err……….Son is also missing."

 

"WHAT!!!"

 

/////////////////////////////////////

 

 

Are you sure its alright, leaving me untied?" Asked a very wet Cagalli.

 

"Your belongings aren't marked with the Earth Alliance logo, maybe his." Athrun whose holding the injured Duo. "What do you meant by that?!" Giving Athrun a look. "But restraining Civilians against their will, is violation of military law. Besides you no longer have any weapons on you. What harm can you possibly do?"

"Why you!" "Big sister Cagalli have a red face!" Duo pointed out. "Shut up kid!"

 

"Now take off your clothes………………" Both Cagalli and Duo when red. "WHAT! Y-you………..You're not planning to………..?!" A sweat dropped appeared on Athrun's head. "H-Hey! I didn't mean that way!!"

 

"What I meant is it better for you to dry your clothes by the fire. We may be near the equator, but the night here do get chilled." Athrun explained as he carried Duo into the cave.

 

////////////////////////////////

 

After Athrun took a look at Duo's burn side and re bandage it, he turned to Cagalli who had a blanket over her naked body. "He's going to be okay, it seem to be a fast healer, is he a coordinator?" Athrun asked. "Could be, I mean his father is one………………."

 

"His father?" Cagalli was about to carry on. "Don't say. I don't want to know." Cagalli then shut her mouth.

 

"The Radio reception's are poor, I doubt we'll get any help till dawn…………" Athrun explained then looked down at the sleeping Duo. "That because of your Zaft army's `N' Jammers' idiot! If they weren't around we'd be out of here sooner!!"

 

"We wouldn't even be here it there earth alliance hadn't attacked us first!" Duo's eyes shot open and watches the fight between Cagalli and Athrun ague about the war, while he just listen to very details.

 

"Forget it……… It's not like talking politic with you here will change anything………." Then Athrun gave a big yawn as he lay down onto the hard cold floor. "Hey! You're sleeping at a time like this?" Athrun's eyes were half closed as he laid flat down. "How? How do you know I won't steal your weapon?" Cagalli asked. "If you do that I will just have to kill you and the half breed brat." Before taking a deep breath as he started to drafted off to sleep…………… "Now, would you let me sleep………… I was sent tin to combat right after arriving."

 

 

Duo sat up looking at Cagalli who stood over the sleeping Athrun; he could see wheels turning in her head. She stood there looking at Athrun, then she shut her eyes and she quickly grab Athrun's gun waking the owner of the gun up.

 

Cagalli threw the blanket over Athrun………. "YOU!!" He saw Cagalli holding the gun. "I won't going to shoot you! But I can't leave that Mobile suit alone!" Tears were dripping down her face, but around Athrun's eyes, which were, widen…. "Kid, don't move!!" Cagalli thought Athrun was going to kill Duo as she pulls the trigger, catching Athrun in the shoulder.

 

 

"UGH!!"

 

 

Knowing what she did, she turned to see a dead snake near Duo's head. Both Duo and Cagalli rushed towards the wounded Athrun. "Are you okay?" Duo tried to stop the bleeding, by pressing his head on the wound. "It's nothing, the bullet only grazed me…" As he tried to reach for this bag but before he could grab it someone else took it.

 

"I'll do it!" It's Cagalli hugging the bag; Duo just watch the two bricking like married couples. `Get a room you town………… love birds.'

 

"Duo help me over here!"

 

//////////////////////////////

 

Later when the sun rose the next day, Duo was awakening by a beeping noise. `Sound's like the alarm clock I had at home………………'

 

Athrun shot up like a bullet as h rushed towards the gundam. "Ath…………Ath………run……&# 8230;……"

 

"NICOL!" Athrun nearly yell to his excitements. "Athrun!………I'm………glad……R 30;……alive……………" Duo climbed onto the cockpit and watched Athrun speaking with happiness over the radio. "Hey, Kid this place is not for children." Athrun ruffed his hair. "I'm not a kid."

 

"Really then I'm a monkey form outer space." It was Cagalli who made the last comment. "I've made contact with my side, there's an aircraft approaching for the other side of the island and it's not a Zaft ship."

 

Duo smiled. "That must be old man." Athrun gave Duo a look. "Don't asked, he keep calling that guy old man. I pity his had to put up this kid." Cagalli shook her head. "I'll guess we should look for them then."

 

"Yes……" Athrun watches Cagalli holding Duo walking towards the other side of the island. "CAGALLI!"

 

"What?"

 

"My name is Cagalli, this kid is duo." Turned around to see both Cagalli and Duo smiling. "What's your?"

 

"Athrun!"

 

"Stay alive!" She quickly replied before running towards her destination. "Stay alive big brother Athrun!" Duo replied after Cagalli, as the dark blue hair boy watches the two vanished over the rocks…

 

`I will kid, only if you do to.'

 

/////////////////////////////

 

"Duo!!"

 

 

"Papa!!"

 

Duo quickly climbed out of the plane and towards the waiting arms of Kira. "Where have you been…………don't go sneaking of in Zaft territory, you could have been killed………" Kira hugged Duo tightly. "Papa, I'm alright papa…ner………"

 

Duo tense as his burned side began to stings a little. "Duo?"

 

"He sneak into the plane's cockpit, when the wings of the plane exploded Duo got a bad burn on the right side but he's healing very quickly." Cagalli explained.

 

"He's your son alright."

 

Kira wasn't paying any attention to Cagalli; he's more interested on Duo, making the blonde girl sign in defect.

 

"At least there's a smile on Kira's face . . . . ."

 

///////////////////////////

 

<I skip the archangel been attack by the orb army>

 

"DRY DOCK COMMENCES FLOODING!!"

 

As water was poured into the empty dock holding an archangel, Kira stood on the deck with the recovering Duo running about trying to catch the flying machine bird unknown to his there were people standing behind a glass looking, having their last look at the archangel.

 

"Kira!" Kira spotted Cagalli wearing a military outfit rushing towards him. "Cagalli?" "Big sister Cagalli!"

 

"Your Parents…………They are over there!" Kira look up to the looking window to see his mother mouthing something while his father gave him a nod.

 

"Don't' you want to meet them?" Cagalli asked panting away. "They also wondering about Duo, so I told them he's your son…"

 

"WHAT!" Coving his face with his hands. "Now I'm more shame to meet them." Duo stopped what he's doing and looks at his father. "Papa?"

 

"The reason I don't want to meet them is because…………….." As he thought back the events, which happen over the months… piloting the strike gundam, fight made Kira's eyes darken. "I understand……………" Kira turned to leave the deck.

 

"I'm glad I've met you Cagalli, thanks for everything." But before he could rally get off the deck, Cagalli quickly hugged him giving his parents and Cagalli's a little shock.

 

"You better not die, without you whose going to raise Duo? I don't think I can handle a rugrat like him." Cagalli whispered.

 

"Sure… I be alright……………" Duo then pouted, who happens to overhear the whisper. `Who are you calling a rugrat?'

 

//////////////////////////////

 

The doors opened as the archangel started their engines and slowing moved out, Cagalli watches as the battleship sails away from sight.

`Stay alive Kira.'

 

 

///////////////////////////////////////

 

"Enemy units at 4 O'clock, range 3000 meters! It's the same four units!"

 

"Igelstern and valiants in position! Prepare to Heel Barts!" As the strike gundam (Long range) stood on top of the archangel (In front of the control room)

 

"Tolle Koenig! Launching Sky grasper!"

 

As Tolle flew out from the mist with Fraga and into combat, Duo watches the two sky graspers' dances their way out from the colour beams.

 

"Go! Big brother Tolle! Go old man!" Duo cheered, Fraga had a sweat drop appeared on his head. `I hate it when he calls me that…………'

 

Kira stood where he was as he got aim although he can't see anything but white. "Fire!" As the trigger was pulled all the four enemy gundams quickly move out of firing range.

 

"What was that?" Dearka asked. "Move out of the way!" As another colourful battle with pretty beams been shot everywhere, then Buster and Duel gundam just plunched down in to the sea for a while, which left only the Aegis and Blitz in the air.

 

"YZAK!"

 

The strike gundam was descending down; Athrun saw the archangel coming out from its hide out and was attack by it. Then missions were shot out, aiming at Aegis gundam and Blitz gundam. "Call the sky grasper that hold one of strike's long sward!" Natarle shouted her order.

 

/////////////////////

 

"Strike on stand by mode!"

 

"Are you ready kid?" Lieutenant Fraga asked. "Bring it on!" When the sky grasper flew overhead dropping the equipments, the strike gundam flew up as the aire parts was put in places where it should go……………………… (Okay I'm skipping to the main part.)

 

Later When Kira was able to gain control one of the gool, Kira was engaged in a shooting gallery with Athrun, and Green beams were shot everywhere, until one of their battery packs ran out…

 

"Damn!"

 

Athrun saw Kira who lifted his sword, ready to kill him when………… "Athrun!" The Blitz gundam decided to make it appearance, it the gundam's hand what looks like a metal rod. "AAAHHH!!!!" Kira then swing his sword in self-defences but to his horror that his sword was sliced into the cockpit of the Blitz gundam.

 

"AHHG!!" It was a freeze zone as Athrun heard his comrade over the radio. "Run……………Athrun…………" As Nicol's helmet's protecting glass cracked and the Blitz gundam…………

 

 

BBBOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

"Ni…………Ni…………Nic ol………NICOL!"

 

//////////////////////////////

 

Everybody saw the explosion and I meant everybody. "Someone get Duo out of here! He's too young to see this!"

 

Duo then felt as he's been pulled away from the glass. "Hey!" He was thrown out from the control room. "What's the big deal?!" He pounce his small hands onto the door, before sighing.

 

`They never going to let me in the control room for a while.' Duo looked at his hands as a small orb-looking shape from his hand. "An innocent, a pure heart and peaceful person just die………" Staring at the orb. "He deserve a second chance………"

 

 

///////////////////////////

 

 

Nicol's Pov

 

`Mother . . . . . . . . I'm sorry . . . . . . I fail to stay alive . . . .' I open my eyes to see darkness, floating in mid-air. I dare not move in case I'll fall into the never-ending black hole . . . . . `is this the after life? . . . . . . If this the afterlife, it's pretty boring . . . .'

 

But before I could close my eyes to sleep . . . .

 

 

"This is not the afterlife."

 

End of Pov

 

Whose there?" Nicol quickly sat up, looking around in the darkness. He then saw a boy at the age of four looking at his with his amethyst eyes filled with sadness. "A kid? What are you doing here? And what do you mean?"

 

Then wings appeared from the boy's shoulder, on the right was a white angel wings while the other is also angel wing only thing is black. "A fallen angel?" In addition to the wings a sword appeared along with a scythe.

 

"I am here to tell you that I am giving you a second chance." The fallen angel told him. "Why me? I'm a killer!" The fallen angel shook his head. "I save those who deserve to live like yourself."

 

"Are you really an angel?" Nicol asked. "No, I'm not . . . . . But second chances are all I could give to a peaceful and innocent person like you . . . " Nicol remained quite as he try to avoid the fallen angel's eyes. "Also promise me that you will never return to your family again, it will only break their hearts even more."

 

Tears flow down his face as he had a chose to make, either is stuck in the dark black hole or starting a new life . . . . . "I'll agree, I swear I will not return to see my family . . . . ."

 

Duo seems to notice Nicol's sad heart. "Smile, smile. Oh before I sent you off, I want you to help me on something."

 

"Huh?"

Nicol's sad face was replace by a confused one. "I have some people looking for me, one of them is just like you innocent…………find him and tell him that braid boy sent you . . . . ."

 

There was a flash of light as he then felt raindrops hitting his limped body. "Am……….am I……. dead?" Before him a pair of brown shoes appeared, he looked up to see a 19 years old man with blonde hair and a pair of beautiful blue eyes. "No, your not."

 

The blonde man helped him to sit, he could see the man was speaking to him but he was able to catch the last few words.

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Nicol. . . . . " Before he drifted off for a long recovering sleep….

 

 

"Hey! You okay? Nicol-san?"

 

 

 

TBC

 

////////////////////////////////////////

 

 

Part four completed, but this story had a catch.

 

 

Don't worry Nicol is not out of the picture yet………………maybe for this story, but his new adventures is starting his new life.

 

Next chapter: NO!!!!!!! Kira is labed as M.I.A!!! Duo is walking down memories lands and when missing, Kira where are you!!!

 

Hope you continue to read…

 

//////////////////////////////////////////