Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Alternity ❯ End of the Line ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2-End of the Line
December 7, UC0079
 
 
 
The Apsalus III mobile armor rose out of the mountain like a legendary demon. Shaped as it was, like some monstrous underwater creature, it was an easy impression to get. At the center of the massive machine was it's main cannon, now glowing with gathering power. Instead of a massive blast, it unleashed a thing beam of energy that swept out across the lines of Federation MS. At first it seemed as if the MS teams were about to be destroyed, but when the smoke and fire cleared, the Federation soldiers saw that the beam had drawn a burning line in the rocky ground in front of the Fed ground forces.
From the cockpit of his Gundam Ez8, Shiro Amada gazed up at the massive MA.
“Everyone, listen up. I'm leaving the service,” he said. Before any of the members of Shiro's 08th MS Team could protest, there was a flash of light and a resounding rumble of thunder.
“Did that thing fire again?” Terry Sanders' voice crackled over the radio.
“No, it's something else!” said Karen Joshua, the third of the team's MS pilots.
Shiro could see from his cockpit, even through a sudden rush of static across his monitors that the light came from over the jungle.
“Hey guys,” the voice of the squad's radar and communications specialist, Eledore Massis, buzzed over the radio, “I'm picking up a really powerful energy signature that I ain't never seen before headed straight for that monster Mobile Armor!”
“What?!” Shiro zoomed in his cameras on the Apsalus he saw what looked like a silver mobile suit that had landed on top of the Mobile Armor.
“Aina!” shouted Shiro. He shifted the throttles of his Gundam and the thrusters roared, lifting the Gundam towards the mountain and the Apsalus. Without warning there was another flash of light and a thunder crack. The systems in the Ez8 flickered and the thrusters cut out, crashing the huge mobile suit into a row of abandoned tenements.
“Oh shit! What the hell is going on?” growled Shiro in frustration.
 
-MSGC-
 
For what seemed like the three dozenth time, Aidan and her Gundam materialized in a new timeline, but also another major event period in the Universal Century timeline. She had been chasing Eternity across timelines for three subjective hours now. SARA actually had to stretch her computing capacity trying to calculate the potential space/time damage. They had gone from the last battle of the One Year War, to the Gryps War, to the Eve War, to the shattered world of the AW calendar, to the Cosmic Era twice, back to the UC era and a half dozen more.
Powering up her beam rifle, she swore that this was going to be the last time they would play this game. It would end here. Aiming for the silver figure of Eternity atop the Apsalus, she began firing lances of blue energy. And then she was reeling back in pain as her vision swam with red pain and it felt like a hot pike was being jabbed into her skull.
“nnnnnyahh! Psycommu system? He integrated that already? ARGH!”
 
-MSGC-
 
Shiro was flying in long ballistic thrust jumps towards the Apsalus when the psychic attack hit him like an entire team of MS. However he was further away and didn't get the worst of it. He did hear the voice vibrating inside his skull.
“This has been amusing Pilot, but this is the end. The game is over and before the Alternity's systems can adapt to this psycommu attack, you will be on well on your way… to oblivion!”
Through the haze of pain, Shiro stared up at his monitors as the zoomed in view showed the strange, spindly silver MS fired some sort of large missile from its back. With a snarl, Shiro pulled his triggers and fired everything his Gundam had. A hail of machine gun fire from the Ez8's head vulcans, chest cannon and 100mm rifle arced towards Eternity and impacted harmlessly against the AI machine. It seemed to be a useless gesture, most of the shots wildly off target due to the distance, but it did serve to distract Eternity for a single moment, as the AI devoted a second to contemplate this insect. At that moment several things happened at once. The missile detonated into a seething miniature sun that began to suck everything and anything in the vicinity into it. With the moment of distraction, Aidan punched two buttons in the holo-cockpit, one to throw up a psy-shield, and the second to activate the Alternity's special weapon. She was about to fire the weapon when an alarm alerted her to a weapon lock. She dodged to the side just in time to avoid a blast from the Apsalus' Mega Particle Cannon. Unfortunately, this was exactly what Eternity intended. The Alternity caught a dozen blasts straight in the torso, flipping it over and causing it to crash into the ground. It didn't stay there long as the undeniable pull of the massive space/time rift.
“All systems have crashed!” she snarled in annoyance, “ I'm going to kill those idiots for practically ripping of my Alternity's design. Eternity knows exactly how to retune its weapons to disable me. Dammit it wasn't supposed to e like this…” she said as her golden Gundam vanished into the rift. The last thing she saw was Eternity and the Apsalus vanished in a flash of light and crackling lightning.
 
-MSGC-
 
Shiro was running the Ez8's thrusters at full throttle but he was still being drawn towards the massive energy fluctuation. Around him he could see Jet Core Boosters, Zeon MS, GM's and Ground Battle Gundams tumbling through the air. His attention was fixed on the Apsalus. His only goal was to get to the mobile armor. He didn't know how he knew it, but he had a terrible feeling that Aina was in danger and he had to get to her.
“Commander!” It was the voice of one of his teammates, Karen, “Commander, we're being pulled in! I don't think our thrusters can keep us out of that… thing!”
“Just keep trying! I don't know what that thing is, but it can't be good!”
“No good Commander,” said Terry Sanders, “I'm being pulled in!”
“No! Chief Sanders!” Shiro shouted.
“Oh hell, I'm being pulled in as well!” said Karen, for the first time since Shiro had met her, actual panic entering her voice. Karen cried out in frustration and then her voice was lost in the garbled static.
“Karen? Sanders?” That was Eledore in the hover truck, “Oh shit, I've lost their signals!”
It was then that the Apsalus vanished in a flash. Shiro's eyes widened as the shock that Aina was gone hit him. His grip on the throttles slackened and his Gundam began falling back towards the now shrinking rift.
“AINA!” he screamed as Ez8 vanished into the rift.
The rift shrank down to something the size of a mobile suit's head and floated there, crackling. Without warning, it detonated into an expanding, ring-shaped shockwave that arced up through the atmosphere and through the ground, ripping a mile-wide, mile-deep gash in the ground. And then all was quiet.