Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Bounty Hunters, Outlaws, Pirates and Princesses ❯ Evil Abound ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own these respective characters or settings. They belong to Pioneer, Sunrise/Bandi, and Fundimation.

Bounty Hunters, Outlaws, Princesses, and Pirates

Part Two: Evil Abound

By: Elf

King Tenchi of Juri was exhausted. He was almost asleep in his throne, due to the recent uprisings within the Kei pirates and the little skirmishes that the Kartal-Kartal had been starting of recent. Space was a mess. The Galaxy Police had been disbanded a long time ago and Mihoshi and Kyone had been dead for a very long time.

He was so tired of life. Of ruling in Ayeka's place. Of watching over a people he barely knew and didn't love. Earth was his home.

No, Ryoko was his home. He missed her. He truly did. He missed her grins, her laugh, her smiles, her hugs, her body, simply her. He sighed. He didn't want to be king. He just didn't have much of a choice. Then their relationship quickly became complicated as the people started revolting and trying to kill her.

Tenchi sighed and tugged at his pony tail. Even Sasami was gone, becoming Tusami again and protecting the planet, giving Tenchi the abilities to call on the Wings of the Light Hawk when he needed. He was utterly alone.

All of his attentives were gone for the evening, so he was alone. He smirked to himself for a moment, all most laughing. He was always alone now. No five femme fatales fighting over him, nothing. Even Ryoko had left him.

The rush of energy signaled a very familar presence. Tenchi stood up and straitened his shoulders as the compact form walked into the room. He bowed and said, "Greetings, Vegeta."

Vegeta, the Prince of all Sayans, the last survivor of his race, stood there in all of his immortal glory. His compact body was dressed in the full white Sayan body armor worn over the dark-blue body suit that showcased every one of those powerful muscles as he moved. His ebony eyes were as combatant and harsh as ever, but they softened as they looked Tenchi over. "Hello, Your Highness," Vegeta replied without taking a bow.

Tenchi knew that he was suddenly very lucky to be alone. If someone didn't bow and pay their proper respects the Juri Royal Guard got very upset about it. And Vegeta wasn't one to take that sort of treatment from "low class weaklings" like them.

Tenchi asked, "What are you doing here, Vegeta?"

"I was wondering if you found it yet," he answered gravely, and the hopeful look in his eyes couldn't be hid by all of his pride. Tenchi hated looking into his face when he got like that and was about to tell him what little they had found. The story of Vegeta's sleeping human had spread across the galaxy like wildfire, a romantic tale for most, a sign of weakness from Vegeta's enemies. The ones that he didn't kill instantly, that is.

Tenchi sighed and replied, "No, Vegeta. This virus is nothing the scientists here have seen. We're trying, really, so don't go kill them, okay?"

Vegeta chuckled bitterly. Tenchi jumped out of his skin and into his throne. He walked over to Tenchi and leered at him. Tenchi gave a sharp cry and backed away from Vegeta as much as he could. "Are you afraid, boy?" Vegeta asked in his arrogant voice, all traces of hopefulness and thoughts of pity washed away from his angular features.

Tenchi nodded at the Sayan Prince and squeaked, "Yes!"

Vegeta laughed, a rich throaty sound that didn't reach his obsidian eyes as he backed away from Tenchi. "Everyone fears me, Masaki, everyone. My own son even. Everyone except her. She never feared me. Never."

"Then Bulma sounds like a very remarkable woman," Tenchi managed with a nervous smile.

Vegeta grunted and stepped back. Tenchi sighed as he settled back in his throne. He asked, "Have you tried Washu yet?"

"The mad scientist? No, I haven't. She is disturbed and violent from what I've heard," Vegeta answered.

Tenchi smiled and replied, "That's just a rumor. She's pretty nice, if very weird."

"You know her?" Vegeta asked in his normal arrogant tone, his vulnarablity stripped clean quicker than it came.

He nodded and answered, "You could say that. I'll see if I can get you any information on her, okay?"

Vegeta made a thankful sounding snort before he flew from the throne room in a flash of blue energy. Tenchi sighed and wiped beads of sweat off of his head. He said aloud, "Man, that guy always manages to scare me."

******

Pharaoh Ninety cowarded back in fear. Mistress Nine was advancing on him, her long raven locks flowing behind her like some obscene parody of a cape or a wedding veil. Her power was bursting around the edges, causing her dark violet eyes to glow. She licked her lavender toned lips as she advanced on him.

Sailor Saturn had been reborn, he knew that, as did all of the other scouts, scattered to the four corners of the universe, not to be linked together for several life times, but to do battle with evil as needed. Still, Hotaru Tomoe's rebirth had brought on a change within his former servant. In their dark abyss of silence she had been gaining power with each passing moment until she had surpassed him. It had been only a matter of time before she would over throw him.

Knowing this, he still begged, "Please, Nine, you don't have to do this. My child, my love, you don't have to do this. We can rule in darkness together."

She laughed at him, her tendrils of raven hair reaching out to catch him. They held him up helplessly as she looked at him with her soulless, glowing, pupiless violet eyes. He grew cold as she purred, "No. Silence is boring. Nothing. Terror and fear, which you are feeling, is intoxicating. While rule in nothingness when you can rule in feeling and power?"

Ninety said nothing as she looked at him, cacking again. He screamed as his whole being began to burn, scorching in her long hair. He tried to struggle, tried to break himself free as he felt himself fade to nothing. Nothing at all. He looked at her calm, lovely face once more in fear. She would succeed where he had failed. And then she began to laugh once again.

******

Fred Lowe looked at the lovely lavender haired warrior before him. Everyone in the Know knew that there were two Trunks Briefs running around, one a warrior and the other a business man. The business man, while lovely in his own right, was nothing compared to the warrior.

Fred smiled charmingly as he looked at Trunks. Outside his office, business was in full swing and there was a traffic jam partially hidden by an exotic plant. He pushed strands of his long raven hair out of his face as he looked Trunks over and smiled fetchingly at him. Trunks bright blue eyes shifted uncomfortably as he stuffed his hands into the faded blue of the Capsule Corps jacket that he never took off. It showed his muscles off perfectly and Fred had to admit that Trunks was pretty damn hot.

He asked, "So, what brings you here today, Trunks?"

"I've got a kilo of Dragonite that my partner needs to sell," Trunks answered matter-of-factly.

Fred grinned and asked, "Where's your partner at?"

"Making repairs on the Shinigami. We were slightly damaged last time and Duo likes everything running smoothly, at least with his ship," Trunks answered as he glared at Fred.

Fred smiled as he leaned back in his chair and threw his feet on the table. He'd never seen the mysterious Duo Maxwell, just heard about him from Trunks, and even that was pretty vague. The Shinigami was a ship unto itself. It was rumored that the pilot was shrewd, highly skilled, reckless, and a very powerful magic user. He was curious about what he looked like as well.

Fred asked, "So, where did you get the Dragonite?"

"Off Kei pirates, as always," Trunks answered in a tense tone.

Fred smiled and said, "So, a kilo? I'll give you ten hundred thousand Wong for it. How does that sound?"

"I was hoping for higher," Trunks answered briskly, his hand automatically going to his back, more importantly, the sword nestled in the scarlet scabbard strapped there.

"How much higher?" Fred asked in a casual voice, not showing the fact that he was scared and very turned on.

Trunks answered grimly, "Nothing less than twenty hundred thousand for it, Fred."

"Done, Trunks. Man, you drive a hard bargain," Fred giggled as Trunks left the room.

******

"Where the hell are we going to get a million Wong?" 18 raged as she looked Heero dead in the eyes. The cyborg said nothing as he packed his bags. Hotaru giggled as she shifted her bag onto one shoulder.

Heero looked up at her with his emotionless dark-blue eyes that peered from under the strands of dark brown hair that fell haphazardly on his forehead. His eyes flickered and hope appeared in them. He smiled and 18 had to admit, he was very handsome. He said, "I've taken care of it, 18. Hilda gave me a good sum to invest after she had me 'fixed'. Besides, we've got plenty of money that we've been storing."

"No, 18 went on a binge shopping spree the other day," Hotaru stated.

18 glared and snapped, "Narc. Well, what are we going to do?"

"Find Duo," Heero stated as he slipped on the characteristic poncho that was so popular among men now.

Hotaru smiled and pushed strands of her black hair from her face. She explained, "She wants details, Heero. You know that."

"We're going on the Outlaw Star with Gene Starwind and his crew," Heero answered as he placed his pistol in his holster as he looked at them.

"Really? Outer space? Wow!" Hotaru exclaimed gently.

He said, "Yes, are you in or out, 18?"

18 rolled her eyes as she smoothed her hair behind her ear. She answered, "Well, someone has to keep you out of trouble, Heero."

******

"I have gathered you here for a reason," Mistress Nine stated as she looked at the assembly of evil beings that she had either brought back from the dead or changed from their good alter egos. She looked at each of them, alien and humanoid alike, from the tiny, pale, doll-like Freeza to the huge, dark green and white monster Cell, to the lovely, curvy young woman with flowing pink hair caught back in ordangos dressed in a tight, form fitting black dress that had high slits that reveled her pale legs named Wicked Lady. Different colored eyes looked at her, wondering why they had been brought here and how they were going to kill her.

She smiled and stated, "You cannot kill me for two reasons. The first being that you simply are not able to do so."

"Wanna bet?" a childish voice hissed. The ancient Yugi stood there, her long blond hair pulled back from her face, a defiant stance evident in her small stature. Her red robe swished around her as she walked toward Nine. Her periwinkle eyes were filled with hostility as she glared at her.

Nine answered, "You can try, little whelp."

Yugi smirked and replied, "I'd hope that you would say that." She drew back her small hands and her power welled up within her.

"Stop!" Cell shouted, grabbing the demonic girl and jerking her back. "Don't you feel her power, child? I, for one, am interested in what she is about to say."

Nine looked over at Wicked Lady, who smiled back, merriment evident in her crimson eyes. Freeza stated, "You have brought us back from the land of the dead. Make your point before I become quite angry."

"Or what, Freeza? You have no power to defeat her," Cell sneered with a smirk on his pale features.

Freeza bristled and shouted, "I am Lord Freeza! What are you?"

"Cell," he answered simply, "And Trunks killed you quite easily, if what Vegeta told I was right."

Freeza snapped, "That boy! His name is Trunks and Vegeta knew him!"

"Of course. Where do you think Trunks got his Sayan blood from? That idiot, Goku?" Cell replied snidely.

Even though this was all interesting to Nine and Lady, they had work at hand. Nine clapped her hands and shouted, "Enough!"

Their eyes turned to her and she smiled. Wicked Lady stated, "You'll be very interested in what she has to say."

"I have chosen you for a reason, brought you back from the dead or awakened you from your righteous prison to help me," Nine answered.

Cell asked, "This is interesting, but what is your point?"

"Well, how would you like to get revenge on the ones who killed you? Yugi, wouldn't you like to wipe out the Juri home world? Freeza, wouldn't you like to kill Trunks? Cell, Vegeta is still alive and well. Without his help, Gohan wouldn't been able to beat you," Nine stated.

Freeza smiled and said, "Yes, I should be able to defeat the lousy monkey brat!"

Cell crossed his arms and added, "Go on, Mistress Nine. I don't believe that you've stated why you want us to do that."

"Very observant, Cell. Very. There are several people who could hinder me in my quest. It would be much easier if you disposed of them or kept them busy until I can finish," Nine explained.

Yugi smiled and asked, "Well, where do we start?"

"Ryoko and Washu are still very active. I'm more worried about those two than Tenchi. Two versions of Trunks and Vegeta have been made immortal. I know you cannot kill them now, but give me time. I think I can work something out with an Eternal Dragon," she answered.

They nodded and smirked as they left Nine and Wicked Lady alone. Wicked Lady bowed and asked, "What can I do?"

"Hotaru thinks of you as her friend. At least the child version of her. I want you to keep her alive. I need her power, but I need you to severely weaken her as well. And I need you to find me a new body, Lady," Nine explained, "Something young."

Wicked Lady bowed and replied, "It will be my pleasure." With that, she disappeared as well, leaving Nine alone. She knew that Vegeta and his Trunkses could beat Cell and Freeza with little problem. They were mainly there to stall. Besides, Majin Boo was too powerful to be called upon and too wild and simple. When she had a new body, then she would rule.

******

"All systems Green," Melfina stated in her tube. The blue liquid flowed along her body as she was suspended in the fluid. Her brown eyes were wide and eager. Gene looked over at Ashia and Suzuka in their weapons stations.

"Ready!" Ashia chirped, bouncing hyperly in her seat.

The more subdued Suzuka nodded and said, "Ready to go, Gene."

"Already, Gene!" Jim chirped from his console.

Gene settled in his pilot's chair and smiled. He looked over to the trio standing there. Hotaru was looking at everything with expressed interest, 18 had mild boardom written across her beautiful features, and Heero seemed curious as well, especially over the ship's controls. He looked at them and asked, "Are you three ready?"

"Whatever," 18 replied coldly.

Hotaru nodded gleefully and stated, "already!"

Heero smirked for a moment before he said, "Mission accepted." Gene looked at him strangely and back at Jim who shrugged. Heero stood there and said nothing, his eyes unwavering as he scanned the controls.

18 clarified, "That's Heero's way of saying that he's ready."

"Gilliam?" Gene asked.

The computer stated, "At your command, Gene."

"Lets go!" Gene shouted as their boosters ignited in a rush. Within moments, the red ship was in space. Gene stated, "Ready to make the jump to Sub-Eather on my mark. One. Two. Three. MARK!"

******

Washu's station was hard to get to, unless you knew the science of other dimensions and the little "pockets" that rested between them. Duo knew for a matter of fact that Washu's station liked to jump these pockets to make her even harder to find, but Duo was a little bit smarter than Ryoko.

The trick was switching from Sub-Eather to Eather at just the right moment. Duo clutched the controls with a grin. This was fun flying, this sort of risk. Trunks sat quietly beside him, looking at the screen of the multicolored dimensional swirls around them.

Trunks asked, "Why are we going to see her again?"

"Better stealth equipment, buddy," Duo answered with a grin. He missed being able to suddenly appear from space's darkness like the God of Death. Washu had been working on a device that would allow him to do such. Ryoko, in parting, casually informed him that her "mother" (she had rolled her eyes at that) wanted to see them.

Duo hoped it had something to do with the stealth equipment. It sucked not being able to sneak up like he use to be able to do in his Gundam. He even missed his Gundam. Sure, he liked the magic for the most part, but he missed Deathscythe HELL. He even missed it before Prof. G had put him and Heero into that horrible slumber. Duo's fists clinched in anger for a moment. He wanted to kill G for what he had did to them, but it had already happened. He knew that G had been dead for hundreds of years and that there was nothing he could do to exact his revenge.

"Duo, are you okay?" Trunks asked him, concern evident in his tone.

Duo smiled and chirped, "Yeah, I'm fine, buddy."

"Your ki raised really high for a moment, that's all," Trunks answered.

Duo smirked and replied, "But not Super Sayan high."

"Impressive for a human though," Trunks defended.

Duo chuckled darkly and said, "A human. If you could call me that."

Trunks sighed and said, "What a pair we are. You're misplaced out of time and here I am, wandering around and trying to find a purpose."

"Cus you saved your world and stuff," Duo teased as he pulled out of Eather drive.

Trunks snickered and said, "Yeah. Didn't you do the same?"

"Pretty much so," Duo answered casually.

Trunks smirked and asked, "Now what?"

"Steal from the Kei pirates, give to the poor, and keep some loot for ourselves on occasion," Duo answered cheerfully.

Trunks stated, "You know what, but Fred Lowe makes me really uncomfortable. He looks at me like I'm food or something. I can blast him to hell and back, but that look just freaks me out."

Duo laughed at loud at this one. Trunks was very nieve in most aspects, partly because he had been raised in a very cloistered life with his mother. He snickered, "Fred just wants to get a little up close and personal, Trunks."

"Nani?" Trunks asked, a confused look blooming in his bright blue eyes.

Duo laughed. One of the reasons that Trunks was so great was that he was so like Heero in so many ways, except without the giant stick up his ass attitude that Heero sometimes had. Mainly that they were both very naive. He chuckled, "Fredy Boy has the hots for you."

"What?" Trunks asked, blinking in confusion.

Duo chuckled and answered, "Fred wants you to get . . ." He made a suggestive gesture with his fingers. "To get hot and heavy with you Trunks."

Trunks paled three shades and squeaked, "But he's a guy!"

"So, two of my best friends were gay lovers. That doesn't mean anything," Duo snickered.

Trunks exclaimed, "But he's a guy! The parts don't work, Duo! They don't!"

"If you're creative enough and have enough lube . . ." Duo drawled, loving the look of shock and disbelief on Trunks' angular face.

Trunks stammered, "But-t-t, I don't like guys. In that way. It's not natural, Duo."

"Ah, and that's your father talking, Trunks. You should be more open minded, buddy. Give Fred a chance. I've heard he's been burned before," Duo suggested, openly teasing the Sayan.

Trunks crossed his arms and glared. "That's not funny, Duo," he snapped.

Duo smirked and replied, "I was getting a kick out of it, Trunks." Then he burst out laughing as he said, "Come on, you and Fred would be a great . . ." He couldn't finish his sentence because he felt something heavy and powerful hit his face. He was sent crashing to the ground with a sore jaw.

He looked up to see Trunks glaring at him, cracking his knuckles. "Just don't go Super Sayan on my poor ass, okay," Duo pleaded, still laughing.

Trunks snapped, "That wasn't funny, Duo."

"Aw, come on Trunks, why do you think I always have you go see him?" he chuckled.

Trunks rolled his eyes before a look of mischief passed his handsome features. He looked absolutely wicked in that moment and Duo was suddenly afraid. "Now, you two on the other hand would be great together. With your long hair and all, you already look like a girl," Trunks teased.

Duo crossed his arms and glared. He snapped, "That wasn't funny, Trunks."

"Come on, Duo, we're here," Trunks said, holding his hand out. Duo smirked as he sent the halfling to the ground. Trunks laughed as he landed on top of Duo and pinned him to the ground.

"Give it up, Duo, you'll never win," Trunks laughed.

Duo smirked and placed his hands on each side of his head. He gave a slow, easy grin as he asked, "Wanna bet?" He closed his eyes for a brief moment and concentrated. "Bye, Trunks-y," Duo purred as he faded away.

Duo chuckled as he straitened out his black jump suit and braid. He thought, He falls for it every time. "You're still pulling that Shadow Walking trick on Trunks? Shame on you, Duo Maxwell," the sardonyx voice of Washu scolded behind him.

Duo smiled as he turned to see the childish scientist behind him. Her head only came up to the middle of his chest, but her spiky pink locks touched his nose. She looked up at him with her bright green eyes before she shouted, "Duo!" Then she pounced on him, wrapping her arms around his waist and giving him a bone crushing hug.

"Little Washu," Duo chuckled as he hugged the scientist, his thoughts wandering . . .

He was desperately weak. He lie on the controls, half asleep from hunger and fatigue. His body was shivering with cold, his hair still dripping wet with fluids. He looked around with heavily lidded eyes as the ship drifted to God only knew where.

Minutes, hours, days later a bright light burst through his vision. He groggily looked around, seeing a tiny, pixie like figure dressed in white tights, kakki shorts with matching suspenders, a white shirt with a crimson vest. Her hair was long, spiky and bright pink. It trailed to the back of her knees, almost reaching her ankles. Her bright green, intelligent eyes looked over Duo with a knowledge that spoke volumes. Mainly she was older than she looked.

She sauntered up to Duo and pushed his bangs from his face. She chirped, "Aren't you a cute one? Got yourself into quite a mess, didn't you, pretty boy?"

******

"See anything interesting Trunks?" Washu asked the Sayan halfling. Trunks spun around from the experiment he was watching to the tiny, pink haired, childlike figure behind him. She smiled brightly at him and waved, giggling slightly.

Trunks asked, "Do you know about my mother?"

"Of course, who doesn't?" Washu replied, sitting on air that instantly thickened around her. She rested her chin on the palms of her hands as she watched Trunks carefully. She asked, "What do you want to know?"

Trunks smiled briefly, blushing a little. "Could you cure her?" Trunks blurted as he looked down at his hands.

Washu walked over to him and gathered one of his hands. The ancient scientist smiled sagely as she barely gathered one of his hands in both of her tiny, white hands. She just seemed so delicate and fragile, but Trunks knew better. After all, any creature who created Ryoko had to be very tough.

"All you had to do was ask, Trunks," she answered kindly, smiling at him.

He shyly chuckled as he scratched the back of his head with his free hand. He said, "Thanks, Washu, I don't know how to repay you."

"Keeping Duo alive would be sufficient enough," Washu replied cryptically as she waved her hand. A monitor appeared showing Duo working on the Shinigami. "He's the one person in a long time that respects my genius, Trunks. And he's a genius in his own right too. He's given me problems that I haven't been able to solve yet. He's a natural builder too. It's been a long while since I had someone I could talk to on my own level."

Trunks nodded and said, "Yeah, I hear what you're saying. He's the first person in a long time, other than my father, who understood what I was going through, even though he couldn't go through it himself. He's the first true friend I've had since Gohan died."

"There, we agree on something," Washu said brightly before stepping away. "Now, about your mom, lets see if we can't find a starting point somewhere, okay?"

Trunks was about to reply when he felt something intense inter the room. He could recognize the first presence any where. "Cell," he snarled as he turned around.

Sure enough, standing there, was the molted green, demonic presence known as Cell. The synthetic being flexed his insectoid wings as his pink eyes twinkled maniacally. Standing beside him was a small child with bright golden hair held up with a red band dressed in long, flowing crimson robes.

"Yugi. I thought you were dead," Washu calmly stated as she stood beside Trunks, shutting down the monitor.

Yugi, the little girl, giggled and looked at Cell. "Do you wish to go first?" she asked.

"It would be my pleasure," Cell answered as he held out his finger in the Gallic Gun position.

Trunks gathered all of his anger as it rippled around him. The energy spiked around him in bright lightning sharp cackles. It flared around him, enveloping him in golden fire. His hair changed from lavender to pale gold, growing and standing on end. His body was more streamline and not as bulky, his eyes shifted to a bright, intense aqua.

"Galic Gun!" Cell chorused as he fired the energy.

Trunks shouted as he flew at it, ready to block it. Except something dark hit him, sending him crashing to the far end of the lab. He looked up to see the little girl standing over him, her hand ablaze with black fire. "Not so fast, handsome," she purred as she blasted him again.

To Be Continued!

Author's Notes: I didn't see that much of Tenchi in Toyko, but I thought Yugi was highly creepy. I don't know the full exstent of her powers, but well, I thought a kid villian would be intresting between the monsters such as Freeza and Cell as well as the sexy vixens Mistress Nine and the Wicked Lady. Oh, don't worry, more villians will come up and plague our Heero . . . heroes, I meant to say heroes! Review please!