Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami and The Knight of Death: Gundams at RO ❯ Destruction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Destruction
 
I know I haven't written in quite a while (can you say almost 3 years?). I have been busy and I still am. I'm trying to get a master degree (it involves a buoy system, VHF, low cost and fish). However I both miss and need to write some of the stories I have in my mind. I'm always plotting a tale (a friend told me I look sleepy when I walk doing that).
 
Anyway, this fan fiction is a crossover between Gundam Wing (which I only know what I have read from other fan fictions and got a lot of spoilers for this) and Ragnarok Online (the videogame, not the anime). Obviously I don't own either of them. You don't need to know about RO, so don't worry too much about it. Most new characters and guilds are from the servers I played at with my brother.
 
Please keep in mind that I use to put many details to my fics, probably I won't update as fast and often as I plot and want to. Besides please don't forget I'm merely a Mexican female (I have been mistaken for a male at other fics) so my english is not that perfect. You're free to comment about it.
 
Please enjoy!
 
SHINIGAMI AND THE KNIGHT OF DEATH: GUNDAMS AT RO
Chapter 1: Destruction
 
Everything seemed to be alright since the end of Mariemaia Incident. Finally we got peace and we could live a more normal life. We, the Gundam Pilots, became preventers in hopes to keep things like that. Well, I sometimes had to go to attend some family business but that's beside the point. It seems my dear sisters weren't used to the job just yet but were getting better at it.
 
However, like many things in history, something bad had to come to pass sooner or later. A huge meteor made its way to our dear planet. Its size could not be ignored since it was greater than the Moon's. Many actions were taken to try to destroy it but nothing could. They even send us the units 01 - 06 plus 09 and still we only managed to scratch it.
 
Soon the Moon was attracted to such mass and we knew it was the end of our world. Not even the colonies were going to survive since they were being attracted as well. Scientists started to make calculations about how much was the probability of any kind of life to endure the impact and all hopes ended then. Even if somehow living beings survived that it was rater difficult without the Moon to rule some of the weather they were used to. Besides the Earth's orbit and axis were going to change and, probably, the magnetic poles too.
 
So we decided to wait the final day together with our dear ones. The seven of us took each a person inside of our gundams, hopping to endure a little more. Each took the one who was nearest at the moment to them: Heero took, unsurprisingly, Relena; Duo got Hilde; Trowa escorted Lady Une; Dorothy came before I got the chance to ask her to; Wufei rushed Sally; and Zechs carried a scared Mariemaia. Unfortunately Noin could not get in time to reach Catherine at the Circus before the Colony where it was at the time was attracted and impacted against the meteor. Noin barely came out of it alive.
 
So we were floating around the space, keeping contact of the others when we found a shimmering portal. Weirdly enough both Deathscythe and Shenlong approached it without hesitation.
 
-What are you doing?!- I heard Lady Une asking through Heavyarms' communication systems.
-No time to explain…!- Wufei said urgently.
-…Get inside, now!- Duo continued. They both blinked, obviously not expecting the other to react like that.
 
We were confused but we knew they were right. Whatever it was at the other side couldn't be worst than waiting to die. So we obeyed and went through the portal, Heero like always being the first one and Deathscythe being the last one. Suddenly everything went blank.
 
When I woke up I found myself floating in a weird shimmering dark blue space and looked around.
 
-So, you're finally awake.- I heard the soft voice of a woman and saw a winged blond girl a few steps away from me. -Good. Now we only have to wait for your friend to wake up as well before getting into explanation mode.- She continued giggling at her own joke even if it wasn't a good one.
 
Somehow I could feel she was more than what she appeared to be. Of course the armor, wings and weapons were a sure giveaway. I merely nodded and finally noticed Zechs floating/laying at the other side of the girl. He chose that moment to wake up and he looked as surprised as me.
 
-Ok. Now it's explanation time. First let me introduce myself, I'm Helga and I'm a valkyrie.
-I'm Quatre and he is Zechs.- I introduced us in the same informal way she obviously preferred. -Sorry but I thought valkyries were a myth.
-Well, in your home dimension we were but that's mainly for the connection both worlds shared.
-Shared?!- Zechs exclaimed as surprised as me. -Are you saying our dimensions are connected?!
-Yes.- She nodded. -A lot time ago both worlds also had communication between them but it was all lost and soon we all became a myth. Actually very few, including us the valkyries, know about your dimension. However some of them had gone to there to check things or used it as an escape route.
-Escape route?- I found myself repeating confused. -Why would they need to escape from here?
-I'm kind of embarrassed to admit- She started. - that the balance of humans and monsters is not that good. Actually it resembles your world's balance between humans and nature. Many times monsters have been forced to run away from humans because they fear extinction. They disappear for many years before coming back. Now I don't know what they're going to do.
-So this world is destroying itself as well, isn't it?- My companion asked/commented.
-Yes, I'm afraid so.
-Where are we exactly?
-You're in Valhalla.- We blinked at that. Obviously she detected were our thoughts were going since she continued. -No, you're not dead. You're temporally here so I can explain some things to you before sending you to Midgar.- We nodded so she could get into the so promised explanation. -You see, when you came desperately to this dimension, it felt your silent request to be accepted by it and it tested each one of you so it could know if it was possible. Fortunately for you, all of you passed the test but are going to be separated in groups according to the job most suitable for you.
-Job?!- I was exclaimed. -What do you mean by that?
-In this world humans learn how to survive a little different than in your world. Each persons literally trains to become something that helps them to survive monsters attacks or, in other cases, to help people. It actually depends on each person. For example, both of you are going to be send to Geffen, where mages are made.
-So are we going to get the same job?!!- Zechs seemed quite surprised at this. He even had his left eyebrow raised. I can understand his point. We may be Gundam Pilots but that's where the similarities between us end.
-Well, for you to reach your full development you need to become mages first but there are different jobs that can be reached when that happens. In other words, you're surely end up as different kind of mage each.
-Are we going to be able to find the others?.- He asked and I was quite curious as well.
-Of course. But they are at totally different location. If you want to find them soon you need to train really hard so you can travel safely.
-What happened with our gundams?
-Well, it was decided they're going to remain in Valhalla until the time comes that they're needed again. We are afraid that something is going to attack soon our world. So please help our people to become stronger. Please become the leaders we need.
-We'll do that, Helga.- I answered remembering the name she wanted us to call her.
-Thanks. Now take these booklets.- She suddenly pushed some booklets in our arms. -Read them. They'll help you to understand this world better.
 
With that we saw a white light and appeared at the middle of a white street of a city with very old kind of architecture. We quickly got out of the road, tried to sit on the sidewalk (which for some reason we couldn't) and started to read…
 
 
To be continued
 
I hope you liked this chapter. I felt a bit rushed at the final part but I couldn't stop the flowing of words that came to me. For me every story writes itself and this is an example. I didn't plan to name a valkyrie when I thought about this fic but it suddenly came so I hope it doesn't bother you. In here I'll put every comment that has to do with the character that will appear. Like a story behind the fic.
 
There is a reason why this fic is called like that but it'll become more apparent as the plot advances.
 
Next chapter will be about Hilde and Sally training and the first new character apparition.
 
Until the next time! Smile!!! ^O^
 
Greetings from Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!