Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami and The Knight of Death: Gundams at RO ❯ Merchants and the Walking Fridge ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Merchants and the Walking Fridge
 
Hello again! I'm here writing another chapter, this time about Sally's and Hilde's training.
 
Remember, neither Gundam Wing nor Ragnarok Online are mine. However, Robot belongs to me (the concept, not the sprite).
 
Sorry if Hilde and Sally are kind of out of character but I really don't know how they act aside from some facts I have read in fics.
 
Shinigami and the Knight of Death: Gundams at RO
Chapter 2: Merchants and the Walking Fridge
 
-Finally we're here!!- Hilde exclaimed somewhat tired. Sally came walking beside of her. Both of them were pulling wooden carts and dressing similar flowing dresses that reached to their knees. They had a jacket on top of it, boots and a bag around their waists.
-Yeah. This must be it.- Her companion answered while looking around, noticing all the vegetation at that place. -It does look like an archer village, according to the info we found.
 
They walked through the city that looked more like a town in middle of the forest than an actual city. They could see some people walking around, a lot of them archers carrying arrows and bows. Sally took out a map and Hilde approached to her.
 
-So where now?
-Well, since we are so tired of fighting weird masses of colored jelly with cute I think we should go to the next recommended training step: Payon Dungeon. According to this map is inside of a cave nearby. We must take the path to our ride side and follow it towards North.
-Then what are we waiting for? To get another of this strange cards?- The short haired girl in blue said showing a card with a strange red mushroom on it.
-Put that thing in the cart.- The woman in peppermint green advised. -Something tells me that those cards are going to be useful later.
-Ok. Let's go!
 
They followed the map's instructions until they got in front of a cave's entrance. Some people were sitting outside. Also one of those kafra ladies was there greeting everyone.
 
Kafras were probably one of those topics they couldn't understand very much. They seemed to be ladies en long dresses, aprons and a pink lacy band on their heads but they could do many things for the travelers. For one hand they could keep some of the things that people couldn't carry with them for the amount of weight all of it actually represented. Somehow kafras were able to keep it on a kind of subspace that could be accessed from another kafra point. There were other things they could do but the dimensional travelers couldn't understand them yet.
 
-You know,- Hilde started -I don't think walking around with this carts is very safe. I mean, we're really slow.
-Yes, but you know we need them.- Her friend commented. -We are merchants after all. We are expected to collect many things to sell later. It's a necessary step before we start learning what we really want.
-But aren't we easier to kill?
-I wouldn't worry too much about it. If what we read is true, we will be able to move faster soon and we can learn how to use our carts' weight in to an attack.
-Really?
-Yeah. Didn't you read those booklets we were given?
-Well, I actually skimmed through them. I wanted to start training as soon as possible.
-You have been around Duo too much…
 
Hilde preferred not to reply that comment. They went inside of the cave and soon saw another of those green jelly creatures known as poporings.
 
-Another of those things?!- The younger of them exclaimed. -Did we come from Alberta only to fight more of them?!
-Hilde, look in front of you…
 
She obeyed and noticed some skeletons that seemed to jump around. A little away from them they could see a purple zombie walking slowly towards them, its nasty smell reached to them.
 
-Eww! It literally sucks!
-It's a walking corpse. What did you expect?
-Err. You're right.
-Anyway, we shouldn't be talking went that thing keeps coming towards us.
-Yep. Let's fight!
 
Both of them drawn their axes and prepared to fight when suddenly a bat came flying and they were forced to run a little so they could kill it away any imminent danger. Farmiliars (the bats) were pretty agile creatures that only seemed to get in the way of people.
 
-Do you think we're ready to kill one of these skeletons?- Hilde asked, uncertainty clearly in her voice.
-We won't know unless we try it.
-Do you need help?- A voice came from behind of them.
 
They turned around and saw what they could only describe as a walking fridge. It was a person covered from head to toes of white armor and clothing. Even their hair was white and apparently short since it was barely noticeable with the helmet they had on. They had purple glasses covering their eyes and an iron cain in place as well. A flowing purple cape that reached the floor was visible at their back. And, finally, they had a silver cross at their chest. For all of those things, they couldn't determinate the gender of the person.
 
-Who…? What are you?- The short haired merchant asked startled. She heard a chuckle. The voice that came was still genderless for all the metallic qualities the iron cain gave.
-My name is Robot and I'm a crusader.
-A crusader?- Now Sally was confused. -We have seen crusaders before, even two paladins, but you look different to them.
-…- Their companion was silent for a moment before s/he sighed. -What differences do you find in me?
-Well,- Hilde decided to answer that. -For starters your chest armor is different… More rounded. Your hip armor pieces reach below your knees…
-Every crusader has hip armor that long.
-Yes but you have more pieces than the others. Besides, your shoulder armor seems kind of smaller.
-Seeing all that, can't you guest the difference?
-Mmm.- The other merchant was thinking with her arms crossed around her chest. Seeing neither of them was going to give a proper answer, Robot decided to give them another clue.
-Do female merchants dress the same clothing that males do?
 
There was silence for a minute.
 
-So are you telling us you're female?
-Of course!- The armored lady exclaimed before she sighed once again. -I actually don't blame you for not being able to tell the difference. Females and male crusaders look very similar.
-Yeah but that should not be an excuse!- Hilde said. -We would have noticed earlier if we had seen other female crusaders before! I don't remember seeing another one!
-That's because I'm the only one right now.
-What?! How is that possible?!
-Very few females like this type of swordsmanship. They prefer to be knights and those are few as well. I remember when I was a swordslady. I heard about another sader (short for crusader) female. She was the first one in all Midgar but something happened to her and she disappeared. I'm actually the second one and I'm happy to know there is another in the making.
-Say, have you been told you look like a walking fridge?
-Hilde!!- Sally gave her a reprimanding look.
-Hey! I'm curious!- She rose her hands in calming motion. They both were started when they heard their companion's laugh.
-Don't worry about that!- She said between chuckles. -I'm quite used to it. Every sader is called like that, you know? It comes with the job, literally. It doesn't bother me. I think that's one of the reason females aren't interested. I mean, many of them would feel offended if someone called them any form of fridge or machine related nickname.
 
She paused for some seconds, obviously thinking. She shook her head and then looked at the dimensional merchants.
 
-As amusing this conversation is, I think I should ask you again if you need help. I already got some… presents for you.
 
At that moment they noticed some farmiliars and zombies attacking Robot, no one of their attacks seemed to affect her. They even impacted soundly on her armor.
 
-So, do you want them?- She got a pair of nods. -Well, what are you waiting for? Hit them. I'll tank you.
 
They drawn their axes again and started to fight with their new friend's protection. They decided to leave some questions for later. Like why was she helping them? What was that weird purple emblem in the band around her left arm? And, more important, had she seen any of their missing friends?
 
To be continued
 
I hope you liked this chapter. It was a little different from what I had originally planed but I thought it was better if it was more detailed. Unfortunately for Gundam Wing's fans it caused Robot to have a more active role than expected, not that she was unimportant.
 
Robot is a crusader I made at Ragnamex, the third server I played at. Her description is more or less accurate for what I can remember (the server is closed now) and her story as well. You see, when I got to Ragnamex I discovered I was the only crusader in the whole server. I was indeed told that there had been another one before me but she disappeared, like I said in this chapter. They gave a name that I've already forgotten so I changed a little the story to go according with other chars from other servers. I'll later get into that.
 
The Robot from this fiction is actually a fusion between Ragnamex' Robot, Pillows' Argh, Q-RO's Valhalla and, later, Ragnamex' High Rates' Kapegui. The first three are all the crusaders I have created until now. Kapegui was only a paladin I created for checking what a paladin could do (at high rates servers you level up too fast for my taste).
 
In case you about the whole poporing, farmiliar, zombie, skeleton and spore (the red mushroom) thing, they're all monsters, really weak ones at that. However for low levels they can be nasty.
 
If you wonder why Robot understood about the Fridge comment is quite simple. They're some places where there is a lot of technology (like in Bio lab). Also there are robot monsters so I think she had to learn about them somewhere.
 
Anyway, don't worry if you don't know much about the jobs here mentioned. They all will be explained at later chapters slowly.
 
Next chapter Heero and Noin will meet Relena again and train. No new relevant characters will appear.
 
Until the next time! Smile!!! ^O^
 
Greetings from Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!