Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Ragnarok Fan Fiction ❯ Shinigami and The Knight of Death: Gundams at RO ❯ Two Swordies and an Aco ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Two Swordies and an Aco
 
Hello there! Carscard here again! It's been a while since my last chapter but I must say I started doing some research to remind things I may need for this fic. For example, I noticed a big plot hole at the last chapter.
 
You see, I have played in a total of four servers and two high rates ones and the logic of how to change jobs differs sometimes. At the high rates and at two of the normal ones they had an NPC (non playing character) to change jobs but at both Ragnamex (which returned some weeks ago back to operation) and Midgar Chronicles you need to do a quest. I made two merchants (Oneechan and Soul of Merchant) but they were at Pillows and Q-Ro (in that order).
 
The plot hole is because I didn't know about what the merchant quest really entails so I made the mistake of making Sally and Hilde to get to Payon like they were there for the first time. According to rune-nifelheim.com there is a point in that quest were merchant-to-be need to go to other cities to meet an NPC, which actually means they had to pass through Payon first (I'm supporting this on a map of the game and the fact that I liked to go to many parts by foot).
 
And… sorry for all the typos of the last chapter, I didn't notice until I reread it before writing this one. I even mixed English and Spanish…
 
Anyway, remember, I don't own Gundam Wing or Ragnarok Online. Not new characters appear here.
 
Remember, some facts explanation at the end.
 
Shinigami and the Knight of Death: Gundams at RO
Chapter 3: Two Swordies and an Aco
 
Running for their lives wasn't exactly Noin's idea of fun. After both of them became swordsman and swordswoman, they left Izlude (the swordsmen's city) and went to Payon Dungeon to train for a while. Soon they got bored (having the Perfect Soldier as your partner would make any fight a lot easier than normal) and decided to go to the famous Orc Dungeon to train. That meant they had to travel from Payon, through many fields, Prontera, more fields and, finally, the last field, which happened to have orcs of many types guarding the entrance to the dungeon.
 
Noin started to run faster when she noticed Heero pressing on. She looked back and, yep, another orc was following them. They may be able to defeat many monsters at Payon Dungeon but their swordsmanship wasn't that well yet. She gazed in front of them and finally saw the dungeon's entrance. However the sounds of the orcs' steps approaching them were in no way reassuring.
 
She silently wondered what made them to decide to be vitality based swordies instead of agility based ones. They certainly needed some speed boost now. She also wondered who decided that swordswomen should have such a long dress as their uniform. Hers made her a lot slower than she liked.
 
Soon they got through those gates, narrowly avoiding the orc horde, and Noin sighed. She saw Heero analyzing the new place. She soon joined as well. After so many combats side by side with the japanese pilot she got used to such proceedings. When they felt ready they got deeper until they saw the entrance to the cavern part of that place: where the real dungeon began. They nodded each other and started exploring.
 
It really smelled bad there. That place was famous for being filled by orc skeletons and orc zombies so it was kind of normal to smell like that. The first part was a narrow passage and they saw many people sitting and recovering.
 
-This must be a kind of safe place.- Noin thought. -We heard this place is quite crowded with enemies.
 
At the same time, Noin drew her pike and her round shield and Heero his tsurugi and his own round shield. They went deeper but, before starting to fight, a voice stopped them.
 
-Heero?! Noin?!
 
They turned around and they saw Relena in her pink and yellow traditional acolyte clothing running towards them.
 
-It's really you!- She exclaimed attaching herself to Heero's left arm. -I'm so glad to find some familiar faces!
-Hnn.- Heero may not be very expressive with his answers but both Relena and Noin got Duo's “Understanding the Perfect Soldier's Grunts and Glares Language” Special Classes to heart so they knew he was relieved to find the blonde looking healthy and unwound.
-It's good to see you as well, Relena.- The female swordie greeted in a calmer tone. Obviously being so much time at Heero's side was affecting her.
-So, what type of swordsman and swordswoman are you?- The once Queen of the World asked with curiosity in her voice.
-We're both vitality based ones, if that's what you asked.
-Yes, I meant that. I must say Heero already got some advances on that before coming here.
-Hnn.- Apparently he found the comment amusing.
-So, I'm guessing you'll be a full support priestess.- Noin's clearly said she saw that one coming.
-Yes, I will. That has made me quite popular here. It seems everyone wants an acolyte or a priest in their groups for trainings. As a result I have leveled up quite fast. I'll soon need to go to a more dangerous place, like Glast Heim.
-Hnn.- Heero “clearly” expressed his worries for Relena.
-Something tells me- Noin thought - our training is about to get harder. Heero wants to protect her. So we need to level up faster.
-Well,- The blonde started - since I don't have to train with my training team in a while, would you like me to support you? I'll only be healing you from a safe distance. Of course with so many drainillars (red bats) I may need some help…
-Hnn.
-I think it would be a good idea.
-Ok. Lead the way.
 
Heero nodded at that and started leading them deeper into the cave, promptly killing a red bat with some slashes of his sword, completely ignoring he should not be able to do that with so little agility training (in that world) and such low ranking. Soon they saw two orc zombies walking towards them in a really low pace.
 
Relena went back some steps and drew a rod with a skull at its end and a small square looking shield and started praying. Meanwhile Noin and her male companion attacked one of those enemies each. The red clad swordswoman pierced her pray with fast and strong moves of her pike while evading or shielding herself from that massive mace. The swordsman in green and black dodged with his characteristic skill and slashed fiercely the undead at its chest, neck, legs and arms areas.
 
Suddenly both of them felt the buffs their aco (short for acolyte) friend gave them, and started moving faster. Few seconds later, both corpses stopped moving and felt to the ground. They quickly took what could be sold or helpful later and took the left path at the first meeting of roads they found out.
 
^O^
 
Hours later they went back to where they first met with Relena and sat down to rest.
 
-Relena, I've been meaning to ask you.- Noin started saying as she made a hand motion towards the future priestess' left arm, where a black band with a white pagoda shape in it and Heero perked up -What's that?
-Oh! This is Kingdom of Darkness' emblem, the guild where I am.
-Guild?
-Yes, guild. This world seems to be based on guilds or groups of organized people. I'm still trying to understand why they exist but it looks like it's the best way to survive here. Besides some guilds are rivals between them. There are allies and enemies but for what, I'm not sure yet.
 
^O^
 
After all this time in this place, we've been brought to this room. I must say I haven't seen my friend until today. For some reason they want us to remain here instead of returning to Midgar, so they kept us apart from the others and each other. Suddenly Helga the valkyrie came and brought to here.
 
The only good thing about this time apart is that I have been able to think better about the situation. Duo knew, as well as me, about this dimension. That only can mean one thing: he is a monster, like me. No human remember about the connection between dimensions so I'm certain of it.
 
I turn my gaze towards him and I see he is watching me in such a way I'm sure he knows who I really am. It's actually a not so difficult task since I only bothered to conceal the color of my hair, skin and eyes of my human form so I'm fairly recognizable. I'm one of a kind, after all.
 
That makes me realize he must have a human form as well. That's an uncommon skill between monsters. Very few of us can change our appearance and even fewer can pass as human. In addition to that I have always wondered why his eyes seem so familiar to me, as if I have seen them before but something was off.
 
He locks his gaze to mine and I can see respect and fear in them. Fear at what, I'm not sure. Suddenly those eyes aren't so off after all. I give so steps towards him and he tenses.
 
He calls himself Shinigami, how couldn't I have noticed before? He does not lie indeed. I stand in front of him. He obviously waits a negative reaction from me.
 
-Xun…
 
I haven't heard my real name in quite sometime. He just confirmed my suspicions. He is someone I thought was dead. I hug him and whisper his real name.
 
-Mako…
 
I have my little brother back and I'm not losing him… again…
 
To be continued
 
Ok. I must say I changed this chapter a lot but I must hurry now if I want to update right now. I have to go to the gym and I'm about to leave my school.
 
Acolytes can be healers or buff giver beaters, depends on what they want to be later.
 
I'm wondering if you can guess what Noin and Heero are going to be later, so I'm not explaining that yet.
 
The whole band thing came to me because I didn't know how to explain the emblems. I mean, in the game you could see them when you passed your cursor over a character. Obviously I couldn't do that.
 
I wasn't going to put Wufei's and Duo's scene at all but I thought “hey, this fic's name is Shinigami and the Knight of Death, they have to appear more” so I decided to put them at some chapters. I was going to make them appear until much later. Until the gundams are needed again.
 
Next chapter Dorothy finds Trowa, Une and Mariemaia. Also two new chapters appear.
 
Until the next time! Smile!!! ^O^
 
Greetings from Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!