Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Beyond the Eyes ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: This is really something I can't explain. Seriously. I just wrote it. But, it really has my praise. So, yeah.

Summery: Usagi Tsukino, the wisecracking and beautiful daughter of a big music industry man, has had it with her life… and her deep secret. The result of her frustration is the answer to her prayers, yet the trouble of a very vital person. Now, Usagi has a choice, how will she deal? Usagi POV

*Usagi's or whoever's thoughts, depends on who's POV*

(Action or Sound)

"Do I really need to tell you this one?"

~Emphasize~

__Time/Place Change__

_____________________________________________________________

Had there ever been a moment like the one yesterday, I wouldn't know how to act. (huff) Damn you, Duo. Why do you have to be so damn irresistible!? (loud huff) I haven't heard from Jinx since yesterday; probably hiding from me. If I were her I would too! I'm so infuriated right now!

Sliding down the stair pole, Chibi runs passed me and laughs in my face, "Hope you have a distasteful V-day!"

Oh- (bites hand to keep from saying bad words) The dance is today! Saturday! (bites hand again) ARGH! (runs back up stairs to room) Gotta find a dress. (looks at clock) (bites hand; again) My hand is gonna be bitten off by the end of this!

Should it be blue? Red? Black? WHITE? "Ah, the Valentine's Day dance?" Mama asks, plopping down on my bed lazily.

"Hai. And I can't pick out a dress!" "Try the blue one in the back of your closet- No, that's your first dance dress- Wait, yeah. That's the one!"

"MAMA! I can't wear this." I bawl, staring at the dress. It's stunning, true. But, me? In a dress like this? "And why not? It looks good to me."

"Why not? Mama, look at it!" (doorbell chime) "I'll go get that." "Don't leave me here with this unfair decision! Mama!" Mama smiles at me over her shoulder, says something in my grandmother's native language and heads down the stairs.

(sigh) I guess I'll have to go with this one.

It's a shimmering light royal blue-ish color. It doesn't have straps, but it does have a ring type hold around the neck. Did I mention that it trails off slightly? The real problem with it is that it's so tight fitting! You can just glance at it and it looks tight. Especially around the waist and chest. But, despite my opinion towards it, it fits me.

O_o Whoa… it looks nice on me.

"Usagi!" Mama calls. Geez, who's here to see me at ~THIS~ moment? "USAGI!" I growl. Damn it. Who is it!

"Usagi, your date is waiting for you." I turn sharply, "Has Daddy gotten to him yet?" Mama chuckles, "Sadly."

"Oh, poor Duo!" I say.

*Take the old `girl down the stairs' walk*

I sigh, am I ready for this? Rather I am or not, my feet lead me down the stairs to the living room, where Daddy has cornered Duo. Already.

"You look strikingly gorgeous, Usagi." Duo greets me, already scared of Daddy, and hands me a rose. I smile at him, returning a reply through eye contact.

"I expect her back by 11:00. Got it?" Duo nods to Daddy, nervously. I'm pretty sure he wants to get out of here, now.

Latching my arm in his, I begin gently tugging him to the door. "And nothing better happen to her!" I growl in my throat and slam the door behind us.

Duo shivers a little, "So, uh…. You really do look nice." "Thanks." There isn't much talk; this isn't a real date, ya know.

"I hope you didn't plan on a car." "I really didn't care."

"Right. Well, uh…." I grin at Duo, "I'll help myself up." But, despite my statement, Duo takes my hand and gently pulls me up on the motorcycle.

Placing the helmet on my head, my grin widens. Why am I so happy about this? I mean, this isn't a ~real~ date. So why the heck am I so happy!?

One of my arms is wrapped around Duo, to keep me balanced, and my other hand is, as silly as it sounds, playing with his braid of chestnut hair while I lay my head on his back. He doesn't seem to mind and we stay this way for the ride.

*So warm and sweet.*