Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Destructional Assassins ❯ Tragic Experiments ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon

Hey all! Aww, I just saw Moulin Rouge again, cause we got the DVD for Christmas, and it is so freaking sad! AWWW! Poor Christian! Plus, to top that off, when I walked over to my laptop, the song, "Show me the meaning of being lonely," was playing (from the BSB, even though I don't really listen to it) I swear…this is so depressing! AWW! (This chapter may be extremely emotional because of the mood I'm in.

(Some lyrics: Show me the meaning, of being lonely. Is this the feeling I need to walk with? Tell me why, I cant be there where you are? There's something missing in my heart. (Echo) You were missing from my heart.)

AWWW!

Destructional Assassins

"Why must we keep meeting up like this?" Heero asked. Once more, Hotaru was sitting in a chair, guarded by Heero. Waking up, Hotaru looked around and saw that her hands were untied, she asked, "What happened to my loose bindings?"

"Well, I figured that if you were going to escape no matter what, then why bother?" Heero replied. Seeing the logic, Hotaru shrugged. "Hm…you've just earned some brownie points with me! I don't have to waste my time now…and for that your gift will be a kiss on the cheek and my real name."

Lifting an eyebrow, Heero noted, "If you weren't an assassin, we would actual make a good couple."

At that, Hotaru replied, "If you didn't turn into a Gundam Pilot and stayed an assassin, then we could have been a couple."

Giving a quick peck on the cheek to Heero, Hotaru started walking towards the door, taking her jacket with her, but stopped when she remembered the second half of the promise. "My name is Hotaru Tomoe."

Heero choked on his water. "You're the Hotaru Tomoe? The one who surpassed even my training? The one trained on the hidden colony L8? The one who was going to be a gundam pilot?" When Hotaru nodded, he added, "If you were a Gundam Pilot then we would have been a couple." Laughing slightly, Hotaru nodded and pulled out a small ring. Recognizing the small alteration to the ring, Heero moaned. "Not that sleeping gas again…" Hotaru nodded and softly said, "If I don't you would stop me from leaving."

***One hour later***

"Destruction, did you complete the mission?" Bunny asked. When she got a quick nod, Bunny resumed asking her questions. "Did you see that crazy psychopath 02?" Smirking, Hotaru looked back at Usagi. "Am I sensing a little crush, rabbit?" Blushing a little red, Bunny looked away from Destruction. Seeing the color on her friend's face made Destruction burst out into laughter, something that she rarely did. Hearing such an unusual noise, Love walked in and wanted to know what was going on. "Little Bunny here has the hots for the pilot of Deathscythe Hell… you know…the one that tortured her with carrots?" Eyes widening, Love looked shocked at Bunny.

"Are Time and Blaze back yet? They have been gone for three days already. You don't suppose something happened, do you?" asked a concerned Minako. Shaking her head, Usagi answered her friend.

Destruction headed back to her room where she promptly changed from her mission clothes into something more comfortable. She knew exactly what was going on…something had happened to her friends. If something had happened, then the plan must continue. Destruction cursed herself for coming up with such a dangerous plan. The deal had been that Blaze would go in and implant a code to the main computer, so that the heat sensors were disabled. From there, they would be free to assassinate the owner of the company. If Blaze did not return within one and a half days, then Time would enter, complete the mission, and then rescue Blaze. If Time failed, then Love would go in. The rest would be the same, Bunny after Love, and then finally Destruction. She knew that the mission would be a success, but it might take several days. As Hotaru walked back out, she noticed Minako getting ready. She sighed…perhaps she should have just gone by herself…and then she cursed herself. She was being selfish and not thinking about her friends again. Their ego's were already hurt by several of her one-person stunts, and they were feeling left out.

Destruction packed her few items and went to the kitchen to get a drink of water. Looking around the empty house she sighed. It had been a day and a half since Bunny left, and it was just up to her. She wondered if her friends knew what the real mission was. Scolding herself, Hotaru felt guilty for never telling her fellow assassins her true strategy. But…she knew that they couldn't know, otherwise they would give it away. Besides, she wanted her companions to have the element of surprise, even when it wasn't in their favor. Jumping on her motorcycle, Destruction sped off towards the two-hour drive to the secluded property.

As Hotaru crept through the forest, she let her owl senses take over. Hearing footsteps near the entrance to the building, Hotaru climbed up the nearest tree and watched. It was dark again, and Hotaru slid off the branch, landing on the soil soundlessly. Using the speed that the cheetah DNA allowed her, she ran towards the building, and, using the wall, she pushed off it and landed on the roof, crouching. Feeling slightly tired from her run; Hotaru slinked in the shadows that the moon cast. As soon as she got to the glass sunroof, she pulled out her glasscutter.

Thirty minutes later, everything was going according to plan. Knowing that the pilots weren't asleep, she decided to pay a quick trip to the soldiers guarding the bedrooms. She had to find the bedroom that had the secret entrance to the side-room. She had already used up 23 needles, but she still had not found the room. She passed the rooms that her friends were being held captive in, but decided not to enter…they would get out when she needed them to. As her eyes settled at the last room, something in her told her that the hidden passage was in there. Grasping the doorknob, Hotaru gently turned it, as not to wake the sleeper.

She quietly slipped into the room and immediately saw the door. She walked up to it and opened it. Inside, there was a single ladder going up, in the tiny, closet sized room. Before she even got an inch up, a voice called her back. "Hotaru?"

Turning around sharply, Hotaru saw an awake perfect soldier. "Did I wake you?" she quietly inquired. Shaking his head, he replied, "I just got in bed. So…what are you planning to do tonight?" Shaking her head, she said, "That is confidential. Oh! Good news…no sleeping gas today!" Seeing a slightly relieved look on Heero's face, she inwardly smiled. During the past week, he had encountered more bottles of that stuff that would have been produced in a month at the factory. However, the look on his face didn't last long as he asked, "So what is it?" He got up and walked towards her. Taking out her bracelet, she pointed to the hollow gem. "You wouldn't know the name. This has no cure, so you have to listen closely. Look around the room and memorize the location of the furniture. When I set this off, close your eyes and your mouth, and just breathe through your nose. If you open your eyes and this is in the air, then it would burn, and you might possibly be blinded. If it encounters your mouth, then your throat will be burned, and you might not be able to chew, swallow, or drink anything. If you just breathe through your nose, nothing would happen, as it becomes harmless after being in your body for .025 seconds."

Heero slowly nodded, and Hotaru crushed the gem, sending the gas spilling out. Walking over to the pilot, Hotaru took his hand and lead him over to the bed. "This is where I leave you. Don't open your eyes until you hear the alarm, okay?" Seeing the strange look on his face, Hotaru answered his silent question. "I am immune to this because I was injected with the same snake venom that this was boiled from. Apart from that, the other chemicals added were from various spiders are harmless to me, as I was injected with the DNA of those spiders. I'm the only one in the world who has the formula, so that makes me original, huh?" She patted him on the shoulder, then turned back around and raced for the ladder.

***A month later*** (Come on, you guys, I just typed out the entire 3rd chapter in a day! I'm not going to go into a full out detailed mission until chapter 6 or something! My fingers are tired!)

Hotaru tossed and turned in her sleep. Memories of the last mission kept on haunting her…she let out information and her friends got hurt.

(Dream)

"Don't you ever sleep?" Cried an awed Relena. When she got a cold stare, Time spoke up. "Destruction was injected with genetics of an owl and a bat. She has a tendency to not sleep during the daytime due to her own human genetics, but not to sleep at night due to her animal instincts. Sometimes, though, she's out for two whole days, but we never know when that will happen." Looking skeptically at the violet-eyed assassin, Relena came to the conclusion that Destruction didn't need to eat much, either. "DAMN!" she cursed. Quarte looked slightly afraid of their pacifist leader, due to her loud outburst. "Don't you have any weaknesses?" At that, the other four assassins looked at Destruction…they were wondering the same thing. A light chuckling brought their attention to the door. There stood a white-haired old man. "Hotaru's only weakness is her natural tendency to be very protective of her friends and those close to her. You see, when the other scientists and I injected her with DNA from a female lioness and wolf, we wanted the strength, but we ended up getting her reliability on other people, just like how lionesses hunt. Her second weakness is that she will never be a normal person, assassin or not." At the sound of her father's voice, Hotaru's head snapped up, eyes full of hatred. Despite the handcuffs, she still struggled. True, she wanted to be caught, but with her father in the building, would prove difficult to complete her plan. Sending helpless pleas towards her other tied up friends, Destruction sadly noted that they were in the same predicament as her. Professor T. walked up to Hotaru, but stopped when he felt the cold metal of a gun against his neck.

"Don't touch her." A cold voice commanded. Looking back, he shrugged and pushed Heero's gun away. "Why do you bother protecting an assassin?" he asked. "She has spared my life several times." Was his reply. Sauntering out of the room, Hotaru's father took one last look at the group and then left, letting the door bang shut behind him. Blaze and Time, who were sitting close to her, heard a low, deep, growl erupt from Hotaru's throat. Surprised, they stared at her. "He's right, you know." Came her soft monotonous voice. "I'll never be normal, and I'll never be truly happy. I have no life…my life was created to fit those that created me." Looking sadly at her friend, Bunny spat the carrot out of her mouth and said happily, "At least you don't get hungry!" Instantly, another carrot was thrust into her mouth the minute that she stopped talking. Glaring at Duo, Love said, "That's enough. You know that she hates carrots!" Grinning broadly, Duo replied, "Her code name doesn't say that!" Relena had an evil look in her eyes. "Before we turn you over to the police, I'm going to torture your friends, as no matter what else I do, you won't be hurt." Eyes widening, Hotaru looked at Time and said, "I am so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. I promise to make her pay for whatever she is going to do." Smirking, Relena motioned for the other pilots to take them to the gym. Inside, Hotaru saw a huge tank filled…and it looked more like a swimming pool, only that the sides were clear and made of glass. "Miss Destruction, I will give you twenty minutes to save each of your friends. First, let's put Blaze into the water. Love cringed. Blaze was a major pyro and had a fear of large bodies of water, even small lakes. Being strapped to the bottom of the pool did not seem like good time for Blaze. As soon as the ropes were tied, Relena motioned for her servants to begin filling the tank. Blaze started struggling as the water reached her head, and Hotaru could see her friend suffering and gasping for air. An inhuman rage filled Hotaru, and with her altered strength, she tore apart her handcuffs and dove into the water. The moment that Hotaru entered the water, Relena's servants placed a large, thick, plastic plate over the pool, so that Hotaru would not escape so easily. Hotaru glared at the servants, before swimming towards her chained friend. Hotaru went behind Blaze, and hit her neck, sending her friend into a coma. If her friend wasn't breathing, then her friend couldn't suffocate, Hotaru reasoned. Untying her friend from the bottom, Hotaru swam quickly to the top, her lungs aching for air. As Hotaru's hand hit the plastic, something inside her clicked. Her grip on Blaze softened until it stopped and Blaze fell once more to the bottom of the pool. Time looked in shock, as Hotaru seemed to be having an inner battle with herself. Clawing at her head with her hands, Hotaru tried to stop the pain that her head was causing. Suddenly, the pain stopped and Hotaru floated in the water, curious. Suddenly she could breathe. Then, she remembered the training that the scientists gave her and her gaze hardened. Swimming quickly to the bottom, she pulled her friends to the top. Feeling her teeth grow sharp, Hotaru tore at the plastic, and it ripped, under the pressure of her ultra sharp teeth. Hotaru flipped out of the pool and set Blaze on the floor. Turning around to face Relena, Hotaru let out a growl, one that a lioness would give, and charged at her, intending to rip her head off. A hand shot out and stopped Hotaru, however. "Breathe, Destruction." Advised Time. Slowly walking back to her friend, she lifted up Blaze and began doing compressions on her, so that she would `wake up.'

"It's people like you that keep me from being human." Hotaru coldly said to Relena. Relena then retorted, "I don't know what you're talking about. But, I think that you need to answer a few questions. How can you breathe underwater, and why is it my fault?"

Hotaru softly replied by motioning to the back of her ears. "I have something similar to gills. It is your fault because you are keeping me from being normal. I hate to say it, but it is also my job that is keeping me from being human. When I was 16, I had no need for my special talents, so they faded. For a while I thought I was normal. My eyes stopped seeing in the dark, I started eating and sleeping again. I lost my gills. My teeth grew normal. However, as soon as I started becoming an assassin, the animal instincts came back, this time stronger. I will never be normal, and this is partly your fault."

"I couldn't have said it better myself, Hotaru." Looking at her father, Hotaru spat, "I thought you left." The mad professor chuckled. "I just wanted to see if the animals were still living inside you, is all. This saves me much time, Hotaru. When you come back, we won't have to inject you with those painful needles again."

(End of dream)

Hotaru woke up in a cold sweat. Her father had come back, and he still wanted to continue her training. Thinking of the brainwashing mechanisms that he could use, Hotaru shuddered and pulled her knees up, resting her arms on them. Rolling over her side, Hotaru got up and walked to the room next to her. Sitting next to her sleeping friend, she wondered what had happened. When Hotaru managed to escape with the other assassins, they had rushed home, to give proper treatment to Blaze.

While Hotaru was thinking, somehow, a purple light shot from Hotaru to Blaze, awakening her immediately. Looking at her hands in amazement, Hotaru whispered, "I think I just healed you…"

End!

Sorry for the short chapter! Well…so what did you think? Did I go too off topic with the whole, Hotaru's a mutant thing? Sorry if I'm making her seem invincible…she's not and you will see that in the next chapter…OOPS! I JUST GAVE OUT A SPOILER!!! Teehee…I'm slowly going to add in Sailor Moon stuff, until the 10th chapter where they will get their memories back. Sorry to all Relena lovers…I just needed someone to be evil. ::shruggs::

Nah…I changed my mind, I'm gonna continue! (I wrote that last night, and now it's this morning…so yeah…)

Blaze looked up at Destruction in awe. "You just healed me?" Getting a nod, Blaze added, "I don't suppose this has anything to do with your DNA altering, does it? I mean, this is definitely and inherited power…so what does that make you? A natural mutant? Don't worry, I suppose I am one also." Looking at her strangely, Destruction wondered what Blaze meant. "I have pyrokinesis…I also can't be harmed by fire. Here, let me show you."

Blaze got up and walked over to her fireplace, and placed her hand through the fire. As she brought it out, Destruction noticed that a bit of fired stayed on her hand, and was coming together, forming a small ball. Blaze shrugged and then threw the ball back into the fire.

Hotaru left the room, after promising to keep their natural abilities a secret. As she bumped into Setsuna in the hall, Setsuna asked her, "What are you doing in the hall at 3:02 in the morning?" Curious, Hotaru asked, "How did you know that it was three in the morning?" Shrugging, Setsuna answered, "I dunno, I just know what time it is, that's all." Raising an eyebrow, Hotaru walked past and went back into her room. Opening a file cabinet, she pulled out several folders, and went over the battle strategy for the next few weeks. Everyone was relying on her, she knew…but they didn't know the real mission.

Watching Usagi and Duo flirt with each other during their missions made Hotaru's heart ache. Usagi would never be truly happy if she wasn't with Duo. True, Hotaru had altered the missions so that Usagi and Duo could spend more time together, but they could never truly be together. Making up her mind, Hotaru re-wrote the mission so that it could fit Usagi's hopeless love life.

***Next day*** (In another kitchen…)

"Why is it that whenever we catch your little assassin group, you're always paired up with me?" Duo asked. Usagi didn't know either, but she had a bad feeling that Hotaru was behind this. The reason was that she always happened to be doing her part of the plan where Duo was patrolling. "So, babe, what do you like eating besides for carrots?" Grumbling, Usagi answered, "Ice cream." Perking up, Duo reached for the open refrigerator and took out some chocolate ice cream. "Want some?" he offered, taking two bowls off the table. "Yes, please!" Usagi happily answered. Hotaru was watching them eat ice cream in the ventilation shaft above them. Smirking, she noticed that Duo seemed happier in Usagi's company than with the company of his fellow pilots. When they finished eating, Hotaru poked her head through and said, "Hey Bunny, I'm breaking you out of here. Are you done?" Blushing, Duo scratched his head. "See you later, babe." Hugging him lightly, Bunny whispered, "Thanks for letting me go. I loved the ice cream." The rest of the day, Usagi was in a much happier mood…

Destruction looked sadly at the building in front of her. It seemed that her father always turned up whenever they were captured, but disappeared whenever she escaped. Looking around, she saw that the other assassins were talking. "Something wrong?" she asked, hoping that nothing was. Time and Love had nervous looks on their faces, so Destruction knew something was up. "Spill." She demanded, pretending to be angry, even though she couldn't pull it off. Giggling at Destruction's failed anger, Bunny said, "We were discussing the dream that we all had. It was about nine girls fighting, and a guy in a tux. They all had powers, and in the end, they were killed." Gasping, Destruction recognized the description as her own. "We'll figure this out later. But, for now, let's just get through this mission. Planning to get Love and Quarte together was the next step. While Blaze and Wufei were ignorant and stubborn about the obvious attraction, Love and Quarte were not. "Am I doing the right thing?" she softly asked herself. True, they were happy whenever they were together, but was she unintentionally hurting them in the future? They could never be together, and it might tear them apart. Shaking her head, she entered the building, reasoning that if her friends were hurt, then she would take the blame.

"Time, what is our current status?" Minako asked. "The time is 5:38 and 47 seconds." Setsuna said, unconsciously. Setsuna's ability was by now very well known and she was most helpful to Destruction during the missions that required perfect timing. As they entered a hall, several officers appeared and started shooting them. Getting ticked off, Blaze held out her hand and immediately her hand erupted into flames, and she threw the fire at the soldiers, making a clear pathway to their destination. As they ran ahead, Destruction noticed that Love was dragging behind. "What's the matter?" she quietly asked. When Love pointed to her leg, Destruction saw the blood that the bullet caused. Pausing to stop, Destruction quickly pulled the bullet out and healed the wound, but left a little bit left. "Quarte can kiss what's left of it and make it all better," she teased.

They ran into the ballroom and were surprised when the door closed behind them. Destruction felt something move in the walls. "Walk towards the middle of the room, stay away from the walls." She commanded. As she watched her friends watching behind their back, protecting each other, Hotaru felt something pulse inside of her. Something was going to hurt her friends…and no one hurt her friends and got away with it. Hotaru smelled something, and her tongue began to change without her will. Time watched in wonder as Destruction's forked tongue flickered in and out, tasting the air. Destruction quickly said, "Hold your breath, it's sleeping gas." Searching for a way out, Hotaru walked along the walls and searching through the smoke. To her horror, when she got back to her friends, they had already passed out. Looking up, she noticed a cage start to come down from the ceiling. Picking up her friends one at a time, she moved them towards the walls, so that they would be hidden by the smoke. Before she could carry Bunny off to safety, the cage fell on top of her, trapping bunny and herself.

***In the room on the balcony, overlooking the ballroom***

"BUNNY!" Duo cried. Placing a hand on the frantic pilot, Quarte said, "They are assassins…and they have to be caught before more lives are taken. I'm sorry."

"I'm letting the blonde one go…but I'm taking my daughter." Snapping his head towards the doctor, Heero coldly replied, "You'll do nothing of the sort." Relena looked like she was about to burst into tears. "Don't you care about me, hee-chan?" Throwing up inside, Heero looked away from his charge. "She could have killed me many times before, but she choose not to. She could have left me to be blind and unable to eat, but she chose to warn me. She could have left me to stand in a poison-filled room, but she led me to sit comfortably on a bed. I don't appreciate it when she is tortured." Pretending to understand, Dr. T nodded. Then, an evil grin filled his face. "Too bad. She's my daughter, and she needs to be punished for killing."

Walking out of the room, he added, "I don't want a boy like you to get involved with my daughter. Stay away from her."

Heero's POV (If these seem screwed up, SORRY! I don't know what to write here!)

"I'm such a fool for thinking that we could have been together…an assassin and a gundam pilot. I was such a fool for thinking that I was in love…it doesn't really exist. It's just another obstacle in my mission…I guess I failed. I thought that I was perfect…"

Quarte's POV

"Heero seems so crushed…I wonder…does he care that much for Destruction? Will Love and I turn out the same way?"

Duo's POV

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Heero has a little crushie on a deadly assassin…but, then again, so do I…"

Wufei's POV

"Stupid Heero loves a stupid weak woman. Hmph. True, I look out for Blaze, but that doesn't make me weak…does it?

Trowa's POV

"So, even the strongest fall in the pit of love…"(he's such a philosopher, lol)

(A/N: That really was crappy! AHHHHHHHHHH! Don't worry, just keep reading, it gets better.)

***At the lab***

The tank was filled with yellow liquid. Hotaru was floating inside with cables stuck all over her. Many scientists were holding clipboards going through the checklist. (Instead of saying scientist #1, let's use A, B, C, D…and so on)

"Her body is functioning normally and there is no sign of physical fatigue." Said A, putting his clipboard on the table. B looked at the charts and said, "Her brain is functioning normally and there is no sign of mental fatigue." Her father chucked at the good news. "What about the animals?" he asked. A man holding a list read out, "She still has the wolf, lioness, spider, snake, owl, bat, cheetah, rabbit, fish, eagle, bear, and cat." D said, "She lost the dolphin, koala (lol), panther, tiger, the entire amphibian family, the entire canine family except the wolf, and most of the insects." "THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!" yelled the professor, while kicking a chair over. "SHE NEEDS EVERYTHING!" sighing and rubbing his temples, the professor explained, "I have something big planned, and she needs everything. Contact the animal master and get the DNA altered now."

***At the mansion***

"Well girls, its back to us again…so, what do we do now?" Time asked. Bunny smiled and pointed to the game cube. "Now is no time for games, meatball head! We need to figure out a way to get Destruction back!" scolded Blaze. Love asked, "How did we get here anyway?" Time pointed to the note on the table, and the other three girls ran to read it.

"Dear Bunny, Love, Blaze, and Time, it's a mega-bummer about what happened to your friend. You were lucky cause we convinced Relena to let you guys go. Heero had to threaten her with his gun, it was pretty funny…yeah so anyway, we found the address to your place from a scrap of paper in Time's purse. Did you know she has CHOCOLATE in there? Aww, don't worry, I didn't take any. We're going to go on a rescue mission to save your friend tomorrow. You can come if you want to. Quarte said that it would be a pleasure. The details are that we discovered that Professor T. is some psychopath and he wants to rule the world using his daughter as a weapon. I guess we're on the same side now, huh? The original mission was to kill the threat, the threat being Destruction, but you should have seen the fit that Heero threw! We ended up deciding to kill the Dr. instead. Meet us at the hotel at 12 for some lunch. Talk to you later, babes. ~Duo"

***The next day***

Setsuna, Rei, Usagi, and Minako stood at the entrance of the classy hotel. They recognized the building from one of their earlier hits, when they assassinated the peace leader staying there. A group of boys that were walking towards them caught their attention. "Duo! Over here!" Cried Usagi, waving hands in the air. From the distance, they could see Duo literally jump for joy as he ran towards them.

As they went over the details, Setsuna immediately realized that it would take months before the operation could take place. Thinking quickly, she wrote out possible locations for the old colony. She saw Trowa doing the same, so they joined their lists. "By the way, my real name is Setsuna Meiou." Trowa shook hands with her, and resumed working.

"So, Love, would you like something to drink?" Asked the ever so polite Quarte. Giggling at his manners, Minako replied, "Yes, please. My name is Minako Aino, but you can just call me Minako!"

"What's your name you weak woman? Can you even speak?" taunted Wufei. Rei glared at him and held out her hand. "My name is Rei Hino." As they shook hands, Rei's eyes gleamed as her hand began to sprout fire. Wufei immediately withdrew his hand and was shaking it out, trying to cool it off. Rei smirked.

***1 month later***

"What is her status?" Inquired Dr. T. C looked at the sleeping girl and said, "All the injections are completed. She has shown activity in all places." Looking at his daughter, he laughed at the sight she made. She had gills, owl eyes, a thin pair of wings, claws on her feet, a forked tongue, cat ears, a slight snout of panther, and glowed a slight gold color due to the firefly injections. True, she would scare off a normal person, but her appearance would resume to that of a human when he put the serum in her system. The scientists were thinking that they were done with the girl, so they started packing up all the supplies. "What are you doing?" asked Dr. T. "We're just getting started. My next goal is very simple. She will need the full DNA strands of all the instruments…I need her to become the animal, and then quickly be able to revert back to her normal form." Staring at him weirdly, the scientists dropped whatever they were doing. Only one dared to question. "That's not physically possible. Asking for that ability is like asking for the ability to morph into an animal. It's not possible! You're pushing her too hard!" A quick flick of the wrist, and the girl was awakened. "Hotaru." Dr. T commanded. "Hotaru, you will learn to become the animal that I ask of you." Hotaru nodded and answered, "Understood." He commanded for her to become human, and she did so. Her wings folded and merged back into her body, and all the other abnormalities disappeared, leaving the girl looking like a normal girl. Staring at her in shock, the other scientists looked at each other. "Become a lioness." He commanded. She nodded and got on all fours. Her eyes went blank and suddenly fur began to grow. A tail sprouted, and her eyes began to change colors. Her face pulled outwards as it changed into the sharp profile of the female lion. In two minutes, a full-grown lioness stood there.

Backing slightly towards the door, the scientists started edging away from the lioness. "How is that possible?" they asked each other. A small chuckle erupted from the professor's mouth. "With slightly altered DNA, my friends. This is what I want to accomplish. I want her to be able to change into any animal at will, and with her power I will rule the universe!" Stepping forward, a doctor proclaimed, "You are evil! I myself have a daughter, and I would never let something like this happen to her. Didn't you ever ask her if she wanted to do this? Don't you care about her at all?" The lioness walked up to him and sat down. To his surprise, a female, human, monotonous voice answered. "I was not brought up to give in to my emotions. What I want does not matter. I was chosen to take the place of a tame lioness. I should be honored that I was chosen." Staring at the professor in shock, the man yelled out, "YOU DISGUST ME! This is your daughter and you brainwashed her? Whatever happened to her memories?" The professor sighed. "Goodbye." The man turned around as he ran out the door. Making a mental note to visit Earth, he stopped by his home. When he reached there, he pulled his daughter and son into a warm hug. "Daddy loves you." He said.

***9 months later***(By now the scientist found the assassins and pilots)

The pilots and assassins sat at a round table, listening to a balding man speak. "I know where she is. I worked with her father. It was horrible what he did. He placed a memory device on her and it wiped out her memories. From there, she was given special emotional training. I haven't seen her smile. Dr. T said that he was going to use her as a weapon to take over the world. I have a daughter, and I know how it feels to be a father…it feels good. I don't understand why Dr. T is letting this happen to his daughter. What is even worse is that he brainwashed her and made her believe that she was an orphan. Here are the locations of the colony. Please save her." The man said, pulling out many documents. The man stepped out of the room and Heero reached for the papers. Standing up, he looked up at the others and said, "Mission accepted."

***At the colony***

"Now, Hotaru, I am putting you in this cage. You are to stay here until I call for you. Here is your dinner." Dr. T announced, throwing a chunk of raw meat at her. Walking over to it, she crouched and the next instant a tiger was gnawing at the cold steak. With her hearing, she heard someone open the door. Getting up, she turned into a snake and tasted the air. Frowning, or as much as a snake can frown, she discovered it to be an intruder. Making up her mind, she turned back into a tiger. If someone was going to harm her, she wanted to be able to defend herself. Walking close to the bars, her amber eyes bore into the man's head.

Heero felt eyes on him, and saw a tiger. "Strange." He thought. "Why would they have a tiger?" At the sound of footsteps, he hid in the shadows. Dr. T and a bunch of other scientists entered. Releasing the tiger, they led her to a ring. Making it stay in the middle, a light went on and doctors sat around it, each ready to make notes. "Ready?" the doctor asked. Nodding her head, the tiger faced the other scientists. "Now, we will play the alphabet game. When I snap my fingers, you will turn into the animal that the scientists command you. No resisting. If you cause trouble, we will have to put you to sleep…"

Knitting his brows together, Heero leaned forward, curious as to what the doctor meant. Soon, the `game' began. "Amphibian." The doctor commanded, while snapping his fingers. Heero's eyes widened as he saw a quick transformation between a tiger and a frog. "Must be some kind of robot," he reasoned. "Bear." "Snap." Where the frog once stood, a bear now towered over the doctors. Soon, the speed picked up. "Cheetah." "Snap." "Dog." "Snap." "Eagle." "Snap." "Falcon." "Snap." Heero watched as the `robot' changed shape. "Enough. Now we will test your reaction skills. I saw an animal, you turn into it. We will be timing you."

Hotaru pushed her thoughts to the back of her head and focused on her assignment. The first animal was easy, that being a lioness, as that was her first form. Then, the commands became faster, confusing her. Shaking her head, she decided that she wasn't going to mess up. "Wolf." "Spider." "Snake." "Owl." "Bat." "Rabbit." "Cat." "Koala." "Firefly." The doctor paused while the firefly hovered in the air. Thinking of a way to trick her, he said the thing that she least expected. "Human."

Heero saw that the girl paused, but then make up her mind. Flying down, the insect began to grow in size. Surprise washed upon him as he recognized the human figure. It was Hotaru Tomoe. "What happened to her?" he thought. As the scientists concluded the testing for that day, his anger burned as she was shoved into the cage and locked. Noticing the meat on the ground, Heero's eyes hardened their glare on Dr. T, even though he couldn't see it. The closed, and then locked, making it clear that they had left. Immediately, the girl turned back into a lioness and resumed eating her steak. True, her senses still detected a human in the shadows, but as long as he didn't bother her, she didn't mind. She was used to being spied on. As she finished, she walked to a corner and curled up, trying to get some sleep. Heero chose this minute to approach. After walking as close as he could, he whispered, "Hotaru?" Waking up from her two minutes nap, Hotaru eyed the human approaching her.

Sitting up, she asked, "Who are you?" Surprised that the lioness could talk, Heero asked, "You don't recognize me? I'm Heero Yuy!" The lioness changed back into a human, then replied, "Am I supposed to know you? What are you doing here?" Reaching through the bars, Heero took her right hand, and held it, saying, "I'm getting you out of this hell-hole…and I suppose you should know me. We talked a lot during the past missions, and…I don't know…I always felt as if you liked me, and I felt the same way. Listen, I'll talk more, but let's get out of here before they get back!" he urged. Shaking her head, Hotaru said, "I am forbidden to leave this cage. I was chosen by the doctor to help him gain power and control. I am very vital to his plan, and to leave would also disobey his orders. Besides, I would have no where to go, and nothing to eat." Looking in disbelief at the girl, he wondered what they had done to her, besides the obvious. "Hotaru," he said softly, "you have a home with your friends, and you are also very wealthy. If you will come with me, you won't have to see the doctors anymore. We'll help you remember us." He whispered. Looking around her empty cage, and then into Heero's pleading eyes, Hotaru withdrew her hand from his grasp. The next instant, a firefly was hovering in the air. "Lead the way." It spoke in his head. Letting a small smile escape his normal cold face, he ran towards the door, then held it open for Hotaru to fly out. When they got back to his gundam, she flew up with him and landed inside the cockpit. He flew his gundam into space, and then turned it around, facing the lab. Smirking, he pressed the a button, signaling for the explosives to blow up, and flew away. The next minute, however, the firefly transformed back to Hotaru, and then she was shaking. Looking up at her strangely, Heero placed a hand on her shoulder, as if to comfort her, and then his hand made his way to the back of her neck. Feeling something there, he pulled off a small round white disk and immediately the shaking stopped. As Hotaru fainted, Heero caught her. Having no where else to place her, he pulled her into his lap and flew off to Earth, where he would meet the others.

Duo and Usagi were talking, but stopped when Quarte called for everyone's attention. "Ladies and friends, I hate to be the wet rag at the bonfire, but what I say is true. The moment that Hotaru gets back, we are no longer working together…we'll be on opposite sides again. I don't plan on seeing any of you ever again, unless you continue killing off leaders of the world. My hope is that you won't, at least then each of us could have a normal chance at a relationship. Before we say goodbye, however, it has been a pleasure meeting and getting to know all you pleasant ladies." After sitting down, Minako walked over to Quarte and started massaging his back. "You're worried, aren't you?" Quarte turned around. "About what?" he cheerfully asked. Minako raised an eyebrow. "You're worried that we wouldn't be able to talk again, and to eat Lunch together, aren't you?" Sighing, Quarte nodded. Minako walked around and lightly hugged him. "I won't forget you."

Heero pushed open the door and noticed that everyone was in the living room. Silently carrying Hotaru to the couch, he gently laid her on it and put a pillow under her head. Before he was bombarded with questions, he pulled out the small disk. "What is this?" he demanded. Bunny looked at it and gasped. Instantly all eyes were on her. Smiling a nervous smile, she gulped. "Uh…that's a memory suppresser. Hotaru used to make those for the missions. When I asked her how she knew how to make them, she said that when she was little, she saw them all the time she just mimicked the building of them. If that was on Hotaru, then she won't remember who we are…" Frowning, Heero confessed, "When I got her, she didn't know who I was. She was also saying all this crap about how she was trained to become a weapon used for world domination."

"Oh no…" Setsuna whispered.

END (For now)

This is by far over, I have officially decided to continue. This story will be about eleven chapters, and will be done before January 8, when school starts again…so be happy! So, to recap everything that has happened, Hotaru has amnesia…next chapter's gonna be cool cause there's gonna be a concert! Also, expect Luna and Artemis to appear as well. Ummm…The Silver Millennium memories will return, but I'm not sure about the 19th century ones. Well, thanks to all the loyal readers! I'll add all the reviewer's thanks in the next chapter! BYE NOW!