Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Love in All the Wrong Places ❯ The Phony Dad ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All standard disclaimers apply.

*****************************Chapter Four*******************************

They walked toward Dan's car, holding hands.

"Are you going to RaVe tonight?" Daniel asked her.

"I'm grounded. My dad won't let me go anywhere." She hated to lie to him, but she didn't want to flat out say no. Mina didn't feel like partying tonight.

"That's okay." Dan tried to hide the dissapointment in his voice. "I'll give you a ride home."

"Um… I promised to meet Britt at her house."

"I thought you were grounded."

"Study time." She smiled uneasily

Dan cocked an eyebrow but went with it. "Okay I'll give you a ride anyway."

An hour later, Mina sat at the table eating dinner with Britt.

Britt glanced at the clock. "We better get ready if were going to the club tonight."

"I'm not going," Mina said and she tried her best to fake sick. "I don't feel well."

"Yeah right." Britt chuckled. " You're a really bad actress Mina."

" Okay so what? I don't feel like going."

"It'll be fun."

"No."

"Please?" Britt put on her puppy dog eyes.

"Why?"

"Because you're the best dance partner I have and I want to properly introduce you to Trowa and his friends."

"No."

"Pleeeeeeeeeeease?"

Mina closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. "All right… all right. I'll go."

Mina and Britt strutted up to the line of teens waiting to go inside the club.

Mina recognized some of the people and waved. The fast beat of the music thumped through the walls and undulated around them, making them move their heads with the beat, but other things made Mina's heart jitter. She looked around, hoping to see Daniel.

"Scope it out," Britt nodded in Trowa's direction. "Have you ever seen a hotter hottie?" Mina studied the four guys that walked beside him. They were all really good looking but the burnette, with short hair, seemed bored and the Chinese guy looked really pissed off.

A sultry smile crossed Britt's lips as Trowa greeted them. Britt introduced them as Heero, Duo, Quatre, Wufei, and Trowa.

Mina breathed on her hands, hoping to warm them. She couldn't stop fidgeting. "Do you see him?"

Britt shook her head. "You've got it bad."

"I can't believe I'm so nervouse." Mina took in a deep breath.

"Calm down." Britt smiled at her.

"Maybe he's inside already." Mina stepped forward.

At the door they opened their purses for security. A security guard with a gold tooth smiled at them and waved them inside to the cashier.

Britt wore a blue mini with matching eye shadow and Mina wore a slinky one-shoulder black dress with a plunging neckline and a spiked belt hung low on her waist.

Trowa covered all of the expenses and they walked into the large interior that had once been a ballroom. The pulse of the music made the floor vibrate as machines on either side of the stage released mist into the room. The vapors caught the light show. Blue and red lasers pierced the air in time to the punk-rock beat. They walked around the crowded dance floor. The music stopped and the deejay ran back and forth across the stage.

"Come on raise the roof!" he shouted into the microphone. "Throw your hands up! Come on! Raise the roof!"

Kids stopped dancing and lifted their hands to the ceiling in time to his cadence. He built the energy high and then let industrial music pump against the wall. The music took over and everyone started dancing. Mina, Britt, and the pilots stood on the edge of the floor. One girl walked up to Heero and asked him to dance with her but he wouldn't.

Britt tried to get Trowa to dance with her, but he wouldn't.

"Loser," Mina whispered under her breath.

She watched Britt pleading for Trowa to dance. Duo asked her to dance but she refused and then he asked Mina and she took the offer, while scanning the crowd for Daniel.

He put his hands on mina's hips and they started dancing, bodies flowing with the music, hips swaying. Duo danced slow and sensual next to her. His jeans rubbed against her bare legs, and her pulled her closer, until their breath mingled.

They moved over to the canteen where a big guy with a buzz cut sold soft drinks and pretzels. Duo put two dollars down for two Pepsi's.

"You're a good dancer," Duo shouted above the music.

But Mina wasn't paying any attention. She looked around for Daniel. Duo snapped his fingers in front of her face and handed her the Pepsi.

"Looking for your boyfriend?" He took a sip.

"Yeah."

They walked to the table where everyone else was.

The deejay put on a faster beat and threw glow sticks into the crowd of kids. Mina saw Dan, sitting at a table with Cyndi, Jeremy, and Micheal. He didn't look happy at all. Mina strutted over to them.

"Hi." She smiled brightly at him.

"You told me you weren't coming," He said, his hurt and confusion barely concealed in his tight smile.

"I wasn't planning on it but…" her voice trailed off.

Daniel looked at Mina, then glanced at Duo. "I saw you two dancing. You could have just told me the truth."

"I did tell you the truth." Mina felt desperate. "Things just happened."

"Why shouldn't she party?" Cyndi added defensively. "It was just one dance."

Daniel glanced at Cyndi then back at Mina. "I guess I can see what happened." He motioned with his head toward Duo, then he turned and walked away.

"Daniel!" She ran after him.

He stopped and the look on his face made fear cut through her like a jagged blade.

"I didn't mean to come here tonight. I was going to stay home, but then Britt…"

"Britt cam by with Duo and the others," he said grimly. "Have fun Mina."

A fierce pain spread through her as she watched him disappear in the crowd, but she didn't run after him this time. How could he think she had come here to be with Duo?

Mina could feel hot tears forming in her eyes. She begged god that she wouldn't cry here, but the tears were already falling. She went toward Britt, her head low, still trying to stop the tears.

She picked up her purse from the ground and whispered in her ear, " See you at your house." Her voice was shaky. Mina walked toward the entrance.

"Mina wait up!" Britt called after her. She stopped her. "What happened?"

Mina didn't want to say it; if she did she knew she would ball like a baby. Mina glanced back at Trowa and the others, they were all watching. If she cried now, everyone would see.

"Nothing."

"Come on." Britt said in a soothing voice. She began to steer Mina back toward the table.

Just then, two uniformed officers stepped onto the stage.

The deejay stopped the music and spoke into the microphone, "Is there a Minako Aino in the house?"

Duo laughed at her. "What did you do?"

Mina's tears stopped and now she panicked. Why did the cops want her?

The deejay spoke again, "Minako Aino?"

"Over there!" A kid from her school pointed at her.

The policemen began walking toward her.

"Shit," she said as she made a run for it. She pushed past kids around her. The cops chased after her. Britt ran after her and the pilots followed.

Once outside she saw Mina pressed against a cop car being handcuffed. Britt approached her. "Mina, what did you do?"

"See you soon," She said as the policeman pushed her into the car.

They drove her to her house and she got out of the car. Her dad rushed to her and embraced her, while thanking the officers and shedding a few tears. He told Mina sweet nothing about how much he had missed her. She could smell beer and cheap cologne as he kissed her forehead.

He thanked the officers again and steered her into the house. He slammed the door behind them and pushed her up the stairs.

"You're a good actor," Mina said as she went into her room and locked the door.

He cussed at her and yelled from behind the door.

"They know something." Heero said as he sat on the couch in their apartment.

"Perhaps we should just ask them," Quatre suggested.

Duo chuckled. "Yeah we'll just walk up to them and say, did you know by any chance that we were Gundam Pilots?"

Quatre looked at the floor.

"They're just weak onnas." Wufei commented. "We'll just intimidate them into telling us what we want to know."

"Stupid suggestion. Then they'll definetly suspect something." Trowa added.

Everyone was surprised by this comment.

"Why don't one of us disguise ourselves and go intimidate them?" Quatre said.

The room went quiet, it was a good idea… but who would go?

Monday morning Mina and Britt stood in line waiting to go through the metal detectors. The high school had just banned backpacks and messenger bags to stop kids from smuggling drugs and guns onto campus.

Security guards asked guys in bagged-out sweatshirts and jeans to lift their tops.

"Do they really think that if a guy is strapping he's going to hide it the gun in his waist band? Get real." Mina sniffed contemptuously. She wore black shorts and a blue tank top that almost matched the color of her eyes.

"Pretty smart for a weak onna." Wufei said as he approached them with the other pilots.

"Hey did you guys hear what happened last night? It's all over television." Britt sipped her hot chocolate.

"Depends on the topic." Trowa said.

"The news says that OZ has built a new base just outside of town somewhere in the desert." Britt took another sip.

"Ooh how interesting." Mina rolled her eyes.

"It is." Britt playfully hit Mina. "They can blow us up any minute."

"Hun, if they blew us up, then they would be blowing themselves up since they're just outside of town. Well… I guess if they only blew up downtown it wouldn't hit them but we wouldn't be dead since were in uptown." Mina smiled at her brilliance.

"You're so stupid." Britt tossed her empty coffee cup away. "What if it's a suicide act?"

"Then their the ones who are stupid because then the Gundam Pilots can easily whoop their asses." Mina's smiled widened.

"Bet I can whoop your ass." Britt stepped up to Mina.

"You wish."

"Ladies, ladies," Jeremy came toward them. "I know you both love me but that's no reason to kick ass over it. Now how about you guys French kiss and make up?" He chuckled.

"Shut up!" Mina hit him hard across the arm.

"Ow."

"Hey what happened the other night with the cops?" Duo let out a snicker.

"Fuck you." Mina gave him the middle finger.

"Whoa, calm down, I just wanted to know what happened."

"They took me home."

Duo cocked an eyebrow. "That's it?"

Britt explained further. "She ran away. Her dad is an ass so she stayed at my place for a week or so."

"Oooh." Duo teased.

"He did you guys hear about the bomb threats from OZ?" Jeremy said.

"Here we go again…" Mina rolled her eyes.

"No this is really important." Britt turned serious. "If the Gundam Pilots don't stop them we can all die."

"The have a base right outside of town. I doubt their going to attack." Mina sighed.

"I think we should go kick their ass." Jeremy held up his coffee as if it were a sowrd.

"Yeah we'll just go in empty handed and kick their butts. Get real you guys… we would need to hijack some mobile suit thingys." Mina stepped through the metal detectors.

"Or we can just get the Gundam Pilots to help." Britt smiled at her brilliant idea.

Mina laughed. "Yeah, we'll just look in the phone book under Gundams and there it will magically be… the phone number of one of the Gundams."

"You're too sarcastic sometimes."

"Okay let's be realistic… We are all gonna die." Mina grabbed her purse from the guard.

"Go back to being sarcastic." Britt's hopes dimmed a little when Mina said that.

"All right…" She paused for a moment, thinking of something stupid. " We'll grab some picket signs that say `Help us Gundam Pilots!' and then we'll be on t.v and they'll see it."

Britt stopped walking and Jeremy bumped into her from behind. "That's it!"

"What?" Mina asked.

"We'll do what you just said." A smile crossed Britt's face.

"Britt, I love you… but you've gone insane." Mina patted her on the back.

"No really!! If it gets on t.v they'll see it!"

Mina was starting to get annoyed. "Woman!! I doubt the pilots even watch t.v or listen to the radio or anything else normal people do!"

"What makes you say that?" Duo cut in on the conversation. "We do ev-"

Quatre nudged him and Duo shut up. The group glared at him. The suspision grew once again in Mina's mind.

"What were you saying Duo?" Britt asked him.

"Nothing."

The all sat at one of the stone tables. Britt was eating the muffin Trowa had bought her.

"So are you two going out yet?" Mina said as she searched her purse for her lip gloss.

Britt cocked an eyebrow ad gave her a warning eye.

"Who?" Quatre inquired.

Britt took a sip of her orange juice.

"Trowa and Britt." Mina said.

Britt choked on the juice, surprised, and spat it out all over Mina's clothes. Everyone went quiet.

"I'm just gonna pretend that didn't happen." Mina tried to control her anger. She grabbed Quatre's coffee and spilled it all over Britt, but mostly the face.

Britt laughed. "I can't believe you just did that!" She tore up her muffin and threw it a at Mina. Mina ducked but lost her balance and fell onto the concrete from all of the laughing.

"You look like a liquid poop monster!" Mina managed to say.

"Ms. Foster and Ms. Aino!" Mr. Fleharty shouted at them. "I've never seen such miss behavior!" He pulled Mina to her feet.

"Oh come on, Mr. Fleharty." Mina grabbed the Pepsi Duo was drinking. "It's all about the fun." She poured the drink all over his suit. His skin turned crimson red. Britt was no longer laughing but Mina sure as Hell was having a good time.

An hour later the two girls and the Gundam Pilots sat in the office.

The pilots didn't get in trouble but the girls received a months worth of Saturday school and detention.

"I can't believe you spilt Pepsi on the vice principal…" Britt slunk in her chair, ashamed.

"Did you see the look on his face?" Mina chuckled.

"They should expel you…" Quatre whispered, but Mina heard him loud and clear.

"Hey, rich boy," Mina glared at him. " Just because you have all the money doesn't mean you get all the fun."

Quatre looked at the floor. They waited for their parents but Mina didn't know why she was waiting, her dad would never come. A teacher waited with them to make sure they didn't leave without their parents. The Gundam Pilots didn't know howthey would get out either. Britts mom was running late and they waited impatiently for the teacher to have to go to the bathroom or something.

"Mina…" Britt's breath caught in her throat. "isn't that your Dad?"

Mina's father stepped through the door, saw the teacher and put on his act.

"Mina." Her father actually looked worried. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Mina flipped him off.

"Mina, don't treat your father like that." The teacher scolded her. "Mr. Aino. Will you please watch these children while I go to the restroom?"

"Of course." Mr. Aino smiled as she walked out of the room. His act stopped and he glared at Mina. His hand shot out fast and gripped her arm tight.

"You're cutting off my circulation." Mina told him boldly. His teeth were tightly clenched together and he squeezed her arm tighter.

"Listen to me you little bitch," he said, "If I ever have to stop my work to come pick your lazy ass up I'll-"

"Don't you mean get up off your lazy ass to come pick me up? Your unemployed. Remember?" Mina tried to escape his grasp but he was to strong. He raised his arm to hit her.

"Well now." The teacher walked in as Mr. Aino released her. "You can go on your way."

"Thank you." Mr. Aino put on his fake smile and steered Mina to the car.

"Yeah he's a big asshole." Duo watched them through the window.

"It's so sad." Quatre quietly commented.

Britt let out a long sigh.

So? What do you think? You have to post a review or e-mail me if you want another chapter. And if you hate it you can tell me that to… I don't care… just as long as I get some feed back.

~Alicia_Rose