Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing Rewritten ❯ The Fall of the Sanc Kingdom ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yo! Back with a new chapter!

Thanks for all the lovely reviews!!! They were really appreciated.

Sorry this is coming out so late. School was hella annoying. Now that school's out, I'll be writing...!

*gasp* I'm in Gundam Wing book 3 already!!!! *wails* I'm almost done with this story!!!!!!

SailorAekuNataku: Konnichi wa. I'm really sorry if you've been offended by some of the tormenting of the G-Wing pilots, especially Fei, but it's stopped now... except for torturing Heero... you see, he's sorta my brother, because of one of my missions... it's kind of complicated. I totally understand you're antipathy about being mean to Wufei... if you read my profile that will be out soon under the pen-name Divinity, you'll understand what I'm talking about. But thanks for reviewing and telling me what you thought about my fic!

Ane-chan's still my editor!!!!!

**************************************************************** *************************************************

Chapter 9

The first thing Duo did when he got to Sanc was demand for Serenity.

"Duo?! Is that you yelling?" Noin asked.

"Where's Sere-chan?!?!" Duo inquired.

"Hn," was the extremely stiff reply.

Duo sweatdropped. "Which means...?"

"What Heero means is she left with Relena for a meeting in Romefeller," Noin explained cautiously. If Heero hadn't taken the news that well, who knows what Usagi's brother would do.

"SHE WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" Duo exclaimed.

"Hai," Heero said emotionlessly. Inwardly, he felt just as agitated about Usagi's decision to go into Romefeller.

"I'm gonna kill that girl when she gets back!!!!!" Duo ranted.

"Eh-heh-heh... Calm down Duo," Quatre said, trying to soothe Duo. (Tenshi-chan: Keyword: Trying) (Meio-chan: *snickers* Older siblings are always hard to calm down. ^_~) (Angel-chan: Me know by experience.) (Meio-chan: Sure...) (Tenshi-chan: *shrugs* Ne-chan, be glad I haven't done anything...yet.)

"Where's Twilight?" Duo suddenly asked in a much more tranquil manner.

"Huh? It's still here..." Noin answered, waving her hand in the relative direction.

"Great! Sere wouldn't mind if I took a little peek in it..." Duo trailed off, already at the foot of the Gundam. He grabbed the cord and was lifted up. 'Zechs better not be right about the Zero System...' he thought darkly.

"Hn. Duo shouldn't have gone into Twilight," Heero said monotonously.

"Why not...?" Quatre started asking, but was cut off.

Duo's scream pierced the air as he leapt from Twilight's cockpit. "Let's go and invade Romefeller NOW!!!!! I wanna talk to that...that little sister of mine!!!" He stomped off, heading towards Deathscythe Hell. (Meio-chan: *snickers* I so knew that this was coming...)

Wufei grabbed The Braid before the enraged brother could do any damage.

Quatre and Noin stared at him puzzledly. "Wha...?"

"Hn. Zero in Twilight," Heero simply said. For such few words, he got quite a reaction.

"SHE HAS THE ZERO SYSTEM IN TWILIGHT?!?!?!?!?!" Came the outburst from Quatre, Wufei, and Noin.

"Why...?" Quatre kept on asking himself. "How...? But she must know...!"

"..." Trowa really had no opinion; he still hadn't received his memories(he didn't remember who Usagi/Serenity was). (Tenshi-chan: Heh-heh-heh-heh...*sweatdrop*) He just knew that Usagi wasn't supposed to have the Zero System in her gundam, according to Duo, that is.

"Can she use it...?" Noin wondered. "How did she get Zero System in it in the first place?"

"Since when could that weak onna use the Zero System?!?!?! If Quatre went crazy in it, what will that baka onna do?!?!" (Tenshi-chan: Please tell me you know who this is!!!! If you don't, email me and we're gonna have some serious talks...)

If Duo wasn't so upset about Usagi, he would have landed a nice sunrise (black eye) on Wufei for those sexist comments. (Tenshi-chan: Reference to Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce--- really good author) (Meio-chan: I'd laugh if he actually caught Wufei off guard.) (Tenshi-chan: Hey! Have a bit of faith in an over-protective brother!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

ROMEFELLER...

"Duke Dermail, the representative of the Sanc Kingdom has arrived at the airport," a soldier reported, saluting.

"Good. Show her to the conference room. Treat her with courtesy," Dermail ordered. "She's a V.I.P. for the Romefeller's future. Soon, she'll also be...

~*~

Outside...

Relena stepped down from the plane, followed by Pagen. Usagi followed, eyeing her surroundings carefully.

~*~

"...a poor homeless princess. Relena Peacecraft."

~*~

In the conference room...

"Welcome to the Romefeller Foundation, Princess Relena," Dermail greeted. "And Miss..."

Relena made to say "Usagi," but Usagi cut her off.

"Serenity. Serenity Maxwell."

Dermail eyed her carefully, assessing how much trouble the unexpected visitor may cause. (Tenshi-chan: More than you could ever imagine, Dermail...)

Relena sat back in her chair.

Usagi didn't like the look of deadly seriousness on Relena's face.

"Let me get straight to the point," Relena started. "What is it that Romefeller wants?"

"Come now, that's harsh," Dermail objected, feigning hurt. "We seek to create order...out of the chaos that exists today."

"Do you honestly expect every nation to comply?" Usagi asked stiffly.

"Of course!!" Dermail asserted. "The space colonies are there to provide labor and resources to Earth!"

"That kind of thinking produced Gundam!" Relena's voice cut in harsh and clear. She noticed Usagi's hands balled so tightly into fists that her knuckles were white. "The hope for freedom from oppression produced Gundam...and the youth who are not afraid to die for it," Relena continued, thinking about the 6 pilots: Trowa, Quatre, Wufei, Duo, Usagi, and Heero.

"That's right. That's why we'll crush Gundam," Dermail said with a sly grin. "We're going to wipe out all the Gundam...if we haven't already."

"NANI?!?!?!" Usagi asked, standing up, her hands slamming onto the table. Relena's eyes widened.

"I see you understand, Princess Relena, Serenity Maxwell. The operation to destroy Gundam has begun!" (Meio-chan: Ano konoyaro.)

"..."

"..." 'Of course he would notice I had the same last name as a Gundam pilot...' Usagi thought.

"First target: the leader of the enemy alliance...the Sanc Kingdom!!!"

'Gundam and my kingdom are under attack?!?!' Relena thought, devastated. 'Heero!!!'

"Kisama!" Usagi cursed under her breathe. 'The moment I leave, they might need me! Duo-anichan! Heero-kun! All five of them will be there! Kuso! Why now!?' (Meio-chan: Usa's got a dirty mouth.) (Tenshi-chan: Maybe I ought to up the rating to R...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

SANC KINGDOM

Scores and scores of MD were lining up...

"Wow! Looks like they're serious!" Duo exclaimed.

"I've never seen so many MD.," Trowa commented.

"What will we do, Captain Noin? If you're smart, you'll get the hell outta here," Duo told her. (Meio-chan: ^_^)

"Neither Relena nor Usagi are here," Quatre said, worried. "But is that a good thing, or a bad thing?"

"If this pacifist kingdom is destroyed, the anti-Romefeller forces will fall apart," Noin stated.

"So what's stopping you?! We must fight!" Wufei alleged.

"He's right," Heero confirmed.

"Right. We don't have a choice," Noin finally relented.

"Let's go, Gundam Team!"

~*~

The MD activated, their targets located. Two of them shot at a shadowy figure.

"That's not good enough!" A green energy scythe slashed through them. "Deathscythe Hell's gonna take you down!" Duo declared, "Make my day, you bags of bolts!"

Boom! Boom! (Tenshi-chan: B'bye, MD!) (Meio-chan: *waves* Ja ne!)

~*~

Zip!! Whoomp!!! BLAM!!!!! Two dragon claws took out two MD.

"Is that the best you can do?"

Lasers and flame-throwers were put to use. "I will wipe out evil!" Wufei ranted. "if you say you're not evil, try and beat me!" (Tenshi-chan: Fei-kun, hate to break it to ya, but none of them can say they're not evil, they can't say anything at all... You're fighting MD... *sweatdrop*) (Meio-chan: *nods in agreement*)

~*~

"I'll use this Taurus to escort the civilians to safety," Noin said, walking towards her favorite suit. "Quatre, I need you to back me up."

"Yes ma'am," Quatre replied.

"I'm going too," Trowa quietly said.

"No, Trowa. You still haven't got your memory back!" Quatre told him, his voice laced with worry.

"I won't push myself. I'll just be your backup."

"Let him do it. His body should remember," Heero interjected, a dark red helmet in his hands. (Meio-chan: The Domon Wing blooper of this one was FUNNY... ^_~) (Tenshi-chan: Heh-heh... imagine Gundam Heavyarms doing acrobat tricks...)

"Heero! Are you using Epyon?!?" Quatre demanded.

"Epyon has higher destructive power than Wing," he said. "Without Usagi, or Trowa's full memories, we'll need the power. If I'm careful with the Zero System, it'll be fine."

"..." Quatre wasn't so sure everything would turn out all right...

~*~

"Move out!" Gundam Sandrock advanced towards the adversaries, equipped with a defusing cloth.

"Roger!" Trowa responded in Gundam Heavyarms, an extra cannon pack on its back.

~*~

Click! Pip, pip, pip...

The screen of Epyon flared to life, the Zero System alive as points on the screen flashed, indicating the presence of enemies and allies. "Gundam Epyon, go!" Heero commanded, engaging battle with the MD. "Mission-- destruction of MD!" Heero declared, slashing through some MD. He made quick work of those in the vicinity of Epyon's powerful beam saber.

~*~

The 5 gundams with their ally Tarus were putting up a brave fight...

But would it be enough?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

SPACE, OZ FACTION, PEACE MILLION SPACE FORTRESS...

"Kuso! OZ's attack on the moon distracted me from movements on Earth!" Milliardo/Zechs cursed. "I must protect Relena and the kingdom! Hang on Princess!"

The Wing Zero prepared for atmosphere re-entry...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Sanc...

"Okay, all the civilians have been escorted to safety. Let's roll you guys," Noin informed them, blasting at the MD with her cannon. Unfortunately, there were still way too many MD left to take out.

"Man, they just keep coming and coming...!" Duo exclaimed, sweat drenching his brow, slashing at any MD close enough.

Wufei, on the other hand, would never accept being beaten by mere programs. "I am justice! I'm invincible!" (Tenshi-chan: Keep tellin' yourself that, Fei...)

~*~

On a plateau overlooking the Sanc Kingdom... (and the Battle)

"Finally! The pacifist Sanc kingdom's in the throes of war!" a voice purred. "I love it!" Dorothy looked up from the recording she was making of the battle. " Pacifism is just an ideal. Humans fight to live! The way they fight for survival is irresistible!" She went back to recording. "Let your lives shine, Gundam boys!" (Tenshi-chan: ... psyco bitch...)

~*~

"Yamero, Epyon," Heero commanded, her face damp with sweat. "Don't tell me how to fight." Epyon took a couple swings with his saber. "Usagi's not here. If I go crazy, no one can stop me!" he cried, his eyes shut tight and teeth clenched.

~*~

"Noin! There are to many!" Quatre said as he fought back to back with the Sanc officer, slashing through an approaching MD, only to have it replaced by 2 more adversaries. "They're trying to wear us out!" The two of them stared at the endless mass of MD still marching towards them. "MD never gets tired. A long fight isn't a good idea for us."

Noin gasped for breath, her work exhausting her. "Even if we fail to protect the kingdom...the princess must stay alive..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Romefeller Foundation...

Armed guards in Romefeller (Tenshi-chan: I would have used OZ, but I prefer to relate OZ to Treize, not Dermail) uniforms burst into the room, surrounding Serenity.

"Usagi Tsukino, you are under arrest for terrorist attacks against OZ and the Romefeller Foundation," Duke Dermail said smoothly after reading a note that had been sent to him, smirking at the scowling gundam pilot.

"Kuso..." Serenity/Usagi muttered to herself. "Should've known Relena was out of her mind to come here..." She made no resistance as her hands were locked in cuffs behind her back. Three guard remained behind her while the rest left the room, but Usagi knew that they were awaiting orders right outside the door. "I could justify my actions," Usagi shot back at Dermail.

He pointedly ignored her, because he knew she was right. So far, only 01, 02, 03, 04, and 05 had actually provoked MS attacks. He pressed a button on a remote.

A screen came up, showing the events of the battle, even some video clips, thanks to Dorothy.

It was not looking good. The only spot where the MD were cleared from was near Epyon. (Tenshi-chan: I wonder why... *sweatdrop*)

'I should be there helping...' Usagi thought grimly, gritting her teeth.

"..." Relena just kept watching, her eyes wide.

"I don't think I need to tell you what's going on. It's your call, Princess. If the battle continues...you'll lose Gundam for nothing." Usagi sent Dermail a nasty glare. "Your ideal nation is powerless against us! Give me an answer now."

"You're only winning through the use of MD, just machines! It shows nothing about the people in Romefeller. At least we're willing to put our lives into protecting the kingdom!" Usagi spat. "This battle is dishonorable. Should you win this battle, the victory would be worthless!!" (Meio-chan: So true...)

Dermail smirked. "You would only say that because you lost." (Meio-chan: Sounds like Mariemaia...) (Tenshi-chan: *whistles* *pauses* Okay, I was running out of ideas...)

Relena stood up, her head bowed. She gave a apologetic glance at Usagi, then stared at Dermail. "Very well. For the world's peace..."

Usagi had caught on. "Relena! IIE!"

"...I will work for Romefeller!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Sanc


The enemy halted.

Stopped.

"Nani?!" Wufei questioned.

"They stopped?!" Duo exclaimed.

A broadcast came through. "I am the representative of the Sanc Kingdom, Relena Peacecraft."

"Relena?" Heero wondered.

"Princess?!" Noin exclaimed. 'Nani? What happened...?' she thought. "What's going on...?"

"My kingdom of peace is at war with OZ," Relena stated. "If peace requires the use of military forces, I will renounce sovereignty and dissolve our kingdom."

"Dissolve the kingdom?!?!" Heero was in total shock. 'What the hell...?!'

"Pacifist nations must never fight, under any circumstances! Stop the battle immediately! You no longer have a reason to fight for the kingdom! If you wish to continue the battle, leave the kingdom immediately!" Tears came from Relena's eyes.

~*~

"Wow! She's so dramatic..." Dorothy commented.

~*~

Usagi closed her eyes in pain was she watched her leader, her friend, give up one of the most important things to her. As soon as Relena had declared that she would work with Romefeller, the guard had released her wrists from the constraints. She rubbed her head, where she had been banging it against the wall at Relena's stupidity, and at Fate's cruel twist. (Meio-chan: *gives a death glare to Dermail* I ought to condemn you to an eternity in hell.)

Usagi gave a sigh in defeat, watching her crying friend. She walked up and put a comforting arm around her shoulder. "It's okay. It'll be okay, Lena-chan..."

~*~

"The girl's resolve could be useful. If the battleship is ready..." Dermail said to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

"We must leave this place," Noin declared. "We'll escape by shuttle."

"Great. First the colonies, now the princess abandons us," Duo remarked. "Does everyone hate us that much?"

"No Duo. Relena gave us a chance to escape and live another day," Quatre argued.

"Yeah, cuz we were losing," Duo said dryly.

"Relena's under Romefeller control? I'll go check it out."

"Heero! Wait...!" Noin's call was futile. Heero had left already. "Well, who's going to take Twilight?"

"I'll take it," Heero's voice come over the radio, startling the rest. Usually when Heero left, he closed off his communications. "Take it to St. Gabriel. It's closer to Romefeller than the Sanc Kingdom, and the forest over there is good cover."

"Roger. I'll do it," Quatre offered. Sandrock set off to retrieve Twilight from the base.

"Heero, come back... There's no point of you going to Romefeller," Noin tried to reason, now that Twilight was taken care of.

This time Heero really did close off his communication link. '...Usagi... I'm coming...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

OZ CASTLE


"Well, the Sanc Kingdom has fallen. Earth will fall to the Romefeller Foundation." Treize elegant voice had a "told ya so" tone in it.

"There's rebel movements in space," Treize's feminine companion replied.

"Yes, that is true. Dermail's underestimating the colonists. As long as Gundam are around, there's no victory for Romefeller." Treize paused, turning away from his computer and facing his companion. "Am I right, Lady Une?"

"That's correct. Your favorite boys will show the world the right path," Lady Une replied.

"The times are changing," Treize declared. "Our future depends on them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Back to Heero...


Pip! Pip!

"...!!" A MS was flying towards him. "Is that GUNDAM WING ZERO?!" he wondered as the MS drew closer.

Both MS transformed to MS mode.

"Heero Yuy! What a surprise!" the pilot of Wing Zero greeted.

"Zechs?!" Heero cried, recognizing the voice. "Good! Let's settle it."

"If that's what you want!" Zechs answered both in voice and sword. The two powerful MS proceeded to battle, all the way to Romefeller...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

At the Romefeller Foundation...


"Well Princess, shall we talk about our future?" Dermail began.

Relena took a deep breath and sighed. Usagi shot a glance of concern at her friend. 'Is she really going to be okay...?'

Ping! The battle had been brought into the vicinity of Romefeller.

"Hm? What's that?" Dermal asked his guards. When he turned back to face Usagi and Relena, the two of them were gone. "..."

~*~

"Relena!" Usagi hissed, pulling her arm. They ran towards the crash.

"Oh my...!" Relena exclaimed, a hand over her nose and mouth to ward off the dust from entering her lungs. Two bodies lay on the ground.

Usagi surveyed the damage and checked to make sure no Romefeller guards were around. She turned her head at the sound of moaning. "Heero...?" she whispered. She watched as another took off a mask. "Milli-kun...?"

The two figures on the ground rose. "Brother! Heero!" Relena cried, walking towards them.

"Relena!" Heero and Milliardo yelled at the same time.

"What...what are you guys doing here...?" Relena questioned.

"Fate led us here..." Milliardo replied, his normally cold eyes softened and warmed at the sight of his baby sister. He sensed another presence nearby and swiftly brought up his gun, pointing it in the general direction. "Show yourself!"

From where Heero was on top of Epyon, he was just able to discern out a bit of golden blond hair. "Usagi! Why the hell do you have Zero in Twilight?!"

Usagi cringed. Then a hand reached for her arm and pulled her out. "Relena!" she cried out in protest. Usagi stepped out into the light. "..."

"Brother, I'd like you to meet..." Relena started.

"Don't bother," Usagi said. "We know each other quite well."

"Serenity..." Milliardo whispered. "Heero, it's my fault she has Zero System in Twilight. I told Treize to find a way to install it in."

Heero whipped around to face Milliardo, his eyes widened. "You WHAT?!" he exploded, ready to pull the trigger of his upraised gun.

"Heero! It's okay. The Zero System in Twilight won't activate itself," Usagi quickly explained.

Heero calmed down a bit. He turned to Relena. "Relena...I have to know...are you working for the enemy?"

Relena's looked straight into Heero's eyes. "Yes... I will work with Romefeller to create a better future."

Heero's eyes hardened. "I see..." he drew his gun and clicked the safety off.

"Yamero!" Milliardo commanded, raising his pistol.

"Heero! Iie." Usagi stepped in front of Relena.

"Usagi? Move! She's working with Romefeller!" Heero commanded.

"Iie. Don't you get it! She cares more about peace than her life or her kingdom!" Usagi argued. "My mission was to protect her, so I'll protect her!" (Meio-chan: Go Usa!)

"..." Heero lowered his gun.

Relena stepped away from behind Usagi. "I can't die yet..." she said, her voice weak and a tear trailing down her cheek. "...but come back and kill me someday... Heero..."

Heero smirked. "Uh-huh. I will kill you."

Usagi and Milliardo would have objected to Heero's statement, if some MD hadn't arrived.

"It's the security MD!" Milliardo cried.

"Zechs!" Heero yelled, jumping off of Epyon. "Take Epyon. I just can't handle the suit that Treize made."

Milliardo smirked. "Heh. Zero would suit a colonist better anyway." (Meio-chan: *grins* Yup! Better recognize!)

Both of them got into their respective Gundams and the Gundams rose from their fallen positions. "Usagi/Serenity!" they yelled at the same time. "Come on!" The two Gundams had a hand low enough for her to jump onto.

Usagi looked up at the Gundams, surprised, then at the hands. "Heero... Milliardo..." Usagi whispered. "Gomen...demo...my mission is not completed yet." She placed an arm around Relena's shoulder. Relena looked at her questioningly. "My place is by the Princess..."

Heero and Milliardo understood, and withdrew their hands. Turning around, they went to face off with the MD.

"Sayonara...Heero-kun...Milli-kun..." Usagi whispered, giving them one last glance before following Relena back into the clutches of the Romefeller Foundation.

**************************************************************** *************************

How was that for a chapter?

Meio-chan: *sniffles* NOO!! This fic is almost over!! I've had so much fun working on this!! *glares at Tenshi-chan* Imouto-chan...you need a sequel for this...

Eheh-heh-heh... *shrinks away from Meio-chan's glare* Call down ne-chan.. Of course I'll write a sequel... Just for you..

Don't forget to REVIEW!!!!