Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ If Love was Real ❯ New Life ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The rain pounded on the windows of the car. Lights flashed by, she didn't care. The radio was on, soothing piano music filled the small car. "Your name was Hotaru Tomoe."
Hotaru Tomoe. Just a few hours ago she was Hotaru Hudson…and then suddenly she was told that she was abandon and her father brought her up. Her name is Hotaru Tomoe…Who was my mother? Why did she leave?
"MOMMY!!!!!" the picture of a little girl crying flashed in her mind. Was that her? She was moving to America. She'll leave everything behind. I'll go away forever…I'm never coming back. As she reached the airport, ditching the car, she took out her laptop. "Now to set up that file."
Hacking into the U.S system she created a file on her. Ok I was born in Japan but my parent's immigrated over and they died in a car crash…yeah, yeah…
"All those boarding to America please report to the plane. The plane will be leaving in five minutes," A speaker said.
Picking up her stuff she boarded the plane and left Japan and her past behind her.

*~*~*
4 weeks later…

"Today we have a new student. She just came back from her trip to Japan." An elderly woman with curly white hair, with wide rimmed glasses spoke in a raspy voice. She was Hotaru's new History teacher. Why am I here? Hotaru thought as the teacher continue to rant about her. I know all this stuff already…Of course I could get a job…but then most likely the family is going to look for me there… and I guess school might be…fun. Hopefully they don't look too far back in my history… "Hotaru? Hotaru would you sit over there please?"
Nodding her head she walked up the long staircase, up passing by various seats filled with students or young adults and ignoring the stares she sat down at the top.
"Today we shall look at-" Hotaru tuned out the teacher and looked out the window…This is going to be along day.

As she was walking down to her lockers someone bumped into her, making her books fall, "damn…"
"Here let me help." A voice said.
"What?" She looked up to see a blue hair girl. The girl had blue eyes and short cropped hair. She seemed to be very smart and obviously liked blue. "Thank you."
"It's no biggie." The girl said as she finished picking up the books. "You're new here aren't you. I've never really seen you around before. Oh! How rude of me!!! I'm Ami Mizuno."
"Hotaru Tomoe." She answered.
"Well Hotaru, I hope you enjoy your stay here…tell you what. Do you want to meet my friends? I'm sure they'll love to meet you!" The blue haired girl chatted happily.
"um…Sure." Hotaru answered before she could stop herself. Truthfully, she never had friends…her family didn't allowed her to have any…
"Ok then! Come it's this way." Ami said and lead her to and ice cream polar. "HI guys! Look this is a new student to the school she moved her from Japan!"
"Hi…" some one said. Turning to their direction she noticed that the girl had long black hair and wore a different uniform from the rest. "I'm Raye Hino." She could tell the girl was looking her over…something told her that this girl knew things…
"Hehe…" Nervous laughter. "Don't worry about Raye the Witch. She could be mean sometimes but she has a soft side!!!!" Said another girl ,blonde this time, next to her with these strange looking balls on her head.
"WHAT DID YOU SAY MEATBALL HEAD?!?!?!" The girl known as Raye shouted.
"Raye-chan that's mean!!!" The blonde that had previously spoke jumped around and stared to wail.
"uh…I guess I should tell you that those two are often in fights. The one with meatb-er- blonde hair is Bunny aka Serena Tsukino and I'm Lita Kino." Lita looked strong. There was this feeling from her that told Hotaru that Lita was a person not to be messed with.
"And I'm Mina Minako." Another cheery blonde said with a wink. "Well come to the group…well you still need to see our-"
"Yeah, yeah She doesn't need to meet them yet!" Raye said and rolled her eyes.

*~*~
"So…who are you living with?" Mina asked as she absently fiddled with her HUGE red bow that was somehow attached to her hair.
A simple question. "Th-They died a long time ago." Hotaru answered quietly not really caring.
"Oh…I'm sorry Hotaru!" The blonde quickly said her blue orbs filled with regret.
"So where are you living?" Ami asked.
Good question… "You know here and there." Hotaru answered with a shrug.
All the girls looked shocked.
"No way!!!" Serena shouted.
"I'm over 18…I'm considered an adult now." Hotaru answered calmly and returned to her ice cream.
"You think…"
"Maybe."
"What are you talking about?" Serena asked tipping her head over to the side a bit and stared at Raye and Ami.
"Easy. Let's bring her home!"
"Yeah!!!!"
"Now why didn't I think of that before?"
"Because you're a baka."
"RAYE!!!!!!!!" Serena's high pitch wail is yet again heard.
"Um…You never asked for my opinion." Hotaru said silently.
"It's no biggie Hotaru. You see we all live together. Our …guardian owns this huge mansion and well there's this spare room…and we didn't know what to do with it." Mina explained.
"I-" She looked away. Why are they being so nice? They barley met me…and their inviting me into their home…
The girls took this as an advantage and dragged a protesting Hotaru outside.
"Let's go!!!!!" Serena shouted as they all cram into the little car.

~*~*~
"Girls your home late." A tall young man said as they entered the large house. "Hello? Who's this?"
"Haruka this is Hotaru Tomoe." Mina said.
Wait…that was a WOMAN?!?!? Blushing Hotaru weakly said "hi."
"You thought she was a man didn't you?" Raye asked smirking a bit.
"Girls you're home!" Another woman entered the room. She was a tall woman with sea green wavy hair and very bright eyes.
"Hi, Michiru , this is Hotaru!!! Could she stay with us?!?!?!" Serena asked with pleading puppy eyes.
"But-" Haruka objected.
"Girls? Are you sure?" Michiru asked her aqua green eyes reflected something that suggested worry.
"PLEASE!!!! She's living by herself!!!!" Serena wailed again.
"Is that true?" Haruka asked.
Hotaru nodded weakly. "Yes…but I understand if you don't agree…I don't really want to -"
"No you're staying." Michiru said with a smile. "Welcome Hotaru to your new home. Girls I trust you know where to show Hotaru to…by the way where is her stuff?"
All the girls turn red.
"You forgot didn't you?" Haruka smirked.
"Ahem…welllll Hotaru this is the…" Raye said quickly shoving Hotaru towards the door again.
"You sure it's safe to let her stay with us on such short notice?" Haruka asked.
"She has a kind heart…and remember how the others came? It was the same way." Michiru answered. "A girl her age shouldn't be alone."
"…I just don't know. There's this feeling that something is going to happen…" Haruka said rubbing her neck with the palm of her hand.
"Only time will tell. She is a nice person."
"Looks can be misinterpreted." Haruka said.

~*~*~

It's been almost a week since Hotaru had moved in with the girls. It's odd…I feel as though… we are one huge family. Hotaru smiled at the thought of the huge food fight that occurred last night. It's started out simple enough…

flashback

As everyone has sat down and begun eating Serena decided to play hokey with her vegetables by fling them at Raye in little pieces.
"Serena would you stop doing that." Raye asked with gritted teeth.
*munch, MUNCH* was the answer as Serena gobbled down her chicken.
Silence…*Ping*…*munch*…SPLAT!!!!!
If one were to look over at Raye then one would see a huge green lettuce in her Long raven hair. "Ser…e…na…" Raye slowly, very slowly said. She opened her eyes and they seem to have this very odd fiery look to it that simply say `Serena shall die'. Serena at this point was gulping down her last sip of juice when a flan hit her in the face. "RAYE!!!!!!!!!!" Thus began the food fight.
3 hours and 15 minutes later
"I will kill you Serena!!!" Mina shouted as she tried to pry a piece of sticky potato out of her hair.
"It's not fair why do we have to clean up?" Lita asked as she wiped the large whitish green marble floor.
"Because this will teach you girls NOT to EVER do that again at that dinner table!" Haruka said and wiped the Ranch Sauce off her face.
End

"Hotaru, light off now! You have school tomorrow!" Haruka's voice shouted from the long hall way.
Sighing she turned off her lamp. And climbed in her large bed…just like…home. I wonder how are they doing. Hotaru let out a sigh. She was going to get a job tomorrow, I mean I can't just live here for free…with the money I could help with the bills or whatever…yawning she stretched and let her hands fall on the dark covers. Closing her eyes she smiled and slept.