Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ If Love was Real ❯ Love Blooms ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm SOOOO Sorry that it so long to get this chapter out! Well hope you enjoy this. ^-^

And please remember to review!! ^-^

Disclaimer: Don't own GW boys or SM scouts.

***

Lita hummed as she set out the freshly oven bread to cool. She had constantly wanted to have her own shop ever since she was a little girl…and possibly get married, too. "Well one dream accomplished…sort of."

"Lita could you get the frosting on the cake?" the manager of `Sweets' hollered from the front.

"Yeah sure!" Lita shouted back. Humming again she strolled down the back to get the frosting. "Soon I'll have my very own shop!" Lita said very determinedly. "But for now…a part time job is good enough…" Opening the cooler she selected colors of pale green, baby blue and pure white. Carrying the bundle up, she set to work on the large birthday cake. Yep, cooking is life.

____----__-----

`…So…hungry…' Duo thought as he walked down the street. It was early in the afternoon, he decided to go out and eat. No sense in staying around a shop that doesn't have any customers. Since Hotaru had started working the customers had been coming almost everyday…right when Hotaru's work shift begins…(-_-*) "Oy…" He muttered as his stomach let out another irritated grumble. Suddenly a heavenly smell fluttered under his nose. Glancing upwards he noticed a sign `Sweets'. "Hmm…maybe there'll be something in here that could satisfy my hunger…" Duo thought and entered.

It was a small cozy little place, with little coffee tables here and there. Soft whispering music in the air and of courses the delicious smells of sweets and coffee. Settling himself within a nice booth he set an order and looked around. `Odd…I never seen this place before…' A couple past by him. They laughed and seem to be having a great time. `Lucky them…our lives are so hectic that we can't even seem to breathe…' Duo though sadly.

"Excuse me…um…sir… your order is here." A saintly voice floated into his thought and dragged him to reality.

Turning towards the speaker he absorbed the sight before him. Angel. That word popped right into his mind as soon as his eyes fell upon her. Soft, silky brown hair tied up in a ponytail with two wisps on either side of her face. Rose earrings graced her ears. Long, dark lashes framed the forest green eyes that held kindness and strength in them. Her face was tanned flawlessly and her lips colored naturally in a rosy red. She had a body with all the right curves. He could tell that she was athletic type due to the somewhat muscled arms as she held his drink in one hand.

"…" Duo was thunderstruck.

"Lita!" the manager called, the angel turned around. She placed the drink on his table and turned to leave.

As if by instinct his hand shot out without his accord and caught the angel's wrist. It was smooth ivory skin. The Angel's face darkens slightly, her eyes narrowed. She looked at him out of the corner of her eyes. The look was hazardous, but hell he didn't seem to mind. "Will you please let go of my wrist." It wasn't a request it was a statement.

"I'm….I'm…." Since the moment his eyes fell upon her his entire vocabulary had flown out the window.

__--

Lita looked at the order and walked towards the booth. Taking one glance at the young man sitting by himself at the table, she felt her breath caught her throat. This person was…beautiful. The perfectly sculptured face that held an unspeakable sadness. His hair done up in a braid that fell to his side, he was wearing all black…maybe that was why against the window light he seemed to glow…it almost seemed like he was an unearthly being. Shaking her head Lita hesitated to place the drink upon his table. "Excuse me…um sir… you order is here." She said.

Her breath almost stopped at the full intensity of those violet orbs. The sadness, the pain, the loneliness, the death, and the mystery. It was clear that this guy was HOT!!!!!

"Lita!!!" The manager called.

Blinking, breaking the eye contact, she quickly place the slightly warm cup upon the table and turned to leave. That was then was a soft grip held her wrist. "Will you please let go of my writs." If this were any other guy she would have thrown him to the other side of the room by now…

"I'm…I'm…" The guy started to stutter, then a light blush crept up to his cheeks…how cute! "You're beautiful."

If it were any other guy, she would have thrown him to the other side of the room. But for this guy…. Something was different. And against her will, a soft blush crept on to HER cheeks.

"LITA!" The manager once again called.

"I'm sorry I-I have to go." Lita said and promptly left.

Duo stared at the retreating figure. He smiled, "what have you gotten yourself into now Maxwell?"

__^^__

Ami inhaled a breath of `fresh' air. Lifting her arms up and stretched, she closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensation of warmth that the sun had provided. `What a nice day…' it has been one of those rare occasions that she had allowed herself to take a day off from work. Elegantly she reached over to her handbag and touched the book she was reading. "Shoreline" the title reflected the sun's rays. The story was one of love and hardship and how two people overcame the terrible odds and lived happily together. "Only are the blessed few blessed with true love." Ami smiled the book is one of her favorites that was written by an author hundreds of years ago. "If only…my life could be as close as theirs…" Shaking her head she looked out into the lake and once again let the smile tough her lips as the gentle breeze tickled her face. These are the times that she would cherish.

Everyone was overjoyed when Hotaru had came into their little family. Although Hotaru is still a little cold…but then the young girl is the independent… quiet type, she has already started to help out with the bills. But sometimes Ami couldn't help but wonder about Hotaru's past…She already knew that Hotaru had lost her parents at a very young age but…what else? Hotaru is constantly typing away on her laptop, and astonishingly the young girl's knowledge about computer surprised Ami at first, but Hotaru proved to be a smart girl. Sometimes Hotaru would just stare off into space with such a lost look upon her petite face; at that moment she looked like a child that was lost out in the cold and Ami can't help but worry. Is there something Hotaru is hiding? Or is it just her being paranoid? She sighed Hotaru was truly a mystery.

__*-^**

Walking by the park, Trowa was out to enjoy the nice sunny day. He stopped in front of the lake and leaned on the rails. Checking his clock it was only 1:30 in the afternoon. Being the silent one of the group, he frequently spends his time alone walking in the libraries or just strolling by the park.

So much has changed in so little months. First there was Hotaru joining the group in taking care of the store. Talking about Hotaru…the store seem to glow a bit now, everything seems to be much happier. It funny what one person could do. Not only was she the first girl to actually get the job done, but also somehow she has already wormed her way into some of their hearts. Duo for sure is very protective of her, he treats her like a little sister. Wufei (although he doesn't admit it) is actually impressed of her immense knowledge in computer skills. And Heero…well you never know with that guy…Heero still doesn't really trust Hotaru.

Trowa looked up towards the diminutive boats on the lake. They haven't been on an assignment for awhile now…It worries him that such a great hacker could disappear off the surface of the earth. Could they be planing something much worst then before? Sighing deeply he shook his head. Not one moment of peace…always was worrying about something else. Casually looking around him, he noticed a young woman…an extraordinarily attractive young woman. Not only was she beautiful, she was reading. "Funny…she's doesn't seem the bookworm type…"

At his location he could see her just fine…

-_-_-_-_-_-

Ami felt someone staring at her. "Great there goes my moment of peace..." Looking up she could barley see the guy. Hidden behind the tall bushes, the guy quickly bolted his head down once he saw that she was looking at him. "Oh dear..." Gathering her things she set to politely ask the guy to stop staring...the fact that a guy was staring at her is unnerving.

Upon walking towards the guy she notice that he was tall...ok really, really tall...he was looking out into the lake and maybe it was the sunlight that was reflecting off the water...but he seem to-

Her train of thought stopped, completely halted as he turned to look at her. Only one thought ran through her mind, "MY GOD HE'S HOT!" Then quickly blushing at what she just thought. "Did I just think that he was hot?? Get a grip of yourself Ami!"

"Erm...excuse me miss?" the guy asked.

"Oh yes...um I noticed that you were looking at me and I er...wanted to know if you could please stop." She said softly and tried to avoid his eyes.

"As you wish...but...tell me what's your name?"

Taken back she answered, "Ami

"Trowa Barton." He said and nodded towards her book. "That's a nice book."

"I don't even think he read it..." She thought as she began walking away.

"Only are the blessed few blessed with true love." Trowa suddenly said, "If I'm not correct I think its on page 78?"

Her eyes enlarge as she remembered the quote she had read just a few minutes earlier! Suddenly giving the man before her more tribute than she did before she walked back. Maybe this one...might be worth her while..." What else do you know?"

HIS eyes widen just slightly and he gave her a smile that caused her heart to waver.

-----*---*

Raye singled out the brightest, largest and reddest apple of the large heap. It was Tuesday, which means: her turn to cook( -_-; ) and she was planning to make fruits for desserts. The only problem was that Serena took the last bunch…so that landed her in the VERY crowded market. Tossing the last apple into a bag, finally satisfied with the amount, she walked towards the cashier.

As she walked out she looked up at the sun. "Hmm…wonder what time is it…." She shifted the armload in her hands in order to catch a glimpse of her watch. 5:30. Perfect just enough time to start everything off. "Oy, that was heavy…" she said to herself as she closed the trunk of the fiery red convertible.

Suddenly someone pushed past her and ran into an elderly woman on the other side. `What the?!?'

"HELP!!! STOP THAT THIEF!!"

Raye's eyes narrowed; no way is that guy going to get away! She quickly chased after him. "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET AWAY!!!!" Knowing that chasing him was useless, it will only be a waste of energy, she grabbed the nearest thing she could; a broom out of another's cart. "Sorry I'll give it back! Thank you!!" Throwing the large broom at the mugger's legs, and knocking down the mugger in the process. She ran up to him and pinned him down. "And where do you think you're going?"

Just as she thought it was over, the mugger grabbed her hand and flipped her to her back. Pain raced through her system as she landed hard on the concrete floor, quickly opening her eyes…She looked directly into the dark gun barrel.

**---*--^

Wufei walked down the hectic crammed full, and incredibly cluttered streets. "Injustice why do I have to go buy the food? Isn't it Barton's turn to cook?" Just about to enter the nearest market he heard a shrilling scream.

"HELPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! STOP THAT THIEF!!!!!!!"

Instantly he stopped what he was doing and raced towards the sound. Jumping over the crates that lie in the way, he spotted the mugger. "Injustice! Stealing from and old woman!"

Suddenly out of no where a raven head appeared in front of him " YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET AWAY!!!!!!!!!" And proceeded in throwing the broom at the mugger's feet. Well at least that stopped him… But that stupid onna thinks that that man would stay down that easy? Just like on cue the mugger flipped the woman on her back and pulled out a gun. "Stupid Onna." Wufei growled and charged at the mugger. This time the mugger was really knocked unconscious.

"Thanks." The woman said and stood up.

"Hump. Stupid Onna thinks she can take down a mugger with one blow. You should leave the rescuing to the men." Wufei said and started to walk away.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!?!?" The woman standing behind him screamed. " I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT AGAIN!"

"You are a stupid onna thinking that you could defeat a mugger in one blow." Wufei said over his shoulder, as he walked away.

"What a JERK!" Raye thought. "No way is HE going to get away!!!!!!"

Wufei sense that someone was approaching him…someone with LOTS of anger to burn. "Onna just leave it be, you got your mugger now go on with your business."

"I demand an apology!" That annoying onna shouted.

"And why may I ask?" Wufei asked as he turn to face the red-faced onna. "I've only told you what is true."

"How DARE you call me stupid!!!!!" Raye's eyes blazed with flames.

Wufei opened his mouth to tell the onna that he was right and she was wrong but then his cell phone rang. "Hello?…understood." he hung up and walked away.

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!?!?!?" Raye shouted across the parking lot.

"Home." He answered and continued walking.

Raye stood there looking at the retreating guy. "He's stupid….more than stupid. Not worth my time." and looking down at her clock her eyes widen. "SHHHHHHIITT!!!!"

_*_*_*

"Thanks Lina-chan!" Mina said cheerfully as she exited the large building and skipped down the long, gray, weatherworn, stairs. Taking a glance at her watch she noticed that is was near six. Her blue eyes widen. "Oh man, Raye's gonna be sooo mad at me!" Quickly she sped up, without looking at where she was going and ran straight ahead into another person. "Oof!"

"OMG!!!!!!! I'm SOOOO sorry!!!" Mina exclaimed as the young man in front of her sat up from the sidewalk, and an empty coffee cup lied by his side, it's contents spilled. "Are you all right?!"

"It's alright miss." The young man said and got up. "I wasn't looking were I was going."

"No it's totally my fault. If I was looking then I wouldn't have bumped into you." Mina said and apologized once again.

"It's alright. I'm fine and nothing is the matter. This was bound to happen anyway…after all I WASN'T looking were I was going."

"At least let me buy you another cup of coffee." Mina said as she led the guy to a nearby shop.

"BUT you didn't do anything!!!"

*^*^*^*^

Quatre was walking down the street. It wasn't usual that he would walk instead of taking the cab home…He need to recollect his thoughts. Une wants to send them on another mission…but Hotaru will have to look after the store by herself. It wasn't that he didn't trust her it was just that he didn't want her to get hurt.

Sighing in frustration he took a sip of the light coffee. Damn it… The assignment was in Japan…But they couldn't possibly leave Hotaru alone in that store. Only thing that they COULD do is to go one at a time…but then it's too time consuming. Yet again sighing he closed his eyes, briefly, and took another sip.

Unluckily for him, the next thing he knew something, or rather someone, crashed into him. Falling ungracefully on his bottom, he silently cursed as he noticed that his coffee has spilled. "OMG!!!!! I'm SOOOOO SORRY!!!!!!" Someone's voice exclaimed. Immediately he looked up. That voice was so sincere…it was beautifully sweet. Looking up he saw a blonde young woman with the largest blue eyes ever. Her eyes shone with worry and concern, "Are you all right?!"

"It's alright miss." The he said and got up. "I wasn't looking were I was going."

"No it's totally my fault. If I was looking then I wouldn't have bumped into you." The young woman said and apologized once again. It really wasn't her fault…

"It's alright. I'm fine and nothing is the matter. This was bound to happen anyway…after all I WASN'T looking were I was going." Quatre said and tried to calm the young woman down.

"At least let me buy you another cup of coffee." She said as she began leading him into a nearby shop.

"BUT you didn't do anything!!!" Quatre said…wow she's really stubborn. The coffee shop loomed closer and closer. "Miss…Really it's ok."

"No way. When I cause something then I pay for it." She said.

"Well at least could I buy one for you then?" He asked thinking if the young woman was going to waste money on him he should get her something…and…he was interested in her…a little…

*^*^

"So you're Mina Minako?" Quatre asked and sipped the hot coffee. They were sitting in a booth and were talking. So far this young woman, Mina, was much more then he had expected. She was funny, sweet, kind, beautiful, smart…almost to good to be true. "Yeah…now, how about telling me WHO you are?" Mina said from across the table, also playing with her cup of coffee.

"I'm sorry…How rude of me…I'm Quatre Winner." He said and looked across the table where Mina was doing a VERY good impression of a shell-shocked person. "Um…Ms. Minako?"

"You're Quatre…Winner?!?!?" Mina asked obviously surprised. She had always envisioned the heir to the Winner family would be an old snotty brat who would live off his father's riches!!!! And here sat before her was one of the nicest guys she had ever, EVER met!!!!!! The Winner family was one of the RICHEST (and when she said rich she MEANT richest) Family there was in the colonies!!!!

"Yes…I'm sorry if it shocked you." Quatre said with a small smile, it is not really an unusual reaction.

"I just thought-" Mina muttered when Quatre broke in.

"That I was an old snotty brat who would live off his father's riches?" He asked as if it was nothing new.

Mina bowed her head in embarrassment. "Sorry." She muttered.

"It's ok…a lot of people think that way to…I was like that once." Quatre said softly.

"No…It's my fault for judging the Winner's by their name instead of actually meeting one myself…" Mina said.

As time past…the more happier the two got…

"Maybe…This is the one…" They both thought.

*!*!*!**!

Heero waited in the back, the constant clicking and sometimes clacking on the keyboard was heard throughout the store. Hotaru, who was in front, glared every time the keys were clicked. "Is THAT ALL he does?!?!?!" She asked mostly to herself. Today…for some odd reason….was a very, VERY slow day. Tapping her foot on the floor impatiently she walked around the store trying to find at least something she haven't finish in the last two hours. Then after a couple minutes she remembered there…was something.

FLASHBACK!

A heavy box was dropped off in the front. "Thanks! Henry!" Hotaru waved at the UPS man who dropped of the box of supplies for a new laptop. "Now to move this thing…" She crouched down to pick it up only to find that is was HEAVY!!!

"What are you doing?" Heero asked as he came in with an empty cup. He stared at her for a few minutes of amusement, as she struggled with the heavy box and finally gave up.

"Well just don't stand there!!" Hotaru shouted from the other side…getting really pissed off at the smirk on Heero's face. "It's not right for a guy to do that!"

Smoothing his facial features into the normal mask, he walked over…this girl…she's making him smile…

He grabbed the heavy box as if it were a toy and bought it into the back and set it in a really high shelf.

"Heero!!" Hotaru whined. "How the hell am I going to unpack that?"

"You are not. Just leave it to us and go watch the store." Heero said in his usual monotone voice.

Hotaru made a face, "Who said?"

Heero left.

END FLASHBACK~~~

She stood on her tipi toes and stretched her arms as much as she could. The box was almost in her hands…almost. "Maybe if I jump…just a bit." She thought. Just slightly she jumped…and the box did tipped…but NOT in her favor and it came crashing down…

Heero walked out of the back. Looking around he noticed that a certain black head…wasn't there. He looked down the aisles, no Hotaru. Where could she have gone? "The box." He thought. "Damn I told her to stay away from it!"

He hurried to the supply room and walked down the long aisles of shelves. And there was indeed Hotaru Tomoe trying her best to reach up at the big box. He shook his head…She is stubborn…Walking silently towards her he noticed how cute she looked when she was determined. How her tongue is between her lips and her eyebrows close together in concentration. Just then the box crashed down. "Hotaru!" He thought and ran to push Hotaru out of the way. Landing right on top of her…

^*^*

"Ow…" Hotaru mumbled as she tried to get up…wasn't the box falling at her? Or was that the box? "Dam whatever it is it's heavy!"

She felt something warm blowing at her neck…she shivered and slowly turned towards the source. Heero's face was pressed against her neck, his arms were wrapped around her waist and back. Not to mention somehow her lower body…was…pressing against him and their legs were tangled. "Urm…" Her face going red…very red. "Ok…Ok…" She thought as seconds clicked by like minutes. "You're on the ground…with a guy on top of you…god why is this always happening to me?"

Heero shifted above her and stood up- or at least he tried too- but came crashing down on her once more. Foreheads crashed together, bodies met once again "Oof…" Hotaru wheezed as Heero's hard body came into contact with hers once more. She opened her eyes…Stormy Prussian blue clashed with dark violets.

Time could have stopped…and neither would care…looking into each other's eyes…was like a whirl wind of emotion, despite the shield that both that had put up over the hard years. Each soul was released, everything… all the pain, the loneliness, everything was revealed. And in the mist of things…something…something in each mind…clicked.

"…"

He blinked first and broke contact, he untangled himself then held a hand out towards her. She took it he pulled her up…they stood that way for awhile… each was confuse as the other…each was lost in their own thoughts…in the mist of confusion neither sensed the presence of another glaring at the two and quickly leaving

AN: WOW that was the longest chapter I have written so far!!!! I'm so proud of myself…but now that chapter 8 is done on to chapter 9…-_-; well I'll try my best to finish it quickly, but I'm not making any promises. PLZ PLZ Remember to leave a review!!! They encourage me to write much faster! ^-^