Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ If these walls could talk ❯ Part : Affair de Coeur ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

If these walls could talk

By: Myst-Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing belongs to respective companies. Yes Folks, I'm actually doing a fanfic on Darien/Relena pairing. I know they are the most hated people in SM Crossover. I do feel sorry for them cause they've been subjected to fanfic bashing.

Nothing lasts forever…

Part 1: Affair de Coeur

The night was clear. Stars twinkled across the heavens. The silver moon cast a radiant glow. It was the night of a full moon.

A young man stood outside, gazing thoughtfully at the sky. He looked down and there was a gold star locket on his palm. A sweet melody drifted from the locket as soon as he opened it. His face softened into a smile.

"Darien?"

He heard a soft female voice calling his name. He turned sideways to find a young lady watching him. She was dressed in a pink flowing gown. Her long blond pigtails trailed downwards. She had the face of an angel with the body of a goddess. The same woman he had come to love and cherish with his heart and soul.

"Serena? What are you doing here?" He had a surprise look on his face.

"I had to see you…" Serena's voice quivered. "I know I shouldn't be here…"

"Shh….it's alright…" He whispered. He drew her into his arms and embraced her tightly. "I'm happy that you're here beside me." He kissed the top of her head.

"Oh Darien…" She sighed, closing her eyes. "Will we finally be together? How long must I wait for this animosity between the Earth and Moon Kingdom end? I feel there is nothing to be done for…."

"We mustn't lose hope," He said determinedly. "Time is all that we have left."

"I know Darien," She answered sadly. "I know…" She held unto him as if she would never let him go.

"Serena," He murmured her name. "My Serena." His fingers brushed through her silken hair and he inhaled deeply. Her sweet perfume reminded him of a red rose. The very essence of her. She trembled under his touch.

"I love you, Darien." She said breathlessly, " Always and forever…. My foolish Prince…." She whispered harshly into his ear. Her sharp nails dug deeper behind his back. Darien flinched in pain.

"Serena! What are you doing?" He questioned, pushing her aside. He looked bewildered.

Serena's laughter was high pitched. There was a hint of malice in her eyes.

"Serena? Answer me. What's wrong?" His voice sounded alarmed. He took her hand in his but she slapped it away.

"Unhand me!" She hissed. Her eyes grew cold and distant. Her face darkened with rage.

His eyes narrowed suspiciously. "This isn't the real Serena I know." He thought. He drew out his sword and pointed the sword to her. "Who are you?!" He demanded.

"Bravo, I underestimated you, my prince." She said admiringly, clapping her hand enthusiastically. She composed herself and paused. "It's too bad though. You won't live enough to tell anyone…"

"What's happening to me?" He asked warily. He was staggering back and forth. He couldn't look straight ahead. All the images became blurry. His head was spinning. He dropped his sword to the ground and he too fell. Summoning his last breath, he whispered. "Serena…" He lost consciousness.

* ~ * ~ *

Present day, AC 198

Relena stifled a yawn and politely excused herself. She felt slightly guilty and resumed her attention back to the summit meeting. It had been a long, restless day for Vice Foreign Minister Relena Dorlan. She knew it was imperative for her to be present at this delegation peace talk concerning the future of Earth Sphere Alliance and the space colonies.

"Order, Order!!" The speaker yelled, striking the wooden mallet against the table. The noise bombarded the room. Two men were in the middle of a heated dispute, bickering like little children.

"Peace will not resolve anything if you have kept your end of the bargain!!" He roared.

"And you shouldn't make false promises!!" Another man yelled back, pointing fingers accusingly.

"I'm alerting security!!" The speaker exclaimed, dialing through the intercom.

"Ladies and Gentleman, may I have your attention please?" Relena interjected, standing from her seat. "Why don't we have a 5 minute break shall we?" She suggested. Everyone nodded their heads in agreement and the whole crowd disengaged. Two security officers came inside and towed the two men away.

"Thank you, Ms. Relena. You've been most helpful." The speaker thanked her gratefully. Relena smiled in return and departed the room. She slipped into another quiet room and she slumped on a chair near a window overlooking the gardens. She closed her eyes and she relaxed.

"Tsk… Tsk… My, my. Ms. Relena sitting down on the job? That's unheard of??" A voice broke into her thoughts.

She popped her eyes opened, completely wide-awake. She glanced up and saw Dorothy's teasing smile. "Dorothy?" Relena was amazed to see her long time friend. "What are you doing here?" She got up and gave her friend a hug.

"Just visiting a friend." Dorothy answered her briefly.

"Oh a friend, I see…" Relena said. Her eyes twinkled mischievously. "Don't you mean Quatre Rabera Winner?"

"No comments…" Dorothy's cheeks turned pink from embarrassment. Relena smiled.

"You look tired," Dorothy noticed the restlessness in Relena's eyes.

"Yes, I am." Relena replied. "I've been attending a number of delegation talks here and there…"

"Sounds like to me, you need a vacation…" Dorothy said.

"No, that's not possible…" Relena shook her head. "Foremost of all, I have to prioritize my work more."

"No, you don't" Dorothy said evenly. "You're not a robot, Relena. Looking after your health is far more important. It'll get off certain things off your mind like Heero perhaps?" She peered closely to see her reaction. Relena remained silence.

"Don't tell me you're still pining over him?" Dorothy asked in disbelief. "He'll never come back…"

"It's not that easy." Relena said sadly.

Dorothy sighed. She handed Relena an envelope. "Maybe this will change your mind then." Relena tore off the seal and there was an invitation card inside. A picture of a 14th century castle….

To be continued…