Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Isolated Rain ❯ Intersection #04 - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







Isolated Rain
------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------

"The heart has reasons that reason does not understand."
- Blaise Pascal -

---------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------

The courses of true love never did run smooth, Heero mused when he thought about a book he once read in the library when he was young. It was Shakespeare, one of the oldest and famous writers of poetry, drama, and literature. He didn't remember the book, only a quote that seemed to stick within his mind. He smiled slightly, but it faded away like the moonlight lost within the foam of the sea. After he walked of the taxi cab, paying the Spainard his money. As he saw the taxi racing off down the street in the rain in the corner of his eye, he cracked his neck and turned off the radio to his Aiwa CD player. Placing both of his hands deeply into his pockets, he walked up to the front of the Tokyo Dome, looking to see what was playing tonight. Up in lights was some unknown band's name, which unphased Heero like usual. Neutral as ever, he walked towards the ticket booth, which seemed to be empty of people.

"It's sold out," someone whispered behind him.

He didn't even have to turn around, as Heero whispered back, "Konbanwa Setsuna-chan."

Setsuna smiled as she mused, "It seems coincidence rides between the two of us, does it not?"

"Or maybe it's fate," he mused back, turning around.

Prussian blue clashed with garnet red once again, looking into each other souls for what seemed years of waiting and wanting. The rain of chastity poured upon them like tears from heaven, but they were what seemed the glory of happiness rather than a taboo of misery. Both of them stared into each other, the two standing the same -- hands digged within their pockets of their trenchcoats, hair getting damp from the outpour of rain, and the gleam of passion seemed to range within their eyes. It was only the distinct colors of skin, hair, eyes, and the their own body figures that contrasted with one another.

Questions, conserns, comments, inquires, suggestions -- they all seemed to lock between the two of their lonley souls of apathy. Even through the dusk of stillness, they were talking to each other with the chains of perpectual sorrow. Both were looking for answers they wanted to hear, both were looking for the hope that they desired, both were looking for each other. Their other self, the other part of their soul, the other he, the other she, the other. That's all they wanted. But as they looked into each other eyes, the answer seemed clear as crystal itself. It wasn't to be.

Faster and faster did the rain pour, a flood of water pouring down each of their faces, but they seemed not to care. It was then that they just started walking together, side by side, like they did the first time they met at The Jazz Messangers. However, this time, they weren't talking back and forth about past memories or lives or anything of the nature. They were just walking in the silent rain, the harsh rain, the November rain. That's all they could do, that's all they would do, that's all they did. And they wouldn't have it any other way. However, the silence wouldn't continue. Once they reached the park, Heero spoke up first.

"Would you..." he started, looking into Setsuna's eyes again, "like to go to the park?"

Noticing the irony in his statement, Setsuna gave a completely genuine smile.

"I would like that very much... Heero-chan."

// I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure
//

Everybody needs somebody, Setsuna mused, remembering a song that fit the situation that she and Heero were in currently. Together they walked into the park, which she clearly knew as "Strawberry Park," a memorial to the destroyed and original Strawberry Park in New York City. Tokyo was chosen for Goddess knows what reason to create the new Strawberry Park. It was an exact replica of the original park, but the spirit of the park was long gone and nothing could replace it. As they walked by, she spotted a rose bush, the drops of rain still fresh on them.

She gulped entirely, remembering the vase of dewdrop roses that Heero gave to her today. I never read his card, she thought, scared of what he might say. What if he asks if I liked the card? I don't know how to respond, she thought again, her garnet eyes worried entirely. If only she hadn't thought of herself at the time instead of Heero. I was so selfish, she thought, one tear straining down her face, I don't care about anyone but myself. He doesn't deserve me.

However, before she could finish her self-accusation of pity, she felt a soft, gentle hand touch her face, wiping away her lone tear. Gasping, she turned around, wondering who could sense her crying with the rain pouring as fast as it was. To her relief, and her horror, it was Heero, a solemn glint clearly there in his prussian blue eyes. Without her knowing, more tears poured from her eyes, but she was too much in shock and in worry to turn away and unlock the gaze she had with Heero. Then, without warning, he bluntly and emotionlessly said the five words that Setsuna didn't expect to hear.

"You didn't read my card."

// I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
//

"Heero," Setsuna started, but she couldn't finish it. Another shock came to her system as Heero smiled compassionately.

"It's human nature, Setsuna," he whispered all-knowingly. "Assumptions by proclimations. You can't fight it and neither can I. I know you Setsuna-chan, you are scared. Scared of a past that I don't know, and I wish not to know because you weld it so. That's why you didn't read it, and I..."

He paused, looking away from her, sighing entirely as she watched him succumb to an emotion that she seemed to notice he didn't want to give into. "I forgive you," he whispered, looking into her eyes, "but remember, I am here, and I will wait until you are ready to tell."

Gulping down her tears, she responded, "Heero, you don't know anything about me, but... you --"

"-- Care so much that I will surrender?" he inquired, mirth clearly in his eyes. Slowly, an ironic smile hindered on his face as he added, "Yeah, I know. I know all too well."

"Why then?" she asked, not even knowing she said those words, her mind off in another world.

And then he said those three magical words that seemed all too good to be true.

"I love you."

// Lying close to you
Feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever
//

She didn't gasp, she didn't move, she didn't breathe. No sounds emitted through her ears or registered with her mind. She couldn't believe what he just said. It was like a story from a fairytale, extremely unreal and imaginary. The rain was silent as ever, contradicting with the fastest pace of downpour she had ever seen. All Setsuna could do was looking into the man that just said the three most daring words ever held worthy in human history. In any language, in any country, in an dimension, those three words were the ones that pledges devotion and passion to one person.

And Setsuna couldn't believe it.

She blinked once, and whispered so gently, it seemed to echo.

"You... do?"

// I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
//

He wasn't perfect anymore. He said he wouldn't succumb to emotions, especially love. But as he said before, it's human nature. He was bound to attain all of his emotions sooner or later, with or without him knowing it. However, he knew someday that certain someone would come along. Relena was off in her own world, and even if she still cared for him, she was nothing compared to Setsuna. Relena was too much of an idealist, Setsuna had the aura of a realist. Meioh Setsuna, with the clouded mist of sorrow, mystery, and lonliness reigning around her, was in a way an aspect of himself -- a perfect soldier. But just like her, they both gave up those titles. They weren't perfect, but they weren't imperfect. They were who they were, and that's all they could be.

So when she whispered innocently and obliviousness, he just had to smile.

And that's when he held her hand with his mind, body, and soul.

"Hai, Setsuna-koi."

// I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this

I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time
//

In only one day, her world had been turned upside down by the meeting of one lonely person in the rain. Beforehand, she would have thought it ludicris to fall in love with someone within 24 hours. But this was so right, so normal, so... perfect. She didn't sense anything wrong with this. It was just ment to be. Heero was her soulmate, her other side, and nothing would seperate them. Setsuna moved her hand, grasping it with Heero's. So warm, she thought, the rain around her completely ignored from the depths of her mind. She smiled with all the love she could give, giving the answer that Heero desired as well. One day he would know. One day he would understand her past. One day he would understand the curse she was bestowed upon. But not yet. Not yet. And not now. Especially now.

So when she heard his words and the passion held within, she just had to cry in happiness.

And that's when she hugged him with all the love she had.

"And I love you too, Heero-koi."

// Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
'Cause I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
//

"The November rain will stay with us forever," she whispered, leaning her head onto his chest.

"It's not November rain," he whispered, moving her chin with his right hand.

"Then what is it?" she asked, smiling sweetly to her love.

// I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
//

"It's rain that is lonely for companionship, just like us," he said with such wisdom. "It's isolated rain."

She chuckled as she whispered, leaning closer, "Your such a poet."

"I didn't even know it," he chuckled as well, closing his eyes as she did as well.

// 'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
//

And underneath the isolated rain, in Strawberry Park, two souls became one.

Two minds and hearts never knew the meaning of lonliness again.

And Heero and Setsuna kissed with all the love they had.

// Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep, yeah
I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss a thing
//

With that, the rain stopped, and the sunlight finally arrived.

After all, nothing lasts forever.

Even Isolated Rain.


---------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------

"True love doesn't have a happy ending: true love doesn't have an ending."
- Anonymous -

---------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------




Note From Solita: Well, the intersection is connected. Would you like for me to add more to this story by getting the rest of the Gundam Wing boys and the Sailor Senshi in here or just leave it as it is? All I ask. Thanks to those who reviewed, and the same for those who at least read. It's great writing this story. I just need feedback if I should continue. Once again, thanks everyone! ^_^