Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Our Little Princess ❯ 'P' as in... Puu 'Pitiful' ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
CHAPTER THREE: 'P' AS IN... PUU... 'PITIFUL'

Peaceful and relaxing was what the Gates of Time were like, and Sailor Pluto loved it. It was just her and her cup of coffee. She closed her eyes and reveled in the addicting aroma until a beeping sound disrupted her tranquility. Sighing she stood up and walked over to another seat in front of a large monitor. Holding onto her coffee as if it was life support, she accepted the call, and her comrade appeared on the screen.

"Yo!" Sailor Uranus greeted, glancing musingly at the mug in the soldier's hand. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Yes, my life," she said calmly and took a quick sip of her beverage.

The blonde ignored the reply, and her dark-blue eyes roamed to whatever she could see on her own screen. "Anyway I heard the princess just got dropped off," she said, "So how is she?"

"Fine." She sips her coffee.

Uranus looked surprised, raising an eyebrow, "Really?" Pluto was always quiet and usually kept to herself, and everyone thought that she wouldn't be able to handle herself around children, especially babies, but maybe everyone was wrong. "You and Neptune are really something."

Pluto nodded, accepting the compliment, and sipped her coffee while Uranus continued, "Netpune's a natural of course. She has the patience and that motherly feel about her, ya know." The silent soldier just nodded and kept to her coffee, letting her friend's words slip in one ear and out the other because her world was just her and her coffee.

"I didn't even last one day with the princess," Uranus explained, "I didn't even know what to do, but Neptune was there for me."

A nod, a sip. Uranus continued, "Then there was feeding time... and not to mention potty time... Gaaaaaawd, I swore if we have to do this again, I'm resigning my senshi status!" Another nod, another sip.

It was great that the Queen had a beautiful baby girl, but she went a little too far with having each Outer Senshi be familiar with the baby. Uranus would rather have the princess at least fifteen before she was handed off to the other senshi as an additional responsibility.

"So... where's princess?" she finally asked. The soldier of time just nodded to her, causing Uranus to stare at her strangely. "Err, I was expecting a verbal answer."

Pluto finally looked up with her usual, neutral face. "Come again?"

Uranus paused for a moment, thinking something was out of place with that scene, and then shook it aside. "Where's Princess Selenity?" she asked again.

She stared at her for a few seconds, creating this eerie silence between them, and Uranus could feel the urge in her throat at wanting to scream at her, but her answer came as quiet and simple, "Sleeping."

"Oh," Uranus blinked. She wanted to say more, but unfortunately another call was coming in for her. "Aah, that's Neptune. Well have fun, Pluto." She disappeared from the screen, leaving to contemplate on her last words.

"'Fun'?" she repeated with a hint of venom in her voice. Her left eye began twitching unnaturally, and the cause of the unusual sight was not being able to last an hour with the baby princess in her arms. She remembered Neptune dropping the girl off while the soldier of the sea was checking off the supplies and giving her extra tips about babysitting.

The princess was crying nonstop even after Neptune--who spent two weeks with the baby--quickly left, and that made Pluto want to burst into tears too. Here she was one of the most powerful soldiers of the Silver Millennium (SM) reduced to babysitting just because no one has decided to invade the galaxy in search of power or in need of destruction. She should've at least filed an unemployment form to the SM Council.

She pushed the disturbing memories into the depressing area of her mind and pressed another button, bringing up another image. One that brought another shocking occurrence on Pluto's face: a smile with a pair of gleaming eyes. She watched the young pilot of Shenlong hold the princess at arm's length as if she was some unexplanable, foreign being.

"Being a guardian of space and time has its advantages," she said to the empty air. Sitting back, she relaxed with her mug of coffee and watched the screen with her plastered grin. "It's gonna be a long week." A long week for her, but YEARS for the five Gundam pilots. A brief thought crossed her mind, making her wonder if she should record these priceless moments for future amusement. Oh well, she was too comfortable to bother with it now, and their lifetime wasn't up any time soon.

Wufei's POV
And I THANK my fellow pilots for this horrible nightmare. Why did I have to be stuck at home today while... Where the hell is Yuy?!! Why is it he's never around when Quatre shoves this... this weak, crying wom--girl into someone else's care. And that Barton!!! I swear he's just at the circus to make a poor, cowardly excuse to avoid this weak, woman's job!!! I am very certain he's just dozing off in the warm, peaceful sun... WHERE I should be to meditate!!!

And that Maxwell!! After destroying his privileges of caring for the weak girl, Winner won't even let him within inches of the girl if he was unsupervised!! I clearly see the blonde's reason, but leaving me with her is even worse. What do I know about babies?!! And WHY won't she stop crying?!! WHAT'S WRONG?!! TALK, GIRL!!

My mind was filled with all these crazy thoughts and questions, but it all strangely came out to one, heavy sigh as I held the girl at arm's length, still not sure of how to hold her correctly. I guess I just didn't want to hurt her, but I just wish she could do me a favor and SHUT UP!!

Just why didn't Winner give her to me when she was ASLEEP?? At least no one was at home right now, even Maxwell who went off to run errands. "It's just you and me, girl," I told her, knowing she wouldn't understand. I slowly set her down on the couch, but her cries just got louder. Hesitating, I didn't know what else to do, so I slowly and carefully put her against my right shoulder and surprisingly, she stopped crying.

I felt so relieved and yet amazed at the same time. All she wanted was a close, secure body to hold on to. And that (people) is why women are weak... [K-chan: FeiFei is gonna get maimed (or glomped) by all the female readers for this.] But if she was my daughter, she wouldn't be weak like this. Wait, first of all I better have a son before having any girls... AAAAARGH, what possessed me to think about this?!!

At least she was quiet now, but she seemed restless in my arms as if she wanted me to take her somewhere. If that's what she wanted, then she'll get it, but this will be the only time I'm willingly surrendering to a weak girl. "Now don't tell anyone," I warned her, looking into her big, blue eyes. She giggled, and her tiny hands patted against my face playfully.

Just looking into those eyes made me see how precious and innocent life can be, and I felt very relaxed now. I began to walk around the living room, but after awhile I was bored with it, so the two of use went through the rest of the first floor. But soon after that, she seemed tired (and so was I)--the vibrant, little thing. I was so certain she would stay awake forever and spew out gibberish... just like Maxwell.

Oh dear Nataku, please spare us... ME, of having to put with ANOTHER Maxwell-like being. Have mercy on ME!! If you do, I will gladly destroy a hundred more mobile dolls!

I finally tucked her into that... thing Winner and the others called a crib. It was more like a prison!! With those four-sided barred walls! And that... that... I couldn't be frown with great disapproval of a yellow duck painted at the top headbsoard. He should've bought something plain, and then I wouldn't have to be stared at by a stupid, weak-looking creature that was supposedly cute.

I plopped myself in a comfortable seat and eventually dozed off after a pretty easy afternoon. Who knows how long I slept, but I was rudely awaken by her crying again. She was probably hungry from the tone of her voice. It was somewhat like a desperate Maxwell when we ran out of food. I checked the small, convenient refrigerator in the room and found it fully supplied. I took out a prepared bottle of milk and gave it to her, but she didn't want it.

I didn't know what else to do because she ususally cried for milk when Winner or Maxwell had her. It was that or... I groaned, slapping a hand to my forehead, remembering what the other reason could be. This will be the first and only time I'm ever doing this... not unless I feel like having kids!! Okay, no more thoughts about having kids. I feel like a mother already taking care of her!

Now I'm supposed to... I unbutton the bottom of her outfit, which I silently thank Nataku for easy access, and carefully lifted one tab of the diaper off just to make sure my guess was correct. And of course, it was by the... smell. The others will get hell from me when they get back. I grabbed the baby wipes nearby before I striped the other tab off and found... "BY NATAKU'S MERCY! WHAT THE HELL DID THEY FEED YOU?!!" I didn't mean to blurt that out, but staring at what and how much could exit the infant's body just from milk alone, it was an unbelievable sight (not to mention my first experience with changing diapers).

"And I don't blame you for crying that loud," I sympathized. Did I mention that I'm VERY glad the others aren't home right now? I cleaned her up very well, having cleanliness as one of my top priorities. I shuddered at the thought of Maxwell doing it. I rolled up her used diaper and safely threw it in the trashcan that appeared to be reserved just for that in the corner of the room. I believe it gets dumped outside in the evenings.

I left her laying there with the playing mobile overhead to keep her occupied while I went to get her diapers. Well strange enough I couldn't find any... IN THE ROOM!!! As if my frustrations weren't enough, she was tired of the stupid mobile, which I couldn't blame her for the hideous tune, and started wailing again.

I had no choice but to pick her up, praying that she wouldn't have to use the restroom again... not until I find those diapers!!! I hurried downstairs to the living room where I hoped had some extras laying around. I ran through the whole house, carrying a bare bottome baby, and found NOTHING!! NOT A SINGLE DIAPER WAS FOUND!! I looked at her laughing face and didn't find it amusing at all. I had a feeling Maxwell was somehow involved in this, and I swore by my Nataku that he will get what he deserves.

And just when I thought my day couldn't get any worse. I held her from me and looked down at my shirt, finding a wet stain dripping downwards. "Great, bath time," I seethed as if it was my worst enemy.

TO BE CONTINUED.... Will this truly be the death of FeiFei?!!! At least will he fear babies for the rest of his life and stay single?!! And D-chan, what ARE you doin'?!!! Next chapter, "Duo and His Camera".