Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Identites ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing

I will finish this chapter in 2 hours because I say so…and whatever the mother hen says, the mother hen does. Got that? ::glares at her chickadees who are taking notes::

By the way, I do know that OZ is gone, and Lady Une isn't working for them anymore, but I need OZ to be there. So, this takes place after Endless Waltz. All the pilots are working with the Preventers, and Relena is not queen yet. OZ made a comeback with a new leader, but this time; Lady Une is working for the good side. ^^ I hope you understand…

Secret Identities-Chapter 3 a.k.a. the less confusing one…

"Can you believe that?!" Rei asked, voice filled with rage.

"How dare she!" She continued, and would have, if not stopped by Hotaru's silent, warning finger.

"Wait." Hotaru's calm and collective voice came. Gesturing for Rei to follow suit, Hotaru pressed her ear against the room, listening to what was going on in the other side.

"Did you see how Rei shot at Relena two times? And you still want us to work with her?" Duo complained.

"Both of them have killed many." Trowa noted, looking over the think stack of papers, each listing the names of their victims."

"But, we have killed a lot of people, too." Quatre's voice reasoned, full of sadness. It seemed that the only people that wanted Hotaru and Rei to protect Relena was Lady Une and Quatre.

"Look at how many alias they can pull. Take Hotaru. She has pulled off this act of being more than 5 people for 2 years, without anyone knowing, unless she needed them to know." Heero acknowledged, before continuing.

"She is known to be the best undercover agent for OZ, while being one of ours. She was a low ranking undercover agent here as well, without anyone knowing that they were the same people, save us. She was a college student and teacher as well. She has proven that she can undertake as many people as she felt necessary to complete the mission. How do we know that she isn't relaying our information back to OZ?"

Hotaru and Rei pulled their heads back. They heard enough. Being resented was one thing, but being accused was another. Angrily shoving aside fellow workers, they gained access to a computer each, side by side. Hastily, they began to work on their self-assigned assignment. (A/N: That sounds weird…)

"Rei, Hotaru, Relena wants to go out to eat." Lady Une's voice came, after twenty minutes. Shrugging, Rei answered without taking her eyes off the screen.

"So let her." Shaking her head, Lady Une replied,

"She needs bodyguards." Hotaru's fingers stopped typing briefly, but then resumed as she suggested,

"Get the pilots to protect her." Sighing in exasperation, Lady Une finally commanded,

"You will go with Relena to dinner. That is an order." Narrowing her eyes, Hotaru stood up, but not before making sure that her chair made a hideous screeching noise as she stood up. Rei followed, digging her shoulder bone into Lady Une's as they brushed past. Upon exiting the room, they spied Relena leaning casually against the wall. Rei raised an eyebrow when she saw the other pilots there.

"I don't believe this." Hotaru growled, showing her frustration and anger. What was the point of them going when she had the boys there?

As soon as Lady Une saw the car leave the parking lot, she sighed in relief. Her plan was working so far. Hopefully, if things turned out right, Rei and Hotaru could settle their differences with the others, for they were not unreasonable.

***At the restaurant***

"Aren't you going to search us for guns?" Rei demanded.

"Yeah, aren't you scared that we might kill Relena?" Hotaru accused. Both we angry at being dragged here, and they were constantly telling the other in their minds.

<What's their big idea, Taru? >

<No clue, Rei, but I have a feeling that this was planned. >

<Same here. I just can't believe that this is our new mission. >

<No crap. I'd rather go back to my old undercover job as that singer. > Hotaru involuntarily shuddered at the thought, and it caught the attention of the pilots, who were now looking at her oddly.

<I don't doubt it. I'd go back to my old job as a stripper than have to baby-sit the stupid pacifist princess. >

<Doesn't she know that peace can't ever be attained? The Silver Millennium taught is that. >

<We better stop talking, Hota-chan. The others are getting suspicious. > Rei's eyes glanced briefly at the others.

"I'll have shrimp and scallop pasta, please." Hotaru told the waiter, covering up for their silence.

"And I'll have the calamari and the lobster soup." Rei added. (A/N: I can't think of anything else! I don't have a menu to look at.)

Quatre made small talk, as the rest of the group sat in silence. Trying to find a way to get out, Rei' eyes scanned the room. Eyes catching on the embroidered napkin, her eyes rested on the name of the restaurant, which she had failed to recognize when they first got there.

<Hey Hotaru. Didn't you use to work here? >

<Hey, you're right! > Hotaru smiled briefly as a plan came to mind, ignoring the confused looks that she was getting.

<I'm going to check if the panel is still there. > Standing up, she excused herself from the table, saying that she had to go to the bathroom. Once Hotaru was out of hearing range, Heero glared at Rei.

"Where is she going? The bathroom is in the other direction." He asked. Rei smiled innocently and shrugged.

<HOTARU YOU WENT THE WRONG WAY! > Rei screamed at her.

<Geez, sorry. Just tell them that there is more than one restroom in this stupid restaurant. Don't bother me. You made me lost my concentration, and my hand slipped. I have to do the combination again. >

"There is more than one restroom in this restaurant, Heero." Rei covered, using Hotaru's excuse. Confused Relena looked around.

"No there isn't." The blonde princess contradicted. Gritting her teeth together, Rei desperately wanted to pull her gun out. Thankfully, the food arrived, much to the relief of Rei. As long as her mouth was full of food, she wouldn't have to answer any of their questions.

Five minutes later, Rei looked at her empty plate and bowl and cursed fate for eating so fast and ordering so little. As the questions were being shot at her direction, she looked around for another distraction.

"Where is Hotaru?" Heero constantly asked.

<HOTARU WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! > Rei screamed once more. Hotaru's calm and quiet voice once more entered her head.

<I am currently setting the helicopter on auto-pilot. What else? The codes are set; all you need to do is find a way to meet me at the back of the restaurant. >

Smiling with satisfaction, Rei leaned back into her chair, eyes resting on the pretty waitress walking towards them.

"Would you like more water?" The brunette asked, holding up a pitcher of ice water. Rei saw that their attention was shifted, so she took advantage of the situation. Forming a small ball of fire in her hands, she threw it nonchalantly towards the brown-eyed girl. Her clothes quickly caught fire, and Rei added a bit more fire, to make sure that she would stay on fire. Quatre grabbed the pitcher of water and quickly doused the poor waitress. However, the clothes were all burnt, and it fell as the water took it down to the floor, leaving her in the nude.

"Alishia!" The waiter cried out. Rei tossed her jacket at the waitress, while running out the door. The brown haired waiter caught the red jacket in mid-air and quickly wrapped his wet girlfriend in the cotton.

"Er…sorry about that, miss. It was just that…you were on fire…" Quatre hastily apologized.

"At least everyone in the restaurant didn't see you!" Duo happily remarked, gesturing to their private dining room. The waiter glared at Duo, while the wet girl ran towards the back, to change into her spare clothes.

Rei jumped into the helicopter, and the pair flew away, hopefully, as far as they could from Relena. A sudden thought struck Rei.

"How the heck are we going to explain our disappearing act to Une?" Rei asked. Hotaru shrugged.

"Doesn't matter. How did you escape?" Rei bit her nails nervously.

"I put the waitress on fire." She answered sheepishly. Upon hearing that, Hotaru glared fully at her pyro friend.

"Did you not recognize her?" Hotaru asked. Rei shook her head, wondering what the big deal was. Hotaru sighed and added,

"That was the author, you idiot. Knowing her, she's going to let our helicopter run out of fuel and we're going to crash into the headquarters of OZ."

As if on cue, the engine started sputtering, and Rei looked at the fuel gauge. Gulping, she started praying into the air.

"Oh, great author, please save us! I learned my mistake; please have mercy on us! I promise to return back to the restaurant and make sure you get a lot of tip! Please spare our lives!" Rei rambled on, while Hotaru just rolled her eyes. Seeing the fuel gauge magically rise again, Hotaru poked Rei, for her to shut up.

"Looks like we're going to live for another day." Rei noted, as the helicopter landed.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing, Rei?"

End-for now

Author's notes: All right then…erm…I hoped you all enjoyed this short chapter. The next chapter will be longer.