Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Identites ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This chapter is dedicated to my friend and fellow author, OniiStar! Thank you so much for helping me come up with ideas…talking to me…listening to me ramble on and on about Ethan, lol…you get the point. You rock! Anyway, here is the story!

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon.

Secret Identities (I hope that this chapter will be less confusing)

She carefully pulled her car into the parking lot, and then got out, taking a briefcase with her. After a ten-minute walk from where she was on the campus to her classroom, she set her briefcase on the table, before facing her students.

"Good morning, class. Let's start with today's schedule. Yesterday you all took a written examination over what you have learned over this year. Those that failed to show up must remain here today, or they will not receive a grade at all, resulting them to fail. The rest of you may have this class off." Immediately the students started the loud chatter, as many of them started packing up. The door opened, and the principal walked in. Raising an eyebrow at the retreating students, he calmly walked over to her.

"You're late." She hissed, not bothering to make eye contact. She was seated at her desk, fingers rapidly typing on the computer.

"It wasn't my fault. Aaron hasn't detonated the bomb yet, so Trevor can't do anything about it. Right now, all we can do is wait." With that, Christian strode back out the door again. Checking to make sure she was gone, she glanced briefly at the three remaining students. Glad that their conversation was a mere whisper, she picked up a stack of papers.

"These are your tests. I expect them to be completed and on my desk tomorrow morning. Each one is different, and there are no two tests that are alike, so don't even bother cheating." At the college, she had the image of being one of the nicer professors because of the fact that they could take home their exams. Only known to her students, it was not so. Glancing at the clock, she paused, trying to decide on what to do next. As she made up her mind, she opened her drawer and pulled out a small black box. She hooked it up to her cell phone and put on her earphones. Her finger hit the speed dial, and automatically, rapid numbers were heard, and then the long, even pause of the ringing. A short click was heard before the voice spoke.

"Who is this?" A voice demanded. Changing her voice from that of authority and respect, she made it sound like happy-go-lucky 16 year old.

"Hiya, Cameron! Like, I'm sorry I'm late, but I got caught up at school, you know how it is! These teachers sure give a lot of work! I'll be seated in the cockpit in a few hours, so don't worry! Yes, sir! Alright, see you when I get back, lieutenant!" She quickly hung up, and walked out the abandoned room, locking it behind her. Checking to make sure no one was watching, she ran into another bathroom to change. When she stepped out, she was dressed in a pilot's uniform, yet she had her police badges hidden in her pocket, complete with her new false name. She allowed one of her orange eyes to wink at a student who checked her out. She flipped a lock of blonde hair behind her ear and proceeded to pay the airport a visit. On the way there, she passed by the demolition site, and felt a sense of accomplishment as they set the rocket into place. She knew the part she was to play, and if she were to play it, then she must play it convincingly. She tuned the radio to a famous pop music station, and turned the volume up, letting the bass vibrate in her car. Ignoring the looks that she was getting, she speeded off, leaving no traces of her existence behind.

"C'mon, lighten up!" She advised the guards, as she showed them her identification. All she received was a grunt of approval before the doors were unlocked. Making her way into the cockpit, she messed around with a few dials and knobs, before finally turning her attention to the programming device. Taking out a screwdriver, she started taking off the cover, revealing several wires tangled within a plate of electronical disks. She knew that he was watching her, to make sure that she did her job right, so she tried to make it seem like she didn't know what she was doing.

"OOOOO! Pretty colors!" She remarked, pointing to the wires. As she poked one, a spark flew out. Seizing the opportunity, she reeled back, as if the spark had gotten her.

"Ouchies!" She exclaimed, while shaking her hand rapidly, pretending to ease the pain.

"`Scuse me." She hastily blurted out, before retreating from the airplane. Running to the locker room, she opened the door and locked it shut behind her. Turning the correct combination, the locker popped open, and revealed a small laptop and camera. Turning them on, she could now communicate both visually and verbally. Changing out, she gave her report.

(A/N: This is to un-confuse you all. This is what has happened. Aaron has a bomb that has not yet been detonated. Trevor has a missile that is ready to go off the moment that the bomb goes off. Christian is waiting with the "secret" plan. It will start going into action the moment that the missile is ignited. Cameron has a tampered plane…)

"I hate this job." She muttered, as she faced the screen.

"Why, hello, darling! So good of you to call! Things are quite pleasant that the time being, thank you." Axel glared at her.

"This is no time to be acting." He scolded. Rolling her blood red eyes, Bridget scowled.

"You have no fun at all. We're behind schedule, by the way." Quickly nodding, the man took out a thick folder crammed with papers. She recognized the label, and it caused her to frown. It was her false record from the college.

"It appears that you never show up for Miss Jones's classes. The agency is getting worried. Should I tell them about your other alias?" Eyes widening, she quickly shook her head.

"Don't do it." She commanded, unconsciously letting her voice return to her natural one. As Axel blinked at the sudden voice change, she blinked, then finally realizing her mistake. Covering it up, she hastily added,

"To do, or not to do. That is the question. When you first fail, try, try, and try again. When in doubt, just lie." She advised. Closing the screen, her eyes wandered around the room, memorizing everything. To her horror, she spied a camera. Eyes widening, she pulled out some spare wires from the plane and began tampering with it. Hoping that it wasn't recorded, she ran out of the locker room. Hopping on a stolen motorcycle, she adjusted her preventers badge and started the long journey towards the building.

Pulling into what felt like the millionth parking lot that day, she hopped out. Blue eyes gleaming, she blended in with the many people in the halls, wearing the uniform. Passing by two people, she stopped in the middle of the hall, craning her neck around to catch the disappearing backs of the black-haired man and the man with the dark brown hair. Walking towards the supposedly locked room, she turned the handle, opening it. When she stepped inside, the room was pitch black, yet she knew that the person was inside.

"Kali Carrera, the bomb has detonated, the rocket launched, the building evacuated, the school leveled, and Oz is on your case." Carefully memorizing the information, she nodded, and then headed back out. She needed to make yet another phone call. Tying her long blue hair back, she picked up the pay phone and dialed.

"I'll be waiting." Came her reply.

A girl with braided green hair that reached her back sat down in the plush chair. Her green lizard like eyes scanned the laptop screen. The sight of her pale skin was very odd sight, but what made it more odd was that her pupils were narrow slits, exactly like reptiles. Upon closer inspection of her outfit, the badge was clearly marked, "Iris." With no last name and only a first name for an identity, the girl stood up, grabbing her jacket and heading out the door. She ran into another soldier, and quickly got up, ignoring the soldier's apologies with a cold glare. Brushing past him, she entered her superior's office.

"What is it?" She demanded. Drake groaned, hearing the first words that she said.

"You don't even say, `Hello, Drake, how was your day?' Just skip the formalities and get bluntly to the point…no wonder she hired you." Before he could say more, she cut him off.

"Am I supposed to care?" She spat, voice full of indifference.

"Actually, this meeting concerns your undercover assignment as a preventer. They might get suspicious about where you are relying your information. Now, Aaron detonated the bomb, making him non-existent. Trevor got rid of the college, Christian as well, as retaliation, while Cameron's plane crashed. You do realize that they will somehow trace these events back to us, so to do that, I need you to go back to the office as Kali and create some false information. If you can't do that, then you'll just have to think of something else. Understood?" He asked. Face still impassive, she nodded, while answering,

"Understood." The moment her foot stepped outside the door, Erica, the unofficial gossip queen at the Oz base, bombarded her with questions. Iris had stopped wondering how Erica had gotten in, but had given up.

"Come on, is there something on your mind?" She questioned.

Still walking, Iris answered, "That's none of your business." Sighing, Erica decided on another approach.

"Tell me more about yourself."

Again, Iris ignored the fact that Erica expected her to stop and answer, and kept walking.

"Why?" Happy that she had gotten a question out of the cold girl, she took the opportunity.

"I just want to know more about you, that's all. That's what friends do, anyway."

Turning around and throwing a glare at her, Iris replied, "I don't want friends." Still not caring about the short answers she was getting, Erica ran up to the emerald-eyed girl and exclaimed,

"We're going to the ice cream parlor!"

Getting angry, Iris punched the wall, leaving the metal dented.

"I'm not going." She coldly added. Erica shrugged.

"Fine, but hey, if you complain tomorrow about missing out on the fun, it's your fault!"

Throwing her bag on the ground, she pulled off the wig, throwing it on the couch. Making her way into the kitchen, she pulled out a coke from the fridge. Popping the top, she walked over and collapsed in the chair, sipping her drink once and a while.

"Tough day?" Setting her beverage on the wood table, the girl got up and faced the speaker.

"You try doing 8 people a day, every single day, 7 days a week, for two years, and in the end it all comes down to nothing, not even a raise. I'm taking a shower."

Rei nodded her head, acknowledging. Stepping into the weapons room. She started collecting the large black bags, and began packing everything in sight. Fifteen minutes later, her friend joined her. "How much time left?" Hotaru quietly inquired.

"One more day." Rei replied, still packing everything. Calmly getting up, Hotaru slung a couple bags over her shoulder and set them in the living room. Going to her room, she entered her bathroom. Pulling out a few more bags, she began piling the wigs and makeup into the bags. Once the task was done, she entered Rei's room and packed the outfits. Once the task was completed, she fell on her bed and promptly went to sleep.

Alarms sounded, awakening the two violet-eyed girls. Slowly getting up, Rei growled, before throwing her alarm clock across the room. An anger-filled voice filled the apartment, courtesy of Hotaru.

"THAT BETTER NOT HAVE HIT ONE OF MY LAMPS!"

Pushing back the covers, she groggily walked into the living room, where Hotaru was sitting on the couch. Getting up, she motioned for them to get ready. Closing her eyes, Hotaru concentrated, and then was lifted off the ground, glowing strongly of purple. Seeing this, Rei did the same, only glowing red. The lights got brighter, before filling the room and becoming brilliantly bright, blinding. As the lights died down, Hotaru and Rei slowly floated back down, with changed clothes. Quickly throwing everything into their sub-space pockets, they joined hands, merging their powers. Again, light filled the room and when it left, the two girls were left in a bare apartment. Smirking, Hotaru walked out, Rei following closely behind.

"Hotaru Tomoe and Rei Hino are here to see you, Miss Une." Quarte announced to the group. The two girls walked in and everyone turned to face them. Snarling, Hotaru asked,

"Must you always stare at us?" Narrowing her eyes when no one spoke up, she approached Miss Une; her entire body radiated her annoyance.

"What did you call us for?" Rei demanded. Finally, someone spoke up.

"There has been another threat to Relena's life, and it is necessary for her to have bodyguards." Lady Une explained. Jerking her thumb at the gundam pilots, Hotaru spat,

"That's what they are for." Immediately, Duo shuddered for the thousandth time, after hearing her old voice. Flinching at her glares, Duo shrank back, hiding behind Heero.

"She needs more bodyguards. I am assigning Hotaru and you to protect the princess." Hotaru gasped, while Rei just frowned.

Just that moment, Relena burst in the room, and promptly latched her self onto Heero's arm, knocking Hotaru out of the way. Rei quickly pulled out her gun and aimed it at Relena. In a cold voice, Rei said,

"I am to protect the princess…but you never said which princess. Relena has harmed my fellow princess." Pulling the trigger, Rei watched with sadness as Relena was shoved out of the way by Heero. Scowling, she fired another bullet at Relena, this time to be knocked out of the way by Wufei.

"JUST DIE!" She screamed. A hand was placed on her shoulder. A quiet voice spoke up…quiet, but deadly, none-the-less.

"I am safe. Spare her life. A princess should never have to kill another. We must find the Moon." The princess of Mars nodded, understanding the hidden message. Putting her gun away, she was about to leave, when she felt the cold metal against her neck. A monotonous voice explained,

"That was an attempt on Relena's life." Before he could pull the trigger, Hotaru crouched down and made him fall due to her leg sweep. Glaring at him, Hotaru left, pulling Rei out with her. Heero's mind recalled what she had whispered.

"That was an attempt on my fellow princess's life. Mind your own business."

END

Okay, so this wasn't that great, but it is better than what I had originally planned. Right now, everyone is having a hate-hate relationship…lol. Don't worry, Rei/Wufei, definitely! If this was confusing, I am so sorry! I have to make this vague, secrets will unravel in the next chapters. Everything that has happened has a purpose, from the soldier that she bumped into, to the bomb and money. It will all be explained, don't worry! Remember that reviews keep me happy!

Once again, thank you Onii-chan/star!

HINT: Hotaru is not with Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, or any of the other Gundam Wing characters…have I said too much?