Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Smile ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi there, this is my first fanfiction ever so reviews and such would GREATLY be appreciated. Now I don't own Sailor Moon OR Gundam Wing although I wouldn't mind...then i'd be RICH RICH RICH! *evil crackle* Anyways this is a songfic, i'm trying it out, I don't own this song either ok! Savage Garden do. Now on with the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hotaru: 18

GW pilots :19 'cept Trowa: 20

I don't know if I'll put all the GW pilots in here so I'm writing their age just in case.

Smile

She was walking down the street towards her beloved motorcycle headphones on her head and music blaring. People would stare when she walked by...well mostly guys to the dismay of the female population on the street. It's not like she was gorgeous or anything for she was normal looking really, she was about 5'5, not so tall with chin lenth black hair with purple highlights, she was pale looking with dark purple lipstick bringing out her dark eyes. She had a purple choker on with the sign of Saturn in the middle, a black trench coat that went to her knees with the collar pulled up covered her purple tanktop, leather pants huged her legs riding low at the waist with black boots on her feet. As she walked swinging her hips the charms at her wrist swung in the air the symbole of each planet decorating it, with a flash of purple nailpolish she switched the tape she was listening to. She got to her bike, it was black with the Saturn symbole in the front and purple flames to the side, she got on and started it up, on the outside it might look like nothing but inside was her customize baby, her pride and joy. With a roar she sped down the street heading towards the highway wind wipping her hair and the headphones still on. She never wore a helmet, she really hated them (AN: don't try that at home helmets are REALLY important) a song by Savage Garden started playing.

she's taking her time making up the reasons
to justify all the hurt inside
guess she knows from the smiles and the look in their eyes
everyone's got a theory 'bout the bitter one

~Flashback~

She was about 8, walking in the schoolyard, thinking about her father and the things he did the her in his lab. She didn't understand, didn't he love her? Because of that she closed people off, keeping to herself. She saw the looks in the eyes of the kids and teachers. She heard the whispers behind her back. She let none of the hurt she was feeling inside show in her dark eyes.

~End Flashback~

She guned her engine and went faster

they're saying, "momma never loved her much"
and, "daddy never keeps in touch
that's why she shies away from human affection"

~Flashback~

She was a bit older, walking down the halls of the school. She passed the teachers lounge and heard the conversation they were having about her. The things they "knew" that was going on in her life. All which were completely false. She turned and walked away. They never knew she was there.

~End Flashback~

She cut off a car and continued speeding down the highway

but somewhere in a private place
she packs her bags for outer space
and now she's waiting for the right kind of pilot to come
and she'll say to him

~Flashback~

She was about 12 sitting in a dark corner of the library looking at the book laying in front of her. It was about mythologie, the page that seemed well used and worn was about Hades, God of the Underworld. Her hand skimed over the page lightly, her finger tracing the edge of the dark figure, she had a far off look in her eyes.

~End Flashback~

She let the wind whip her hair and she bent lower on her bike, almost has if wanting to get warm

I would fly to the moon & back if you'll be...
if you'll be my baby
got a ticket for a world where we belong
so would you be my baby?

~Flashback~

At 14 she was leaning on her window, it was midnight, she stared at the stars longingly. Then putting a hand on the window, she looked at the full moon shining in the dark sky, it's light pushing away the darkness.

~End Flashback~

She made her Baby go faster, like she was running from something..

she can't remember a time when she felt needed
if love was red then she was color blind
all her friends they've been tried for treason
and crimes that were never defined

~Flashback~

She was 16 walking up the temple steps for the scout meeting, she was a bit early. She neared the door and heard them talking

"She's to dangerous we can't afford to have her around" Rei said

"She IS the scout of destruction after all" Ami replied next

"Guys we can't do this to her, her life as already been aweful" Usagi said in a desperate voice

The next voice brought tears to her eyes but she refused to shed them.

"Not this time Usagi, she has to give up her birthright and powers, it's the only way to prevent anything from happening" Michiru said in a sadden voice.

She again turned and walked away...this time from her supposed friends that supposedly loved her. Was this love?

~End Flashback~

A tear escaped her eye as she again pushed her motocycle faster

she's saying, "love is like a barren place,
and reaching out for human faith
is like a journey I just don't have a map for"

~Flashback~

She walked alone in the park, thinking about Usagi, the only one to have tried to defend her. Not even her "papa" tried and the things her "mama" said..Weren't mama's suppose to loved unconditionally?

~End Flashback~

She turned off the highway heading towards the Sanc Kingdom.

so baby's gonna take a dive and
push the shift to overdrive and
send a signal that she's hanging all her hopes on the stars
what a pleasant dream

~Flashback~

At 17 she was alone, lived alone, away from the others, always alone, she again looked at the stars like she had done so long ago and closed her eyes, wishing silently on the moon. She opened her eyes and looked one last time at the moon which seemed to shine more than before, she got up and went to bed, falling asleep almost instantly.

~End Flashback~

She parked in a parking space near the Sanc Kingdom park and started walking.

I would fly to the moon & back if you'll be...
if you'll be my baby
got a ticket for a world where we belong
so would you be my baby?

~Flashback~

She walked in the park, it was Valentine's Day. She looked over at a couple that were kissing quietly on the bench. She sigh, never would she have anything like this. Again like she did most her life she turned away.

~End Flashback~

Now she was walking in the park like she did on Valentine's Day the last year.

hold on....hold on.... momma never loved her much and
daddy never keeps in touch
that's why she shies away from human affection

~Flashback~

She was having a nightmare, twisting and turning in her bed, those words the teachers had said, what the kids had said still haunted her, even after all these years. She was never loved for who and what she was.

~End Flashback~

She turned and headed for the big building in the horizon

but somewhere in a private place
she packs her bags for outer space
and now she's waiting for the right kind of pilot to come
and she'll say to him

~Flashback~

She sat looking at the window of the airport, the plane taking off. She looked at the the little dot dissapearing in the horizon, she wished it was her.

~End Flashback~

She neared the building and turned the corner as she passed the door it came crashing open sending her flying, She looked up from her position on the ground to the colbat eyed man that was looking at her with worry in his eyes. He was handsome she had to admit, dressed in a black priest outfit with a long brown braid flowing on his back.

"Hey are you ok Babe?" he said in a deep voice

"Yeah" she replied

He gave her a hand and pulled her up.

"My name's Duo the Great Shinigami, I may run, I may hide but i never tell a lie. What's your name Babe?"

"I'm Hotaru"

"Firefly uh? It suits you"

Hotaru looked up the building he had come running out of.

"You work here?"

"Nah to stuffy for me, my friend Quatre own this building I was just in to give him something. You wanna grab a coffee Hotaru? As a I'm sorry gift. BTW I love what you're wearing!"

"Thanks, let's go for the coffee then.. So Duo, if you don't work here what do you do for a living?"

"Oh, well it's not much you know but i'm a pilot"

And Hotaru smiled for the first time in a long time.

I would fly to the moon & back if you'll be...
If you'll be my baby
Got a ticket for a world where we belong
So would you be my baby?

The End

Alright ppl, if you want a sequel then tell me alright, was it good, bad, awful? so tell me if i should write a sequel.