Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Time's Wheel ❯ Ch.1: Tears of Death, the Time Gate Shatters ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Lady

Time's Wheel

Ch:1 Tears of Death/ The Time Gate Shatters

Disclaimer: * Rena steps forward, a small index card in her hand. She clears her throat and begins to speak * Much to her disappointment, the author does not own Gundam Wing or Sailor Moon. She only likes to play around with everyone's mind, and for that, she takes full responsibility.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~

Tokyo, Japan 2002…

"Guys, we have a very large problem!" Ami cried over her communicator to the other girls. "My computer has picked up a powerful entity two miles northeast of the old junkyard. It looks like the negaverse again."

Ami's communicator crackled, picking up static, then a voice came through.

"We hear you Ami," Lita replied. "Start making your way there, the other scouts and I will meet you there."

"Good. Do me a favor Lita, tell the outers too. I think this is bigger than any of us can handle alone."

"Gotcha Ami. I'll see what I can do."

Ami closes her communicator and places it into the bag. Taking out her computer, she checks the stats on the entity that seems to be moving closer and closer to the city for what seems to be the hundredth time. It can't be. I have never seen anything this powerful before. It just isn't possible!

Closing her computer, she placed it in her bag with her communicator. "Time to go."

"Mercury Crystal Power!" A familiar cold feeling overcame her and ice blue ribbons surround her and then solidify to for her scout uniform. As her feet touch the ground once more, she turns toward the setting Tokyo sun and wonders sadly if it will be the last one she sees.

Hotaru rushes over to the teakettle as it screeches, signaling that the water has boiled. Carefully, she pours the boiled water over a small bag in a mug containing herbs and ginseng. Hotaru raises the mug to her lips with a satisfied sigh. The perfect end to a perfect day.

Bringing her mug of tea with her, Hotaru makes her way out into the garden. A gentle breeze lifts her purple-black hair and the setting sun sets off glints in her purple eyes. It's so peaceful. For the first time in a year, I can truly say that I am totally happy. Mistress 9 is sealed away forever, Saturn hasn't been needed for months and I can be a normal teenager. Hotaru smiles happily. Since her "death and rebirth" she has grown a lot. Her body finally looks, as it should, like a sixteen-year-old girl's.

A commotion inside hauls her out of her reverie. Feeling a bit annoyed; Hotaru sets down her mug and walks into the kitchen to find Amara talking to Michelle in a panicked voice.

"What is it Amara?"

The other two women turn at the sound of her voice. Michelle smiles brightly, but Hotaru can see that it is a forced one. "It seems that an entity has appeared near the city and the scouts are needed."

Hotaru looks at her puzzled; it has been years since a creature from the negaverse has appeared inside the city.

Amara sees the confusion in her eyes and explains. "Ami says this one is more powerful than anything we have come up against thus far. It will be a tough battle and everyone is needed."

Hotaru nods in understanding. "So were going?"

"We don't have a choice Firefly," Amara replies.

The three girls make there way outside to the garden where they can not be seen. Hotaru looks one last time at the seat she had occupied not a few moments earlier and sighs. So much for a restful evening. Oh well, duty calls again. The Scout of Death, Destruction, and Rebirth is needed once more.

"Uranus Crystal Power!"

"Neptune Crystal Power!"

"Saturn Crystal Power!"

Hotaru feels the dark ribbons slide along her body, forming her uniform. She reaches up a hand and pulls her glaive from the void where it rests, waiting for her call. When she is finished, she waits patiently for Neptune and Uranus.

Once all the scouts are in uniform, they race toward the entity's location, using trees and rooftops as a means of travel, moving undetected through the shadows.

As Saturn nears the battlefield, she gasps. The entity appears to be nothing more than a small girl, her blue hair tied up in pigtails flailing wildly because of the tremendous energy she is expelling. Her emerald eyes are full of energy, giving everyone who dared to come near enough a glimpse of the power she had locked up in her tiny body.

The inner sailors are nearly beat. Sailor Moon is barely standing, her uniform in shreds and her hair falling out from the two 'meatballs' on her head. Her hand grips her wand like a lifeline and her chest is heaving. Tuxedo Mask is unconscious near a tree, his shoulder bleeding heavily. Venus and Mars are leaning on each other for support, each one struggling to stay conciouse. Mercury is on the ground, clutching a badly sprained ankle. Jupiter is next to her, her head resting on Mercury's lap, unconscious.

The outers rush up determined to come to their princess's aid. "We won't let you get away with this you monster!" Neptune shouts. "We will defeat you!"

"Neptune Deep Submerge!"

"Uranus World Shaking!"

The two attacks twist together forming a deadly looking spiral heading strait for its target. The girl however, only laughs and makes a circle with her hands. A mirror appears in her outstretched hands and the two attacks are reflected.

Saturn watches in horror as her two friends are hit by their own attack. Trying to stay calm, Saturn jumps behind the girl and with a speed that most people would expect from her, rams her glaive through the girl's back.

The small girl screams out in rage and turns to face her next attacker.

"Silence Glaive Surprise!"

A large burst of energy surrounds the monster as Saturn's glaive strikes the ground. Saturn can't help but smile at her enemy's discomfort.

The monster however, is only more agitated than hurt and, like a small child, she takes out her annoyance by stomping her foot on the ground. "That's it." Saturn braces herself, preparing for an attack, but to her surprise, the monster doesn't turn towards her, but Sailor Moon. A large glowing sword appears in the girl's hand and she raises it above her head.

"Black Heart Strike!" Dark power courses along the blade, which the girl immediately directs in Sailor Moon's direction.

"No!" Saturn screams.

"Silence Wall!" Saturn's wall is barley up in time to protect her princess. The wall shutters under the force of the attack and eventually shatters.

"Space Sword Blaster!" Uranus hits the girl in the back while she is distracted. The attack is successful in ripping a gaping hole in her back. "Saturn run! She is too powerful."

The girl roars in anger. "That's it! If I have to go, you are coming with me!" Using her sharp sword, she cuts what appears to be a hole in the air, a black rip. The girl's lips curve up in a smile. "Heh, this will take care of all of you." The remaining scouts watch in horror as the rip appears to suck in everything around it slowly.

Saturn stares into her friend's eyes and sees the pain there, the memories, and the love. She find tears streaming down her cheeks as she looks around at the other scouts, their bodies torn and bleeding, cut in many places.

Cuts she would never get to heal.

Uranus is right. That child is very powerful. I don't know what that is she just formed, but from the looks of it, nothing normal can stop it.

After taking one last deep breath, Saturn charges, bringing her glaive down and taking a vicious slice out of the girl's sword arm, at the same time moving her against the portal. The girl screams in what can only be pure pain. Then, with a devilish smile on her face, she switches her sword to her other hand.

Saturn's world dims as the sword impales her. Then, with tremendous effort, she slides the sword from her body.

"How…?" the girl stutters, her confidence shattering.

"I will defeat you the only way I know how, even if it costs me everything I hold dear. I will protect those I care for the most."

Raising her glaive above her head, she prepares for her final attack. Blood streams form the gaping hole in her stomach, but she ignores in, not even bothering to heal it.

Uranus's eyes light up, finally comprehending what her friend plans to do. "No! Hotaru don't! It will destroy you too!"

Saturn allows her tears to run from her eyes and down her cheeks freely, not afraid to show the sorrow that she feels. "Goodbye my friends. I will miss you all."

"Death Rebirth Revolution!"

Saturn feels the energy in her body leave her. The rip pulls her and her enemy in and thanks to the huge power of her attack, closes behind them with a large release of energy. Pain rips through her body, tearing it apart.

Then there is only silence and blackness and a cold wind comes to claim her.

Gundam Wing Universe

"Duo you braided baka, get back here take your punishment like a man!" Duo ran for his life as Wufei chased him with a very long, very sharp katana. "If I ever catch you Maxwell, I'll chop that braid off your head. Perhaps that will teach you not to cross me."

Duo makes a sharp left at the corner, almost running over one of the servants. That was one thing Duo loved about the Winner mansion, there were many places to hide and you never ran out of running space.

As he runs down a long flight of steps, he hears the sound of Wufei's curses. "Duo!!!" I guess he found my toolbox. I had wondered where I put that thing. Now how did it end up in the middle of the hallway?

The door to the study looms up in front of him and he makes a mad dash for it. After taking a moment to look at his surroundings, he spots Quetre at one of the desks reading a book. Finally!

"Quetre help! Wufei's after me again!"

Quetre sighs and smiles at his friend as he comes charging down the hall. "What did you do to him this time Duo? You wouldn't have nearly as many problems with him if you would just leave him alone."

"I know, but I would never have any fun if I didn't."

Despite his efforts, Quetre couldn't help laughing. Despite his efforts, those two always seemed to get the best of the blonde hared blue eyes Arabian. "Okay, I'm sure Wufei will be in here in a minute. We'll see what he has to say."

Duo visibly pales. "Thanks."

Right on cue, Wufei appears in the room, his Katana in hand and breathing hard. "Quetre, move aside, I'm going to skin that little baka alive!"

Quetre moves between Wufei and his victim with little fear on his face. "Calm down Wufei, I'm sure whatever Duo did, he didn't mean it."

Wufei crosses the room, moving toward Quetre. "Quetre you don't understand, he painted my bathroom a bright purple! Injustice!"

Quetre's eyebrows shot up in surprise and he turns to Duo.

"It wasn't purple," Duo says, standing his ground. "It was lilac."

Wufei raises his katana again, anger plain on his face. "Why you ignorant…"

Quetre meanwhile, looks puzzled, and then suddenly, begins to laugh. The other two boys stare at him as he collapses into hysterics.

Finally, Quetre recovers his breath and manages to speak. "I'm…I'm sorry Wufei, but it is kind of funny and the look on your face right now is priceless!"

Wufei, stares at the blonde boy, but finally lowers his Katana. Even though the pure hatred seems to have left his face, he still glared at Duo with contempt.

Quetre turns to Wufei, still smiling. "Wufei, if Duo paints over the lilac, would you please consider leaving him alone?"

"I suppose, as long as it's an appropriate color."

"Good, Duo?"

Duo shrugs and nods in response.

"Good, now that that's settled…"

"Oh no, Wufei's got his katana out. Duo what did you do now?"

The three boys turn toward the door to see Trowa and Heero coming toward them. Heero walks over to Duo gives him his death glare. Duo tries his best to avoid the look. No emotion shows on Heero Yuy's face, it is as if it is carved from ice. His Prussian blue eyes seem to bore a hole in him. Even though Heero is one of his best friends, Duo still feels a slight chill every time time he enters a room.

Trowa stares at him from across the room. Trowa also shows no expression, but his eyes show all that Duo needs to know. Even though he doesn't laugh out loud, his eyes dance in merriment.

"Well you see…" Quetre begins, but is interrupted by the wailing alarm outside the room.

"Attention Gundam pilots, the Red Wings are attempting to attack us," cries the voice of Sally Poe over the intercom.

"Here, now?" Quetre asks. "They've never tried to attack us at home before."

"Not that it matters," Hero says calmly. "Come on, we'd better get to the Tauruses."

Duo follows the others into the mobile suit hanger. This is one of those times when I regret getting rid of my Gundam. But then again, we never expected terrorists after the war.

Duo faults up to the cockpit of his Taurus. As he powers it up, he groans loudly. "Shit, I'm out of fuel!"

"Don't worry about it Maxwell," Heero says over the intercom. "Just refuel and join us when you can."

Duo groans. "But by the time I refuel, you guys will be finished with them!"

"Your fault Maxwell, you should have refilled your tanks the moment you finished the last mission," Wufei says, a little too happy about it.

"All right, I know. See ya guys in a bit." The other pilots take off, leaving Duo to his job.

The fueling seemed to take hours, but when he was finally finished, he launched quickly.

The Great Destroyer is back! The familiar feel of empty space comforts him. The L12 colony is one of the few that is nearly completely isolated.

The scene that greets him however, is a sorrowful one. Trowa's Taurus is missing an arm, and part of a leg, making in nearly useless. Quetre finds himself in a similar situation, with only one arm and his Taurus out of ammo. Wufei is struggling to remain conscious with a large piece of metal through one arm and a huge gash on his forehead. Only Heero's Taurus is fully operational.

"What in the hell are you guys doing?" Duo screams.

"They were much more powerful than we thought," Quetre answers weakly.

Duo stares at the mobile suit in front of them. It looks very similar to Epion, with the whips for a weapon and the blood red armor.

"Is that a…" Duo starts.

Heero nods. "Yes, they've built a Gundam."

A horrible laugh comes over the intercom and the face of the pilot comes onto the screen. "Well, you're the last of them. I must admit you fought well, but as you know the suits you have are no mach for a Gundam."

"Who the hell are you!" Duo shouts.

The man smiles, a spark of light illuminating his gray eyes. Removing a strand of black hair from his eyes, he stares calmly at Duo. "I'm General Amarad, leader of the Red Wings. You Gundam pilots have caused the deaths of many. It is my job to clean up after you."

Duo smiles. "All by yourself."

Amarad laughs. "Of course not. NOW!"

Suddenly the area is filled with mobile suites. "I could never take all the glory."

"Damn," Duo mutters. "I just had to open my big mouth."

"Well, it's been fun talking to you, but I'm afraid I must carry out my mission now."

The strange Gundam surges forward and removes one of the arms from Heero's Taurus with one of its whips. Hero fights valiantly to try to keep off Amarad's attacks.

Meanwhile, Duo is busy defending the other pilots from Amarad's troops. At least these are normal suits. If they were Gundams this might be a problem, but even I can handle this. Duo moves swiftly and dodges a round of bullets sent by and enemy suit. Then, using a lightsaber, he splits it in twine. "You all are no match for me, why don't you just go home!"

"Gotcha!"

Duo turns form his own battle and stares off in Heero's direction. Amarad has a tight grip on Heero's Taurus, ready to crush the suit in half with its two whips. "Its over boy," Amarad says triumphantly from the cockpit.

NO! Heero! Duo surges forward, not caring about the enemy suits, and grabs onto Amarad's Gundam, holding on as tightly as he can.

Amarad releases his grip on Heero and turns his attention to this new annoyance. "Well, that was brave. Foolish, but brave."

Duo looks around at the wreckage around him. Well this is quite a predicament. At this rate, this is a losing battle. But…

Memories bombard him, taking control. Heero, pointing a gun at him the first time they met. Quetre's smile, Trowa's serious face, Wufei chasing him around the Winner house. They really do mean a lot to me. But do they mean that much?

Duo smiles. He already knew the answer to that question. With a sigh, he flips oven the panel on his dashboard, revealing a single red button. "Well, it looks like this is it. You guys get out of here."

"Duo no!" Heero shouts, realizing what Duo intends. "I can't let you do that!"

Duo only shakes his head. "You don't have a choice, and neither do I. Its either all of us die here and leave these terrorists to claim this world, or…"

"Duo!"

"I'm sorry." Duo pushes the button. Pain seers through his body, metal stabbing him in several places. He is slightly surprised to taste a coppery liquid in his mouth as the world begins to fade, becoming darker and darker until everything is black.

"DUO!!!!!!!!!!!"

Goodbye.

He feels his body being sucked into something, the world collapsing. Then, there is only darkness.

Time Gate

"What is going on?" Sailor Pluto cries as the orb on her staff begins to glow fiercely. As quickly as she is able, she runs up to the time gate. The gate is glowing a bright red. A ripping sound can be heard coming from all directions at once.

"Oh no, this can't be what I think it is!"

Suddenly, the sound of metal bending can be heard as the time gate twists and shutters. Then, with a loud crack, it shatters completely. Holes appear in the air around the area where the time gate used to be.

Pluto watches helplessly as something passes through the remains of the gate. Not one something, many somethings.

"The time gate has just shattered," Pluto says, her voice beginning to sound panicked. "Dimensions are opening up everywhere. It isn't possible. It would take a tremendous amount of energy to destroy the time gate."

But something did it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~