Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Time's Wheel ❯ Index (just a little something) ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Lady

Time's Wheel

Index

Luc: Dragon Lady has put me in charge of this part of the story. This is the index and it will help her readers figure out why she put certain things in the story. It is necessary to read this section, as it will help clear up some questions; that and it is also quite interesting. Please note that not everything in here is entirely accurate and that the author could be wrong. If there is any information (or ideas) that anyone would like to add, do not hesitate to let us know, it just my be woven into the story. This will be updated regularly as the story continues on, so check back often.

The Keys and the Symbols:

Sorrow

Chartres Labyrinth: The path to insight; leading to knowledge and self-healing.

Thistle: A sacred plant, credited for its curative powers.

Hope

I Ching: Union of opposites, Yin and yang-interconnection of past, present, and future.

Phoenix: Immortal creature, symbolizing regeneration of man's indestructible spirit.

Trust

Owl: A sacred magical bird providing protection and enlightenment.

Moon: Sister mother earth, weaver of fate and controller of destinies.

The Significance of Names in the Story (meanings):

Alaois- mighty battle

Aine- fairy queen

Iain- God's gracious gift

Bran- Raven

Morgana (Morgan)- from the sea

Eileen- Bringer of light

Cecil- Blind

Dannan- From De Dannan (Irish), means the spirit people

Alpha- The first

The Creatures/Objects:

Pooka- This creature has its origins in Irish myth. It is most feared at night and is said to cause great harm and mischief. It takes a variety of forms, but it is most often seen as a sleek, dark horse with sulphurous yellow eyes and a wild mane.

Tengu- These creatures are from Japanese legends and are winged guardians of the forest. I have heard a lot of different things about these creatures. They started out as mischievous demons that were only out to cause trouble, but eventually evolved a more helpful kind of demon, becoming teachers.

Merrows- These appear in Irish legends. They are members of the Sidhe and inhabit Tir fo Thoinn (land beneath the wales).

Grogoch- (the thing that Duo and Hotaru met in the forest at the cottage) These are creatures from Irish myth that resemble small, elderly men covered in fur. They are said to have the power of invisibility and often help humans with domestic chores.

Banshee- Irish heralds of death, they are seen in three forms 1) A young woman 2) A stately matron 3) An old hag. It is also common to see her in the form of a washer woman, washing out blood. They may also take the forms of a crow, stoat, hare, or weasel. They are said to cry/howl the coming of someone's death. The three forms represent the triple aspects of the Celtic Goddess of War and Death.

Abadon- A creature out of biblical legend, the name meaning "Angel of the Bottomless Pit." It was also that dead creature that if you played Final Fantasy 8, was the boss before Esthar.

Blue Dragon- Guardian of the East signs of the Japanese Zodiac (sorry, don't know more than that).

Ragnarok (Duo's sword)- This is the Norse myth of the End of the World (apocalypse) in which the giants will invade the realm of the Gods, either creating the ultimate end or a new beginning. The name means "Doom of the Gods."