Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ To Trust and Love Again ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

~Hotaru's Dream ~

"Cold?"

She watched as she saw a young man with golden-blonde hair wearing light gold clothes and another young man with chestnut brown hair done in a long braid wearing a black cloak and held a scythe turned to look at her. Her violet eyes twinkled with death and life as she looked at her planet's visitors. "Prince Quatre and Prince Shingnami welcome to Saturn."

Quatre bowed and smiled, "Hello Princess Saturn, Serenity sends her hellos."

Shingnami winked at her, "Death be not prouder for finding a beauty such as yourself."

She rolled her eyes in annoyance and smiled at the two, "So, is it true that Queen Serenity is going along with the alliance between Earth?"

Quatre smiled and all fears of death vanished as he began to talk to his sister's friend and chuckled silently at his best friend. "Hai. She can't wait to see you, Saturn."

"I was just there last month." She smiled at him.

"Wow . . . this is so cool!"

Quatre shook his head as he watched his friend stare at a fountain with black water flowing freely. Saturn rushed up to him and grabbed a hold of Shingnami's hand, "Don't touch the sacred waters of Saturn."

He smiled and looked back at the fountain, "What's so sacred about these waters?"

"Because, it tells us who wasn't supposed to die."

He stood tall with his scythe in hand, "Look, I choose who dies. That's why they call me the God of Death."

"And it's because of your stupid decisions that makes the royalty of Saturn give life back to those who you killed!"

"It's my job and part of their destiny."

Quatre took a step back as he saw a black flame flicker in Saturn's eyes, and chuckled to himself as he watched the two bicker about death. "It's everyone's destiny to die . . . but you get bored and decide to take a life away because you think it's their time."

Shingnami glared at her as his grip tightened around his scythe, "Listen Babe, when they die it is their time to do so."

"Says who?"

"Me."

Saturn balled up her fists as she continued to keep her eyes on his cobalt eyes, "Why you . . ."

"Princess Saturn, is that any way to talk to our guests?"

She cringed as she heard her mother's voice and wanted to backhand the prince of death as she watched him bow at her mother and kissed her hand, "Now, I know where your beautiful daughter gets her looks from. A pleasure to meet you, Queen Saturn."

She winked at her daughter and smiled back at him, "Why, what a charmer." She flipped back her raven hair and smiled at Quatre, "Welcome, Prince Quatre." She motioned for them to follow her and her daughter, "How is Queen Serenity?"

Quatre looked up at her ageless skin and chuckled. "Wanting to pull her hair out due to Serenity."

"The alliance for Earth, I'm presuming?"

"Yes, your Majesty."

"Prince Quatre, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't like the formalities?"

"I'm sorry, Queen Saturn."

"I'll forgive you." Gesturing for her travelers to sit down, "Please, sit." Shingnami sat on the right side of Saturn while Quatre sat on the left. Shingnami grinned like he was on cloud nine and chuckled lightly as he noticed the princess grumbling and saying a few words in her tongue, Satarian. "I am sure you are wondering why I've asked you to come."

"Yes."

The Queen and King both looked at their daughter and at the young man who will be the next ruler to the underground. The Queen smiled at him, "My husband and I are searching for a suitor for our daughter to wed. We've asked you to come because we think you will be perfect for our daughter."

"What?!"

Saturn and Shingnami shouted and stood up to look at the King and Queen for the same reason. Shingnami looked at them with a black aurora slowing emitting from his body, "You think I'm right for your daughter?"

The King stood up and took over the situation. The King of Saturn also had raven black hair and a deep voice. "We've discussed this issue with your parents, Hades and Demeter, and they both agree that you should take our daughter's hand in marriage." His black eyes looked at his daughter and knew he betrayed her. He watched her turn around to leave the throne room, and raised his voice loud enough for it to carry throughout the black marbled room, "Whether you two agree to this marriage or not, it is time for you to take the throne."

Saturn turned around with a black furry blazing in her violet eyes as she eyed her parents, "I WILL not marry to HELL! I'd rather die one-thousand times then live with . . . with Satan, himself!"

~~~***

"Saturn, I heard the news."

Saturn lifted her head and smiled weakly at her best friend, "Serenity, I hate my parents. My life is over!"

Serenity tucked her dress in as she sat down next to her friend with a smile on her face, "Shingnami isn't that bad."

"Then why don't you marry him?"

Her eyes wide open as she laughed off the question, "If I married Shingnami, it would be like marrying Quatre. How gross is that?"

No reply. Saturn began to pick at flower petals with a frown on her face, "I'm only seventeen. I want to marry for love, Serenity."

Serenity looked to the lake, "Saturn, I think you should give Shingnami a chance." She looked back at her with a small smile, "I know you can relate to him more than you know."

"Like how?"

"Well . . . you both control the life of others and have the presence of death floating around you all the time. I know you don't have the powers over death, but what is death without life?" She stood up and began to walk towards the palace, "I'll see you around, Saturn."

~~~****

Shingnami held up his hand and looked at the King Saturn and their guests, "Before he pronounces us King and Queen, I would like to give my queen a gift." He smiled at her and gave her wink as he noticed her eyes fill with curiosity. He closed his eyes as he held his scythe before him and chant a language only he would understand. As he chanted a forgotten language a dark purple color began to cover his scythe. He opened his eyes and tapped his scythe on a ground. He caught two scythes and one was still glowing the dark purple color. He grinned as he looked back at Saturn and handed the glowing scythe to her, "For you, Beautiful."

She was flabbergasted as she looked at the gift he created for her, a scythe identical to his. She closed her eyes as she felt the dark purple permeate her soul as she held the scythe in her right hand. She opened her eyes and examined her new look with a smile. She noticed her black dress the flowed freely to the floor with a slit in the front reaching her mid-thigh and black army boots reaching her knees. She tightened her grip around her scythe and looked at him, "Thank-you." She kissed him on the lips and looped her left arm through his right arm.

~~~~***

She was standing in the Moon's garden and took her scythe and began to swing it around like a grim reaper and felt the tip of her scythe clash with another metal. Her violet eyes glared at her intruder as she noticed it was her husband, "What do you want?"

"To come and talk to you." He said as he blocked another one of her swings, "What is your problem?"

"You," she said with venom as she swung at him only to find him block her attack.

"What did I do?"

"For one, married me! For two because you think everything is fun and games. For three because you married me!"

He quickly cut her off, "Hey, your excuses number one and three are the same. To let you know," he blocked another one of her attacks, "you ruined my life for marrying me! As for your second excuse, at least I know how to have fun instead of acting like I have a scythe up my but!"

She crossed her arms as she watched him rub his left cheek, "You know, I really hate you!"

Cobalt crashed with violet as they stood there having another argument, "At least you have some feelings for me, considering the fact that I love you."

"What?" She took a step closer to him, "You don't mean it, Shingnami. You're a player that thinks they know what love is."

"No, I love you, Saturn." He let go a sigh as he took a step towards her, "We're perfect for each other, Saturn. We balance each other out."

She shook her head wanting not to believe his words, "No . . . we're not."

Shingnami set his scythe down and wrapped his arms around her as he began to rock her, "Yes we are. Saturn," he looked at her with a feeling only meant for her. A feeling that went beyond any lovers, it was a feeling of two soul mates bounded together by fate and destiny, "I watch you look into the sacred waters of Saturn and I notice your tears for those who died. I watch you wanting, no yearning to fit in with your friends but you know it's not possible." He gave her a half-smile as he looked into her deep violet eyes, "I know how you feel."

"How do you know what I feel?"

His thumbs began to wipe her tears away as he continued to look into her eyes, "Emptiness. I know how it is to look at someone and know how they're going to die. You think I take life as a joke? Believe me, it's only an act to elude my friends so they won't know the truths of what I see every day, night, and even in my sleep." He kissed her forehead and reached with his left hand for her scythe. "Saturn," he said as he motioned for her eyes to look at her scythe, "I watch you every day train with your scythe and have to smile. You must promise me something."

"Shingnami," her eyebrows knitted together as she heard the concern and serious tone to him, "what is it?"

"You must promise me, Saturn you won't tell a soul what I'm about to tell you."

"I . . . promise."

He stepped away from her as his hand rubbed the back of his head. He let out a deep sigh and looked at her with a troubled mind. She knew this was serious if the sparkle in his eye vanished. "I don't know how to say this, so I'll just tell you straight out that you're no longer known as Saturn of Rebirth."

A black flame flickered in her eyes as she heard what he said. "WHAT?!" She took a step towards him with her right hand gripping around her scythe tighter, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, I'M NOT SATURN OF REBIRTH, SHINGNAMI?!"

A nervous laughed escaped him as he continued to take a step back from her wrath, "If you'd calm down long enough for me to continue then I will!" Another sigh was heard as he looked at his queen, "When I created that scythe, I gave you half of my power, meaning, you have power over death. Therefore, you are known as Saturn of Death and Rebirth. I know what you're thinking, Saturn. The reason why I gave you half of my power is because you are my queen and will stand by my side. Not only that, but I know how you feel helpless when it comes time to protect Princess Serenity. That's why I gave you the power that I did, so when the times come you can protect your princess like you want to."

She looked at her scythe and back to him with a look of compassion, "You mean, you gave me this scythe with your power knowing that you could be banished?" She giggled as she took his silence as a yes. "Answer me a question, Shingnami, is there another reason why you gave me this scythe?"

He smiled at her and walked up to her and enveloped her in a hug, "Yes. You are my queen and my wife, and think its right for you to have the power of death. That way, you can keep me in line by taking people's lives." He kissed her on the lips and laughed, "Also, it's a gift of my love to you, Saturn. We are and always will be one."

She wrapped her arms around him. "Shingnami," she looked at him with an understanding written on her face, "you're the first person who completely understands me. I guess I was wrong about you." She giggled as she saw him looking at her with a confused look, "I'm glad that my parents decided to have me marry you. I don't think anybody else would understand me." She leaned up on her toes and kissed him, "Thank-you."

~ End of Dream ~

Hotaru woke up and stretched her muscles as her eyes noticed something glimmering in the corner of her room. Focusing her eyes on the shining object, she let out a gasp the dream played over and over in her mind. Kicking her legs over the bed, she walked over to the corner and stared at the object, "My scythe." She reached slowly for her scythe and wrapped her fingers around her handle. She closed her eyes as she saw a purple light emit from the blade. What's going on? She opened her eyes and let out a scream as she saw her nightgown gone and was replaced with a black dress from her dreams.

"Hotar-"

Hotaru looked to her door as she saw Michelle and Amara looking at her with wide eyes and their mouths open far enough for a fly to enter. Michelle looked over the eight year old and croaked out, "What happened?"

Hotaru looked into her full-length mirror and giggled, "I'm no longer in an eight year old body."

Amara cleared her throat and walked closer to Hotaru. "We can see that. What the hell happened, what the hell are you wearing, and how in the hell did you grow so . . . fast?"

Hotaru looked down at the floor and back up to her adopted parents, "That's exactly what happened - I married to Hell." She smiled at them as she walked closer to them, "I had a dream," she stopped as she pondered to the dream she had and shook her head. "Correction, I had a memory in form of a dream about the Silver Millennium. A memory that showed me, Prince Quatre and Shingnami at Saturn and my parents talking about me marrying Shingnami." She sat down on her bed with her scythe laying in her lap, "It switched to me talking to Princess Serenity about why I didn't want to marry Shingnami, then it went to my wedding day, and finally it left off to Shingnami and I having a dispute to a resolution."

Amara leaned against the doorway with her arms crossed and looking at Hotaru with an unpleased look. "This doesn't tell me what the hell happened, how the hell you grew so fast, and what the hell you are wearing."

Hotaru looked up at Amara and felt guilt. "Amara, when I woke up I saw my scythe in the corner and grabbed it. When I grabbed it this dark purple light enveloped so I closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes this is what I saw."

Michelle giggled at the father role Amara was putting on and smiled at Hotaru as she sat next to her on the bed. "I think what happened is when you had that memory it awakened you, and I think Pluto had something to do with why your scythe was in your room." She brushed back Hotaru's hair and gave her a motherly smile, "I think this is your true form, Hotaru. Not a little girl who grows to be around the age of sixteen or seventeen when she is needed as Saturn, but a teenage girl."

"You're right to why the scythe is in her room and also, I am the one who sent you that dream."

"Pluto!" Amara, Hotaru, and Michelle yelled as they saw Pluto standing in the middle of the room.

Hotaru's smile faded as she looked into the eyes of the Time Guardian, "What happened to Serenity?"

Pluto looked at her and said nothing. She looked at the rest of the Outers and knew if she did tell them what happened, someone would do harm to her and another. "She is okay. She was badly wounded in a fight with a youma and wished for the crystal to take her another place. That is why I am here, to take you three to her."

Amara looked at her and could tell she was hiding something. "Why not the inner scouts?"

Pluto looked at her and shook her head, "Jupiter and Venus are with Serenity-hime as I speak. Mercury and Mars were captured by the enemy at this last battle." She began to create a portal for them. "Besides, there's been a part of the Silver Millennium hidden from all of us. That is why we must go to this dimension where hime is."

Hotaru stood up from the bed and closed her eyes as another flash of light filled the room. When she opened her eyes she giggled as she looked at three shocked people, "Did I mention that I can transform to Sailor Saturn now with out using my transformation pen?"

"How?"

Saturn laughed at Arama, "Honestly, I'm slowly remembering what I can do with my powers."

Michelle laughed at her and stood up with her transformation pen in hand. "NEPTUNE PLANET POWER!"

Amara shook her head and held up her pen, This is going to be exciting. "URANUS PLANET POWER!"

Pluto smiled at Saturn with a motherly look and at her friends with a small smile, "Lets go."

~~~~~****

"How is she, Lita?"

Lita quietly shut the bedroom door and shook her head at Mina. "I can tell the crystal has been healing her to the best of its ability, but I haven't seen an improvement."

Mina placed her hand on Lita's shoulder and looked back to the closed door, "Why don't you go and get some rest. I'll stay up and keep an eye on her."

"What happened to Koneko?"

Lita and Mina both looked to the hallway to see Amara, Michelle, Trista, and a grown up Hotaru standing in there. Lita looked at Amara and walked past her to the living room. Mina rolled her eyes and followed her, "Why don't we go to the living room and we'll tell you what happened. But, what I'd like to know," she said this as she gave Hotaru a wink, "what happened to Hotaru."

Hotaru giggled as she followed Mina to the living room, "Well, Trista thought it would be a good idea for me to be seventeen." She smiled at her and sat down on a tan leathered rocking chair, "I think it's great, don't you?"

Mina laughed as she sat on the floor next to Hotaru. Counting on her fingers with the many things Hotaru could do now, she smiled from ear to ear. "Just think, we can scope out boys together, go shopping, flirt, go to clubs-"

"I think you're forgetting about what happened to our princess."

Mina's bubbly spirit quickly faded as she remembered hearing and seeing things on her communicator that would make Amara's skin boil. "Um, we don't know."

"What do you mean `we don't know?'"

Lita stood up and looked at Amara with an unknown anger, "We were knocked out from the battle with the youma."

"You should have been protecting her."

Lita took a step towards Amara with a fist formed, "Yeah, we should have, but where in HELL were you and protecting Serena?"

"No one informed us on the attack."

The two fighters were mere inches away from throwing a punch. They were breathing down each other's necks and promised each other not to cross their paths. "Funny, considering you usually feel the attacks and are at our aid, Amara. So, I'm asking you, WHERE IN THE HELL WERE YOU?!"

Michelle calmly stepped up to Amara and placed a hand on her shoulder and noticed Mina doing the same with Lita. "We didn't feel any form of an attack, Lita."

"Why don't we all go to bed? You five have school tomorrow."

"But we just got here," Hotaru said as she looked around the spacious living room.

"Time travels differently here than back at home, Firefly."

"How so?"

Trista looked at them and back at Hotaru, "This world is twenty-four hours ahead from home. Now, all of you get some rest because tomorrow will be a big day."

Hotaru was the first one to leave followed by Mina. Hotaru looked at Mina as they were heading for their rooms, "Something serious happened to Serena, didn't it?"

Mina gave her a nod and walked to a close door, "I rather not talk about it, Hotaru. Why don't you go and see her."

Hotaru looked to the darkened room to see a shadow of a body laying in a bed, "Come with me, Mina." Mina and Hotaru both walked to the bed and looked at their princess. Hotaru turned on the lamp and saw the bruises on Serena's cheek along with a cut that's slowly healing. She closed her eyes and placed her hands on Serena's chest. Five minutes rolled around and Hotaru opened her eyes with tears running down her cheeks. She looked up to see everyone standing behind her and wiped away her tears with her shirtsleeve. "I did everything that I could."

"Hotaru?" Amara asked with a worried voice, "What's wrong?"

Hotaru looked her in the eyes and hoped the images she saw were not real. She cleared her throat and began to walk out of the darkened room, "Her soul has been shattered."

Amara looked at Trista with questions forming in her eyes, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Amara, its up to Serenity to tell you what happened. All I will say is this, Endymion caused her great pain." Trista ushered them towards the door and spoke to them in a motherly tone, "You get some rest. I'll stay up and watch her."