Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Pure Blood ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own The Vision of Escaflowne or Gundam Wing. They are owned by Sunrise and Bandi and their own respective creators.

Author's Notes: I am working on another Esca/Gundam crossover called EscaGundam with my koibotio and partner, BatBarnes. This is entirely different in tone and setting. I hope you enjoy.

Timing: Van had just slaughtered the Dragon Slayers in Esca and in GW, right after Endless Waltz.

Pure Blood Part One: Misplaced Pilots and Former Princess

By: Elf

Relena Dorlian watched as the congregation of the press and the delegates began to leave from her speech. She sighed as she rested her forehead against the wooden podium. She was bone tired and wanted to rest. She needed to rest.

She saw a familiar, unruly dark-brown hair retreat from the balcony. She stood up and ran up to the stares of the familiar balcony. "Heero!" she shouted as she ran. The lithe figure turned and her heart skipped a beat. It was Heero, in the flesh. His dark brown hair spilled into his unfathomable blue eyes as he looked at her. She swallowed, her breath catching in her throat.

"Relena," he replied, walking toward her. Her heart was pounding. She remembered him being in the hospital, being treated for exhaustion and internal injuries after the Maremaia incident. Then he had apparently checked himself out.

She swallowed and resisted the urge to throw herself at him. He was alive, real and in front of her, wonderfully touchable. She smiled and asked, "How are you?"

"Alive," was his curt reply.

******

Hitome shivered and wrapped her arms around herself. The vision had been all too detailed in its clarity. The boy's haunting dark eyes still kept looking at her, reminding her all too much of a certain young king.

"Hitome! What are you doing?" the loud and annoying female voice called at her. Hitome sighed and looked to see Merle running toward her, her long orange tail twitching. They were on the airship Crusade, heading to who knew where except away from Zaibach.

Hitome turned away from the cat girl and sighed. She answered, "I was thinking until you came along."

"Oh, so sorry to disturb the girl from the Mystic Moon," Merle replied sarcastically.

Hitome glared and asked, "Don't you have anything better to do, anyone else to bother?"

"Not really. Besides, you're so fun to . . ."

"Enough, Merle," Van cut in. Hitome turned to look at the young king. He had been pulled back from the edge of death and insanity in the last week. There was something frightened in his sherry colored eyes, like the look of a wild animal. Merle stuck her pink tongue out before scampering away.

He leaned against the wall, his elegant body carrying himself so well. It was hard to not look at him, she realized. She had noticed how his wild ebony hair had fallen into his face the first time they had met, the strong look of his features, that sheer determination.

He asked in his melodic voice, "What did he look like?"

"Like you. Just change the eye and hair color and he was a little bit more muscular than you, but he looked a lot like you," she answered, looking at him directly. He blinked, looking surprised. Most guys she had known, even Amano, would have been jealous that she had noticed that the mysterious Draconian was more muscular than they were.

She sighed as she remembered the rest of the vision. She said, "Zaibach needs him for something that I can't figure out, Van. They need his blood."

She was about to say something else when it hit her, suddenly, like a punch. She gasped and swayed, noting Van's strong arms around her. She would have appreciated the feeling if she wasn't swarmed with the vision.

The boy was talking to a girl his age. She was beautiful with long, dark blond hair tied back from her face and clear, intelligent, dark turquoise eyes. She had almost a regal bearing to her, someone who had carried a great deal of responsibilities on her slender shoulders.

Suddenly, the boy froze, his dark eyes looking around almost frantically. "Damn," he cursed, pushing the girl behind him.

******

Heero automatically pushed Relena behind him as soon as he sensed the magic around him. He cursed softly as he looked around, ready to fight. He then saw them, ten of them, armed with swords and dressed in Gaean armor.

"There he is. Folken wants him alive," one of them pointed at him with his sword.

"Heero," Relena said softly, and Heero turned. There were more of them. He wondered if they had brought guymelefs with them. He marveled on how quickly that he had remembered everything.

******

"NO!" Hitome cried out, clutching her pendent. She couldn't let them be taken. She couldn't let them be hurt.

"Hitome?" Van asked, looking down at her, his beautiful eyes filled with concern.

******

Suddenly, a bright column of light enveloped Relena and Heero. Heero automatically wrapped his arms around her to protect her. They were drawn up and he could hear the curses below him.

In a bright flash of light, Heero found himself standing before two people his age, a boy and a girl. The girl was slender, dressed in a typical Japanese schoolgirl uniform, except she had running shoes on instead of the regular school issue. She had short fawn colored hair that fell into her delicate features and huge green eyes.

There was something familiar about the boy, and the sword he had on his side. He reminded Heero of himself a bit. He was lithe and his raven hair fell into serious, sherry colored eyes. Except the pair of eyes Heero remembered had been filled with childish innocence and laughter.

He was a little chilly, his clothing torn and battered from running. His parents were gone, leaving him alone. He wouldn't cry. He couldn't cry. It would seem weak. So, he knelt in the forest, hiding from the hunting party around him.

It was only four members. The King of Fanelia, his right-hand knight, Balgus, and his two sons, the youngest seemed to be his age. He watched in curiosity, seeing the young boy looking around with wide, curious eyes. Suddenly, a bird flew overhead.

The first son took his bow and aimed. He killed the bird and crashed to the ground. Right beside him. He gasped in shock as he looked at the corpse. He started to creep away from it when a cheerful face burst into the shrubbery he was hiding in.

"Hello, who are you?" a curious voice asked him as sherry colored eyes board into him.

The little boy blinked and tried, in vain, to wipe the soot off his clothing and face. He said nothing. He had no name. Not anymore.

"I'm Van," the other boy replied with a smile.

He looked down at Van's outstretched, chubby little hand. He carefully took it, looking into the bright eyes. Van asked, "Where are you from?" He perched himself right beside him, looking at him.

"No where," he answered grimly, fighting the tears that threatened to spill out of his eyes.

"Van!" a chorus of older voices called out. The bushes parted and he skittered, shocking Van. A teenage boy stood there, his unruly silvery white hair sticking up all around his head. He watched as the older boy knelt down beside his little brother, plucking the dead bird up at the same time.

"What did you see, Van?" the teenager asked in a kind voice.

Van pointed and said, "A boy."

"What?" the teenager asked him, standing up and bringing Van with him.

He watched the two princes as they looked for him, feeling as lost and as lonely as ever. "Boy," a gruff voice called to him. He froze to see a man dressed in black robes. "You're being hunted and I know just the place that you can go," he told him.

Heero and the other boy simply locked eyes with each other. He finally asked, "What brought me here?"

What brought me the fuck home? That's what Duo would be asking, Heero thought as he looked at the girl. She blushed and looked down, her hair falling into her eyes. She looked back up at him and answered, "I had a vision."

"What do you mean?" Relena asked, glaring slightly at her. She looked confused and lost. Heero couldn't blame her. He had felt the same way when he ended up on Earth.

The girl swallowed and said, "I'm Hitome Kanazaki and I had a vision that you were in grave danger."

Heero almost laughed at the irony. As usual though, he kept his face expressionless as he looked at her. Relena said, "I am Relena Dorlin and this is Heero Yuy."

The other boy looked at him, studying him. Heero asked, "Who are you?"

"Van de Fanel, king of Fanelia," he replied in a proud, almost arrogant voice.

Relena sighed and asked, "So why did you bring us here?"

"Your friend is in danger. I had a terrible vision and . . ." Hitome stopped, swallowing, her eyes wide with horror and fear, probably reliving the vision.

Heero said, "We were attacked by Gaean soldiers." He looked around, remembering the designs of flying ships when he was a small boy. He looked down and felt a small thrill at the slightly familiar landscape.

"You know where we're at, Heero?" Relena asked him, placing a hand on his arm.

He turned back to the three pairs of watchful eyes. He nodded at her and answered, "Yeah."

"Then where are you then?" Van asked, looking at him with cautious eyes.

Heero looked down and answered, "Gaea."

******

"You incompetent fool!" the beautiful boy shouted, white hair falling into his garnet colored eyes. He drew his hand back and brought it with great force across the soldier's face. Lord Dillandeu backed away, seething.

Folken wasn't that fond of the teenage boy, and it didn't help matters much that they were practically on the same level of power and control under Dornkirk. The insane boy turned around to face the failures once more.

He shouted, "You damn fools! How could one simple Draconian get away? Did he fly away?"

"Dillandeu," Folken snapped sharply, rebuking the boy.

Dillandeu turned around to face him and smiled. He said in his singsong voice, "I'm just getting to my point Folken. Patience is a virtue." Then he turned back to the captain he was rebuking again. He snapped, "Well?"

The captain swallowed and said, "He was with a girl. And . . . suddenly . . ." he paused for a moment, leery of the mad look in Dillandeu's crimson eyes. He went on, "A bright column of light took them. They simply disappeared."

The girl from the Mystic Moon, Van's companion, Folken thought suddenly, controlling the rush of protective anger that suddenly flared through him. She brought them here, protecting him. He started to walk out of the summons to his lab, where he could contact Dornkirk. Or, rather, Dornkirk would be waiting to talk to him.

He sighed as he reached the high ceiling room. He looked down to the other side, noting the rush of air and little else there. This room was also a control room for the fortress, one that he only knew the secrets of. He was right to assume that Dornkirk was waiting for him.

"I saw. I want that girl as well," Dornkirk said, scowling.

Folken bowed politely and asked, "Do you have any plans, Lord Dornkirk?"

"Actually, I do," the old man answered with a chuckle. An image appeared on the screen. It was a teenage boy, but he was dressed head to toe in black except for a strange white collar. He was broad while Van and the Draconian were lithe and thin. He had a long chestnut brown braid, reaching far past his hips. His face was round and elfin, almost if he had been misplaced as well. His huge eyes were a startling shade of bright violet. A striking boy all around.

Folken waited as Dornkirk went on, "We could change his Fate, make him ours like Dillandeu."


Folken grit his teeth. He vaguely knew about Dillandeu, but the thought of that happening to someone else, an innocent like this boy . . . It made him ill to think about, but he did not show it.

Then he saw something else. He could use this boy as a weapon against Zaibach though. He asked, "Why this boy?"

"Because he is close to the Draconian. He wouldn't expect one of his dearest friends turning against him. Besides, he is a natural pilot and he has a dark side that I could use," Dornkirk said fondly.

Folken asked, "Do you know where the boy is at?"

"Yes, I do, Folken. I have the coordinates programed into the Fate Alteration Machine," Dornkirk said with a pleased smile.

Folken respectfully bowed, his whole nature protesting against it. He replied, "It will be done, milord." The screen went blank and Folken left the room, going to prepare.

******

Duo Maxwell balanced a huge bowl of popcorn in one hand and a stack of DVDs in another. Hilde was on a date, leaving the ex-Deathscythe Pilot alone to his own devices. All of his paperwork for his scrap yard was done, so he had rented a bunch of horror movies, mainly vampire movies.

Slasher flicks held little appeal to him. The only thing good about slasher flicks were that they were a good laugh and lots of nude cleavage generally appeared in them. The stupidity of the victims was laughable and one did not feel sorry for them.

Vampire movies, if done right, were much better. There was something to the immortal vampire that appealed to Duo, hence the huge library of vampire books he had. They had a good number of cleavage running around too, but, somehow, in a vampire movie, it was done more tastefully.

Right now, cleavage was the point.

He laughed softly to himself as he placed his bowl of popcorn down on the table and bounced to the DVD player. He put in a DVD and sat back. He flipped through the previews to the credits.

The TV cast a dark glow on his features and lit him perfectly for those watching him. He felt eyes on him and looked around. He placed the bowl of popcorn down and turned off the movie. With the almost sixth sense he possessed, he knew that people were watching him.

"Step the fuck out," he cursed softly, taking a stance. He heard something from behind him. With a graceful leap, he rolled behind his couch. He felt something sharp lie across the back of his throat.


He looked up and blinked. There was a guy dressed in medieval armor standing behind him, angling a blade at his throat. The knight guy chuckled and said, "Found him."

Duo glared and snapped, "Not so fast, dumbass." He caught the blade in his hands, ignoring it as it sliced into his palm. He slammed it up in a quick, fluid motion. He jerked it out of the guy's hand and stood up.

There were six others, dressed similarly. "Fuck," he cursed softly, looking down at his weapon. He had a weapon in his hand and he only had the slightest clue on how to use it. If it had been a scythe he wouldn't have a problem, but this sword seemed strange in his hands.

What he needed was a gun, but his gun was in his bedroom. His bedroom was a couple of rooms over. There were six armed guys with swords in front of him. Getting into his room was almost impossible. He sighed and charged anyway.

"Get out of my damn way!" he shouted as he ran, hoping that they would.

As always, Duo's luck ran out. He faintly knew that whatever happened to him that he would live, no matter what. He was almost eternal, like those vampires he was so fond of. He would exist to the end of time, acting as the God of Death.

He managed, somehow, to block the first blow coming toward him. He snapped his leg up, getting a good kick in. There were too many of them though. They took the sword out of his hands. He thrashed about wildly and blindly, his chestnut hair falling in his face. They held him tightly as a white light surrounded them.

It was nearly blinding. He closed his eyes and when he opened them again he was standing in some sort of strange room. He was being drug, he realized to some place else. He cursed, fought, and tried to claw anyone's eyes out. He was thrust into a dark, empty room, like a cathedral in its size.

He swallowed and asked, "What the hell do you want?"

"We want you," a grim voice explained. Blue lights haloed four shrouded figures. Duo's instincts immediately sensed danger and he backed away. He cried out as a table slammed behind him.

Shackles closed around his wrists and ankles, leaving him vulnerable. He cursed and shouted till his throat hurt as the shrouded figures walked toward him. One of them stroked his braid and he jerked away in revolution.

"Don't touch me," he hissed, thrashing about helplessly.

The guy who had touched his hair smiled. He said, "Lets begin." Duo did not like the tone in his voice.

******

There was something familiar about the boy named Heero Yuy. Van couldn't place his fingers on it though. He thought about asking Hitome to give him a reading, but she had been traumatized enough in the past few days.

He squinted and suddenly it dawned on him. It happened a long time ago, the boy he found on a hunting trip. The lost boy who was his age, who looked so startled and afraid, but wouldn't show it. A boy, according to Hitome, was a pure blooded Draconian.

Allen Schezar appeared beside him. He had not met the newcomers yet and Van knew that he wanted to. Allen probably figured that it was his duty to protect them at all cost. He was right about that.

Allen looked at him before he walked to where Heero was standing, looking off the ledge of Crusade. Allen said, "Greetings." Heero turned to look at him, his dark blue eyes betraying nothing. They weren't empty, per say, but they were expressionless, guarded.

Allen held out a hand and said, "I am Allen Schezar, a Knight for Asturia."

Heero kept looking at him. Van resisted the urge to laugh. He turned away and kept looking out, at what, Van had no idea.

Allen asked, "Where are you from?"

"The Mystic Moon," Heero finally answered, his voice a complete monotone. Van envied his control. He looked at Van and asked, "Why were we brought here?"

Van sighed and said, "Your companion . . ."

"The Lady Relena," Allen said with a slight frown. Van had a feeling that he had tried to charm the other girl and Relena had rebuffed him. He tried to keep the smile from spreading across his face.

Van nodded and went on, "Just got brought here by accident." Hitome had told him Heero had been the only one in his vision. He continued, "You were the only one in danger."

"I can handle myself," Heero replied in a cold monotone.

"Not from Zaibach," Allen but in sharply.

Heero ignored him and asked Van, "What about Zaibach?"

Van realized that it had been a long time since Heero had been to Gaea. There was much he had to explain to the Draconian. Perhaps even his own heritage.

******

Hitome had her pendent out and was spinning it in her hand, keeping time by the perfect swings. "You're from Earth as well, aren't you?" Relena asked, standing with perfect posture. She added, "But from a different time."

"What do you mean?" Hitome asked her.

Relena smiled and replied, "Heero and I come from the year After Colony 197. There are colonies built in outer space. What year is it where you come from?"

Hitome paused for a moment. Did whoever that sent Heero to Earth send him to the distant future as well? She studied her pendent. And she had been able to bring Heero and Relena here as well.

She was about to answer her when she felt her vision getting dark, the scene changing.

It was dark, very dark. Pitch black and even shaded darker with sinister shadows. Then she saw something come out of the darkness, a long, curved blade. She realized that it was a swinging scythe, idly swinging because the wielder was board.

She had a feeling that the wielder was very capable with that scythe. She heard a chuckle and looked up. There was a flash of a brilliant, wide, mischievous smile. She paused and waited for more.

She could detect the image of a person dressed in a black shroud. She saw a silver cross glint in the light. She also swore she saw a priest collar as well. The person stopped, right before her.

A pale light engulfed him for a moment. All she caught a glimpse of was a long braid and a pair of violet eyes. Then, the person danced away, laughing in a rich, masculine voice.

******

Duo screamed at the severe pain. They were hurting him, erasing parts of his mind and rewriting them as what they wanted. He thrashed wildly on the table, sweat making his nude body stick. He hadn't cried though. He had screamed, but no tears came from his eyes.

"He's resisting," one of the voices said in an amused tone.

Another said, "He's even more resistant than Dillandeu."

"Let me the fuck go!" Duo snarled, thrashing wildly, his long hair covering up his face. Someone brushed his hair out of his face and forced his eyes open. He thrashed harder, not wanting to see whatever they were about to show him.

The images so far had been horrible. Heero abandoning him on Barge, not what truly happened. Heero destroying Deathscythe, who in all reality, Trowa had been the one to do so. All the images focused on things that would force him to hate Heero.

This one was no different. He closed his eyes and tried to resist. He felt himself slipping though. Slipping deeper into their clutches and he was powerless to stop them. That made him want to do one defiant act.

He opened his eyes and looked at one of the cloaked guys. He sneered, "Fuck you to hell, you shit eating son of an asshole bitch!" Then he gathered up a glob of saliva and spit it at him, getting it on the figures face.

The intensity turned up. Duo screamed at the pain in his mind and body. All he could do was pray now.

******

Folken was alerted to when they were finished with the boy. He ran into the room, seeing him strapped to their table, long hair obscuring all of his features. He walked to the boy and said, "Hello."

The boy's head lifted so slightly. Startling violet eyes studied him. He asked in a hoarse voice, "Who the fuck are you?"

Folken blinked at the boy's harsh language. He answered, "I'm Folken and I'm going to help you. Now, what's your name?"

"Shinigami, but you can call me Duo," he replied with a manic grin.

To Be Continued!

Hehe, I usualy make Duo a potty mouth. I can just see him spouting off curses that are really creative. It reminds me of a quote from my father, "I am intellegent enough not to cuss, but I choose to do so for creativity." I think this fits Duo very well.

Also, aren't you wondering what's gonna happen to poor Duo?