Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing

"blah" speaking

/blah/ thoughts

`blah' telepathy

 

-

 

Sean paced in the basement of the warehouse. He had taken a big risk when he had traveled the shadows to get here, but the faster he found his daughter, the faster he could start her training. And the quicker that training was completed, the earlier his geas could be broken. He spat a curse at Pierre, clan Bijoux's council representative. "If not for him I wouldn't be in this position; clan Klaus wouldn't be in this position! I don't know how Sebastian and Armin stand this." He paused to glare at the stairs that led up. "Another few years I'll be one thousand and I'll start to be able to withstand this worlds sun." He resumed his pacing. "Another thirty minutes and the sun will set. Then I'll see just what it is that Kieva and Tzume have found."

 

-

 

"Okay, I know I've said this before, but this is getting weird." Duo stared at Duet's ears. Duet arched an eyebrow.

 

"You think you're having a hard time adjusting then just imagine what I went through when I learned I was a half-elf. I had always thought that my ears were just some strange mutation; but no, every full and half blooded Silven has ears like this." Duet's stomach chose that exact moment to growl. She pressed a hand against it, checks coloring from embarrassment. "I, ah, don't suppose there is something other than this fruit to eat?" She looked at them, hopeful.

 

Quatre started to chuckle as Duo burst out laughing. "Yeah, we've got some food coming; should be here in a few more minutes." Duo grinned at her. "Think you can hold out `till then?"

 

Duet eyed the bowl of fruit next to her. "I might but I don't think the fruit will." She sighed. "Ah well."

 

Trowa cleared his throat, bringing all eyes to him. "You've already explained a bit about the Silven, and we obviously already know quite a bit about humans." Duo snorted at Trowa's understatement. "What about the third race you mentioned, the Night Walkers?"

 

"I don't know as much about them." Duet snagged the grapes, popping them in her mouth one at a time. "I know that they're also called vampires, but," she frowned. "Hmmm, how to explain? They're not like some of the stories I've read. I mean, it's not a case of a human being bit and thus becoming a vampire, it's more like they're born. I mean, a Night Walker is born and has a natural life span, just like humans or Silven. I know that they've got their own strengths and, ummm, powers, just like the Silven. Other than that…" Her voice trailed off as she shrugged. "I haven't exactly found one to ask."

 

Wufei leaned forward. "Alright, then what about the way you were able to wake up a few minutes after your pressure point …"

 

Duet burst out laughing and, placing the grapes in the bowl, put Thor on the sofa as she stood up. She walked over to Wufei and held out her arm. He looked at her confused. "There's a pressure point that will temporarily paralyze my arm, right?" Wufei nodded. Duet continued to grin. "Go ahead, try it."

 

"Come on, Wuffie, it's not often you find someone asking you to paralyze their arm. `Sides, you can always jab the opposite point and undo it, right?" Duo grinned at him, the same grin that was now decorating Duets face.

 

Wufei gave Duo a sour look. "Maxwell, how many times must I tell you that my name is Wufei! Yuy, can't you control him?"

 

"Hn."

 

Wufei shook his head and looked at Duet, her arm still held out. He sighed. "Very well." His hand blurred as it reached out and touched a spot on her arm. He then leaned back, smirking. However, Duets grin only widened as she wiggled the fingers of her right arm, the same arm that was supposed to be paralyzed. Wufei's smirk fell as he stared, baffled.

 

Sally leaned over and examined Duets arm. "How is that possible? He hit the right spot…"

 

Duet shrugged. "Dunno, none of them work for very long. I usually only get a brief tingling sensation."

 

Further discussion was interrupted by the food arriving. The time until night fell was spent with laughter as the others watched Duo and Duet attempt to outdo eachother in the `who could eat the most the fastest' category. Everyone had finished eating when Shiva and Thor both jumped up, each in their human forms, Shiva now holding a double edged straight sword in each hand while Thor was holding an impressive looking hammer in one hand. Duet was about to ask what was wrong when the shadows began to move.

 

-

 

Sean looked up. Finally the sun had set. He gathered the shadows around him and sought out Kieva. Locating the alpha, he stepped out, causing the two humans to shrink back. Tzume snorted at their obvious fear while Kieva knelt before their Master. Sean looked down at him. "Well?"

 

"The prey is in that building. There are six humans and two ame-neko with her." Kieva looked up. "Tzume and I will have our paws full dealing with the ame-neko."

 

Sean waved a hand. "Understandable. I can easily deal with six humans." He walked over to Toni and Nate. "I thank you for your assistance in this matter," he told the two, sarcasm evident in his voice. His eyes began to glow. "Now, you will go back to the warehouse where we first met and you will forget everything that happened." The two boys nodded, stood up and walked out of the alleyway, eyes slightly glazed. Sean looked up, lips stretching in a grin. "Finally." Kieva and Tzume walked over to stand behind him. "Let's go." He gathered the shadows about them, disappearing from view. When the shadows fell back into their normal places, the alleyway was empty.

 

-

 

"So just why is Duet so important to your people?" Milliardo asked, leaning against one of the walls. Lady Une and Treize had gone into one of the other rooms in the suite; they had a lot to discuss with eachother.

 

Sebastian laced his fingers together and leaned against them, staring into the distance. "What do you know of the history of this world?"

 

"He knows that our races weren't here originally." Mikael looked up from where he was seated. "I couldn't say much more since I haven't been given that knowledge."

 

Sebastian smirked. "So, they kept that information from the ones who were supposed to search for her. How typical of those in power." He stood up and clasped his hands behind his back, beginning to pace. "Our races, the Night Walkers and the Silven, fled here from another world. We reached this place and found a sanctuary where we could both live in peace; I should say, where the three of us could live in peace. Humans are indigenous to this world." He paused, a small frown briefly passed over his face. "But they are also found on other worlds if our ancestors records are to be believed." He waved a hand. "An idea to research and debate later. Anyways we reached this world and began to live in peace. However, the ones we were fleeing from wouldn't let us go that easily. They sent a pulse of power through the Gate and destroyed it. But that pulse was too powerful and ripples of untamed power began to spread, tearing at the fabric of this world."

 

"Wait." Milliardo held up a hand. "Who were you fleeing from?"

 

Sebastian shook his head. "I don't know. And I don't know if there is anyone alive now who knows. When our races saw what was happening, the most powerful of each race began to weave a spell to control the power and prevent this world from being destroyed. Obviously they succeeded." Milliardo smiled and nodded. "However, the spell had an unexpected side effect. The world was, in a sense, split in two, divided by a barrier, or a mirror if you prefer. Members of all three races were torn from eachother and trapped on either side. And to make it worse, the two people who cast the spell that saved us died in the process."

 

"Let me guess," Milliardo interrupted again. "One person from each of your races cast that spell and now you need a mixed blood child to undo it."

 

Sebastian gave a wry grin. "Oh, it's much better than that. You see, not only must the child be mixed blood, he or she must be of the same bloodlines that cast the original spell. Members of my clan didn't figure that out until a few thousand years ago. Since then, we've been monitoring the barrier, watching it as it continued to stabilize. Yes, even after all this time the barrier still wasn't stable. Three decades ago it finally stopped fluctuating. That was when we contacted the Silven Queen and started the hostage exchange. We had heard of the prophecy that Serenity Voice had given around when I had been born, nearly two thousand years ago now. The prophecy that the time to remove the barrier was approaching and we knew that we needed the Silven bloodline." He stopped pacing and looked at Mikael. "I trust you know what bloodline it was."

 

Mikael looked up at him, smiling. "The `Bright' line. Which means that the Night Walker bloodline needed was Klamert."

 

"Correct. And the only full blooded members of clan Klamert are myself and Sean, Duet's father. I should say, we're the only ones left on this side of the barrier; no one knows the status on the other side." Sebastian swung around, facing the east, eyes widening. Mikael jumped up and joined him. "It's too soon; she hasn't been trained yet," Sebastian whispered, voice filled with fear.

 

"But she's gathering her power regardless." Mikael whispered back. "Quickly, we have to…" His voice trailed off as he slumped his shoulders. "Too late, her signature is gone."