Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing

"blah" speaking

/blah/ thoughts

`blah' telepathy

 

-

 

Duet sat on the rim of the tub having just finished her shower. Shiva and Thor had changed their forms in order to enter the hotel and but now just Shiva was in the human form. Duet stared off into space, trying to organize her thoughts as she combed out her damp hair. /Okay, so they know that I'm half Silven, no big deal, right? I mean, that other guy, Golden Gift, is a quarter Silven and they're not treating him any different, not that I can tell. But what's up with that guy, Duo? I mean, his name is similar to mine and he even looks kinda like me! Wonder if we're related? It'd be nice…/ Duet started to separate her hair, getting ready to form the multiple braids she kept under her hat. And she stopped, laughing at herself. /Guess that's going to be a hard habit to break. I don't have to hide my hair with them around. I'll once more be able to wear my hair the way I like./ Smiling, Duet started to braid her hair into a single plait. She finished, flipping her hair behind her. /And they were nice enough to let me borrow some fresh clothes./ She fingered the clothes, wondering who they had come from. There was a pair of black pants and a white short sleeved shirt that had some strange decorative buttons on the front. She shrugged, putting them on. Surprisingly, they all fit rather well, even though she had to roll up the bottom hem of the pants just so she didn't trip on them. Finished, she headed out. The others were sitting, or in Trowa's case standing, around. They looked up as she entered the room. Sally stood up and walked over.

 

"Feeling better?"

 

Duet smiled and nodded. "Yes, thank you." She cocked her head, looking at Sally. "Were you sent along to make sure nothing was wrong with me once you guys found me?" Everyone except Shiva looked startled. Duet giggled. "C'mon, I'm not stupid; I can figure things out."

 

Sally smiled after she recovered. "Yes, I was asked to come along for that reason. But I was able to do a brief examination in the alleyway. You're remarkable healthy for a fifteen year-old that's been living on the streets for the last two years."

 

"So, are you feeling talkative again?" Wufei looked over, arms crossed in irritation; Thor was curled up on his lap, asleep. Duet sniggered, her eyes starting to twinkle.

 

"Aw, what's the matter? Need someone to take care of the big, nasty ame-neko?" Duet sniggered again as she walked over She gently picked up Thor and went to sit next to Shiva. Thor briefly woke up when Duet picked him up but quickly made himself comfortable on her lap. Shiva looked at him, amused.

 

"Another fifteen minutes and you get to take over," Shiva blandly stated. Thor twitched an ear in response.

 

"So you guys are going to keep switching even though we're here?" Duo leaned forward from where he sat on the floor, removing his head from where it was resting, in Heero's lap. Heero growled, tugging on Duo's braid. Duo fell back, tilting his head to grin at Heero. Heero resumed his earlier action, running his fingers through Duo's hair.

 

"Yes," Shiva frowned. "Call it a hunch, but I feel that both Thor and myself will be needed soon." He looked over towards the window. "Especially since the sun will set soon."

 

"It'll set in exactly thirty minutes." Duet reached over to the table next to her, snagging an apple. She took a bite before she noticed that everyone was once more staring at her. "What? I always know where the sun is. No big deal." She shrugged and continued eating.

 

"No big deal she says! Wonder what she considers a really big deal!" Duo sighed in pleasure as Heero continued to massage his scalp. "Don't suppose you could toss me one of those apples?"

 

Duet glanced at him. "What, can't get one yourself?" Heero glared at her. Duet blinked. "Um, wow. That's, um, quite the glare you've got." Duo smirked, glad it was being directed at someone else for a change. "Sure, here." Duet tossed an apple over which Heero caught, handing it to Duo.

 

"If you're done with your antics, Maxwell, I'm sure we have a few more questions for Miss Mendelssohn." Wufei leaned back, arms still crossed. Sally sat down next to him, folding her hands on one knee.

 

"Ask away." Duet reached over to grab another apple, having just finished her first one.

 

"How did you know I was half Silven?" Quatre looked at Shiva, eyes still puzzled.

 

"Quarter." Both Shiva and Duet spoke at once. `You explain it, Shiva.' Duet continued to eat.

 

Shiva frowned at her. "You are only a quarter Silven. As for how we can tell, well…" Shiva transferred his frown to Quatre. "We can see a beings spirit. That is how we know what a being is, what their intentions are and if they are telling the truth or not."

 

"So what's to stop you guys from lying?" Duo handed the apple core to Heero who placed it on the small table next to them.

 

"It is impossible for us to lie. No matter how hard any one of us tries, none has ever succeeded. Why do you think Bright Star was so willing to come with you? We had told her that you," Shiva waved his hand at all of them, "were not there to harm her."

 

"Thank you." Quatre looked at Duet. "So the ame-neko told you I was a quarter Silven?"

 

Duet shook her head. "Nope. They only told me that we share some blood. I knew you were only quarter because of your ears." She placed the second apple core next to the first.

 

"His ears? His ears are normal, what…?" Duo looked between Quatre and Duet, puzzled.

 

"Exactly. They're normal." Duet tucked her own hair behind one ear, revealing it for the first time. The others stared at the delicately pointed ear now revealed.

 

-

 

`Let them in, Wind Warrior. They are the people that can answer some of your questions.' Milliardo arched an eyebrow at Zephyrus's announcement.

 

"Very well, I'll let them in. However, for the sake of Lady Une, I suggest that both you and Tyr change your forms." Milliardo turned around as the two ame-neko transformed. A young man clean-shaven with shoulder length blonde hair, light blue slit-pupil eyes, wearing a green short sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a pair of faded jeans, hiking boots and wearing a silver glove on his right hand now stood where Tyr had been while across the room another young man, this one wearing a loose white tang top, pale blue bike shorts and sandals with chin length curly black hair and golden-brown slit-pupil eyes had taken the place of Zephyrus. Milliardo opened that door, revealing the two people standing there. One had unruly shoulder length black hair, midnight blue eyes wearing a black, tailed long sleeved jacket with heavily embroidered collar and cuffs, a crimson shirt underneath with a pair of black pants tucked into calf length black leather boots. The other was wearing a waist length black cape with the cowl pulled over his head, shadowing his face, wearing a pair of white pants with black boots that extended over his knees but allowed full movement in the back. "Won't you gentlemen come in." Milliardo gestured for the two to precede him, closing the door after them. Lady Une looked up, still in a daze, and gasped when she saw them.

 

"You! You're the one I saw leaving His Excellency's rooms! But how?"

 

The one wearing the jacket chuckled, took Lady Une's hand and bowed over it. "You must be the one my nephew kept talking about. It is an honor to finally meet you. I am Sebastian Klamert of clan Klamert."

 

Mikael walked over, his eyes hardening. "What are you doing here, Night Walker?"

 

"Silven, would you believe that I'm here to accomplish the same thing as you?" Mikael snorted, disbelieve plain on his face. Sebastian smiled. "Why don't you ask the ame-neko if I've lied?" Sebastian gestured towards Zephyrus and Tyr.

 

"He has spoken the truth." Tyr walked over, placing a hand on Mikael's shoulder. "Hear him out, bondmate."

 

"But," Mikael began, "the council sent…"

 

"Exactly," Sebastian interrupted him. "The council sent Sean to find her and placed a geas on him to slay the child. However, there was no time limit enforced with that geas. It is my and my clans wish to ensure her survival." Sebastian smiled. "Especially since she is my kin."

 

"So it was you that requested Treize look for Duet?" Milliardo asked, leaning against a wall.

 

Sebastian glanced over. "So that's her name." He gave a dry laugh. "How appropriate. She is the key to my clans survival. So I asked my nephew, especially since he had just gained quite a bit of power within the human realm, that he look for Duet. However, not knowing her name at the time or even what she looked like, he ran into a bit of trouble."

 

"Wait." Milliardo raised a hand, stopping Sebastian. "You're saying that Treize was your nephew?"

 

"Is. He is my nephew." Sebastian's eyes started to gleam, the corners of his lips quirking up in a small grin. "Well, closer to say my many-great grand nephew, but that's a bit much when speaking so I just call him my nephew."

 

"How is that possible? Zephyrus told us that Treize is human where as you are, well…" Mikael shrugged his confusion.

 

Sebastian sighed. "Mind if I sit down?" Mikael waved towards one of the chairs. "Thank you." Sebastian sat down, steepling his fingers as he thought. "You have to understand that this, phenomenon, occurs only within my clan. Every thousand years or so, one of our women gives birth to twins. One of these twins, usually the elder, will be a Night Walker, or vampire, if you prefer. The other," he sighed, "the other twin, while still possessing some of our abilities, will be human. I was one of those; Sean, Duet's father, is another. I don't know if any of Steffen's descendents have survived."

 

"One has." Zephyrus spoke up. Sebastian twisted his head around, giving the ame-neko a hard stare. "He is with Bright Star right now." Zephyrus looked over to Mikael. "I've told Shiva and the other unbonded ame-neko what we just learned. It will be up to them whether or not to tell Bright Star and that human."

 

"You know where His Excellency is." Lady Une stated, eyes silently pleading as she looked at Sebastian. He nodded. "Please, tell me where he is!" Just as she finished saying that, she heard Milliardo suck in his breath in shock. Slowly turning around, Lady Une looked at the other person who had entered with Sebastian. Her eyes stared to fill with tears as she found herself looking straight at Treize Khushrenada.