Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Redemption ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own either Gundam Wing

"blah" speaking

/blah/ thoughts

`blah' telepathy

 

-

 

"So that was why you panicked? 'Cause of some dream?" Duo sounded incredulous.

 

"You don't understand. I normally don't dream, but when I do, they always come true. And since I couldn't tell from the dream which was which, well…" Duet shrugged. "It just seemed wiser to get away until I could determine which you were."

 

"That is understandable. I think that all of us would have done the same." Quatre spoke up, still sounding distracted. "Um, Duet? When did you learn that …"

 

"That I was half Silven?" Duet gave a little laugh. "About five years ago, when I turned ten. That was when I could first hear what the animals were , umm, saying."

 

"Hey, wait a sec! What about the other part of my question?"

 

Quatre gave a little laugh. "Sorry Duo. So why were the ame-neko so interested in Duo if he's not, if he doesn't have Silven blood?"

 

Duet looked at the two ame-neko with her. "Well guys? Why were you so interested in Duo if you didn't grant him a name?"

 

`We're waiting to hear back from our elders. We can tell you then.' Shiva yawned.

 

"Typical. Sorry Duo, but they won't say. They're waiting to hear back from their elders. Next question." Duet leaned forward, stretching her arms and legs.

 

Sally looked over at Duet. "Why did your eyes change color back in the alley?"

 

She froze. /Oh Shit!/ Her hand crept up and she reached underneath her shirt. Duet relaxed once her fingers brushed against the comforting presence of her necklace. "Did … did they completely change color?" Sally nodded. "Scheiße! Das sollen nicht geschehen!" Duet started to rub her forehead. "Was ist los mit mir?" (Shit! That's not supposed to happen! What's wrong with me?)

 

"Hello? What the hell language is that and do you think you could stick to a language that we'd all understand? And what did Sally ask, anyways?" Duo chimed in.

 

"Entschuldigung! (Sorry!) Ach, gomen. (Sorry.) I mean, sorry!" Duet rubbed her face, trying to regain her balance. /One language, stick with just one language!/ "I was speaking in German and Sally asked," Duet took a deep breath to steady herself, "why my eyes had changed color."

 

"Everybody's eyes can change color so why is that so unusual?" Duo sounded puzzled.

 

"The last time my eyes changed color I broke Sister Katherine's arm in three places and gave the Father a concussion as he was trying to put my … subdue me; I was only seven." Duet whispered, drawing her legs up to her chest. Shiva and Thor pressed against her, purring loud enough to be heard over the headset. Silence once more reigned. Duet took off the headset and handed it back to Sally. "I don't feel like talking anymore." Sally took her headset, putting it back on.

 

`This was going to happen Bright Star. It just happened a little earlier than we anticipated.' Shiva looked at her, lazily blinking his golden eyes.

 

`Indeed. The necklace doesn't block your other powers, it merely helps you control them.' Thor rubbed up against her. `Whenever you call on those powers your eyes will change. That is part of your inheritance from your father.'

 

`Great. Just great. So just when were you guys going to tell me that I was half Night Walker?' The two ame-neko jerked back in surprise. Duet let out a soft chuckle at startling them. `Yeah, I figured it out. After all, you refused to answer me whenever I called myself a half-human. And since there is only one other race to choose from, well…' Duet propped her chin on her knees, sighing. /I'm a half elf, half vampire who was raised by and is now being protected by humans. My life is so messed up./ Duet stayed in that position for the duration of the trip, moodily staring out the window.

 

-

 

Sebastian looked up, started from his brief nap, his midnight blue eyes still showing some signs of exhaustion. His nephew was standing in the doorway. Sebastian smiled. "Ah, good; you're awake. How much do you remember?"

 

His nephew frowned as he leaned against the doorway. "Not much I'm afraid. I was fighting, … someone who understood me. I think they destroyed the mobile suit I was in but after that," he sighed, shaking his head. "Were you the one who saved me?"

 

Sebastian nodded. "I couldn't very well let my brothers son die, now could I? If you feel up to it, we aught to get you back to the humans realm; there are some things going on there that you need to be involved in."

 

"I assume you have different clothes for me."

 

Sebastian laughed. "I believe that you'll find suitable attire in the closet of the room you were just in. Please come back here after you're done changing; we'll be leaving once you return." His nephew nodded and left the doorway. Sebastian took out the necessary herbs, preparing for the ritual that would take both himself and his nephew to the humans realm.

 

-

 

Milliardo paced, waiting for Lady Une to arrive. He had called her shortly after discovering the order Treize had issued and told her that he had another piece of information, one that he had to tell in person. He wasn't sure how she'd react to the news. Mikael watched his cousin, amused.

 

"I see now why you were named Wind Warrior, you always seem in motion." Mikael leaned back, one arm resting on the back of the sofa.

 

"Then maybe you were named Tempest Calm to steady people like me." Milliardo smiled softly. "Although I think that Noin would have something to say about that."

 

"She's good for you; I'm sorry I had to drag you away from her. I know that the terra forming project is important to the both of you. Especially now that it's starting to show results." Mikael was interrupted by a knock on the door. After verifying who it was, Milliardo let Lady Une inside.

 

"So what is this important information that you had to report in person?" Lady Une leaned against one of the tables.

 

"Here, this is the first part of the data." Milliardo handed her the printout of Treize's order. Une read through the document.

 

"I … have never seen this order before. Are you sure that His Excellency issued this?" Une looked quizzically at Milliardo.

 

"As certain as I can be. Although I find it interesting that even you hadn't seen it. Do you think that he could have known about Duet?"

 

"It's possible." Lady Une frowned, thinking back. "There were times when he would have one visitor and insist that everyone leave him. I managed to get a glimpse of his visitor once but I've never found that man since. You didn't ask me over here just to discuss this," Une waved the printout.

 

"No, there is more." Milliardo sighed. "Brace yourself, Une. This came as quite a shock to me and I know that it's true." Milliardo took a deep breath. "Treize is alive."

 

Une stared at him, the paper fluttering to the floor. "You're joking. You must be."

 

"No Lady Une. This is no joke. The human called Treize is indeed alive. You know that the ame-neko are incapable of lying." Mikael watched as a variety of emotions played across her face. He opened his mouth to comment when he was interrupted by a knock. They all looked over, no one expecting any new visitors.