Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ ~*||Possession||*~ ❯ {Chapter One} ~*||Possession||*~ ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
DISCLAIMER: The characters Heero Yuy and Duo Maxwell are NOT my characters. Therefore, I do not own them or the show/anime series Gundam Wing.

*slump look* Okay, well to get things straight -- this is my first chapter of my newest FanFic, there shall be more chapters to come, and they will begin to get a bit more . . . messy *rubs hands together* MUWAHAHA! So until then, please be patient -- homework and my social life as a High School Freshman do tie into my state of being ;-; *cackles* even though I'd rather be doing Yaoi/Shounen-ai Fan Fiction ^_^.

BY: Kurumi Hakanashi

Reminiscence. The blank document that had held all of truth, all of falsity and desire. The will to overcome the obstacles that crossed the fierce road of life to covet the belongings; the possessions that could be grasped and blown away with a simple buss of daylight and moonrise. All of which could be nurtured, to become a soldier of prayer; death -- or a savior of nirvana; life. Nevertheless it must be balanced.

Satin strands of chestnut bangs cascaded down the visage of silk toned skin and cobalt hues that pierced the dimness of the cold floor below. The adumbration of his soft, unemotional lips lie in contrast with his ebony dressed jacket and pale clad texture of his slightly pink cheeks. In all aspect, he was beautiful. Every feature about the American boy was not to be missed -- every movement, every doubted emotion had to be captured.

Heero starred at the boy with passion, though he was far away from any contact. What he saw in the youth was a state of pure happiness; one thing he had forgotten to hold himself. The gentleman that was only feet away was slowly riving away the pilot's heart. Groping into his deepest desires, he had wanted to ensnare the braided boy and tangle him into the mess of emotion that was pent inside of him.

"Heero..." Duo broke the hovering impediment of silence. He could feel his unimpassioned gaze that had been fixed on him for a while; making him remotely nervous. Adverting his eyes to the silent soldier, he leaned forward onto his knees, curious at Heero's gape. "Is something the matter? You look at bit pale..." He began to blabber on, searching for answers that he knew he wouldn't find. Heero breathed deeply for the first time in hours, snapping from his train of thought. He closed his eyes and leaned his backside to the cold metal of the spacecraft, folding his arms gently across his chest.

"It's over-" He murmured quietly, opening his gaze once more to the surrounding of swinging lamps and the window that revealed the sugar stained sky. "Everything is done, and forgotten." He tilted his head towards his chest, not once keeping eye contact with the Shinigami. Yes. The war was finally over ... that girl and her dog could be at peace in his dreams and memories.

//Dreams. Memories. They will carry with the past and into the future.
Between the frigid minds of black tears, there lies life and death...
//

Duo could now see the carcasses of battle torn Zakus, Mobile Dolls, and other various mechas that had strewn their debris into the night of darkness. It had given him mixed emotion of sadness and of joy. The suppressed enjoyment of death that had released in the assault was now churned into remorse. This attack was a massacre and buried deep into his heart. But when he looked to the perfect soldier that had joined the assassination with him, he saw nothing -- no emotion towards the graveyard or his scarred past; which had made the Deathsythe pilot strong.

Sighing lightly, Heero twitched to the annoying resonance of scraping metal that was heard from the cabin below them. There must of been a room beneath the first floor of cold steel, most likely a storage bin for fuel and medical supplies, the typical things that you would find on a board spacecraft.

"Do you think we'll be able to stay at peace?" Duo blurted out, again beginning to gossip. He was urging for a conversation, he wanted to hear the solitary individual speak to him; to bathe the braided boy in his presents. His eyes were soon met with the passionless cerulean hues that he wished to perceive. Heero let a timid grin curl onto his lips.

"There will never be peace, not now or ever; I guess the statement of a tranquil era means to enjoy yourself through the quiet times, simply to ask for nothing and receive nothing in return." He had propped himself up, letting his hands slowly wander down to his knees. That timid grin had turned into a weak smile; Heero couldn't help himself, Duo's mindless blabber always had made him in a slight stance of bliss. It wasn't humor that he felt surge through the youth's lips, it was that certain yearning tone and expression that made him want more.

"Then we'll see each other again someday?" He swallowed his breath, inhaling deeply as he waited for just a simple replication, a simple -yes- or -no-; in his case, he wanted anything. Duo had clenched onto the ends of his sleeves, pressing his index finger and thumb into the fabric tightly, nibbling at his lower lip.

"I suppose that could happen." He answered bleakly, still fixed on the other's avarice eyes. Heero wanted that answer to be clear, that he would see his partner again ... but would that be enough? Could he only see the figure before him and not even graze his body with his own? The thought made him shiver, and so did the awkward silence that had separated the space between them.

The musty smirk on Duo's face suddenly lifted, turning into a bright smile that was easily noticed. Bending onto the steel bench, he stretched his back over the cold surface, letting his chestnut braid slowly cascade down to the floor. The vision of beauty that had positioned itself delicately before Heero made his raped expression only dim more. He couldn't face his own feelings, nor the fact that he was attracted to Duo. The cocky American always anticipated the idea of a relationship; a bit gawky and blaze about it . . . so what would his reaction towards a male lover be? That wasn't a sane question. It was more of a blunt comment that needed to be avoided.

Duo could see the reluctant glaze inside the Japanese boy's eyes, blurring downwards. The hopeful glint of his future had lessened, he had only wanted to see the Wing pilot again. Casting his head into the mess of black fabric he hugged his head tightly, twisting his fingers into the tangled strands of his bangs.

"It's just an excuse." Heero tensed, closing his eyes lightly. Was war the one thing that brought them together? Or had it just separated them more. The concept was something to think about intensely -- sure the war and the battle between belief had brought them together, but for what cause? Just so they all would be parted at the same time, to feel the defeat of remorse and sorrow just as any other in the endless waltz of battle? Feh, some line-up gag that turned out to be.

"Isn't everything?" Duo interrupted, suddenly gaping at the other. Heero opened one eyelid, questionable to his comment. "I mean, what is society without excuses or arguments? Lies. The life you're given is a lie; I wasn't born to be who I am, was I? I had pictured myself so much differently, maybe fate wasn't alone when we were chosen to become G-pilots." He winked, propping himself up.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Calmly, the Wing pilot had answered. He pierced his eyes with the cobalt hues that had set themselves onto him, adjusting to the feeling of irritation and interest. "Lies are just something to make people do things, nothing like a religion or fate ." Shaking his head, he lightly smiled, turning his head the other direction.

"Sometimes I don't even know why you put up with me." Duo had shrugged, rolling his eyes away from him. "But in any case, you better start thinking up some good excuses if I catch you squealing around the neighborhood and don't bother to look me up." He grinned, gradually standing from his seat. Heero snorted, again shaking his head to Duo's comment. It had been a long journey, full of battle torn hearts and rejoiced songs -- but for the Gundam Pilots, it was only and excuse.

Gathered at the port, Duo clenched his black shoulder-pack tightly; watching the scenery of the sulk black sky disappear behind the wide structure of the flight base. The burden of battle had made him all too weary . . . but there was also a certain strife that made him rave attention, a specific term that keyed his heart. Duo knew what was happening to him, he could clearly see that he didn't want to part from his partner -- but didn't know precisely why. He pushed his sleeves upward, folding them tightly, waiting for the flashing red alarm before the gate would open. His cobalt orbs shifted throughout the spacecraft, noticing Heero leaned against the cold metal near the entrance. The American gawked, a little tense as he observed the boy more closely -- oh how he would miss him.

The gate had opened, letting the crowded room fill with cooled air. Heero glanced at Duo and then disappeared from sight as the rays of white light dimmed. That was it. The war was finally over -- and so went with the last trace of the Japanese Pilot.

"Heero..."