Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 'The Game' ❯ Who dunnit and do we care? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Howdy minna! Maho desu! Here is the next installment of... The Game!!! This part has been plotted and planned, not to mention written, by me, Maho! *pulls out cutlass* Does anyone have a problem with that? ...Good... Sooo without any further ado *thinks about that* Whats an 'ado' and is there such thing as an 'adon't'? ...ummmm mystery... Anyway back to what I was saying, without any further ado here is ...The disclaimer!

Disclaimer: *Chibi Duo walks onstage* Ahem. *random fangirls swoon at the cuteness* Maho and Karuya own nothing. Except the Watergate Motel, their many offices in locations such as the Watergate Motel, the north pole, the Zoo, A cave, a large office type building, somewhere in America's Old West, three diferent alternate realities, and so on, a crate full of G-boy plushies in various clothing that would cause the things to be banned in most placess, one shiny silver 9mm baretta, a cool cutlass, themsleves, some magic seagulls, a wardrobe full of clothing that they g-boys will have to wear at some point or another, and last but not least, their own ideas, but under torture by polite society they probably wont own up to them... but besides that THEY OWN NOTHING!!! sheesh...

Who dunnit... and do we care?

...Exactly ten minutes and 23, 24, 25, 26 seconds later...

"I'm so glad you're back with me." Duo said as he wrapped his arms around Heero. "All those nights without you made me lonely. Even Wu-man was starting to look good..."

Wufei cleared his throat and gave Duo a threatening look. "I will have you know, Maxwell, that one, my name is Wufei , not Wu-man, and two, I already look good."

"Mine!" Heero snuggled closer into Duo's warm embrace.

Duo petted Heero's head affectionately. "There there, Hee-chan. You're with me now, everything is okay." (if only they knew...)

And all the while Quatre and Trowa were making out furiously off to the side...

But then, suddenly, the ground shook and beams of light shot up under Duo and Trowa, causing Duo to hold his braid protectively, scream, and silently pray to the powers that be.(Yes you can scream and silently pray to the powers that be. And if not, pretend...) Trowa just stood there shaking his head and mumbling, "Why me? ...again."

The next thing either of them knew, they were in an old black and white movie. How they knew it was a movie, we'll never know... though it could be because everything was black and white but... whatever.

"Ah, I'm so glad you two could join us." Maho said flipping her long chestnut hair, or would have been had this not been a black and white movie, over her shoulder.

"We weren't given a choice." Trowa interjected.

"You always have a choice." Maho gave them both a big smile and started to unsheathe her sword. "Everyone has a choice. It just depends on whether its worth it or not." Her grin not faltering once as she pulled her sword completely out and let the light bounce off of it and on to the ground in front of the two pilots.

Duo eyed the sword and estimated how far he could get before Maho struck him down with it. "No, we'll stay." Apparently he figured, not that far.

"Good."

Karuya looked up from the section of the newspaper she was reading, the obituaries. "Is there something else you wish to add or may we continue with the rules of the game?"

Both nodded.

"As you can see you are in an old black and white movie."

Again they nodded.

"But what you don't know is that it's an old black and white murder mystery movie. It was my choice, of course. I like murder mysteries. They make me laugh."

Trowa and Duo looked at each other then back at the the Girls, gulped and nodded for the third time.

"Well the rules are; you have to solve the murder by figuring out who did it before we let you go, you have three hours. Go. Now!" Karuya started to shoot at their feet. Her maniacal laughter echoed throughout the motel.

The earth shook again and they were thrown into a train where a group of people were huddled around something with a sheet over it. They guessed it was the dead body.

"Oh you must be the detectives to investigate this murder!" Quatre exclaimed.

Trowa turned wide eyes (eye?) on his 'carbonated sugar bear'. "What are you doing here?"

Before either had a chance to say anything Maho popped in, surrounded by a cloud of smoke. "Oh, we forgot to mention, your buddies here." she motioned toward everyone in the cabin of the train. "Have been drugged. We gave them some fun bubbly purple drink! And until you solve this murder mystery they will be part of the movie cast! Isn't this fun???" She popped back out of the train, cloud of smoke and all.

Duo looked at Heero, shrugged, and went over to the body under the sheet. Trowa joined him. They both stared down at it with matching grim expressions. Duo slowly pulled back the sheet and (gasp!) saw psychotic fan girl #1, Karuya.

"Oh my ME!" (He's shinigami, God of death, therefore it would be Oh my God, but instead its Oh my God of Death... never mind.) "She's dead!"

"Hmmm, oddly enough I'm not saddened by this... at all" Trowa muttered under his breath.

"Let's poke her with something." Duo suggested.

Trowa shrugged. "Whatever..."

Duo picked up a dinner fork and was just about to poke Karuya in the arm with it, when her eyes snapped opened. "If you dare poke me with that, I'll make sure you and Heero never spend a good night together again." She tapped him in the crotch with her gun.

Duo stared at her and dropped the fork.

"Good, now I'm supposed to be dead so I'm going to sleep. If anyone so much as looks at me I. Will. Kill. Them." Karuya laid back down, pulling the sheet over her head.

Duo looked around the cabin to see if any one beside him had seen what had happened. Only Trowa had.

"That was... odd." Trowa said.

"Yeah... but I have just one question."

Trowa raised an eyebrow. "Just one?"

Duo 'hmph'ed. "You know what I mean."

"Not really."

Duo ignored what Trowa said and continued. "If she's just playing dead how are we supposed to solve her murder?"

"Doesn't matter. Just play along."

"Okay... so who do you think 'killed' her?" Duo asked. He added the finger quotes and everything to emphasize the fact that this was, by far, the weirdest thing they had done in, at least, twenty four hours or since the last 'game'.

"I think we're supposed to interview people... like we're detectives."

There was a puff of smoke and Maho appeared for the second time since they arrived on the train.

"Must you do that?!" Karuya yelled as she sat up.

Maho pulled out her sword. "Yes." Her tone was dead serious.

"Fine. Do whatever." She went back to playing 'dead'.

Maho turned to the two Gundam pilots. "I forgot something else!" She said with a big psychotic fan girl smile. "These!" She snapped her fingers.

There was another puff of smoke and suddenly Trowa and Duo were dressed in old time detective clothes from the 1920's.

"Okay! Have fun!" Maho said and in yet another puff of smoke, left the train again. Little did the pilots know that she was back in the hotel watching them on a t.v. monitor, eating popcorn, and being waited on by hunky go-go boys...

"Well, this has taken a turn for the weird..." Duo mumbled.

"Duo, it passed that turn miles ago."

"Well thank you Captain Positive."

Trowa rolled his eyes. "Lets just start interviewing people and get this over with."

Then, in yet another puff of smoke Maho appeared again.

"OK! That's it! I am taking away your rights to the smoke machine thingy!!!" Karuya yelled from under the sheet.

Duo and Trowa just looked at each other.

Maho pouted as all her smoke went away. "Bye, bye smoke machine thingy. I knew thee well." She waved goodbye as the last of the smoke trailed out of the open windows of the train.

"Why is she here again?" Duo whispered to Trowa.

Maho spun around. "I forgot just one last thing." She pulled her sword out and pointed it at the far side of the train. In a burst of light a clock appeared. It was counting down the minutes until their three hours were over. "Okay! that's it. I promise that's the last thing. Really. I'm just not used to this kind of stuff. Usually Karuya takes care of the boring details... Okay! Bye!!" And, with that, she left for, hopefully, the last time.

Duo blinked and turned to Trowa. "Have you noticed she always seems to pop in when we are actually about to do something. It's like she doesn't want us to solve this 'murder'." And once again the finger quote things were added.

"That's probably the case."

"Oh..."

Trowa looked around the cabin and surveyed the people in it. Quatre was sitting in one of the seats closest to the body, sipping tea and reading the business section of the newspaper. Trieze and Zechs were near the back of the cabin being served some sort of alcoholic beverage by what looked to be Wufei in a skimpy french maid's uniform... he did a double take, blinked, and decided that he needed to poke his eyes out later. He then looked over to the other side of the train and saw Dorothy and Relena sitting together, holding hands, and looking out of the window. Strangely the girl didn't bother him as much this way... His eyes scanned the rest of the room and he saw Heero who looked to be making out with some person. With. A. Braid. "DUO!!!"

Duo pulled away from Heero and turned to a not to happy looking Trowa. "What?" He asked innocently.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"What does it look like? Shit, I thought that you and Quatre did things like that all the time. I mean just this morning-"

"Get over here!" Trowa interupted.

Duo reluctantly pulled himself off of Heero's lap and went to stand near Trowa. Though he preferred the former position...

Trowa gave him a reprimanding look. "I thought they couldn't remember anything."

"He can't." Duo said slyly.

Trowa groaned. "Duo, we have less than two hours. We have to solve this damn thing before time runs out or, well, I'm not really sure, Maho didn't say."

They both looked around nervously expecting psychotic fan girl #2, aka Maho, to appear again. She didn't.

Both of them let out long sighs of relief they hadn't know they were holding.

"You'll be forced to wear a pink tutu in a crowded amusement park on a Saturday!!!" Karuya yelled from under the sheet, causing everyone on the train to jump up in surprise.

"What the hell kind of punishment is that?!" Trowa screamed, unusually out of character.

"A very embarrassing one..." Duo answered.

"So, Mr. Detective, sir, who do you think did it?" Quatre spoke up

Trowa turned to his lover. "I have no idea."

"Plus she aint even dead." Duo added.

Trowa nodded. He seemed to be doing a lot of that lately. "That too."

Quatre gave them an obviously confused look and shrugged Duo's comment off. To him, if a body was under a sheet and had its eyes closed it was a dead body. So therefore Karuya was dead. Much to the hope of the two pilots who had not ingested the 'fun bubbly purple drink'.

Trowa turned back to Duo. "You go talk to Wufei, Zechs, Trieze and Heero and I'll take Quatre, Dorothy and Relena."

"You'll take them will ya?" Duo smirked

"Just go do what I told you, Duo."

"Got it, boss."

Duo headed over to where Wufei was. Currently he was seated on the lap of Treize and being fondled by Zechs. Duo paused mid step. Did he really want to go over there?

Just when he was about to turn around and head over to Heero, Wufei called to him. "Hey, mister. I heard you had some questions to ask us." Wufei's voice came out deep and sultry. It scared Duo.

Well that settled it. He had to go over there.

"Hello sir... er... madam?... ummm..."

"Just call me 'the maid'." Wufei said.

"O~kay." Duo said, not quite sure how to respond to that.

"So you wanted to question us about something?" Wufei/'the maid' asked.

"Yeah about the murder..."

Treize shifted Wufei/ the maid, on his lap. "Oh that thing? I heard she wasn't even dead."

"Yeah, well she is, or at leas she should be." Duo corrected.

"I heard that!" Karuya yelled... again.

Duo looked around to see if anyone else had noticed that outburst. Only Trowa had. "Did any of you hear that?"

Treize, Zechs, and Wufei/the maid just blinked.

"Are you feeling okay?" Zechs asked.

"No. No I am not."

They all just blinked at him again.

Duo sighed. "Its been a long day..."

"Ah, I know what you mean." Wufei/the maid said. "Keeping up with these two, sometimes, can be a bit hard." He nudged Duo in the ribs. "If you know what I mean?"

"I wish I didn't." Duo said, rubing his now sore ribs. "You know Wu-man you're kinda scary like this..."

Wufei just smiled...

Duo realized that more than anything, he wanted to get off of this damn train and have everyone back to normal. Some things were too bizarre even for him.

"Lets get straight to the point, do any of you know how or why Karuya was killed?" Duo asked, finally getting in to detective mode.

Treize was deep in thought before he answered. "Wait, I thought you said she wasn't dead."

"I did. But lets say that she is."

This time it was Zechs. "So you're trying to find the murderer of a girl who isn't dead? I'm not sure I completely understand you."

"No, you've got it right."

Zechs turned to the other two of the group. "This murderer can't be very good if he killed a woman who isn't dead."

"Isn't that how it works? I thought you were supposed to kill them when they are still alive..." Wufei's voice gave away his confusion.

"You are, but they have to be dead afterward." Treize said as he patted Wufei's head.

"Then why is she alive?" Wufei pouted.

"Because the murderer doesn't know the rules." Zechs re joined the conversation.

"There are rules?" Wufei looked shocked at this knew twist.

"Of course there are..."

After that Duo tuned out of the conversation. It was leading him no where and fast. In fact, all he had learned was that Wufei on 'fun bubbly purple drink' was not very bright and overly feminine. He would have to store this information away for later...

Duo got up and moved over to where Heero was seated. "Hey baby."

Heero looked up from his cup of coffee, "Excuse me, do I know you?"

Duo's jaw hit the ground. "Of course you know me!"

Heero's face signaled no recognition, whatsoever.

"We've been together for almost two years now."

Nothing.

"We were making out, like, ten minutes ago."

Heero's eyes lit up at that. "Oh! Now I remember you. You're cute."

"Thank you. Ummm... did you murder that girl?"

"No."

"You wanna kiss me?"

"Sure."

And so he did...

Meanwhile Trowa was having slightly worse luck than Duo...

"Relena, do. You. Know. Who. Murdered. That. Girl?" Trowa said between clenched teeth.

"What girl?"

"The dead girl."

"There's a dead girl?" Relena wasn't grasping the question very well...

"Well no, but she's pretending to be dead so..." He noticed her confused expression. "...yes, there is a dead girl."

"What dead girl?"

"The dead one!"

"Who's dead?"

"THE GIRL WHO IS NO LONGER LIVING!!" Did I say slightly worse luck? I meant a whole lot of worse luck...

"I'm confused." Relena said as she burst in to sobs.

Dorothy put her the sobbing Relena. "I think you had better leave now."

"I couldn't agree with you more." Trowa stood up and walked over to Quatre.

"So did you find any clues?" Quatre asked as Trowa sat down in the chair across from him.

"None at all."

"Oh that's too bad. Tea?" He offered a glass to Trowa.

"Thanks."

"What would you think of me if I had to wear a pink tutu?"

Quatre tilted his head, "huh?"

"Never mind. Where's Duo?"

"Somewhere over there. See? He's making out with that guy he's making out with." (saddly that makes sence...) Quatre pointed a finger in their direction.

"DUO!!" Trowa was beginning to loose his hard earned 'cool'.

Again Duo reluctantly got off of Heero's lap and walked over to Trowa. "Can I help you?"

"Tell me you found something, anything."

Duo shook his head. "Nothing. You?"

Trowa hung his head low. "Less than nothing."

"What are we going to do? We have to get out of here, 'cause there is no way I'm wearing a pink tutu!"

"And you think I want to?!."

"Well... I did here of a certain leather ball incident so I figured you were in to things like that..."

He trailed off when he saw the look Trowa was giving him. "Never mind. Why don't we just think of a way to solve this."

Both just stood there deep in thought for a moment before Duo's mouth grew in to a wide grin and he yelled, "I've got it!"

"...what?" Trowa asked while trying to get the hearing back in to the ear closest to Duo.

Instead of answering, Duo climbed on to the closest seat. He looked at the room a moment before taking a very deep breath. "WHO HERE KILLED THE DEAD GIRL???"

There was some mumbling around the room before Quatre spoke up. "Is that all? In that case, I did."

Duo and Trowa stood stock still staring, eyes wide and mouths open, at Quatre. "You?" Duo finally asked.

"Yeah, her friend, the one with the sword, asked me to do it." He took another sip of tea as if he didn't just admit to homicide.

Duo and Trowa looked at each other and back at Quatre before returning their gaze to each other.

"I feel I should be bothered by this..." Duo said

"...But I'm just... not."

Duo looked at the clock on the wall and noticed that they had at least an hour left on it. It had also stopped ticking.

"That was sort of anti-climactic..." Duo admitted.

"Yeah..."

"Maybe we should do something else."

Trowa raised an eyebrow. "Like what, exactly?"

Duo shrugged. "We coul-"

Just then the train started to screech to a halt as it entered a blinding Bluish greeny light. Everything started to light up and the five gundam pilots were transported back to the Watergate motel. Each being knocked unconscious along the way.

Hours later, when they finally awoke everyone was in there right clothes, though slightly disoriented. Quatre was a bit unnerved at the whole situation and Heero was ranting about how he remembered everything and how he planned to would kill, or at least maim, the Girls next time he saw them. That is if he could stand up to Karuya. She was kinda scary...

But coincidentally Wufei claimed to remember none of the days occurrences. Not that anyone believed him or that Duo would let him forget.

All in all things turned out fine after their second 'game'. Heero and Duo were back to their old ways...

"Heero, I missed you so much." Duo said as he grabbed hold of Heero's hand and led him up the stairs.

"Baka, I was right there."

"But still..."

"Baka."

And Quatre and Trowa were, well, they just were...

"C'mon snuggle bunny, I've got an invitation to another party." Quatre called to Trowa

"I'm coming my carbonated sugar bear!"

"Better not be, without me!"


...And Wufei ran from the room with a nose bleed...

Everything had gone back to normal... or so they thought...


I'm baaaaaack! Hi! its me, Maho, again! Well I hope you enjoyed moi's chappie! Teh... I stayed up all night writting this. Seriously. The night/day/morning/thing I wrote this I didn't go to bed. I had been awake for about thirty six hours when the end of this was written so if any of it seams ummm how do I put it? psychotic? sleep deprived? pointless and odd? that explains it. LA LI HO! bai bai minna! *waves. snaps her fingers and dissapears in a puff of smoke*