Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A New Ally(1) ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author's Note: Alrighty, this is my first GW fanfic so please be kind. Please review it means a lot to me! This story may seem a bit slow and maybe confusing at the beginning, but the further along into the storyline, the more sense it makes. For disclaimer, see end of page. Also, if anyone has any questions or suggestions then feel free to let me know in the reviews or e-mail me at Aly_Rain_ZZ@yahoo.com
Thanks!
-AlyRain

A New Ally (1): Prologue

In the year A.C. 182,

In a large office building in New York City,
A middle-aged man named Mike Franklin sat at a large, expensive desk in a fancy office overlooking the city. The man was quickly typing on a computer while an unknown person began pounding on the door.

"I know you're in there Franklin!" A gruff voice called from the other side of the door. Franklin glanced towards the door with a frightened look and continued typing. He stopped typing long enough to pull a disk from the open briefcase on his desk. Hastily shoving the disk into the computer, he began saving all of the information onto it.

Once the disk was done copying all of the information, Franklin ejected it from the disk drive and quickly scribbled "Mobile Suit Designs, Location, and Operation Sunrise" onto the label on the disk. He pulled a manila envelope out of his briefcase and put the disk into it along with a letter. Sealing the envelope, he quickly wrote, "Cherise Franklin" and an address on the front. He stood up and walked over to the mail slot in the wall and dropped the large envelope into it.

The frazzled man walked back over to his computer and began deleting all the information on it. The man who had been pounding on the door was now trying to break it open. The Door was rattling on its hinges as the unknown man continued pounding on it.

"Franklin, open this damned door! You know why I'm here so you just give it up already!"

Mike Franklin could hear the man's body slamming against the door as he tried to break it down. He glanced at his watch, knowing the envelope down in the mailroom would be picked up within the next few minutes. The man on the other side of the door succeeded in breaking it open and pulled out his gun, leveling it at Franklin.

"You know why I'm here don't you? You've got information and my boss wants it." He said in a gruff voice.

"It doesn't matter if you kill me. The information's already been sent out. You're too late." Franklin said with a self-satisfied smirk.

"But you do still have some of the information on your computer." The hitman said.

"No just one page is all you'll get, a page of nothing! What will your boss think about that?" Franklin said triumphantly.

"My boss won't like it very much. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to kill you anyway. Good bye Franklin." The hitman said and shot Franklin without hesitation.

"What a shame... If you hadn't gotten on my boss' bad side maybe you would have been able to at least say good-bye to that darling little family of yours." The hitman stared at the body on the floor for a moment before stepping over it and walking out the broken door.

***

A.C. 195:

A girl who appeared to be around 15 years old with light brown, shoulder length hair and silvery-blue eyes sat staring at the vid-phone on the desk in front of her. She regretted having to pick it up, knowing she would have nothing of good news to say when she did.

The girl nervously drummed her fingers on the desktop and stared at the vid-phone a while longer. With a sigh, she turned on the screen and entered the number. The call was answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" A male voice inquired. An image of a middle-aged man with sandy-blonde hair and a mustache came onto the screen. The girl took a breath before answering.

"Hello Mr. Winner, is Quatre available?" The girl asked, raising an eyebrow the slightest bit. Mr. Winner looked distressed at the mention of his son's name.

"Oh hello little Miss Shadows. I'm sorry, but Quatre is not here at the moment."

The girl smiled politely. "Oh, well do you know where he is, Mr. Winner?"

"No, I do not know where Quatre is..." Mr. Winner looked nervous. The girl could not tell if he was nervous about his son's whereabouts, or simply talking about him.

"If you will excuse me, Miss Shadows, but I really must go..." Mr. Winner said quickly. She raised her eyebrow even further and a look of concern passed over her features.

"No it's alright. If you hear from him soon, please let him know I called."

Mr. winner nodded. "Good bye Miss Shadows."

"Good bye." The screen went blank and the girl stared at it with a puzzled look.

'I'm sorry I won't be able to say goodbye... Where are you...?' Ms. Shadows inquired silently to herself.

To Be Continued...

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing or its characters in any way, shape, or form. I do however own the Franklins and "Miss Shadows".

Warning: Before you continue reading this fic, I want to clarify something-this fanfic has many added characters, so if you don't like that kinda fic then you may not like this one.

Please Review!