Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A New Life to Live ❯ It's Quittin' Time! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A New Life To Live

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing, if I did, Duo would stay in my bedroom and Relena would be skewered on top of the Eiffel Tower.

Warnings: This story is yaoi, so if the idea of a guy/guy relationship irks you then DON'T READ!

Pairings: 3x4, I'll try and do 2x1. And Wuffie's all on his lonesome…Ah well.

Dogs=Quatre's thoughts

Um….this is my first fic so go easy on me, will ya? Reviews are greatly appreciated*puppy dog eyes*

And a BIG thanks goes out to Deaths Dragon. Without her I would never have had the courage to do this.

Well….on with the fic!

Chapter 1- It's quittin' time

Prince Quatre Rebarba Winner ran down the hallways as fast as he could. Prince Quatre was 5'8'' with pale skin from spending his time inside all the time. He had white-blond hair and fantastic sea-green eyes. All the women of the kingdom were fawning over him, but he showed no interest in them because he didn't lean that way (1). He was supposed to have met his father fifteen minutes ago but got sidetracked in the stables looking after his stead Sandrock (2) and lost track of time.

I wonder what father wants this time. I hope he's not going to harp on about how 'the only male heir to the WinnerKingdomshould like women, not men'. I already told him that I'm not going to go against my feelings just to please him. Quatre mused. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he almost ran his sister Eraya (3) down.

'Hey Quatre, shouldn't you be with dad. He looked pretty upset last time I saw him.' Eraya yelled

'I know, but I lost track of time.' He replied, and kept on running. He had a feeling he wouldn't like this 'conversation'. He was right.

'Oh. So you finally decided to grace us with you presence son.' His father said as he came in 'You know it's not polite to keep a lady waiting.'

Us? Lady? What on earth is he on about? Is there something father needs to tell me? (4)

'I'm sorry father but I was busy in the stables tending to Sandrock, and I lost track of time' Quatre explained

'Oh Quatre I do wish you would leave that to the stable-boys. That is what they are paid for…never mind. Quatre I would like you to meet your new fiancée…Dorothy Catalonia (5).

All of the colour drained from Quatre face

No…no…no…it can't be!

(A.N I was gonna end it here but it's not exactly long so….)

'Father! I've already discussed this with you. I will not, I repeat, will not be taking a bride. And that is final.' Quatre growled at the King.

'Quatre, be reasonable. Miss Catalonia is the daughter of Duke Dermail…

'I know who she is!' Quatre snarled

'…and therefore will be an excellent choice of bride.' He finished, paying no heed to Quatre's interruption. Quatre took a deep breath to try and calm himself down. He knew his father would not listen to him if he was all worked up like this.

'May we please continue this in private, father?' He asked, shooting an icy glare in Dorothy's direction, making her shrink behind the King.

'Of course, son. Johnson!' He called the servant 'Take Miss Catalonia to the dining hall and tell the cook to make whatever she desires. Is that understood?' Earning an affirmative from Johnson he dismissed them and turned to his son.

'What is the meaning of this? You know damn well where my preferences lie, so what is the point of this shenanigan?!' Quatre all but shouted at him.

'Well I thought that if you spent enough time around a bride that it might make you…well…normal.' The King exclaimed, fully believing his explanation. But when he saw his son's face go red, he hastily began to rethink his views.

'NORMAL!! I AM normal because there is nothing wrong with me, except for the fact that I have a narrow-minded father!' He spat.

'But I thought…' The King tried again

'No, you didn't think. All you care about is me me me.' Quatre interrupted.

'That is enough! I WILL not put up with this kind of insolence! As long as you live under MY house, you will obey MY rules. Is that understood?' The King roared.

'FINE!!!' And with that Quatre slammed out of the room and stalked down the hall towards his own quarters, steaming about what had transpired. Anyone with enough brains hastily removed themselves from his path, so they would not be on the receiving end of that death-glare.

Fine! If that is how he wants to play it that's fine, because I quit! I give up! I want out, and I know just the way to do it.

As the evening drew to a close and the stars started to twinkle into sight, the King made his way down to his son's room intent on trying to reach some sort of compromise. But as he squeaked the door open and turned on the candles, he was shocked to find that Quatre was gone.

'GUARDS!!! I want you to find him! Find him now!!' When no-one moved the King let out one soul-shattering 'MOVE!!!' And suddenly the whole palace was alive.