Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I don't own...but I want!!

Authoress Note: Ahhh!!!! Finals!! Ayanami go crazy!!! But, Ayanami still tries her hardest to find time to write. Worry not, summer break approaches!! Then, Ayanami will put her Tama-neko to good use! Well, here we have Normal Life Chapter 9, written when Ayanami found that Tama-neko had sneaked his way to school in her jacket pocket. ^_^ So, Ayanami decided to ignore history lecture and write! Hehehehe.....Ayanami got away with it too....

Tama-neko: I wasn't going to help you write, I was going to try to escape!!

That's alright! Ayanami still loves you!! *hug*

Tama-neko: Why me? Oh, gods, why me?!

* * * * *

A Normal Life: Chapter 9

* * * * *

Relena sat next to Heero, with little Ayame in her lap. They had been sitting there watching the shows for the past two hours. It was about 10 at night right now, and while all the band members were going strong, high off of a potent mixture of sugar and caffeine (some dare call it coffee), the little girls were getting tired. Aiko, on the other side of Heero, was leaning against him, eyelids drooping. Ayame had long since declared "Na-tine!" and fallen asleep in Relena's arms. The princess even found herself leaning against Heero, taking in his warmth. What surprised her was when he put his arm around her waist and pulled her closer still.

She didn't complain. Still munching on popcorn, she watched the last band finished its performance, and the awards ceremony begin. She didn't watch much more. Enveloped in the warmth of Heero's arms, she fell into a light sleep.

* * * * *

Relena jerked awake as a roar filled the stands. Everyone around her was cheering and screaming, save for the few that had, like her, had fallen asleep, and were now sleepily asking what the hell was going on. She turned her head to the broadly grinning man text to her, a questioning look in her eyes.

"What happened?" she asked.

"We won High Brass." he said, explaining that it was an award given to the best brass section at the competition. "And guess who's a brass section leader." he once again grinned, pleased with his achievement.

"And now the Percussion awards. Will the following schools step forward. Western, Royal, Esperanza, Kennedy, West." The announcers voice floated over them. "And Fifth place goes to...West High!"

This was met with stunned silence. Then, wild cheering.

"We placed!! We placed!!" Karou jumped up from her seat a few rows dow, screaming. Heero's eyebrows raised as his jaw dropped.

"They placed. The next thing you know, Carrie will come to school not attached to a coffee cup. The would IS coming to an end." he muttered, amazed. Relena laughed out loud. She hadn't the slightest clue who this Carrie was, but it still was funny.

It suddenly occurred to her that she should feel uncomfortable so close to a man, but she didn't. In fact, having his arms around her made her feel safe and protected.

After a few more awards were presented, the event came to a close, and the bands started to clear out. The truck had been loaded, so they were ready to return to the schools.

Everyone quickly changed out of their uniforms, and then loaded onto the four busses. Relena, Heero, and everyone else climbed onto bus 1, also known as the drummer bus.

The bus was full of a Very Happy drum line.

"WE PLACED! YES!!" someone cried. Heero squeezed down the aisle, making his way to his normal seat. When he arrived, he found his seat taken.

"You. Freshmen. Move." he ordered, and the boy sitting there quickly complied. He grinned, and sat down. Aiko scrambled in, and took her place on her fathers lap. Relena sat next to him, Duo sitting in the seat behind them, ready to let the teasing begin.

Then Rose sat down next to Duo. She had been thinking all night long, and was ready to inform Duo of the circumstances of his conception and birth.

"OK, your name is Kevin, and your Daddy is Jay."

"Jay?" Heero inquired. "Was Mommie drunk again?"

"Very." she replied. "Let's see...to make you, we did it...where? Bathroom floor's taken, laundry basket is taken, beds are boring..."

"Band bus?" Heero suggested. Duo glared.

"Band Bus!! " she cried. "Hell, I WAS drunk!" Duo glared at Heero some more, as Relena laughed some more. Ayame giggled with her. The child had no idea what was so funny, but it was fun to laugh.

"What're you laughing at??" Heero demanded, making a face at the little girl. She laughed more, and then squealed when he reached down to tickle her.

Relena held on to the squirming girl, trying to protect her from her merciless father. Heero, finding his target unaccessable, went after what was designated Target Number Two in his mind: Relena.

He didn't know if she was ticklish or not. Well, now he knew. She was ticklish. Very ticklish. She burst into laughter at the slightest touch. He would have tickled her until she was out of breath, but much to his dismay, Aiko had woken up, and attacked him. He reacted instantly, pinning the child's arms to the seat in front of them, inadvertently leaving his back open to Relena, who quickly took advantage of the situation.

This cycle continued until they were all too tired to go on. Relena half collapsed onto Heero, falling asleep as fast as Aiko and Ayame. The last thing she heard before the darkness took her was Heero's strong, gentle heartbeat.

* * * * *

Heero shook Relena, gently waking her up.

"Come on, it's time to go." he got up and led her off the bus, he carrying Aiko, and her carrying Ayame. Karou took the child from Relena's arms, and got on the bike she had rode to the school that morning. Duo took Aiko and climbed on one of the bikes pulled off the truck. Heero and Relena climbed onto the other. She leaned onto his back, wrapping her arms around his waist, and fell asleep.

Ten minutes later they arrived at Heero's house, but Relena wouldn't wake up. Heero picked her up and walked into the house, followed by a sleepy Karou and a Duo who was wishing he had a camera.

Heero brought his sleeping beauty to the guest room, and set her down gently on the bed. He pulled the covers over her body, and left the room, with one last glance at her sleeping form. He quickly put Aiko and Ayame to bed, because Karou had crashed on one of the couches in the main room, Duo sprawling on the other. He smiled, and headed for his own room.

* * * * *

"Have you found out why our first spy hasn't checked in yet?"

"Uh, yes, sir." a static-filled voice came over the radio.

"And...?" he prompted.

"Single bullet, back of the head, execution style." he reported.

"I see. The Princess is there, then?"

"I believe so, sir. Her things are in Yuy's house."

"Good. You watch the house. If you see Miss Peacecraft, kill her."

"Yes, s--" the voice cut off in a burst of static.

"What happened? Solder, report!" he ordered. There was a loud cracking sound, and the radio went dead.

After a few moments of trying to reestablish the connection, he leaned backin his chair. Turing to the man standing next to him, he spoke. "Send in the next man."

"Yes, sir."

* * * * *

Hmmm.....you like? I promise more soon, many boring periods of nothingness and hopefully Tama-neko will continue to follow me to school...what a dedicated muse...

Tama-neko: Please, have mercy on me!! Just kill me now!!

*hugs for all*

* * * * *

-Ayanami_Chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net
http://go.to/aya nami_shrine