Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Shot at Normalcy: University Life? ❯ An eventful morning ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: - I do not own Gundam Wing or any of the other anime series. I write this purely for my amusement and for the entertainment of others. I earn just about $0 every time some one reads this. ^_^

A/N: Please read A/N at the end. Its long, but please read it.^_^

Chapter 13: An eventful morning

Trowa woke up early. He hadn't been able to get much sleep last night. The reason being quite obvious. He decided to go and make something to eat for himself. He wasn't going to go and wake up Jade. He wondered if she had ever had alcohol before. He was busy preparing breakfast when he heard Jade get up. He picked up the breakfast tray and carried it to her room. She was sitting up in bed with her hands on her temples. Her hair was tousled and her dress was creased and bunched up in interesting places. One of straps of her dress had slipped down from her shoulder. Her eyes were heavy with sleep and she was in obvious pain. Trowa just stood in the doorway stupidly looking at her, though his face was as inexpressive as ever. She sensed him and looked up and smiled at him even though she had a headache. He forced himself to smile at her. He would have to be careful with his feelings around her. She was an empath and a sharp one at that.

"Breakfast?" He asked her.

"Got some pills?" she asked him.

"Try some hot tea first." With that he handed her a cup of tea and settled down on her bed with the breakfast.

"I'd better wash my face first."

"Okay."

She slid off from the bed and righted her dress, went to her closet and picked out her pyjamas and a towel, and exited towards the bathroom. On her way out, she grabbed the doorjamb to help her deal with the killer headache. The headache was killing her. She was wondering what has caused that headache. As far as she remembered, she did not have any alcohol neither did she gorge on the food. She wasn't ill either. She tried to ignore the headache and tried to freshen up. She stole a glance at herself in the mirror above the sink. She was a mess. She changed her clothes and looked at her dress. It needed a trip to the dry-cleaners.

She returned to her room. Trowa was looking trough her collection of books. Her own personal library, she was proud of it. She just walked around him and flopped back down on her bed. The headache was really driving her crazy. She felt a hand on her shoulder and opened her eyes. Trowa was there. She wasn't even able to heed her emphatic abilities. They seemed somehow… muffled.

"Headache?"

"A monster of a headache."

"Did you have the tea yet?"

"No."

"Have it. It'll help."

"How do you know?"

"Aren't we a bit touchy? It's a hangover that you have. The tea will help a bit."

"A hangover?" She asked him bluntly.

"Yes, A hangover. You were drunk last night."

"What?"

"What did you drink last night?"

"I dunno, water, juice and just some drinks that Duo and Hilde gave me."

Suddenly realisation dawned on her, and Trowa grinned. She jumped out of her bed and was out of the door in a flash.

"Oh boy! Duo's in for it now." Trowa said to himself.

He decided to wait for a while before he checked on the situation. Meanwhile, he sat there on her bed, happily eating his breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~

Duo was still in bed when Jade barged right in.

"Where did you get the key?" He asked in a sleepy voice when he saw her.

"I don't need a key," she stated blandly, her eyes were burning.

"Hey what's wrong?" Duo asked her, concern in his voice. Whether that concern was regarding her well being or his safety, it is hard to tell.

Without further ado, she pulled him out of the bed by the black T-shirt that he was wearing.

"Hey cool down, what's wrong?" He asked her, trying to free himself from her death grip.

"You are what's wrong. I'm going to kill you after what you did last night."

And she punched him right in the jaw. He staggered back and then stared at her as though she had sprouted horns or something.

"You hit me?!"

"Yes I did and I am going to kill you," she said with venom in her voice.

"This time I am not going to hold back Jade and you don't have Trevor to save you," Duo said equally venomously.

"Bring it on. Time to show you that I am not any weakling that you think I am and last time Trevor stopped me from breaking your neck," She said with an evil smirk.

Duo smirked too and then charged towards her in order to punch her. She dodged him effortlessly.

"You are fast but not fast enough," she said before landing another punch in his gut.

~~~~~~~~~~

Trowa finished his breakfast and washed up the plates, and then glanced at his watch. She had been gone for about fifteen minutes and he could still hear breaking noises. Most likely, Heero was not home and they were beating each other up. He got up and went to the adjoining suite. The door was open. He walked in. What he saw made his eyes wide as saucers.

The room was a mess and the two of them were fighting in a tangle of braids. After a while, both of them were on the ground in a very compromising position, with Jade beating the hell out of Duo. And Duo was fighting back too. He managed to fling her away and managed to dislocate her shoulder. And what was really surprising was that she popped it back into place and charged back at him. Trowa caught her midway and just then Heero entered. He had gone somewhere.

"Jade calm down," Trowa tried to reason with her. She was squirming to get away from him.

"Let me go Trowa, I do not want to hit you."

"Enough. Calm down. We are going back. Remember you have a headache."

"Beating him helped."

Duo was brushing off the imaginary dirt from his shirt. Heero assessed the situation and then looked at Duo. Jade had stopped squirming and was glaring daggers at Duo.

"So Duo? You got beat up by a girl?" Heero asked him with a sneer.

Jade glared at Heero and went and punched him in the gut causing him to keel over in pain.

"Just so you know Heero, I am not just any girl." With that she walked out of the door. Trowa just looked at the two guys who had been punched by Jade and then quietly walked out closing the door behind him.

When he entered his suite, he found Jade lying down on the couch, with her hand on her head. She opened one eye when she heard him come in and gave him a weak smile.

"I was wondering how you managed to beat him up with that headache that you have. Looking at you now, no one would say that you did that much damage."

That brought an unexpected laugh from her.

"I don't know either. I guess it just happened. I was angry at him and at myself."

He went towards the couch and she scooted over a bit to let him sit. He went and sat down beside her.

"I would never have thought of you being capable of doing that."

She was about to say something, but he silenced her.

"Your breakfast's getting cold and you need your rest."

She could not disagree with that. She just nodded weakly and said, "Thanks Trowa."

He walked away to get her the breakfast that she had abandoned in favour of beating up Duo.

When he came back she seemed to be fast asleep. He put the tray down and shook her. She awoke with a grimace.

"Hurts?"

"Duh."

"Sorry."

"No probs. Got an Advil?"

"Breakfast first."

"Fine."

She took the offered food and finished it off in no time.

"Advil please."

"You seem to be feeling better," he told her while handing her the Advil that she so badly wanted.

"Yeah. The breakfast, sleep and beating Duo up helped."

"Your hair's all tangled."

"Huh?"

"I said …"

"I heard it the first time."

"So why did you look at me like that?"

"I just never expected you to say something like that."

"Do you mind if I brush it out for you?"

"Huh?!?!"

"You are hurt and I can see that your ribs are bruised. I don't think that you will be quiet able to reach the back of your head."

"Yea, you are right. The brush is on my table."

On the way to her room Trowa kept thinking to himself. What in the world had possessed him to ask her if he could brush her hair? Maybe it was just the fact that he had wanted to run his hands through her hair right since the time he saw her and now was probably the best chance that he might get.

He got her brush and she took it from him. That stunned him a bit.

At the look of surprise on his face she just said, "Don't worry, I can manage it. I can reach the back of my head easily enough."

"If you say so"

He handed her the brush and left to go to his room. He had a few assignments to do. He hadn't had a chance to tell her that he had broken up with Sonia and neither had any of the other guys. Speaking of guys, he just realized that Jade seemed to get along with guys much better than with girls. Not that she didn't get along with the girls; it was just that she seemed to get along better with guys. He was still thinking about that and he had walked back into the living room. He saw that Jade was not there. She must have most probably gone back to her room. He could hear grunts and other noises coming from her room. Only God knew what she was doing there. He went back to his room.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

He had handed her the brush and then went to his room. She took the brush form him and combed out the tangled mass of hair. It took her about ten minutes to get everything straightened out. She then got up and went to her room. There was still the dull throbbing pain in her head, but she could live with it. Trowa was being overly nice to her. She wondered why.

"He wanted to brush my hair. Why?" she said to herself in a low voice. "Why the hell would he want to do that?" She was scowling but somehow the scowl changed into a smirk. He was one funny person. Though no one in their right mind would call Trowa funny in any way, she found his perpetually stoic face and apathetic manner funny.

She couldn't remember going into her room. She decided that Trowa must have put her in her bed. That morning he seemed to know just what she needed.

"Why was he being so nice?" she thought to herself.

It had felt good beating up Duo. He had gotten better than the last time, but she was still the better fighter. He was quick and all, but he was very predictable. He had managed to land quite a few punches and kicks compared to the last time and this time surprisingly, he had even been able to dislocate her shoulder. It hurt like crazy, but she could live with it. She was strong. She decided to put a bandage around her bruises and sprains. She took care of the minor injuries easily, but she wasn't able to reach the bruise on her back. Mainly because of the pain in her ribs and also because of the dislocated shoulder. She tried her best, but she could not reach behind her back.

"Looks like I'm going to have the clown boy for help." She took the roll of bandage and went to Trowa's room.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hearing the knock at his bedroom door, he got up to see who it was. It was most probably Jade, but it could also be Heero or Duo. Neither of them ever needed keys to open doors.

"Open the door. It's just me."

Yes, it was Jade. She must have sensed his hesitation.

"Hey open up already."

He opened the door to have a fist pounded into his chest. He staggered back a few feet from the impact. Boy did that girl pack a punch!

"Sorry. I'm soooo sorry. I didn't mean to do that," Jade said apologetically, slightly rubbing the spot where she had accidentally hit him, hoping that it would release some of his pain. What she didn't know was that, that simple touch caused butterflies to flutter in Trowa's stomach. He just stood there looking at her while she ran her hand over his chest. After a while she looked up. She saw him looking at her and only then did she realise what she had been doing. She immediately turned away to face away from him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that," She murmured.

'Didn't mean to do what? Hit me or do what she was doing right now?' Trowa thought to himself. However, he only said, "Its okay."

There was an uncomfortable silence for a while, during which Jade was trying to look at anything other than Trowa. Finally he broke the silence.

"So what is it that you wanted?"

"Oh! Sorry, I forgot."

"You are pretty apologetic today."

"Sorry, didn't mean to be."

"See what I mean? You just apologised."

"Sorry."

"Okay so what is it that you wanted?

"I wanted you to bandage up my shoulder and my ribs."

"You want me to do what?"

"Bandage up…"

"I heard it the first time. What I mean is why you need me to do it and how the hell am I supposed to do it." For him to do what she asked, she would have to take off her shirt, unless she wanted him to put the bandage over her shirt.

She handed him the bandages and then started taking off her shirt. She managed to take it off with only one hand. Trowa couldn't take his eyes off her. She had well chiselled arms and a washboard stomach. And the olive complexion was overall, not just a tan.

"What are you waiting for, get on with it," She snapped

"Uh…Yeah"

He went up to her and started tying the bandage around her ribs. He could see that they were badly bruised. He tried being as easy as possible.

"Please so it properly," she requested and he complied.

After a while he asked her, "Those are pretty bad bruises. Do they hurt?"

"They hurt but I can live with it."

She was strong. He had known many people who would be complaining like crazy about bruises like hers. He finished bandaging her ribs and then moved on to her shoulder. Since she had popped it, he thought that it would be better to check the condition. To his surprise, she had managed to fix it exactly correctly.

"Surprised? Don't be. I have done this before many a times. Just position it properly and bandage the muscle that I sprained in the process."

From her tone he could make out that she had done it before. He did as she asked and then looked up at her.

"Feeling better now?" he asked her while getting up.

"Yes, thanks." She stood up too. And unexpectedly gave him a hug. He was stunned for a while, but then slowly wrapper his arms around her waist careful not to touch her already injured ribs.

"Another favour. Can you help me put on my shirt?" she asked.

"Okay."

========================================================= =======

A/N: Yep. Another chapter. Shorter than the first ones and late as usual. Its 1.05 am (at night) and I have just finished typing and rechecking this thing. I hope you like it. It's a bit sappy and out of focus, but its just something that I wanted to write. What I have done is for a reason. You will realise that in further chapters. I know I have abandoned Duo and Hilde and Quatre and Dorothy in the past few chappies. Do you want me 2 elaborate on their relationship too? If so please tell me. I was planning 2 make it basically a Trowa/oc fic and secondary Heero/Relena fic.

As for Wufei. He will be making an appearance in the later chapters. I do hope you like it till now.

And thank you once again for reading this fic of mine. I thank all the reviewers. I am sorry I don't do personal responses, but I love you all and do keep reading. And I would like some ideas too (though I already have the story line, I can always incorporate the ideas in the story). Please review. Reviews encourage me. If it weren't fro reviews this chapter would be out much later than this. If you think some parts are bad or inappropriate do tell me. All comments are appreciated.^_^