Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For You ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing or it's characters.

Always There For You Chapter 2:

Rain was sitting in her aunt Noin's lap. Milliardo was sitting beside her. It was two days after the accident with Relena. Rain had not spoken at all in those past two days. They asked her what had happened. Hilde and Duo had tried to tell them the day before, but, they hadn't been able to stop crying long enough. Rain spoke softly without looking up.

"I saw my daddy run across the big road and then uncle Duo stopped the merry-go-round. He helped me and Derek off, then took us over to where Mommy and Auntie Hilde were standing. Mommy didn't look happy about something and started yelling to Daddy to watch out. He looked like he didn't know what she was saying and kept walking. I saw a giant truck coming towards Daddy and gasped. I held Uncle Duo's hand tighter and watched Daddy stop and stare at the big truck. I heard a loud horn from the big truck and the screech as it tried to stop. Mommy ran out into the road and shoved Daddy out of the way. Then she tripped. I watched Daddy try to get her out of the way. I heard Mommy screaming, then she was quiet...

'RELENA!!!' I heard my daddy scream. The big truck stopped a little ways down the road. The driver jumped out and came running back to where Daddy was holding Mommy and yelling her name. Auntie Hilde ran out to Mommy and Daddy and the driver of the big truck.

'Mommy?' I whispered softly. I couldn't see Mommy, just Daddy and Aunt Hilde's backs. Uncle Duo turned to me and Derek.

'You two stay here, no matter what. Understand?' He said. Derek and I nodded and Uncle Duo ran out to Daddy and the others. I bit the edge of my lower lip and started shaking. Derek grabbed my hand and held it tight. I looked at him and he gave me a look to try to make me feel better.

I heard sirens in and then an ambulance and a bunch of police cars showed up. I heard them ask Daddy what happened, but he couldn't talk. They kept saying things like, "Oh dear god, no, not the Vice-Foreign Minister..." and things like that. I they put Mommy on a bed on wheels and put some kind of thing over her mouth that looked like a big balloon. They told Daddy to step back and Auntie and Uncle Maxwell held him back.

All of them were crying...I've never seen Daddy cry before. I was so scared. I just stood there for what seemed like forever...and then... all of the people trying to help Mommy stopped. One of them looked at Daddy with tears in his eyes.

'I'm sorry but there is nothing more we can do...we couldn't bring her back...' He said. I got even more scared.

'Derek what do they mean?' I asked him. I looked up at him. He looked almost as scared as me. I turned away when I heard Daddy talking again.

'No, No, No. No! She can't be gone! There's got to be something you can do damn it!' I heard Daddy say. The people shook their heads.

The same man who had talked before looked at another man and said, 'Contact the hospital, tell them that we couldn't do anything...the Vice-Foreign Minister is gone...' I heard this and felt...like I was...I couldn't move at all if I tried. Did they mean Mommy was gone? That Mommy wasn't ever going to wake up?

Daddy started crying a lot. They put Mommy's bed on wheels into the ambulance and closed the doors. Mommy wasn't moving. Auntie and Uncle Maxwell were holding Daddy and they all cried.

'Mommy!? Mommy Wake up!' I yelled. I had started crying. My eyes were hurting from tears. I started to run to Mommy and Daddy, but Derek wouldn't let me.

'No, no, no! Let me go! I have to get to Mommy!' I yelled. I tried to get away, but Derek is stronger than me. The ambulance started to leave. '

No! Mommy, come back! Mommy, come back! Derek let me go! I have to get to Mommy!' I looked at Derek. He was crying too. He sat on the ground and pulled me onto his lap and hugged me tight.

'Rain, you have to stay here!' Derek said. He held me tight to keep me with there.

'But I'm scared! I have to get to my Mommy!' I told him. Derek shook his head and held me tighter.

'Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you...I promise...it'll be ok.' He said. He was trying to make me feel better.

I looked over his shoulder at the ambulance going around the corner and my Daddy and Derek's Mommy and Daddy fell on their knees while they cried more.

I buried my face in Derek's shoulder and looked up again.

'MOMMY!!!' I screamed. I can still hear myself yelling to her...in my head...I keep hearing it...again and again..." Rain said.

Noin and Milliardo hugged her tight. They tried not to cry. They did not want to frighten her. She was crying again.

"Where'd Mommy go? I want my Mommy back!" Rain sobbed. Milliardo and Noin could not think of anything to say to calm Rain down. They could only hold her while she cried herself to sleep.

*****

A.C. 207, Fall - At a school in L.A. near the Preventors headquarters building, Rain, who was six years old and in first grade at the time, was standing next to the monkey bars on the playground of her school. She looked around for a moment, then looked down. She smoothed a wrinkle out of her shirt and continued watching the other children playing near by.

It was Rain's first year at that school, and her third week there. Rain was feeling sad because she missed Derek. Duo and Hilde had returned to L2 after Relena's death and had only talked to Heero and the others once in the past two years.

Rain was doing very well considering she had taken her mother's death the hardest of all. After Relena's death, Heero had become determined to be the best parent he could, he refused to let his sadness take over him so horribly that someone else would have to raise Rain. Heero spent even more time with Rain, and had been a completely loving father for the past three years.

Milliardo and Noin had also been a big help over the past couple of years, baby-sitting Rain whenever Heero had to go somewhere out of town for a long time. Now three years later, everything seemed almost normal, minus the fact that Rain hadn't seen Derek in three years. Having not seen her closest friend in three years had been very hard on Rain and Heero hoped that her going to this new school would help her make some new friends. Rain still hadn't really made any friends at her new school and often times kept to herself at recess, which was what she was doing right then.

Rain looked up to see a group of three girls her age standing near by playing hopscotch and talking about the new boy at their school, who was in third grade. Rain recognized all three of the girls and recalled their names. The one with short blonde hair was named Katrina, the one with long light brown hair was Alisa, and the one with long platinum blonde hair was Chelsea.

"So what's his name?" The girl who was now hopping, Katrina, asked her friends.

"I don't know, my brother Jack said he's in his class and everyone calls him Max." Chelsea replied.

"I heard he's really nice and really funny." Alisa put in.

"So is he here today?" Katrina asked, looking around the playground, searching for all of the third graders.

"No, he's only been here one day and he's already missed a day of school!" Alisa replied.

"Really?" Katrina asked, turning back to her friends.

"Yeah, yesterday was his first day and everyone already likes him!" Chelsea added.

Rain listened to this and wondered who this "Max" boy was. Soon after she thought that, the teachers called all of the first-third graders inside.

The next day during recess, Rain was off by herself again, but this time even farther away from the door than she had been the day before. Rain was completely out of the teachers' sights, standing near a wall. She was absorbed in thought. Rain heard someone approaching and looked up. She looked up from the ground to see that she had been surrounded by a group of four second graders. Rain recognized them as a group of bullies who liked to pick on first graders. Rain looked at each one of them and recalled their names. The one with dark brown, almost black hair was Scott, the leader. The one with blonde hair was named Brandon. The boy with the light brown hair with the smug smile was Joe, and the brunette was named Mike.

Rain began to feel nervous as they walked closer to her. Rain's father had been teaching her self-defense, but she still wasn't prepared enough yet. Rain got more and more worried as they got closer and closer, but didn't let it show. It wasn't until they had her pinned against a wall and were yelling cruel things at her that she began to let on about her fear. Rain was terrified. She closed her eyes and prayed they would go away soon.

"Hey!" Someone yelled from behind the group of bullies. Rain opened her eyes to see the group turning to see who'd spoken. Rain peered around them to see two third graders standing there, looking angry. The one on the left had light brown hair and blue eyes and the one on the right had chocolate brown hair that looked like a mix between bluish-black and chestnut brown. He had startling almost violet eyes. Rain recognized the one on the left as Jack Wales, the brother of the girl in her class who'd been playing hopscotch the previous day. The other boy Rain didn't know but thought he looked familiar. Jack spoke again.

"Scott, what are you and your little buddies doing? You wouldn't be picking on first graders again would you? Because I thought you said you were going to stop that little habit of yours." Jack said with a hard look at Scott.

Scott and his buddies got really nervous and loosened their grip on Rain. Rain remembered that Jack had a reputation for sticking up for first graders since his sister was in first grade. The other boy that Rain didn't recognize obviously had the same reputation, because Scott and his buddies got even more nervous when they received a hard stare from him.

"We weren't doing anything Jack, we were just playing a little game here." Scott said nervously.

"Really? Is that so?" Jack asked looking at Rain. Rain shook her head violently. Jack turned back to Scott and his buddies and gave them a look as if to say 'Don't ever lie to me again!'

"Scott why don't you and your buddies just leave her alone." The boy Rain didn't know said, giving them a fiery look. Scott didn't say anything, he just looked afraid.

"Well we umm, uhh would love to stay and chat, but we gotta go!" Scott yelled and he and his buddies fled.

"Yeah that's what I thought." Jack said. Jack turned to his friend and they both laughed. Rain sighed with relief now that Scott and his buddies were gone. The boy Rain didn't know stopped laughing and grinned at her.

"Don't worry they won't bother you again, and if they try to, they won't get away with it." The boy said. Rain didn't say anything; she just stood there, still shaken up. The boy turned and left.

"C'mon Jack." He said to his friend who followed him away. He turned back and waved to Rain.

"See ya around." He said with a grin. Rain had finally snapped back to reality and opened her mouth to say thanks, but Jack and his friend were gone before she could say anything.

To Be Continued...

Author's Notes: Hey what did you think of that chapter?

Oh, if any of you would like to read an added character gundam fanfic I suggest you read my other fic called "A New Ally". Any additional questions or comments e-mail me at Aly_Rain_ZZ@yahoo.com Please don't forget to review! Thanks!
-AlyRain