Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For You ❯ 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Gundam Wing and its characters are not property of me: they are the property of their respectful owners. Any characters not owned by the creators of GW, are owned by me.

Author's Notes: These next couple chapters might be skipping around a lot, but it'll make more sense as the story goes on.

Always There For You Chapter 4:

Year A.C. 213, Two days before the summer break, Rain was over at Chelsea's house for the afternoon while they plotted what to do that weekend.

Rain had been close friends with Chelsea, Alisa, and Katrina for well over six months now and was becoming good friends with Chelsea's brother Jack and his friend Max as well.

Rain, Chelsea, Katrina, and Max were all in the Wales' living room, watching a movie. Jack was in the kitchen gathering drinks for everyone. Just then, the doorbell rang.

"Oh man! Just at the best part!" Chelsea groaned. "Hey Jack will you see who's at the door!?" Chelsea called from where she was sitting on the couch in between Rain and Katrina.

"Uh I'm kinda busy right now." Jack called back from the kitchen where he was balancing a bunch of cups in his hands. Chelsea muttered under her breath. Max spoke up.

"Uh I'll get it." Max said. "I don't mind."

"Thanks Max." Chelsea said. Max nodded and stood up from his seat next to Rain. Max went to the door and opened it. He did a double take when he recognized the person standing on the porch.

"Hi I'm Mr. Yuy. I'm here to pick up my daughter, Rain." Heero said glancing at Max who was standing in the doorway. Max was awestruck. He couldn't believe that Stephania was Rain. He figured that he should have know but didn't really stress that thought much.

'I can't believe it! This is Heero Yuy! My dad's best friend! And Stephania-Or Rain is his daughter! That's why I thought she looked so utterly familiar! To think this whole time my childhood best friend has been right there under my nose!' Max thought.

"Uh, yeah. Um, come in." Max said, remembering Rain was still in the living room.

Heero stared at the boy for a minute before entering. There was no mistaking it, the resemblance of him to his parents was almost uncanny, it was Duo and Hilde's son, Derek. Heero couldn't believe he was here. That meant
that Hilde and Duo were back on Earth. Heero wondered why Rain hadn't mentioned seeing Derek; after all he was her childhood best friend... Heero suddenly realized that either Duo and Hilde didn't want Heero to know they were on Earth or else Rain must not have know who this person really was.

Heero stepped inside the house and paused there, just inside the door. At that moment, Jack appeared and walked up to Derek and Heero.

"Hey thanks for getting the door Max. Oh hey Mr. Yuy. Stephania's in the living room. I'll go get her." Jack said with a friendly smile.

"Thank you." Heero said monotonously. Jack nodded and disappeared down the hall. 'So Derek's calling himself Max, I guess Rain must not know who he is after all.' Heero thought as he glanced at "Max". Heero turned to Derek and spoke.

"So are you one of Jack's friends?" Heero asked.

"Yeah, I'm Max. Max Maxwell." Derek replied.

"Hn, is your real name Max? I don't mean to seem rude, but it seems odd that you would be named Max when your last name is Maxwell." Heero said politely. Derek realized that Heero knew who he was also.

"No, it's not my real name. It's a nickname from my last name that everyone decided to use for me." Derek answered.

"Oh I see, well it's nice to meet you...Max." Heero said with a nod towards Derek.

Rain appeared suddenly with Chelsea beside her.

"Hey Daddy. So you've met Max huh?" Rain asked.

"Yes I have." Heero answered plainly. Rain turned towards Chelsea.

"I'll see you tomorrow ok?" Rain said to Chelsea.

"Yeah see you." Chelsea responded.

"Bye Chels, Bye Max." Rain said, turning towards the door. They both said goodbye as Rain and Heero walked out the door.

That night, Derek was in his room lying on his back looking out the skylight. All of the lights were off in the room so Derek could see the stars through the skylight better. Derek was deep in thought.

'I still can't believe it. This whole time I've been around Rain and I didn't even known it was her! She still doesn't know it's me, that's obvious. I wonder if I should tell her or not...' Derek sighed sadly. ' No I can't tell her, It would be too hard on her, too hard to know I would just have to leave her...again...' Derek was deeply saddened. He and his parents were moving back to L2 the day after summer break started. They had gone back every summer, but now they were going back to stay. Derek sighed again.

"Why's life always gotta be so difficult...?" Derek muttered. With that depressing thought in mind, Derek rolled onto his side and went to sleep.

*****


-End Of Chapter 4-

Don't forget to review!
-AlyRain