Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For You ❯ 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own GW.

Always There For You Ch. 9:

Mei Li inspected the gun in her hand. Rain's eyes darted over to Derek. She caught his gaze and they both looked back over at Mei Li. They got into loose stances so that they would be able to react faster. Mei Li noticed their change of posture and gave them a curious look.

"What is it?" Mei Li asked, looking around the room. Rain nodded toward Aldrico. Mei Li stood up from her crouching position next to the duffle bag Aldrico had brought in.

"Don't worry. Aldrico's on our side." Mei Li said. She clicked the safety back on the gun in her hand and tossed it to Jason who was standing next to Rain. Jason caught the gun with one hand and spun it around a few times with his finger in the trigger hold. When the gun was facing the right way, Jason tucked it away into the back of his pants. Derek and Rain didn't relax. They still remembered how Aldrico had treated Rain after she'd almost broken his brother's arm. Aldrico turned towards Mei Li.

"I think I know what the problem is." Aldrico said. Mei Li gave him a look telling him to continue. Aldrico looked over at Rain and Derek.

"This is about me threatening you back when you nearly busted Scott's arm right?" Aldrico said to Rain. She didn't respond, but Aldrico knew the silence meant he was correct.

"Well. Let me explain about that. You see, Scott and I aren't on the best terms. Actually, we hate each other. But the point is, he's still my brother and I didn't want you trying to hurt him in the future that's why I threatened you. I didn't find out until later that you were just using self-defense. Scott said you'd just attacked him. I should've realized that is was Scott being his usual ass-hole self. That may seem like a shitty reason...but it's the truth." Aldrico said. Rain and Derek relaxed. They could tell Aldrico was being honest.

"I understand. You had every right to stick up for your brother. And, you didn't know what really happened." Rain said.

"Thanks for believing me." Aldrico said. Rain and Derek nodded.

"I guess you want to know how I ended up with Shelly too, right...?" Aldrico asked. Derek and Rain nodded again.

"Well, I'm not really the cold-hearted ass I may have come off as. It was all part of the cover. I've been working with the Preventors for about two years now, and when they first found out about Shelly being tied into Relena Dorlain Yuy's kidnapping, they sent me in to be Shelly's assistant. Shelly took a good liking to me I guess. So I've gotten far on the inside. And now that I know the layout of this place, I'm going to help you guys get Relena out." Aldrico said. Rain and Derek shared a look. They accepted Aldrico's explanation.

"Let's get to it then." Rain said with a determined look on her face.

"Right." Aldrico, Mei Li, Jason, and Derek all said in unison.

"So what else did you bring?" Derek asked Aldrico as he, Rain, Jason, and Aldrico all crouched down around the duffle bag.

*****

About fifteen minutes later, Rain, Derek, Mei Li, and Jason followed Aldrico down a dark hallway. They froze suddenly when they heard voices coming from a door on their right. Aldrico motioned for them to hide. They clung to the wall to blend in with the shadows as the door they'd heard voices coming from opened, spilling light into the hallway. Rain, Derek, Mei Li, and Jason slid further down the hallway, along the wall to stay out of the light. Two maids carrying feather dusters, furniture polish, and cleaning cloths walked out of one of the many living rooms in Shelly's home. One of the maids closed the door behind them. The two maids stopped they're conversation when they saw Aldrico. They bowed slightly, then walked past him, disappearing down the dark hallway. Aldrico waited until he knew they gone before he let the others know it was safe.

"They're gone." Aldrico said quietly. Mei Li and the others stepped away from the wall and followed as Aldrico continued down the hallway again. At the end of the hall, they turned left and walked down another hallway. The new hallway was well lit and a lot shorter than the last one they'd walked down. The group was even more cautious since there were no shadows to hide in. Rain looked around carefully. She liked how the hallway was decorated. She had a feeling that Shelly hadn't been the one behind it's decoration. She brushed her thoughts aside and went back to listening closely for any sounds other than their steps.

Aldrico stopped in front of a door on the left side of the hallway. He turned to address the group.

"Ok. This is it. Are you guys ready?" Aldrico whispered. The group nodded. Aldrico turned and silently opened the door. He slipped in quietly with the others close behind. Aldrico shut the door behind them. The group looked around the large bedroom. The room was dark except for the miniscule amount of light from the driveway lanterns filtering through the window at the far left side of the room. Through the darkness of the room, the group could make out a figure lying on the luxuriant bed across the room from them. They crept closer and circled the bed. Rain looked closely at the figure. A look of longing crossed her face. The figure rolled onto its left side in its sleep and some of the dim light coming from the window fell on the figure's face. The sleeping figure was a female with long, honey brown hair flowing around her. Rain recognized the young woman as her mother. She looked up at Derek who was standing on the other side of the bed. Derek gave Rain a reassuring look, realizing that she must have been nervous beyond all belief at that moment. Rain smiled briefly at him, then looked at the others. Everyone except Rain and Aldrico stepped away from the bed and hid in the shadows; they remained standing beside each other on the left side of the bed.

Aldrico, who was closer to the head of the bed, looked at Rain.

"Are you ready?" Aldrico whispered. Rain nodded. Aldrico leaned towards Relena and gingerly touched her shoulder. Her shook her gently.

"Relena?" Aldrico said softly. Relena opened her eyes slowly and blinked a few times. She peered at Aldrico curiously.

"Aldrico? What is it?" Relena asked when she realized whom it was. She sat up in bed and waited for him to answer. She figured something had to be wrong for him to come to her room alone in the middle of the night.

"Is something wrong?" Relena asked. Aldrico shook his head. Relena noticed Rain for the first time and stared at her. She briefly studied Rain's entirely black outfit and noticed a gun tucked into the waistband on the right side of her pants.

"Do you recognize me...?" Rain said softly. Relena studied Rain's face. She didn't say anything; her eyes just grew wide.

"Mummy...?" Rain asked. Relena took a deep, shaky breath as her mouth gaped open. Rain figured she was going to say something. Nevertheless, Rain and the others weren't too surprised when Relena did something very different.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" Relena's piercing scream echoed throughout the room.

-End Of Chapter 9-

Please Review! Arigato minna!
-AlyRain