Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For You ❯ 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: See chapter 1
Author's Notes: Hey minna-san! Gomen nasai. I know I took an extremely long time to update. I will try very hard to get chapters up faster. (And hopefully I'll have less homework which will help.) Please don't forgwet to review! It's means worlds to me!


Always There For You Chapter 11:

Hilde knocked lightly on Derek's bedroom door. She did not hear response, so she knocked again, somewhat louder than the first time.

"Derek?" Hilde called softly. If Derek was not awake already, Hilde did not want wake him. She had no desire to disturb his peaceful slumber just to give him the bad news that Rain had gone missing the previous night.

Hilde put her hand on the doorknob and opened the door a little. She pushed the door open soundlessly and poked her head into the bedroom. The sunlight that filtered through the skylight above Derek's bed was dim due to the morning overcast that day. There was just enough light for Hilde to see Derek's bed and determine if he was still there, asleep.

Hilde's eyes widened slightly. She opened the door further and leaned into the room. She could see that Derek was still in his bed, asleep, but he was not alone. Hilde noticed how Rain was laying on Derek's shoulder and he had one arm draped around her.

Hilde had been standing on tiptoe, leaning into the room. She leaned further in, putting more of her weight on the door. The door opened inward, and with Hilde putting more weight on it, it slowly opened further. Hilde lost her balance and stumbled into the room. She fell to the floor on her hands and knees with a dull thud.

Cursing silently at her own clumsiness, Hilde slowly looked up at the bed to see if she had awakened Derek or Rain. She was relieved to find that they were still asleep. Hilde slowly stood up, all the while watching Derek and Rain. Duo ran up behind Hilde.

"Hilde? What's going on? I heard a thud..." Duo said quickly as he looked into the room from the doorway. Hilde waved a hand behind herself without looking back.

"Shh! Shh! Shh! You'll wake them up!" Hilde whispered. She turned around to look at Duo.

"Oh! Right...Sorry." Duo whispered back. He grinned sheepishly at Hilde while he rubbed the back of his neck with his right hand. Hilde smiled at his reaction. Duo's expression suddenly changed to confusion. He dropped his hand to his side and looked at Hilde quizzically.

"Wait, 'them'?" Duo asked. He looked past Hilde at Derek's bed. His eyebrows shot up when he saw that Rain was there too.

"Rain!? What's Rain doing here-in Derek's *bed*!?" Duo exclaimed. Hilde shrugged. She put a finger to her lips, signaling for Duo to be quiet.

"We'll ask them when they wake up. For now, let's just let them sleep. From what Heero said when he called this morning, Rain had a pretty rough night..." Hilde said softly as she glanced over her shoulder at Derek and Rain. She turned back to Duo as she began to walk out the door. She waited for Dup in the hallway. Duo turned around to follow Hilde out of the room. He looked over his shoulder at Derek and Rain while he walked out.

"You're right. We should wait to talk to them. And I'm sure they haven't done anything..." Duo said as he turned his head to look at Hilde. She simply nodded at him. Duo stopped by Hilde's side, just outside Derek's door. He put his arm around her waist and smiled at her.

Hilde leaned into Derek's room to grasp the doorknob and pull it closer in order to shut it. She paused before pulling it shut.

'They still look so cute together.' Hilde thought.

"Besides, they know better." Duo said as an afterthought while he shot a stern look at the sleeping pair. Hilde laughed lightly as she pulled the door shut. Duo's stern look melted into a grin.

"I'm sure they do." Hilde said. Duo nodded slowly while he stared at the closed door. Hilde put her arm around him and pulled him away from the door, down the hallway.

"C'mon Duo. Let's go finish making breakfast." Hilde said.

"Oooh! Breakfast...I almost forgot." Duo said as they descended the stairs. "What are we making?



***



Rain blinked her eyes open. She looked towards the door.

'I knew I heard someone." Rain thought. Rain had heard Hilde's light knocking on Derek's door. She had not wanted to form an explanation first thin gin the morning so she pretended to still be asleep, knowing Hilde would not try to wake her or Derek. Rain had waited until she heard Hilde and Duo walking quietly down the stairs before she had opened he eyes. For a moment, Rain had worried that Duo would try to wake Derek and herself up and make her explain her presence in Derek's bed. She was relieved that Hilde had convinced Duo to just let them sleep.

Rain glanced at Derek's arm without moving her head and disturbing him. She noted that his arm was still draped over her middle, radiating warmth. Regretfully, Rain slowly lifted Derek's arm and slid away from him. She gently laid his arm back down where she had been laying on the bed.

Watching Derek all the while, Rain lifted the covers enough to slip out of them. She sat up slowly and rotated her body, setting her feet on the soft, carpeted floor.

Rain stood up slowly. She smiled sadly at Derek's peaceful expression while he slept. She leaned over and whispered lightly beside his ear.

"I'm sorry." Rain said. She brushed back his bangs and lightly kissed his forehead. Then, she quickly stood up straight again. A silent sigh escaped Rain's lungs as she glanced longingly at Derek, knowing the comfort he offered simply by being close to her.

As Rain turned away from the bed to leave, Derek grabbed her arm and pulled her backwards, into a sitting position beside him on the bed. Rain had been caught off guard and took a second to let her head clear from being jerked backwards so suddenly and unexpectedly.

Rain turned to look at Derek who was sitting up with his eyes locked on her. He let go of her arm and grinned.

"I knew you were awake when my mom knocked on the door. Guess you weren't in the mood for making explanations either." Derek said. Rain shook her head. Derek's grin slowly fell when he saw that Rain was not in a joking mood. He thought back to what he had overheard Hilde say when she and Duo were in his room debating whether or not to wake Rain and him up.

"I remember what my mom said, about you having a rough night... That's why you came here, and why you were so upset." Derek said as he put things together in his head. Rain did not answer, she simply looked down at the comforter, her eyes shadowed with sadness. Derek nodded, understanding her unspoken thoughts.

"I understand if you don't want to talk about it right now, but please don't leave. I know you were planning on sneaking out before you knew I was awake... I think you should stay here. Atleast until you're not as upset." Derek said. Rain did not answer.

"Besides, where were you going to go anyway? I know you were not planning to go home. Were you just going to wander around the city?" Derek continued. Rain shrugged. She really wasn't sure herself.

"You're off balance. Wandering around alone is a bad idea." Derek said pointedly.

"You're right. I think I'll stay longer." Rain said, speaking up for the first time.

"Good. And don't worry about my parents asking questions. If they know that you're upset, they'll save the interrogation for later." Derek offered Rain a smile. She looked up at him and smiled weakly. Derek could see the gratitude in Rain's eyes amidst all the pain. He nodded to show her that he understood her silent "thanks".

"Well, I think you should go take a nice, hot shower My parents will most likely have breakfast ready by the time you're done. You really should try to eat something." Rain nodded and stood up. She walked towards the bathroom and paused outside the door.

"What do you want me to do with the clothes I borrowed?" Rain asked. Derek pushed back his comforter and got out of bed.

"Just put them in the hamper in the bathroom."

"K."

"Hey wait a sec." Derek stopped Rain as she stepped in the door. Derek walked into the bathroom and pulled Rain's still damp clothes from the shower curtain rod.

"I'll go put these in the washer and see if my mom has some clothes you can wear until they're done." Derek said.

"Ok...Thanks." Rain said. Derek stepped out of the bathroom with Rain's clothes from the previous night in his arms and closed the door behind himself.


***


About ten minutes later, Derek knocked on the door to his bathroom when he heard the flow of water from the shower faucet stop. Rain opened the door wide enough to stick her head out.

"Here I got some clothes from my mom." Derek said as he held a small of clothing out to Rain. She stuck an arm out the door and took the bundle of clothes from him before she closed the door to change.

Rain stepped out of the bathroom a moment later wearing the gray-blue spaghetti strap top and black shorts Derek had brought her. She had her hair wrapped up in a towel to dry it a little.

"Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes. I'm going to take quick shower before I go downstairs. You can go ahead down to the kitchen if you want." Derek said. Rain considered it for a moment.

"No, I'd rather wait here for you." Rain said. Derek walked over to his walk-in closet to retrieve some clothes. He walked back out and looked at Rain.

"Alright. I won't be long." Derek said. He walked into the bathroom with his change of clothes in hand.

"K." was all Rain said in response. Derek nodded and shut the bathroom door behind himself.


A few minutes later, Rain and Derek walked downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. Hilde was carrying a stack of plates to the counter while Duo carried the plate of waffles and bowl of scrambled eggs. Duo and Hilde both looked up when they heard Rain and Derek enter the kitchen. They quickly set the food and plates on the counter and rushed over to Rain. They quickly had her wrapped up in a tight hug.

"Your dad called earlier this morning and told us what happened last night...and that you were missing." Duo said.

"We're glad you're here and that you're safe." Hilde added. She and Duo both slowly let go of Rain and looked at her.

"You probably don't want to talk or think about it right now though...so let's just eat and think about it later ok?" Hilde said with a warm smile. Rain wondered if Heero had said anything about Relena's condition when he'd called, but she wasn't sure she wanted to know so she decided against asking.

"Ok. I'm getting kinda hungry anyway." Rain said.


-End of Chapter 11-

-AlyRain
Aly_Rain_ZZ@yahoo.com