Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ An Old World Drowning in Blood ❯ A Decisive Battle ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN OLD WORLD DROWNING IN BLOOD

PART II

By Jared T.

Acknowledgements:

Umm…pretty much the same as part one…so nothing different there, and I guess you. The reader. If you steal my stuff without my permission, I will rip off your head, fingers, toes, tongue, and finger-NAILS, piece by piece, very very VERY slowly. DO NOT TAKE MY STUFF WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS FANFIC IS PROPERTY OF CHARACHU CORP. AND THE CHARACTERS (SOME) BELONG TO BANDAI. THIS IS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. DO NOT STEAL MY STUFF. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YAH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU! RIGHT THERE READING THIS. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU STEAL MY STUFF. Have a nice day! =) Please notify me if you're going to post it. Thanks!

*Everything in this story is fictional. It does not relate to anyone, real, imaginary, alive or dead. This is a work of pure fiction. All aspects of Gundam, (except for this story series) is copyright of Sunrise Corp.

It's the year After Colony 300. After the 5 new pilots gathered together, they began to build their new Gundam Neo-Suits. The five pilots are Meilluardo Dashim, Marcus Pearlain, Edward Mitsaku, Pike Langcaster, and Marissa Hono. These five people have banded together to fight the enemy. The enemy is a blue race of aliens called the Parasacle. They stand much taller than any human, and has the ability to crush one with a single blow. Now, back to the story.

…The one-eyed mobile suits crunched slowly towards them in the chilly autumn air. This part of the city had already been evacuated, so there was no civilians to worry about. At least there weren't supposed to…

"Marcus! There's one coming around the corner!" Exclaimed Meilluardo. Marcus, piloting the Neo-Suit Hardshell, threw one huge fist into the oncoming mobile suit. BAM! The fist hits it's target, and leaves its mark. The head of the mobile suit had been crushed. It crumbled down into a heap of scrap. The rest of the group were scouting the outer area for any other suits. They had to be there. As if out of thin air, Meilluardo, Pike, Edward and Marissa were surrounded by mobile suits! "SCATTER!!" yelled Meilluardo over the comm. The Neo-Suits leapt into the air, just as the space where they had previously occupied was filled with searing energy bolts. Edward quickly aimed down and charged Dracon's cannon and aimed at the group of aliens below them. Just as he was about to fire, he noticed a small life reading right where he was going to shoot. It was too late to stop shooting, so he called Pike. "Quick! There's someone down there!" shouted Edward. "On it!" confirmed Pike. Raidan was a beam of light streaking down towards the person standing in the street. As he got closer however, he noticed it was a small child. No older than 5 or 6, she had lost something and was looking for it in the rubble. Oh no, Pike thought to himself. That little girl's going to be caught in the blast! I gotta do something! "Come on Raidan!" Pike said to his suit. As if in response to his plea, Raidan shot forward, moving and looking like a flash. He hit the ground and broke out into a flat run, scooping the child up into his hands. He quickly placed the girl into the cockpit. "It's okay now, what were you looking for?" asked Pike. "I was looking for my teddy. I saw everybody fighting. I thought there was no more fighting." The little girl said. Her eyes were large and brown, and she had blond curls bouncing below her shoulders as she hugged a small teddy bear tightly. Pike smiled. "I know, but some things have to happen. Let's get you out of here." Pike said assuringly. As Raidan sped away, the blast was unleashed. The 20 or more suits that had surrounded them, found themselves surrounded by a large beam of light, by which they were quickly vaporized. Meanwhile, Pike was heading towards the evacuated area. He landed quickly, exited Raidan and ran towards the group of people, carrying the child in his arms. He ran quickly towards the crowd and saw a woman running like mad. "My little girl! Has anyone seen her?" she cried out in alarm. When she saw Pike running towards her, she quickly ran towards him and clutched her little girl in a tight hug. "Where were you? You made me so worried, don't ever do that again! And you!" the woman said sternly. "M-m-m-me?" Pike stuttered. The woman's face softened. "Thank you." The woman smiled kindly. Pike smiled back, but quickly turned towards his Gundam. He started up and flew off.

Marcus had been attacked by two of the Parsacle mobile suits. Hardshell curled into a ball as the mobile suits surrounded him, attacking with their energy pistols. After a few minutes of being shot at, the aliens stopped, thinking they had destroyed Hardshell, but as they turned to leave, Hardshell appeared from the dust and unleashed a tremendous blast from his chest cannons. The mobile suits were nothing but scrap in a matter of moments. After dispatching them, Pike landed beside him. "Hey, need any help?" Pike asked. "Nope," Marcus shook his head. "got everything under control. Come on, the others may need us." Marcus replied as he powered up his boosters.

Meilluardo, Edward, and Marissa were busy dispatching the rest of the Stinger suits when a new suit appeared. "We seem to have underestimated your power…" said the pilot within the suit. The new suit was gray, vieny and big. Its upper torso totally outmatched his lower body. The interesting thing was it had no lower body. Unlike a normal suit, it hovered on large jets. It had one head, and two horns. Three eyes watched menacingly from the head. It had 8 claw-like arms and two more in front of those. In each of the eight hands was a set of claws so sharp it could've ripped through a normal suit like a hot knife through butter. One of the other arms, however, held a beam saber, much like Tenjin's. The other hand held a cannon like that of Dracon's. "Surprised? These are your weapons after all. You see, we have already scanned your weapons and made copies of the strongest. They are what you see here. You're wondering about this suit. No, it isn't a normal suit, nor I a normal pilot." The pilot said with strife. "You may call me Hylifar. You. Meilluardo is it? Did you realize that your name is that of the great Meilluardo Peacecraft? Your DNA is not unlike his, though you come from a different line of blood. You will be mine, Meilluardo. Your friends will be destroyed." Said Hylifar. He laughed sinisterly. "This is my personal custom suit. It is called `Animus'. In our language it means `The Destroyer of Enemies, and Drinker of Blood'. He will feast soon. Until then, I bid you farewell, my worthy opponent." Animus disappeared in a sudden flash. "Whoa, what's that guy's problem?" Marissa asked, just a little scared. "I don't know. But we have to stop these guys. No matter what the cost." Meilluardo said grimly. "Come on. Let's head back to the base. Pike, Marcus, we're falling back. We're done." Meilluardo called over the comm. "Yes sir!" replied Pike and Marcus in unison. The suits went back to the base, where they were repaired, reloaded, and fitted with their secondary weapons. The pilots left the hanger bay, and headed to the Mission room for debriefing.

"You all did a fine job today. And Pike. Excellent job on saving that little girl. Dismissed." Commander Hono said with a smile. They all turned to leave. "Meilluardo, could you stay for a moment?" Commander Hono asked, a little troubled. "Yes sir." Meilluardo replied obediently. "Meilluardo, we know that the pilot of that suit was talking to you. But all we heard were screeches. What did he say?" Commander Hono asked, with an extreme interest. "He merely stated who he was. His name is Hylifar. The suit was called Animus." Meilluardo replied nervously. "Is that all Meilluardo?" asked Hono. "Yes sir." Meilluardo replied shakily. "Dismissed." Commander Hono said as he turned to the window. Meilluardo left without making a noise. Commander Hono sat down in his chair, and began to think. This new threat may be too much. Even for the Neo-Suits. We must gain an edge over the enemy. Thought Commander Hono to himself. Alright Suzaki, old boy, time to discuss this with the boys down in Intelligence. Commander Hono walked out of the room and locked the door behind him, not noticing a tiny glint outside the window.

"So. Meilluardo is now my little puppet. I will now be able to intimidate him into doing my bidding. SCRIBE!" Hylifar called out. A small blue alien with a pad and a writing utility rushed in. "Yes sir?" he said in a cowering voice. "I wish to send an invitation to one of the pilots. The one named Meilluardo. He will be invited to fight me. A one-on-one honour battle *." Said Hylifar with a smirk. "Yes sir." Said the scribe in a tiny voice. The scribe hurried out and Hylifar stood standing and laughing a sinister laugh.

*an honour battle is a battle which the victor shall have control over the loser for one day.

"Sir! We're receiving a message. It's the same sound we heard during the battle!" The comm officer said as the screeching noise echoed through the base. Meilluardo, Commander Hono, Edward, Pike and Marcus came running in. "Where's Marissa?" asked Commander Hono. "She's taking a bath." Said Edward. "…." Commander Hono sighed. Meanwhile (no I'm not going to jump to Marissa taking a bath you sickos) Meilluardo was listening to the sound, but to him, it wasn't the most pleasant of sounds. Hylifar. That bastard. He's calling me out. To an honour battle, whatever that is. Should I go? Maybe I should tell Commander Hono about this…no. This will be my fight. Meilluardo thought to himself. As the others were trying to understand what was going on, Meilluardo slipped away to the hanger. Hylifar said the battle would be on the moon. At 9:00. He looked at his watch. 8:50. I've got 10 minutes to get there. No problem for Tenjin. He broke out into a run along the steel floors of the hanger bay towards Tenjin. Soon he was suited up, and had launched. He activated his boosters and shot out into the atmosphere, heading out towards Earth's sole companion. The moon.

So he is coming after all…Thought Hylifar. Good. This will be easy. "Animus, prepare yourself for a feast." Hylifar smiled an evil grin. Animus stood ready, weapons loaded. Tenjin landed stirring up a pile of dust. "So Meilluardo, you are not the coward I thought you were." Said Hylifar. "And neither are you." Replied Meilluardo coldly. Come on Tenjin. We have to win this. "Let's go. There's an abandoned colony here." The two giants bounded across the barren terrain until the found a small outpost, long ago abandoned. "Here is perfect." Said Hylifar, smiling. "Let's do this." Meilluardo said, unflinching. Tenjin assumed a defensive stance as he ignited his energy blade. "Energy blades? Alright" said Hylifar. Animus' extra arms came off and he dropped his energy cannon. Animus assumed the same stance. "Come on." Said Hylifar with pleasure in his voice. Tenjin charged quickly, swinging his energy sword erratically. Animus easily parried all of the blows and gave some of his own as well. The two machines battled back and forth like this for quite sometime. "That's enough. Let us fight like men." Hylifar said, no longer cocky. Tenjin's head nodded slightly, in agreement. They both gathered all their weapons together and began. Animus brought his eight claws to bear. They began to slash at the space around Tenjin, leaving very little room for maneuvering. Suddenly, Animus threw his energy blade towards Tenjin, but Tenjin managed to grab the sword just before it hit him, all the while still dodging. Animus stopped and pulled back. He whipped out his energy cannon and began to blast the landscape away, creating a large pit. Animus jumped in and Tenjin followed. Animus unleashed blast after devastating blast. The falling rocks made by the blasts were almost as dangerous as the weapon. In the dark crater, the two mobile suits fought. Energy blades flashed in the dark, and bullets flew out. Soon, both pilots were sweaty and tired. They had run out of ammuntion. They dropped their guns to the floor. They clashed again and again, each time, both pilots giving as good as they get. Blow for blow they struck each other. Over and over, until both suits were battered and beaten. "This must end." Said Hylifar quietly. His tall, blue body was covered with perspiration. His large pectoral muscles bulged because of the tension of the battle. His breathing was hard, his eyes almost completely glazed over in exhaustion. "It seems that it won't. We seem to be evenly matched." Meilluardo replied, the same edge in his voice. He was in the same state. His mind felt battered and weak, and he knew he couldn't last much longer at this rate. "Yes. I suppose we are. But we will continue until this is done!" Hylifar spat. Both pilots sat and stared at each other for what seemed to be an eternity, then Tenjin's head nodded, his pilot in agreement. "Then let us finish." Said Meilluardo. The two battered giants again clashed, blades flashing in the dark. Animus caught Tenjin and sliced through his arm with a claw. Armless, Tenjin could no longer hold a weapon because of the damage done. Suddenly, Tenjin stopped. Animus rushed in for an easy kill. "This battle is MINE!" yelled Hylifar. "Not quite." Meilluardo said, smiling. He had something up his sleeve. Literally. Tenjin's eyes flashed in the dark. The mobile suit suddenly brought a small energy blade, hidden in his other wrist, and held on by steel bindings, in an upward swing, and caught Animus right in the middle of it. The blade cut through Animus' body armour, leaving a large gash, revealing parts and components visable. "You-you have won this battle. But one battle does NOT win the war!" Hylifar shouted, almost screaming, in rage. Animus blasted out of the crater, sparks flying out behind it. Tenjin watched the damaged mobile suit shoot away. "Meilluardo? Where are you? Commander Hono has a new assignment for us!" It was Pike. His voice was a thrill to Meilluardo's battered mind. "Yeah. Alright. Be there soon." Meilluardo smiled. This is just the beginning. He thought to himself with a smile. And we'll go all the way to the end. You can bet on that Hylifar. Tenjin blasted off the planetoid, sparking, back home.

Hylifar screamed and was seething with rage. "NO! How could I have lost to that pathetic Human. I had him beaten. How could I have been caught off guard so easily? He should've been quickly crushed under my power. Why did I fail?…" Hylifar sighed. "There is nothing to be done now. It's in the past. I will not tell Meilluardo of the chance he has won, for it may tip the scales in his favor. No. It shall stay at a balance, until I, Hylifar of Menatl, wish it. This I swear." Hylifar said quietly, teeth clenched in an unbearable rage. He stomped out of the room, pushing the small scribe out of the way in the hall.

"And that's pretty much what happened." Said Meilluardo, recalling the battle to his teammates. They were all in the Sickbay, because Meilluardo needed some medical attention for the cuts and bruises he had received during the battle. Everyone stood silent for a moment. "He almost destroyed you Meilluardo." Said Marcus grimly. "That's why we have to be careful of these guys. I beat him because of a fluke and a chance I had taken. If I hadn't equipped Tenjin with that extra blade, I may not be here right now." Said Meilluardo sickly. He thought back to the battle, and how much Hylifar wanted to beat him. He shuddered at the thought that someone could harbour that much rage. "Alright. That's enough. Meilluardo needs his rest before the next mission." Marissa said, nudging the boys away from Meilluardo. "What is the next mission anyway?" asked Meilluardo. "Here." Marissa said as she gave him a datapad. "This has all the mission specifications on it." Marissa began to lead the boys out of the room. "Get some rest okay?" Marissa said with a smile. "Yeah. Sure." Said Meilluardo returning the smile. He picked up the datapad and began to read after Marissa and the boys had left the room. Hmm… this mission…it's strange…why would Commander Hono want us to look for hidden Parsacle bases?… It makes no sense…unless… Meilluardo sat upright in surprise. I have to tell the others. I have no time to lose! Meilluardo changed into his uniform and bolted down the hall…

To Be Continued

-Jared T. June 19, 2001

How was that? Was it okay? Anyway, feedback is good. So send me some. charachu@hotmail.com . See ya next episode!