Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ An Old World Drowning in Blood ❯ A Hero's Fight ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Old World Drowning in Blood

By Jared T.

Chapter III


This is the 3rd installment in this series. The "An Old World Drowning in Blood" series should only be viewed at http://www.geocities.com/gundam_wing_colosseum/ and http://www.geocities.com/j_tca/ if these stories are found anywhere else, please notify me at jared_t2001@hotmail.com. Thank you.
Acknowledgements
Uh…thanks to all the people who allowed me to do this. My parents, friends, YTV, Bandai, and the people in Japan who developed the Gundam( c ) series. I'd especially like to say a special "you're welcome" to a friend of mine, who asked me for a favour to place something into my story. And I'd also like to thank you, the reader. DO NOT TAKE MY STUFF WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. THIS FANFIC IS PROPERTY OF CHARACHU CORP. AND THE CHARACTERS (SOME) BELONG TO BANDAI. THIS IS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. DO NOT STEAL MY STUFF. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YAH, THAT'S RIGHT, YOU! RIGHT THERE READING THIS. I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU STEAL MY STUFF. Have a nice day! =)
*Everything in this story is fictional. It does not relate to anyone, real, imaginary, alive or dead. This is a work of pure fiction. All aspects of Gundam, (except for this story series) is copyright of Sunrise Corp.

After Colony 300, the Earth was once again under attack. This time the attack was from outer space, a war, raged by the aliens called the Parsacle. 5 pilots have risen to fight this menace. Meilluardo Dashim, Marcus Pearlain, Edward Mitsaku, Pike Langcaster, and Marissa Hono. They are Earth's last line of defence. Meilluardo has recently had a battle with Hylifar, the general of the Parsacle armada out in space. And now, back to the story…
Meilluardo's booted feet clunked on the metal floor as he ran towards the crew quarters of the base. "Something is wrong here. I can feel it. Commander Hono wouldn't send us on this mission…I have to tell the others." Said Meilluardo aloud under his breath. He ran even faster towards the crew quarters, dodging people, tables, mops, and anything that was in the hallway. He reached the crew quarters, just as Marissa and the others entered the quarters. "Wait!" yelled Meilluardo. "What are you doing Meilluardo?! You're supposed to be in bed resting!" Marissa replied, angrily. "I know, but there is something I have to tell you guys. Something is wrong with Commander Hono, he wouldn't send us on this mission without our Neosuits or any weaponary, doesn't that seem a little suspicious?" "Yah, but he told us that we shouldn't have weapons so that we wouldn't alert them with energy signatures, and our Gundams would make too much noise." Piped Marcus. "…fine…whatever you want to believe…we have 2 days before this mission. I intend to find out what's going on." Said Meilluardo hotly as he turned to leave. "Alright fine! We'll help you do this." Said Marissa reluctantly. The other boys had begun to look up to Marissa like an older sister, and agreed with almost anything she said, and tried to back it up as well as they could. Meilluardo, on the other hand, was being pushed away, being secluded from the rest of the pilots. There was nothing he could do. But, they had to follow his orders because he was their leader.
Meilluardo walked down the hall, and turned at the junction, towards Commander Hono's quarters. He knocked on the door, and was answered by a ring, announcing his arrival. He walked in, and saw Commander Hono sitting behind a large oaken desk. "Yes what is it Meilluardo?" asked Commander Hono rather impatiently. He was reviewing a datapad behind his desk. "Well sir, I have a question for you, it seems that-" Meilluardo was cut short by a wave of Commander Hono's hand. "Here Meilluardo, this is the `Magestic'. Here are the specs." Commander Hono tossed a datapad to Meilluardo. He looked at the specification of the suit and was amazed. It had twin ion cannons for disabling energy cores, twin chest vulcans, a chest mounted mega cannon in the center of the suit, and it's cockpit was located in it's head. the suit had an I-Field generator capable of blocking all energy weapons, its left arm had an extendable and retractable beam shield/sword. The suit was made of gundanium alloy. The same as the Neosuits. Meilluardo was confused. "Why would Commander Hono go through this kind of trouble?" he asked himself. The suit had a transpositional phase engine, and it also had a light shifting capability. The suit's controls were all neural, the pilot's thoughts and movements are transformed onto the suit. The speed on regular vernier reached about 5 times that of the wing zero custom. On the right arm it had a pulse beam cannon built in to it, and it carried a hyper mega launcher rifle. The legs were equipped with anti-gravity thrusters for accelerated movements against enemy, and the left arm had a isolation blaster that froze enemies within range and stops all energy flow. Meilluardo placed the datapad onto the desk. "Impressed huh? The suit was originally a Federation prototype called the X-1. Then an underground faction known as ANGEL took it over and modified it to their needs. This suit was the command suit of the faction. Then the suit was renamed Arch Angel, and we will be using it in the next assault against the Parsacle. This will be your backup. I assure you that I wouldn't send my pilots into this dangerous a situation without proper backup. There was something you wanted to ask me Meilluardo?" asked Commander Hono. "No sir. It doesn't matter now. Thank you for seeing me sir." Meilluardo hastily saluted the commander and left the room. "Who would be piloting that monstrosity?... I guess we'll just have to find out in 2 days." Meilluardo thought as he headed down towards the crew quarters. By now, the sun had set, and the moon was shining above the city heights. Meilluardo turned to look and saw that there was a new crater on the face of the moon. "That will forever be a testement to this legendary war." Meilluardo thought grimly.
Two days later, Meilluardo, Marcus, Edward, Pike, and Marissa were called to the briefing room. They all wore standardized battle attire. They may not have had energy weapons, but they carried small slug guns, hidden in the wrists of the suit. "Alright people. This is a dangerous mission. We'll drop you off outside the suspected base, around 10 km away from the base site. 5 km in, you will rendevous with your scouter gear. This will be comprised of electro-binoculars, canteens of water, medikits, food rations, ammo clips, combat knives and camoflauge material. When you arrive at the base, you are NOT, I repeat, NOT to engage in combat. We don't know how much resistance the Parsacle have against the weapons we've given you. You are to scout the perimeter of the base. And remember. Do NOT engage the enemy. If you need it, the `Magestic' will be waiting further out and will respond in a matter of moments. Dismissed!" They all got out of the chairs and left the room. "Alright, does everyone understand the mission?" asked Meilluardo. "Yes sir." Said the other pilots. They trudged down the hall to the hanger bay, where the helicopter would be waiting.
They climbed on and the helicopter lifted off. It was a stealth chopper. Meant for in and out missions, it was perfect for this one. It was black and the rotors barely made a sound. The only visible part of the chopper at night was the slightly glinting armour. The chopper flew towards a small beach, and a little further from that was what seemed to be a very large hill. "That must be the base." Said Pike. They all nodded in agreement. The chopper set down and they all got off. "We'll be back to pick you up when you finish your mission. Good luck!" The pilot signaled a thumbs up and started to lift off, when the chopper burst into flames. Energy blasts started raining down on them from the Parsacle base. "Well, at least we know they're here!" said Marissa as they ran for cover. Meilluardo pulled out a small walkie-talkie. "We need backup! We are under heavy fire!" Meilluardo yelled into the walkie-talkie. "Copy that, Magestic is on its way." Called the voice of the comm officer. A shimmering began to move closer, and they all looked at the strange shape appearing. "I take it that that is the Magestic." Said Edward in awe. As the shimmering got closer, it began to take the shape of a large mobile suit. Its arms were heavily built, and it was bristling with weaponary. "Meilluardo, get back and fade into the forest. I've signaled a recall team to meet you there." Said the voice over the comm. "Commander Hono?" said Meilluardo surprised. "You got that right. I was getting bored behind that desk and decided to help you kids out on this. Now there might be a chance I don't make it out, if that happens, Meilluardo assumes command of the operation. My life is expendable and so is the suit. You five are Earth's last defense. You will protect the Earth." Said Commander Hono grimly. They all turned and started heading into the forest. The suit shimmered again and faded from view. As they ran towards the forest, they saw the shimmering get closer to the hill, then a sudden explosion. As they watched, 10 Parsacle Stinger suits rose from the ground. They surrounded a now visible Magestic. "The explosion must have shorted out the suit's light shifting ability!" said Marcus. "SHIT! We have to help Commander Hono!" said Pike as he started to head towards the battle. "No. Commander Hono told us to stay here. He is still in command of this operation. We stay here." Meilluardo said grimly. "How can you be so cold hearted? My father is going to die! We have to go help him." Said Marissa, tears starting to streak across her face. "I'm sorry, but you heard what Commander Hono said. We're the last line of defense against the Parsacle. We have to stay here." Meilluardo said, his voice quivering. They turned to watch the ensuing battle.
The Magestic lunged forward, turned and shot in a counter-clockwise motion with its pulse beam cannon, taking down half of the Stingers. The remaining Stingers tried to surround him, but he just jumped up and shot down at each Stinger, picking them off one by one with its hyper mega launcher rifle. When the Magestic did land, the remaining suits were gone. "Well done Human scum." Said a raging voice from the comm. "Who are you? Show yourself!" said Commander Hono. He was feeling very nervous. Something was wrong. Out of the shadows of the darkened ruins of the Parsacle base stood a large, forboding shadow. It was Animus. Fully repaired and with something new. A hyper mega launcher rifle. The two suits stood face-to-face. "I am the one you will learn to fear. I am the one who will crush your puny pilots. I am Evil incarnate! I AM PARSACLE!" said Hylifar, his voice booming from the comm system. Animus rushed towards the Magestic, who quickly shot back with it's mega cannon. It hit Animus square in the chest, but Animus was not moved. Again and again, the Magestic tried to fight back against the oncoming force. "Why isn't this working? Why was Tenjin able to hurt Animus and not the Magestic?" thougth Meilluardo. Then he saw it, on the back of Animus was an energy pack. "Damnit. A shield generator. There's nothing we can do either." Meilluardo thought grimly. From the forest, Meilluardo, Edward, Marcus, Pike, and Marissa watched in horror as the alien suit began to tear into the Magestic. "Damnit. The suit's not gonna hold together much longer." Thought Commander Hono to himself. "Meilluardo, take care of Marissa for me." Said Commander Hono, a slight agonizing pang in his voice. "Yes sir." Said Meilluardo, the slight quivering taking over again. "DADDY!!! NOOOOO!!" Marissa cried out, her face a shattered mirror of pain and tears. "NOOOOO!!" she cried again and again as she saw Animus tear into the suit. Commander Hono felt every rip, every tear, into the suit. He pulled out a small red hankerchief. It was embroidered with hearts and smiling faces. It had a picture taped onto it, and it said "We love you. From Marissa and Yuko." "Goodbye Marissa. Tell your mom I love yo-" Commander Hono's voice was lost in the attack. Those were his last words. The pilots saw the Magestic torn to pieces. "Let this be a lesson to all those who oppose the Parsacle!" cried Hylifar over a loud speaker. He then promptly ripped the head off the Magestic. A small form clung to the inside of the cockpit, and Animus simply crushed the small form. A small scream escaped from the slender form's lips. Commander Hono's final cry. The pilots turned away, all except for Meilluardo and Marissa. Marissa was shuddering, racked with sobs, and Meilluardo held her close. A symbol of strength. Or was he? A single tear ran down his cheek as he held the sobbing girl. After a few moments, he gently pushed Marissa away and wiped the tears from her eyes. "Alright people. There's nothing left for us here. Let's move out." Said Meilluardo, his eyes no longer having a soft look, but a look of revenge. "Hylifar, the day of your demise is drawing ever nearer with every breath." He thought to himself, as they walked to the rendevous point. When they arrived, they simply climbed aboard the chopper. As the chopper lifted off, Marissa took a final look at the ravaged landscape. Then something flew towards the open window and landed at Marissa's feet. It was a small red hankerchief….

To Be Continued…
-Jared T. July 4, 2001
Alright. That was #3 on the AOWDIB series. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. I hope you enjoyed this installment of the "An Old World Drowning in Blood" series. Thank you for your patronage. Contact me at charachu@hotmail.com. Till next time!