Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Back to reality ❯ Twisted Reality ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: I know it's been ages, but I just had to continue this fic. Hope you enjoy!
  
 
 
 
Heero sat with Wufei in the small cafeteria in the hospital, thinking about the past day.
 
It had been a nightmare.
 
Of course he had shown an uncharacteristically large amount of emotion! He had seemed to wake up in an alternate universe, being called a different name. No one had remembered anything of the war except for Wufei. Worst of all, Duo did not love him anymore. After everything that they had been through…. After defeating Oz… to Duo, Heero was just a high school friend. The reality of the situation was mind blowing. Stepping over the dead bodies of his mentors and exploding the arms off of his enemies for interrogation was something he could deal with. After a while, the way the contorted faces of bodies did not haunt him anymore. But love was something new for Heero, and Duo lead him into a world he never experienced before. Duo gave him a purpose in life aside from being an instrument of war. He had no idea of his capacity for love, and suddenly his heart was full, and even overflowing. How could Oz know exactly where to strike him the hardest?
 
“Heero,” said Wufei, watching the pilot's eyes quickly come back to focus. Wufei knew that Heero was emotionally unstable, but they needed to formulate some sort of a plan if there was any hope for escape.
 
“What is it?” Heero replied, looking at Wufei. His food sat, untouched, on his tray.
 
“We need to stay focused, Heero. Did you hear a word that I just said?” asked Wufei. Heero looked back at him, face stoic, but Wufei could recognize a blank stare out of him.
 
“Kisama! This is serious!” Wufei told him in harsh tones. Footsteps were approaching their table and Wufei and Heero turned to look at the newcomers in tandem, war training alerting them of danger.
 
Quatre and Duo had walked in, smiling.
 
“Hey! Leave my boyfriend alone!” said Quatre loudly to Wufei as he and Duo joined the pilots at their table. Wufei looked suspiciously at Quatre. What had become of their old… well, Wufei didn't have a better word for it than family. What had become of their old family?
 
“Hi Henry!” said Quatre as he draped his arms around Heero, kissing him on the cheek. Heero looked over at Quatre curiously, eyes confused. Wufei could not suppress the horrible feeling of seeing Heero so vulnerable. Yuy had always been the strength of the operation, and now he looked terrifyingly helpless.
 
“What are you doing?” Heero asked him. His eyes looked back as Duo, his affectionate Duo, took Wufei off guard and kissed him deeply.
 
Heero's jaw dropped.
 
“Dario and Chris are so predictable, aren't they?” asked Quatre with a smile, leaning his head on Heero's shoulder.
 
“Mmmmmf! Baka! Get off of me!” Wufei told, pushing the braided boy off of him, while a deep blush spread over his face from shock and embarrassment. “What the hell are you doing, Duo?”
 
“Don't act like you didn't love it Chrissy,” Duo said with a wink. Wufei made a disgusted face. Heero sat, frozen, with his jaw hanging and his eyes wide.
 
“Oh don't be such a hard ass Chris, or I'll have to punish you! Remember that time we got the hotel at homecoming?” Duo said, smirking. Wufei stared at him blankly and then looked over at Yuy, whose face was turning unusually red. Wufei knew that Heero was going to explode, and as Duo leaned in to kiss Wufei on the cheek, Yuy snapped.
 
Heero pounded his fist on the table, his try of food scattering everywhere, and violently shoved Quatre off of him, storming out.
 
“What the FUCK is going on, ne?” he cursed loudly as he kicked open the cafeteria door and left.
 
Quatre and Duo stared perplexedly at him as he left, but Wufei knew the truth.
 
He watched Hero leave, and then looked down to his hands. Zechs still hadn't woken up, and Treize was dead. Everything was all wrong.
 
“Chris? What's going on? Before the accident things were confusing, but now they really are! I don't know what to expect,” Duo droned on, as Wufei's thoughts turned to the memories of staying in the Peacecraft palace, sword fighting with his enemy, ally, and love. He remembered how it felt when Zechs finally subdued him, dominating him, controlling him perfectly. He remembered the way Zechs tasted and his muscular arms holding him tight as they fell asleep each night. And then, with desolation, he remembered Zechs laying in the hospital bed, motionless and probably gone forever.
 
“Wufei!” screamed Duo. Wufei snapped out of his daydream. He turned to Duo.
 
“What did you just call me?” he asked, staring into the braided pilot's eyes. Duo's eyes widened.
 
“I…. I…” Duo stammered, staring back at Wufei. “I don't know why I called you that… it just felt natural.”
 
Wufei stood, grabbing Duo by his lapel, and slammed him up against the wall.
 
“Why the fuck did you call me that, huh?” Wufei asked calmly. “What made you call me that?”
 
Duo gasped for air, violet eyes looking in panic.
 
“Chris! What are you doing? I love you!” Duo shouted.
 
“Chris! Stop it!” cried Quatre.
 
At that moment, Wufei realized something. Seeing the true look of helplessness in Duo's eyes, and watching Quatre look on in fear, he knew that this must be Oz's doing. Somewhere in Duo's mind, he remembered. Somewhere.
 
Wufei released Duo and walked out to find Heero.
 
 
******************
 
Heero walked down the hall toward his hospital room, mind swarming with images of Duo and Wufei. This was not the reality he belonged in. He clenched his teeth, thinking about how Duo so easily touched Wufei's cheek; the way Duo's lips pressed against Wufei's… he balled his fists involuntarily.
 
He picked up his pace, swiftly moving down the hallway towards his room. He sat down behind his bed, while a silent storm of emotion conquered his thoughts.
 
Wufei ran down the hallway, searching for Heero. He ran towards Heero's hospital room, and threw open the door.
 
“Heero! Duo remem….” Wufei started, but only found an empty room. He scanned the room carefully.
 
“Heero, don't hide from me. Duo called me by my real name!” Wufei told him. Heero stood up, then walked towards Wufei.
 
“Did he?” Heero asked, moving his hands to Wufei's neck. Wufei watched him in shock. Heero squeezed his hands around Wufei's throat.
 
“Did he remember when you were fucking him? Is that it?” Heero demanded, steel grip slowly killing Wufei. Wufei struggled for air, but was taken by such surprise that he did not fight back initially. He watched Heero silently.
 
It was then that they both heard the click of a gun being turned off of safety.
 
Heero loosened his grip on Wufei's throat as they both looked up to see Zero Three looking down at them, breathing raggedly, with cuts around his face, arms, and a large gash across his chest. Heero and Wufei looked up at a blood-covered Trowa Barton. His lips moved silently but Heero and Wufei knew exactly what Trowa had said.
 
 
“We need to move.”