Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Back to reality ❯ Reunited Reality ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Back to Reality
 
By Mandy Maxwell
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing.
 
A/N: Sorry everyone! I know this is long overdue, but I've been pretty busy with school. Sorry! Thanks for all the wonderful feedback! I've added some (future) pairings, but you'll have to read to figure them out. Also, I'm in need of a beta. Any volunteers? Please email me at DarkPrincessRed@yahoo.com. Thanks!
 
Summary: Heero wakes up to find himself in present day earth, in a hospital. He has parents and they call him Henry. Was his whole life just a dream, or is it one of OZ's tricks? What is his destiny?
 
 
 
 
“Now honestly, AC time? I know you have lost your memory, but come on now, son. Do you mean Air Conditioning? It gets hot around here during the Indian summer,” Dr. Matthews told. He opened his mouth to say something else, but Heero's Death Glare silenced him.
 
“Where am I?” Heero asked.
 
“At the best hospital in the United States in Cleveland, Ohio,” Heero's mother spoke. Heero inwardly smirked, thinking that the United States wasn't so united back in his time. Then, his inner terrorist kicked in, searching the room for cameras, exits, and people with guns. When he found only the exits, the window and the door blocked by the doctor, his mind began to plot an elaborate escape plan, even though he was unaware of the building's layout and architecture. If he could only find the others…
 
“The others!” Heero thought aloud, then he turned to the doctor. “Where is Dario?” The name felt foreign. The doctor nodded.
 
“We need to run some tests before you see your friends…” the doctor started, but again trailed off under Heero's glare.
 
“Alright, follow me.”
 
***********************
 
Wufei sat on the windowsill, reflecting on his position. He was in a seemingly non-hostile hospital on earth, and his fellow pilots were unconscious. He had been to visit them all, and tried waking them, even using Dr. J's codes on Yuy, to no avail. He instantly knew he was in deep when Yuy didn't wake. And then there was this story about a car accident. Did Oz honestly think he would believe that the past years of his life were all a “car crash” and he had lost his “memory”? It was like an old vid file that Duo made him watch once about these two agents who fought aliens and used memory-erasing “flashes” to protect bystanders. However, Oz seemed to have done a botched job of erasing memories. He still remembered the horrors he had faced during the war. It was a bit unsettling that none of the pilots would wake up, even Yuy. He almost smirked at having a one-up on Yuy, awakening before him, but his apprehension of the whole situation consumed him, and he again attempted to analyze the situation. But as he watched the people nine stories below him walk past the hospital building, his thoughts turned to his name. Wufei hated the idea of a name as meaningless, and when he woke up, his name was tossed aside carelessly to be replaced with Chris Wang. What an… insignificant name. Just as he was deliberating his name, Heero Yuy charged in.
Heero paused for a second, looking into Wufei's eyes, an unusual desperation in them.
 
“Ch…Chris Wang?” Heero asked tentatively. Wufei's spirit fell. This could be a potentially worse situation than he first believed. Wufei thought, and he realized that if Heero believed him to be Christian Wang, then either Wufei was crazy, or Heero was also brainwashed. The latter being highly unlikely, Wufei began to question himself. Could he be crazy? He looked up and realized that Yuy was expecting a response. What was that name that the doctor called Yuy?
 
“Henry Young?” Wufei asked, unsure. At that moment, Wufei experienced something he had never experienced before. A seemingly unharmed Yuy collapsed, and started hyperventilating. Wufei rushed to his side, falling to his knees and holding Heero's shoulders.
 
“Yuy! Yuy! Status? What's wrong Heero?” Wufei asked. Heero looked blankly for a second, and then his breathing regulated and his eyes focused.
 
“Wufei!” Heero exclaimed and sat up to embrace Wufei in a hug. Wufei's eyes widened in shock, but he had no time to ask for clarification before Heero willingly gave it to him.
 
“Chang, I thought I lost you. When you called me Henry, I thought you had forgotten everything,” Heero spoke. “I am so relieved that I am not alone.” Heero squeezed Wufei more tightly. “If you had turned, then I don't know how I could bear having memories that I can share with no one. Even if everyone else has forgotten, I still have you, Wufei.”
 
Wufei digested that statement in his brain, and he wished he hadn't. He returned the hug.
 
“It'll be ok, Heero. When the others wake up…” Wufei was cut off.
 
“That's just what I mean, Wufei. Don't you know? Havent you visited them?” Heero asked quickly. He pulled away from Wufei and held his shoulders aligned with his so that Wufei was staring straight into his eyes. Wufei again had a pang of concern, stronger this time.
 
“When I visited them, they were still asleep, and you were as well. What has happened?” Wufei asked, regretting the question.
 
“Well, they are awake. I have visited them. Quatre… is no longer Quatre. He is Gabriel Williams, and he… can't remember the war. Or anything for that matter. When he saw me, he…” Heero paused and his gaze shifted down for a second, “…kissed me. He thinks that I am his boyfriend, and he barely acknowledges Trowa. Trowa, well, I cant really say. He was quiet and unresponsive, even thought I asked him questions. Duo… well…” Heero trailed off, eyes watering. His gaze returned to Wufei. A silent tear threatened to fall, and Wufei became on edge. Winner and Barton have forgotten the war? Much less each other?
 
“Duo is gone, Wufei. And he has forgotten me. You, though, he very well remembers. It appears that he is in love with you, and likewise.” Heero embraced Wufei again. “And then I thought you had gone too…” Wufei reflected on what Yuy had told him.
 
“Oz cannot break us this easily. We must stay strong,” Wufei spoke. He rubbed Heero's back comfortingly.
 
“But what if it's not Oz this time! What if they are right? I cant help but think…”
 
“Yuy! Be rational! Of course its just another Oz plot. It is likely that both Quatre and Duo were broken completely, and Trowa could only be broken partially. We may be the ones who couldn't be broken, or that they didn't try. We must escape and contact the Preventers as soon as possible,” Wufei insisted. Heero pulled away. His stony face returned.
 
“Of course you are right, Wufei. I was absorbed in my emotions and I forgot about the mission and who we are. I will formulate a plan,” Heero spoke. Wufei watched how quickly Heero changed. Heero was rarely wrong, and Heero believed Wufei's voice of reason. But Wufei was unsettled.
 
“Don't worry,” Wufei reassured himself more than Heero. “This is just another Oz scheme.”
 
 
Wasn't it?
 
 
**************************************************
 
 
TBC
 
R&R!
Oh yeah, and as for the lemons, they're coming, they're coming!