Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bewildered Soldiers ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Bewildered Soldiers"
By Staria

GUNDAM DATA:
PILOT: 01
CODE NAME: HEERO YUY
REAL NAME: UNKNOWN
AGE: 17
HAIR: BROWN
EYES: PERSIAN BLUE
GUNDAM: WING & WING ZERO

The Perfect Soldier

He had crashed into the ocean, but survived. Washed up on shore, he lay there resting. He just needed a little time before he continued his mission. But then she got in the way. He had come to his senses when he felt someone take his helmet off. He opened his eyes and jumped up. Covering his face from her view, he glared at her.
"Did you see?" He growled.
"See what?" the girl asked.
"No one can know who I am!" As he spoke an ambulance came into view. He hit a button on his suit that threw him back a few feet. Then he got back up and ran up the near by stairs. Knocking medical personnel out of the way he took the ambulance and drove off. He hoped that girl was smart enough to keep quiet.
Then next day he showed up for classes at his new school. Acting normal was the best way for him to hide his mission.
"Class we have new student. I'd like you to welcome him here."
"My name is Heero Yuy."
"Thank you Heero. You may take a seat next to Releena. I'm sure she'll help you if you have any questions."
Releena? he looked up to where the teacher directed and saw her again. The same girl from the beach. He remained silent and emotionless as he took his seat.
"So your name's Heero." Releena said. "I hope you like it here." He didn't reply. He had a mission to take care of. That was his only objective.
At lunch he stood alone contemplating how to destroy his next target. He also needed to find his Gundam before the enemy did. If they had gotten it, he needed to destroy it as soon as possible. He was interrupted in his thinking by that girl again.
"Hello Heero.' she said and handed him an envelope. "It's an invitation to my birthday party this Saturday. I hope you can make it." Heero looked at her and then the envelope. He raised it to her eye level and ripped it in half, letting the two pieces fall to the ground.
"Why?" She asked as he turned. A tear started to fall from her eye.
"I will kill you." he said as he brushed it away. He walked off leaving the girl shocked.
*********
Heero sat up in bed and ran a hand through his hair.
"I should have killed her." he said aloud as he stared out the window. Releena had been stalking him ever since that day. He had tried to kill her but he knew too well she would be a key part of gaining true peace between Earth and the Colonies. If he wanted to admit the girl scared him he would have talked to Duo about it. He would understand, seeing that Hilde never left him alone either. But no he couldn't do that. He was the perfect soldier. He wasn't supposed to be scared off by a girl. But what could he do? Heero knew something had to be done, but he didn't know what. If Releena was killed then peace wouldn't be possible. If he went away and hid, she'd find him sooner or later. He couldn't live his life hiding in fear. He leaned back and smacked his head off the wall a few times. He needed a plan. An escape. Anything.
"Hey man what the hell are you doing?" Duo asked poking his head in the room. "I was trying to sleep you know."
"Sorry." Heero stated calmly. "I can't think."
"The super human's stuck on something? Now this I gotta hear!" Duo came over and sat on the bed next to Heero.
"Go away."
"Nope. I wanna hear what's got you so riled up."
"It's nothing. Go back to sleep."
"Can't I'm up now. So spill."
"No."
"Why not?"
"It's none of your business."
"Yes it is. It's just as much my business as it is yours."
"And how do you figure that?"
"Cause you woke me up with your head banging off my wall. So you must have wanted someone to talk to."
"No."
"I think you do. Come on spill already. Don't make me pry it out of you."
"You couldn't even if you tried."
"Hey now! I am after all the great Shinigami. I can do anything."
"Don't make me laugh."
"I didn't know you could."
"Very funny."
"Yep it is isn't it."
"Leave."
"Nope. I'm not moving."
"Duo."
"Yes Heero."
"Get out now before I kill you."
"Aw, I know you love me man." Duo have Heero a hug, scaring the Japanese pilot some what.
"Get of me!" He said shoving the American Pilot away.
"Heero you've really gotta lighten up. You're gonna seriously damage your brain one of these days. Get some sleep." Duo said leaving.

Heero watched the door for a while after Duo left. What had scared him so much was the fact that he had liked Duo hugging him. He couldn't figure out what was coming over him. He was a pilot. His mission should have been the only thing on his mind, not this.
"What's wrong with me?" He asked aloud. "I can't admit the truth. That's what's wrong with me. I can't admit I have feelings for that annoying, loud mouthed, charming, American. Yuy what have you gotten yourself into?"
*********

GUNDAM DATA:
PILOT: 02
NAME: DUO MAXWELL
AGE: 17
HAIR: BROWN
EYES: VIOLET
GUNDAM: DEATHSCYTH & DEATHSCYTH HELL

The God of Death

Duo returned to his room and sat on his bed, deep in thought. It didn't seem like that long ago that he'd met Heero for the first time. Sure they didn't start off on the best foot, but he couldn't help but be captivated by the super-human like Japanese. Something about him just made Duo want to do everything for him. Follow him any were. He knew however that Heero could never feel that way towards him. Besides he was sure that Heero had something going on with that girl, Releena. He always seemed to be saving her any ways.
"Some Great Shinigami you turned out to be, Maxwell. You can't even tell the guy how you feel." Duo sighed as he talked to himself. "You probably scared him shitless just now to boot. If only there was a way for him to see, or even better if he could even possibly feel the same way. Yeah right! Get a life Maxwell. Like the perfect soldier would want anything to do with a second rate Shinigami." Duo got up to go for a walk. He couldn't get back to sleep now.
**********

Heero sat outside the hanger looking up at the moon. It was full and lit up the sky for miles. He had hoped the night air would calm his nerves, but it wasn't working. He had too many unresolved feelings with him that he didn't know how to deal with. He turned around as he herd foot steps behind him.
"What are you doing out here?" he asked.
"I could ask you the same thing, pal." Duo replied, stepping out of the shadows. "I couldn't get back to sleep."
"Me too."
"Heero, what's on your mind? You know you can trust it with me right?"
"Duo, I..... I don't think you'd understand." Duo could tell his fellow pilot was trying to tell him something important, but just couldn't.
"Now don't go assuming what you don't know." Duo said with a smile and placed a hand on Heero's shoulder. Heero looked at the hand for a moment and then at Duo. His touch was warm and genteel. Something Heero had never really known. Duo could tell that Heero was fighting with his emotions, but over what he still wasn't sure.
"Heero, you OK?" Duo was starting to get concerned. He couldn't stand seeing Heero suffer.
"Hn."
"Heero don't lock yourself up any more than you already have."
"I'd like to act on my emotions, but I have learned to act this way."
"That's no excuse. Was it not you who taught Trowa it was OK to act on your emotions? Wasn't it you who told Quatre that his kindness wasn't a weak point in life only battles? Don't tell me you can't act on your emotions, because I know you can. You act on your emotions all the time Heero."
Heero let what Duo was saying sink into his mind. He was right. He did act on his emotion a lot, though he never fully realized it. How could Duo have seen it when even he hadn't? Heero looked into Duo's eyes trying to figure him out. What he found however, was a deep sense of caring in those violet eyes. He was compelled to do something about it.
Duo could tell Heero had come to a revaluation of some sort, when the light in his eyes changed. It appeared for the better cause that determined look returned to those mysterious blue eyes that Duo loved so much. Before Duo could say another word he found himself in a lip lock that Heero, himself had started. Both pilots felt their hearts race as they realized how the other felt. Heero felt his frightened void fade away while Duo's doubts came to an end. They both knew this was a start of something new, but both wanted it very much. Just as much, if not more so, as completing their mission.