Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Blind Reflection ❯ Together Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


A/N: ^^ Hehe, I never thought I'd work on a Gundam story ever again. The inspiration for this just seemed to disappear. Anyways, this is a bit AU. This is around 2 years after the Mariemaia Khushrenada incident, but Dekim Barton escaped. So he is still well and alive. Plus, our lovely G-pilots are 19 and are lively across the solar system. Anyways, just read on and see what you think. ^^; Please review. I like reviews....

Disclaimer: Gundam Wing does not belong to Jia-chan. *sniff* It shall never belong to Jia-chan. *sob*

Blind Reflection
Chapter I: Together Again

_______________________________________________________


The stars glittered in space. Each sparkled with its own bright light. Some shown a brighter light than others'. Though, all in all, they all shown with a great spiritual brightness. The vast darkness of space contrasted to the bright light of the stars, shining millions of miles away. It was an interesting metaphor, the stars and space. Darkness and Light. Hate and Love. War and Peace. One balancing out the other.

A space Colony floated out in the depth of outer space. A single object in this deep darkness. But it held more power over the solar system than it seemed. It was not because of its technological developments that made it unique, in fact there were many Colonies in space in this age of time. But it was the people inside that held the most importance in this case. Just like the stars. So many, though some shall shine brighter than the others.

A clear window faced outer space. On one side was the cold darkness of space, on the other was a room. A long table, seating eight on each side and two at each end, was center in this gray room. On the left side of the steel table was a large blank screen. Seated randomly in the seats were five young men.

A.C 199 was just another year. But events made a year didn't it? 1945 A.D was considered the year of World War II, 1600 A.D was the beginning of the Renaissance, and A.C 195 was the end of the Eve Wars. Events and names made a year, a decade, a century or a millennium. September 16th, 2112 A.D was recorded as the beginning of the After Colony years. A century full of wars. A time which humanity shall never forget. And these five young men had played an utmost important part.

Sitting at the end of the table, a young man with long braided chestnut hair and Cobat blue eyes leaned into his chair. He wore a black cap over his head, a rugged leather jacket, a red shirt underneath with black pants and matching boots.

He yawned, "This is getting a bit boring isn't it? We've been sittin' here for over half-a-hour!" The youth grumbled negatively. "What do you think Lady Une wants with us anyways?"

He turned his gaze to the platinum blonde in front of him. The other boy held a light complexion and aqua blue eyes. He wore a white sweater and dark blue jeans. "I'm not sure," he answered. "What ever it is, I do hope it can help us in this situation." The blue-eyed boy sighed sadly. Memories of the last Great War was still fresh in his mind. It was something none of these soldiers could ever forget.

"I have a feeling it's something to do with the Gundams," said a green-eyed youth next to the boy. His long bangs covered most of his eyes, but they were still able to lock eyes with the others. He wore a black jacket with a blue shirt underneath and faded jeans. "They have kept this situation well hidden. It's something the Preventers don't want anyone else knowing."

"I agree," said a youth with unruly moss brown hair and Prussian blue eyes. He sat 3 seats away from the braided boy; his arms crossed wearing a simple white shirt with black pants. "If this wasn't important then they wouldn't be keeping this such a secret. Even from us."

A young man of Chinese decent seated across - one seat right from the Prussian-eyed boy smiled lightly. "They seemed to be waiting for all of us to arrive," he suggested. He was undoubtedly a Preventer. Anyone could tell by his uniform. "But I do agree with Trowa and Heero. It somehow does tie in with the Gundams."

"Are you going about this by gut Wufei?" asked the braided youth.

Chang Wufei smirked, "Aren't we all? If not, then what do you think Maxwell?" He turned his gazed to the other boy.

"I didn't say I disagree with you," answered Duo Maxwell, "It's just...our Gundams were destroyed, by us matter-of-fact, so how can this tie in with the Gundams?"

"I agree with Duo," admitted Quatre R. Winner. "Our Gundams were destroyed. There is no possible way for anyone to re-create them. We no blue prints, no information, nothing. When the doctors died, they took all they knew with them as well. Last time against Mariemaia, we stood a chance because we still had our Gundams. But now..." he paused. "Now it is just impossible."

"Nothing is impossible," came a voice. The heads of the five boys turned towards the source of the voice. A women with deep brown hair and eyes stared back at them. She, too, wore a Preventers uniform. "It's good to see all of you again," spoke Colonel Une. She gave a light smile.

Some of the boys nodded in acknowledgement, while the others said their hello. The leader of the Preventers walked toward the table and stood at the end. She carried a plain cream coloured folder in her hand. "I'm sorry for keeping you all waiting, but there was someone we were waiting for," she explained. She sat down on one of the chairs and pulled the folder open. "I hope this didn't serve as an inconvenience."

"Can you just tell us why you called all of us here," chided Duo. "I mean, it's nice to have an reunion and all, but I'd still like to know why the Preventers are keeping this situation all hush-hush." He turned to her in a questioning glance. "I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know what the hell in going on."

Une smiled, "As you all have heard from Sally, Dekim Barton, the man who was responsible for the war two years ago has collected some old members of the Romefeller Foundation, and along with support from a company called Coltar, he has created an organization called Nexus." She paused and glanced at the five pilots, then continued. "Nexus have gained a lot of support from members of the ESUN, including 2 of the Vito Group [1]. Many of the small independent Colonies have already joined with Nexus. A rebellion is at hand gentlemen."

"You expect a war coming from this," said Heero Yuy. "Your afraid that Dekim Barton will gain the same power he did with Mariemaia and try to take control over the Colonies and raise a war on Earth." The way he said it made it a more of a statement rather than a question. The stoic pilot made his point clear. He didn't want to deal with another war.

The brunette women gave a small and sad smile. "Yes," she answered quietly. "Right now, at this state of the situation, a war is inevitable. How soon it would begin is what people are worried about. Sources tell us that some of the Colonies, both with Nexus and not, have started preparing their Mobile Suits."

"You called us here to ask for our help," stated Trowa Barton. He turned to her. "That why you want us all here isn't it? You want us to deal with this war as well. You want us to fight against Nexus."

At this, Duo spoke, "I'm sure most of us would gladly help put Dekim in his place, but how are we suppose to fight against them with Mobile Suits? I'm positive they're gonna have Mobile Dolls doing some of the battles."

"Duo does put up a point," confessed Quatre. "We don't have any ways of making a Gundam. With only Mobile Suits, they could easily defeat us. All of the information on the Gundams, including the Tallgeese, were with the Doctors. They knew everything. Without the Gundams, it would certainly cause a dilemma."

Une nodded lightly. Then, she pulled out 5 piece of paper and passed it down to the pilots. "I think this would help in our situation," she declared. The five boys turned to the sheet of paper in front of them. On it, it wrote -


To our dear pilots,

We wrote this to be read in our absence. We knew sometime in the future, information on the Gundams would be needed. We created this memo in order to help you in a time of need, when we are not here. Our death in this war is inevitable, and we know you would destroy the Gundams sometime in the future. We understand how they are a burden on your shoulders. But in case they are destroyed, and you do need them again, we made sure someone would be able to help you after our death.

Around 10 years ago, we received a young girl from Earth. She was bright, intelligent and a wonderful child. Her name is Marlene Evans, and she was once our protégée. She is our legacy. Everything we knew, we taught her. She holds she key to your victory. Marlene will be able to help you in a new saga of war. She will act on as us. And we hope you would treat her with the same respect you would show with us.

Good luck in life, and may you live in a time of peace. Please send our condolences to Marlene.

Sincerely,

J, G, H, S, O

"This was left to Howard and he made sure we would only receive it when we need it," explained the Colonel. Behind her, on the large screen, a picture came up. It was that of a young women, around 18 or 19. She had platinum silver blonde hair, a light complexion, soft rosy lips, and the most amazing stormy gray eyes. She was very beautiful. "This is Dr. Marlene Evans[2]."

Duo whistled, "Wow, what a babe." He gawked lightly at the female. "If I ever saw a beautiful women, she is it!" The rest of the pilots turned to her as well. And though some of them would rather die than admit it, Marlene Evans was a very beautiful women.

"We have already tried contacting Dr. Evans, but she refused to respond to us," articulated Une. She sighed. "We are not sure why, but Dr. Evans doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with this war." She shook her head lightly.

"You want us to persuade her don't you?" inquired Trowa as he turned back to Une. "You want us to convince her to help the Preventers build the Gundams." Une silently nodded.

"Well, I'm up for this," smiled Duo happily. "I'll certainly be glad that we will have someone to help us on this little problem." He grinned as he look a look at Marlene. "And boy am I glad she's the one."

"So do you all agree on this?" questioned the brunette. She looked around the room. Quatre smiled and nodded, Trowa, Wufei and Heero also gave a nod of acknowledgement and agreement. Une smiled, "Dr. Evans is working in a hospital on Earth in Geneva. I have a shuttle ready to take you there."

As the others made their way out of the room, Heero stayed and waited for the others to leave. When they were gone, he turned to Une. "Can I see that photo? The original," he retorted.

Une looked at him for a second, in a confused and puzzled way. But asking no questions, she nodded and took out the photo of Marlene Evans and handed it to Heero. "Why do you want to see it?" she finally asked. "Do you know her?"

Heero shook his head. "No," he stated. And Une knew by that it was the end of the conversation, she then turned and left. When she was gone, Heero continued to look at the picture of Marlene. She seems familiar, he thought to himself. For some unknown reason, even to himself, he turned the pictured over, and to his surprise, there was something written at the bottom of the photo. Evelyn Adams it said.

"Evelyn...." Heero muttered to himself. "How come your name sounds so familiar? Who are you?" He then placed the photo back onto the cold steel table. We'll find out, won't we.




TBC...


Not bad. A whole lot of talk and no action, I know. But the next chapter will be more exciting. You'll actually get to meet Marlene. Anyways, hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of Blind Reflection! ^^ Please read and review everyone. The more reviews I get, the faster I write. ^^

[1] The Vito Group thingy is actually called the Five Powers, or something like that, and is something I got from watching the news about the UN. It has five representatives from five countries; France, USA, Britain, Russia and China. They can "Vito" and major decisions that deal with countries with in the UN.

[2] The real Marlene Evans is actually from a soap opera called Days of Our Lives. I like the name, so I decided to borrow it. It's two different people, this Marlene and the Marlene from Days of Our Lives. ^^

Ja ne no na da! *waves Kumagoro around and smiles*


© 2002 by Jia-chan.