Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Reflections ❯ Kaiho Suru no Hansha- Reflection of the End ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A dark day…

Only a week before it was unthinkable that anything could happen to such strong and seemingly invincible landmarks as the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. But on September 11, 2001, the nation watched as the heart of our country's military command burned and the Twin Towers of New York City crumbled and fell. I was stunned when I found out in my high school class that Tuesday morning that such a horrible event had occurred. All those innocents who were slaughtered in this senseless act of madness... and those who are left to grieve. It's beyond comprehension how a human being can become so sick and perverted that they could cause such mass murder without any thought of remorse. Right now I'm so torn between emotions that I can't even begin to describe the turmoil. Anger can come later... what is most important now is that we mourn the loss of our fellow Americans on this dark day. So close are we to that day of imfamy in 1941, but I fear that the casualties of this senseless act will far outnumber those of the past. It is important that we take a moment to reflect on those who have perished in this tragedy, the seen and unseen heros who rose up in a time of need, and their families who are suffering from their loss…

This is the time that America must unite together, all races and walks of life, and show both those who wish us evil and the entire world the strength of our resolve and work together to face this atrocity that has been committed against our great nation. America has always been the one nation to come forward in aid of almost every country's need, but in return we receive only criticism and scorn in times of peace and, at most, words of comfort and support in our times of hardship. But the one thing that has remained true thoughout all of hisory is that America has always managed to stand tall and proud after all of our trials. As our President said in his address to the American public, "These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve."

~ In memory of those who lost their lives on that dark day of

September 11, 2001- We will remember

Chapter Six: "Kaiho Suru no Hansha" -Reflection of the End

Wufei's eyes glittered coldly as he looked at the low-slung builing in front of him. Weak fools… he thought without pity, and pressed the detonator switch in his hand.

Fire ripped through the quiet barracks of the Lake Victoria base. Those who were not incinerated by the blast itself only had time to scream out in terror and agony as the subsequent inferno tore down the halls and through the rooms.

In another of the bases buildings, Lieutenant Lucrezia Noin burst from her quarters into the dark hallway that was flashing with red emergenty becons. "What is it? What's happnening?!" she shouted to a soldier running farther down the hall.

"We're under attack!" the man yelled, his voice straining with held-in fear. "The pilot trainee dormatory has been hit the worst!"

Noin's blood ran cold. My pilots… "What?!" she screamed, voice tinged with horror.

She ran towards the decimated building. The only thought running through her head was why. Why would someone destroy a dorm full of young soldiers, defenseless and sleeping… Why couldn't they go after the suits?! Who could be so heartless?…

Noin tore through the barracks and finally found the main sleeping quarters. As she entered the room, she stopped dead in her tracks. The room was littered with rubble and the bodies of her trainees. She covered her hand with her mouth and hugged herself. "This is terrible…" she murmured.

She heard a low groan and ran forward to lift the man's head. He looked at her with pain-stricken eyes as blood coursed down the side of his head and pooled beneath him. "Instructor…" he stammered. "I wanted to go into outer space-so badly…" He groaned again and slumped against her. She pulled his limp form close to her, her eyes filling with hot tears. Who could do something so horrible?… Those bastards will pay! she thought harshly. Her mind snapped back to its military training as she lifted her head, her eyes blazing.

She turned to the men who had run in behind her. "Find the enemy and attack them at once!" she yelled. "Destroy them all! We're expecting a Moblie Suit battle. Leos, lead the pack! The enemy should be close by."

Outside, a squad of Leos had already begun to search the base, spotlights and flares lighting the gloom. Noin hurred into the control tower. She turned to the soldier attending the radio. "How's Lieutenant Zechs?" she asked, suddenly concerned for the blonde-haired man who had been visiting the base.

"The South hangar is safe," he responded, indicating the building where Zechs had been staying. "Word is that he's heading here."

"Good," said Noin as she reached for the microphone that played over the bases loudspeakers. "The enemy has come to destroy the Tarus Suits. Take your positions," she ordered."

The soldier swivled in his chair to address her. "It'll take thirty minutes to load all the machines for transport," he reported.

"Okay, you've gotta hold off the enemy for thirty minutes," she said as she turned to the door. "I'll take command of the Mobile Suit troops," and raced out of the room.

• • •

Any time now, thought Colonel Lady Une. The Vice-Foreign Minister will be dead and out of Trieze's way. Finally, he will be able to put his plan into motion…

"Excuse me, um, miss, I think you forgot this, back in there." Une whirled around to see Darlian's young daughter standing in front of her, holding the disguised bomb that she had planted next to the conference room. She growled, not believing the girl's stupidity. "You fool!" she yelled, and lunged for the "compact". She snatched it from the surprised girl's grasp, ran towards the building, and hurled it with all of her might towards the conference room window.

The room exploded in a fiery blast of plaster and shrapnel as screams of agony tore through the air. One of the attendants accompanying the Colonel had held onto Darlian's daughter during the explosion, sheilding her from the aftermath. Relena looked up over the soldier's arm and finally understood what had happened. She went pale as she whispered, "Oh God…Father!" She pushed past the soldier and ran towards the doors.

Une watched the girl's retreating back. "That was close," she said, trying to regain her stressed nerves. She turned to the two men behind her. "Go after the girl and eliminate her if she resists," she ordered coldly. The guards saluted her and headed back to the tower.

Relena couldn't believe what had just happened. She was still in a slight state of shock as she ran through the charred doorway of the conference room that her father had been in. She looked wide-eyed at the destruction and death that greeted her. "Father! Where are you?! Father!" she yelled frantically.

"Re…lena…" came the weak reply, and the girl dashed towards the sound of her father's voice. She found him pinned beneath a slab of concrete and kneeled beside his desolate form. "Father! Talk to me, Father!" she pleaded anxiously.

Seemingly from out of nowhere, a red-headed man kneeled down across from Relena and asked, "Is he alright?" Relena, taken aback by his sudden appearance, could only respond with "Huh?" The man ignored her slight response and looked back over his shoulder to three other men who had begun to search the ruined room. "Well?" he inquired.

A man who held one of the councilmen's limp body looked back at him. "I can't find any other survivors."

"Who are you people?" Relena asked in a quavering voice as she watched the man lift the chunk of stone off of her father.

He seemingly ignored her query as he gently slung the fallen man over his shoulder. He once again looked to the others as he said, "Okay, we'll carry Mr. Darlian out."

Relena started as she heard pounding footsteps in the outside hallway. Suddenly, the two soldiers who had been with that woman burst into the doorway, machine guns leveled before them. "Stop right there!" one of them yelled. "What are you doing?!"

The red-haired man snarled under his breath. "Move!" he shouted, and grabbed Relena around her waist before the surprised girl could even protest. He ran for the door as one of his fellow rescuers provided cover fire with a machine gun of his own, pressing the soldiers down behind the doorframe.

Outside the room, one of the uniformed men spoke quickly into his radio. "Someone's taken Dorlian's daughter and they're trying to escape! Lock all the exits!" he relayed as the group he spoke of dashed down another hall.

Moments later, Relena watched as the strangers carefully loaded her father into the back of an armored van. She tried to pull away from the burly man's grip on her wrists, but had no luck in breaking his hold. "Let go of me!" she protested.

The man looked down at the frightened girl. "You're going to have to come with us," he ordered gently. "It's the only way you'll make it out of here alive."

His words had no visible effect on calming Relena. "I don't care what happens to me. What are you going to do with my father?" she asked, tugging harder.

"Just do as we say for the time being, Miss," he said, shaking his head. He stiffened as he heard a chime sound behind him. "Get in!" he shouted as the soldiers burst through the opening elevator door and released a spray of bullets. He dragged the girl into the van and slammed the doors as the van sped away in a cloud of exhaust and burning rubber.

• • •

Noin shook her head in disbelief at what she had just found out. "He attacked the base on his own, but he only looks about 14." She couldn't believe that a kid that young could wreak so much havoc and destruction without aid. He's just a baby… Why would he want to kill so many defenseless soldiers?… Her senses snapped her back to reality and she stiffened as she saw movement below her. "He's there."

A flock of birds screamed up from the trees as a monstrous Mobile Suit of a type unlike any that Noin had ever seen rose from the foliage. She circles her Aries suit around to face her enemy.

As she flew, two of the base's soldiers had managed to catch up with her and were readying a gigantic beam cannon. The gun's aiming system locked onto the strange suit and one of the pilots shouted "Fire!" Noin watched as the cannon charged up, the inside of its barrel growing to a bright red. "Don't shoot!" she yelled. The soldier jerked in surprise. "Lieutenant Noin, why not?" he questioned over his loudspeaker.

Wufei grinned from within Shenglong's cockpit, knowing that his assumption had been proven right. "Because she's a woman," he replied arrogantly, and turned his suit towards the two Aries. He slammed his thrusters on and blasted towards the two suits as he drew his machine's massive thermal-bladed staff from its place on its back. He mercilessly ripped it through the two unprepared crafts and braced himself against the firey explosion.

Noin watched horrified. Her hesitation was decimated as she flew towards the enemy. She fired a hail of bullet's from her suit's machine gun, screaming "Damn you!" Wufei shot Shenglong's dragon-headed arm towards the woman's Aries, striking a glancing blow to the bottom of her suit and sending her spinning out of control into the trees.

• • •

I must be crazy… thought Relena Darlian as she stood braced before the three men, a black gun leveled in front of her. What am I doing? They were the ones who helped me escape… her face hardened as she remembered their refusal to take her wounded father to a hospital. They had let him die, they hadn't even tried to help. Father… why did you have to tell me? Why couldn't you have kept it a secret and died with me believing that you were really my father? Why did you leave me without knowing anything about my real family except their name and reputation? Why did you have to die?… White-hot fury snapped in Relena's eyes as her thoughts turned to retribution.

"I'll get revenge for his death," she yelled at the men opposite her. "It's OZ, right? OZ is responsible for the death of my father!"

"Don't be stupid!" yelled one of the men. "You'll just end up getting killed. Can't you see it's suicide?"

Relena glared at him. "I don't care if I am killed…" Her thoughts drifted back to her birthday party. I don't care… She saw her mother and father standing together. She remembered the look in his eyes as he told her that he would be leaving for space again, the sadness at the thought of ruining her fun. For some strange reason, she remembered the pictures of the strange object that she and her father had seen on their return to Earth. What was it that father had said? she thought. Some kind of operation… "Meteor…" she whispered aloud, not realizing that she had said it.

She heard heavy footsteps and a metallic clicking to her left. An old voice came from the shadows. "Did you say Meteor?" Relena jerked her head in the direction of the voice. The men took this momentary distraction to their advantage and two of them lept forward to restrain the pistol-weilding girl.

A bent old man with long white hair and moustaches, small thick glasses, and a half-crazy smile stepped into the light. The clicking came from the metal braces he wore on each leg and the opening and closing of the "fingers" of his cold metal right arm. "Are you talking about Operation Meteor?" At the girl's wide-eyed look, he began to chuckle.

• • •

Noin didn't know how long she had been unconscious. However, she knew that it couldn't have been more than a matter of minutes, for when she looked at her suit's veiwscreen, she saw the enemy suit hoisting the beam cannon into the air.

Noin immediately realized his intentions and frantically began to punch the buttons on the pannel in front of her, yelling "Move!" She grunted in frustration as she realized that her efforts were in vain. "Aries!" she screamed, and slammed her hands down on the control board and bowed her head.

The white, blue, and red suit raised the end of the cannon towards the sky above the horizon and let loose a huge blast of energy. Noin watched helpless as the beam streaked across the inky blue sky and slammed into the small black object that Noin knew to be the transport ship for the new Tarus suits. The ship blew apart instantly, raining fire and debris to the ground below.

The suit's pilot threw the sparking, damaged cannon at its feet and turned to look at Noin's Aries. "Are you listening, woman? Huh?" came the boy's hard, scornful voice. Noin looked up. "You saw I was a kid and you underestimated me. You're a weak soldier. I don't fight bleeding hearts or women." The suit stood for a moment longer before blasting off over the treetops into the night.

Noin could only pound her hands upon the control panel. "Damn it!" she said harshly. He's right… I shouldn't have underestimated him. How could I have made such a stupid mistake?! She screamed her frustration as her Aries sat motionless in the trees, smoke still seeping from its ruined form.

• • •

The old man glanced at the girl sitting beside him in the black sedan. "Please feel free to call me Dr. J, young lady." He grinned, lifting his mechanical arm slightly, and said, "Believe it or not, I'm a scientist."

Relena looked at the man. "Dr. J… you know what that thing was don't you? That entry pod that looked like a shooting star… the one that shot at the shuttle I was on?"

Dr. J smiled slightly. "So, he shot at a civilian craft, did he? I appologize for the attack, but you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. That boy doesn't like anyone or anything to interfere with his missions." He began to chuckle as though the idea was some kind of joke.

"Boy?" Relena questioned. "A boy was piloting that thing?"

The aging scientist turned to look at her. "Yes, a young boy, about your age. His name is Heero, Heero Yuy. Or at least that's his code name anyway." The girl looked surprised and echoed, "Code name?"

At seeing the slight apprehension in her eyes, Dr. J wondered why he had even told this girl anything in the first place. Maybe I'm going soft, maybe even a bit senile in my old age… but for some reason I think I should tell her. Someone should know what's been done to him at least. Besides, she's the daughter of the Peacecrafts. I have a feeling that she is going to have a more important role in all of this than she realizes… He shook himself out of his thoughts and turned his attention back to the other passenger. "I take it that even you know of the straining tensions between the colonies and the Earth Sphere. There's a great war looming on the horizon, and I have been preparing for that battle for quite some time. You see, ever since Heero was very young, we taught him a wide range of battle strategies. We brought him up as a professional assasin."

Relena's eyes widened at his words. "What? Why would you do something like that?" she asked, horrified.

"Don't you see?" replied the man. "For the peace of the colonies, of course."

"Peace?" she asked, not quite comprehending the train of logic that the scientist was following. "How can an all-out war possibly lead us to peace?"

Dr. J frowned slightly at her. "It leads directly to peace. Wars are started by people, and they end with people. Heero is ordered to attack only the dangerous, evil people responsible for starting wars."

The girl's brows drew together in uncertainty. "But there must be more peaceful solutions," she protested.

"For a long time, we thought so too," said the Doctor quietly. Relena listened as he told her about the start of the colonies and the struggle it took to create them. When he mentioned the assasination of the colonies' leader, Heero Yuy, which to whom he accredited the young pilot's name, and the fact that the OZ organization was responsible for the killing, Relena sat up straighter. "OZ…" she said in recognition.

Dr. J picked up on her tone and asked, "Do you know OZ?"

The girl lowered her head and said quietly, "Yes, it was the last thing Father told me. 'Beware of OZ'." She remained silent for a moment, then looked back to the scientist. "So who are you making Heero fight against," she asked.

"All of OZ," he said. "We must stop them before they fullfil their ambition to take over the United Alliance Millitary and dictate the Earth Sphere."

The girl was shocked. "But why does Heero have to take on that enormous task? Why should he be responsible for doing that all by himself?" inquired Relena.

Dr. J looked unabashed. "We have no choice. He understands the emotional pains that the colony residents have been forced to endure over the years. Anyways, he's not the only one fighting this battle. There are four that have come from the other colonies that will be fighting the same battle. Maybe they will even learn to work together."

"But still!" protested the girl.

The man held up his hand. "But nothing," he said as he looked at her. "Heero is strong. We've trained him to be. The others are too, most likely. Besides…" He paused slightly as a strange expression settled over his face. "The weight of the war does not even rest on their shoulders." At Relena's confused look, he smiled surreptitiously. "Heero was made from a broken mold. A mold that, left as it is, will not only carry the burden of the war, but destroy it as well. He is not the person he thinks he is. He is simply a reflection of deliverance."

Relena was about to ask what his enigmatic and cryptic response meant, but it was then that the car pulled to a stop outside of a large, brightly-lit tower. Relena opened the door and stepped outside. She shut the door as the darkly tinted window rolled down. Dr. J peered out at her and said, "They should be able to return you safely to Earth from here."

The girl paused and looked steadily at him. "One more thing. May I ask you why you saved my life, Dr. J? Is it because of my father, because I'm Darlian's daughter?"

The man looked a little taken aback. "Not at all. It's because you had that same look in your eyes as…," he paused again, but continued quickly. "As Heero did. That same genuine expression. Heero is actually a kind-hearted young boy. It's too bad that not all mirrors can be made the same way…" He trailed off and appeared to be lost in his own thoughts.

Relena once again almost asked for an explaination, but she bit her tongue. Maybe it's something that he doesn't want to talk about. It was just as well that she did not ask, for the scientist's demeanor changed as quickly as it had before. His eyes were colder as he looked back up at her. "But Heero is very dedicated to his mission. Stay away from him if you value you life." Without another word, the window was rolled up and the car sped away, leaving the girl standing alone, bathed in the building's yellow light.

• • •

Wufei walked wordlessly through the darkness on the African savannah. He saw the pack of heyenas stalking him in the tall grass along the fringes of his vision, but he neither worried nor cared. His mind was focused on other things. Why did it have to be a woman? He spat the word in his mind much as one would utter a curse. Of all the men stationed at that base, why send a woman? Women are weak, pathetic creatures who depend entirely on the protection of men. They can't even put up a decent fight… I've only met one woman who has… He felt a pang of sorrow deep in his heart, but pushed it aside with his anger. He realized that he had stopped walking and the hair-raising laughs of the heyenas were much closer.

He looked up and focused his eyes on the circle of ungainly-looking creatures surrounding him. Red rage blurred his vision. How dare such pathetic beasts challenge him, the heir of the Dragon Clan?! Heated emotion took over as he let loose some of his pent-up anger. "Get out of my sight you weaklings!" he screamed. The animals, caught off-guard by his outburst, gazed warily at the boy before them before they turned tail and ran off into the night.

Wufei, fists clenched by his sides, closed his eyes and bowed his head. "Fighting a weak enemy leaves me feeling so empty inside," he said to no one in particular. He punctuated his frustrations as he threw back his head and unleashed a throaty scream to the heavens. He held his position for a few moments before he dropped his head down, eyes closed once again. Breathing heavily, he struggled to regain the warrior calm that lay within him. But no matter how he tried to reach it, his still-smoldering anger ripped it from his grasp.

Grunting in frustration, he opened his eyes and looked out over the waves of rippling grass. The wind whipped the long shoots in a furious whirlwind, seemingly reflecting the raging turmoil inside of him. Suddenly, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end and he had the keen sensation of being watched. He whirled around to look behind him and stiffened as he took in the shadowy details of the figure before him. The moon had since moved behind a bank of clouds, so he had to content himself with a phantom for the time being. The first thing that occurred to him was that the person was a woman, which caused his momentarily forgotten rage to flare. He knew that it was not the same pilot as before, but it made no difference to him.

By the time Wufei had gotten over his initial blind rage the moon had cleared it's dark veil, once again bathing the grasslands in it's ghostly light, and he was able to make out the person's features quite easily. The woman was actually no more than a girl, probably around his age, with long brownish hair that the wind whipped around her in a frenzy. She was clad in a dark tank top and jean shorts that fitted her figure and revealed her strong, athletic build. His gaze moved back up to settle on her face. Strands of goldish hair, borne aloft by the strong wind, played over her features as he took in her smooth bronzed skin, a stubborn nose and chin, and a strong, full mouth. But what seemed to commanded his attention were her eyes. It was not their fierce blue color, nor the fact that they were extremely beautiful, that held his gaze. Rather it was their strange emptiness, their lack of life; an icy cold that lay within their depths.

If he had been himself, he would have also noticed the slight glint of danger that flashed through them, but he was too filled with anger and slowly building desire to register it. What he did notice, however, was the brief mocking smirk that played over her lips. The ember of anger that still lingered within him roared to a raging inferno at this display of disrespect. This woman dare mock me? Woman or not, no one insults me and comes out of it unscathed!

He balled his hands into tight fists as he began to stalk towards the girl. "You shall pay for your insolence. You have no idea who you have just insulted." Once again, the uncontrollable red rage that rarely surfaced blazed in his black eyes. The fact that the girl stood there, an impassive, unintimidated look on her face infuriated him all the more. "Women should not display such disrespect for men, they should be frail, trembling creatures in a man's shadow!" Wufei raged. He came to a halt about four feet from where she had stood, unmoved by his insults. Looking her over once more, he decided on his course of action. "I usually don't concern myself with weaklings, but you've pushed me a little too far," he said decisively and suddenly lashed out with his right fist to her unprotected torso.

"Nani…?"

For a split second he was surprised when his fist met with empty air, then he felt sudden a sharp pain in crook of his arm as the girl blocked his strike and spun around him to deliver a savage blow to the back of his neck with her elbow. Wufei's knee hit the ground as he staggered forward with a grunt of pain. He regained his footing and whirled around to face his opponent; wild fury, slight disbelief, and a trace of worry flooding his features. The girl, eyes empty, stood calmly in front of him. Letting a furious roar tear its way from his throat, he launched himself once again at his opponent, who met his attack head on.

The two fought the battle blow by blow, each trying to find an opening in his or her adversary's defense. As sweat began to pour down his body, Wufei tried to come to grips with what was happening.

I underestimated her. Why shouldn't I have? She's a woman! There's no way that this should be happening! She should have crumpled like wet ricepaper under my first punch! his mind raged. I am Chang Wufei, heir to the Dragon Clan, the best fighter the family has had in fifty years, and this… girl is still standing!

Pure outrage took over and Wufei's attacks came faster, harder, and wilder. Suddenly, as he threw a violent kick towards her head, she caught his ankle in her strong grip and rammed the heel of her other hand under his unprotected chin. The blow lifted the boy off the ground and he slammed into the dirt in a cloud of dust. As he lay dazed on his back, the girl gazed down at him, eyes as lifeless as ever. Her face abruptly disappeared from his view and he struggled to his knees.

His head reeled as he watched the girl move away from him. He tensed as she stopped, expecting another attack, but she merely turned to look back at him over her shoulder. The wind blew wisps of hair over and around her face as she locked eyes with him and quietly said, "Itsuka aerusa omae ga sagashite iru yume ni." Without another word she turned and began to walk into the night. Wufei stared after her retreating back, her words running through his head. We'll meet again sometime in the dreams you are searching for…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Ohayo! I'm back once again. I first of all want to apologize for how late this chapter was. My dad got a command (he's in the Army) in Georgia, so we had to pack up everything and move from Kansas back down to the good old South. After physically getting here came all the boxes and unpacking and getting ready for school and cheerleading practice and… well, I won't bug you with all the details, but you get the picture. But I tried to make it up to you by making it a very looong chapter (even though most of it is basically what happens in Episodes 4 and 5. Sorry for all of the retelling! I'm trying to stick to as much of the story line as possible at this point!!!) *bows* Once again, gomen nasai, minna-san!

Secondly, I'd like to make one simple request: PLEASE REVIEW! Onegai, I'd really like it if you did. It seems like I haven't gotten as much response from this as I thought I would, so I don't know if I should even keep this going or not. If you'd like me to keep writing, tell me!! If not then I guess I'll let this fic sink into oblivion. So review… onegai… *wimper*.

I'd also like to take part of my "special author time"*yay* to respond to one of my reviews. I was told that I seemed as if I had described Rei like Relena. I would like to thank that reviewer for actually taking in enough of the story (yeah, I know some of you just skim over it to see if it's good… *creepy echo voice* I know all!..) to realize the similarities. Unfortunatly, it was not my intentent to have them look alike. I'm working on a character sketch of Rei that I'm hoping I can somehow post on FanFiction.net (If anyone knows how, please tell me!!!!) so people can get an idea of what she looks like. I don't know, maybe I did describe her like Relena, but she looks completely different in my mixed-up head, lol.

Once again, another short note to my buddy Dilly/Hilde/Kotori-chan. Well Buri-chan, I guess we're gonna have to do the editing thing long-distance. No more going over my story instead of doing classwork in Mrs. Schukman's American Authors/Expos class L. Unless you print it out and take it with you *evil giggle*. Don't worry tomodachi, I'll be coming back as soon as I can!

Oh, I should probably add a disclaimer in here, since I seem to have *ahem* forgotten to do so earlier, lol. *Disclaimer*: I do not own Gundam Wing or any of it's affiliated characters. They were created and are owned by people with powers much greater than myself. I am in no means trying to steal any part of the creator's ideas. The only thing that I can lay claim to in this story is the one character that I created, and well, she kinda belongs to herself (she can be pretty scary sometimes! lol). I am merely trying to write a crappy little fanfic about a show that I love and would like to hope that I am inspiring others who have not seen the series to do so. So please please please don't sue me!!! I have no money! Nada, zip, zero. Well, I think that should about take care of it!

One final word: I appologize for all the jumping around that this story does from event to event and place to place, but I'm trying to fit everything together in as much of a comprehensible way as possible. Also, if some things didn't happen at the exact times that they did in the show, I appologize as well. But hey, this is a fanfic and I'm the author…so I guess I have unlimited power!!! Bwahahahha!!!!! Err… gomen nasai, my little remaining sanity escaped me for a moment. Anyways, I know I'm boring you by now, so I guess that about wraps it up. Until next time, ja ne!