Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Burning Water ❯ Burning Water 2a ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Burning Water (2a/?)

Author: care

Archive: http://www.fanfiction.net (when it's working =_=) If you'd like to archive my fic (aka my precious baby), please leave your e-mail and a note in a review and I'll get back ta ya.

Category: Light romance, general, humor?

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: language. Much language. And OOC Fei-chan (in the form of semi-domesticated!Wufei). Oh yeah… beware of the rabid run-on sentences. And the slightly evil fragments.

Spoilers: none really.

Obligatory disclaimer: not mine. pout. Well… the cake that Fei-chan's baking is mine but it seems to be slightly radioactive.

Notes: College fic. Disgustingly somewhat OOC Hee-chan fic. Light 1+2/2+1, 5+2/2+5. I promise nothin' more than leering and smoochies.

Feedback: please sir, could I have s'more?

+++

He believed that Heero couldn't find a means of coping during the war and so he just filed all of that pain and grief away (maybe filed it all into that damnable laptop); and promised himself that he'd deal with all his emotional turmoil after the war and after he could finally stop fighting.

And it seemed that Heero had, somewhere, somehow, found - if not redemption - the ability to tolerate his own existence, which in itself was an inevitable road of self-discovery.

Thus, Duo wasn't too overly surprised at the nightmares that his new roommate finally allowed himself to have.

He was surprised, on the other hand, at the leering.

And the 'accidental' groping.

+++

Another day, another gaddamned mountain of paperwork.

Annoyed, Wufei smirked evilly as he liberally ran a few random documents through the paper shredder.

Really, he was here to protect innocent civilians and weak, groveling onnas. He was not here to play Une's personal secretary, no matter what Une's real secretary thought. Honestly, Wufei had better things to do. He had books to read, Duo to call, investigations to take over, onnas to condemn, e-mails to others and replies to Duo to write, refrigerators to restock, a cake to (attempt) to bake (for Duo).

He was busy, damn it. He had no time for this onna-secretary work.

Nonwhatsoever.

And he was worried about Duo - it had been a week since the Braided Baka last called.

And for the talkative boy not to talk to his best friend for a week meant that something was up.

So he really wanted to take the rest of the day off to bake a triple fudge cake for the ex-pilot who called himself Shinigami.

He figured he owed the braided boy for all the kindness and sweetness that he'd lavished.

Plus, he missed his friend's beautiful smile and the hugs and the body contact that his friend apparently lived off of.

But it wasn't as if Wufei craved a little body contact (or maybe a lot) with the violet-eyed boy.

Of course not.

Of course Duo was important to Wufei, but it wasn't as if the Chinese boy had been thinking about his best friend too much.

Of course not.

And while we're on that subject, Wufei would like to say to Sally Po that "What d'you mean that my life centered around Duo!?!" The Chinese boy wanted to make it absolutely clear that in addition to the baking purposes of the milk he was going to buy for Duo's cake, he needed it because he ate Chocolate Puff cereal in the mornings for breakfast, and what's cereal without milk?

…Never mind that it was also Duo's favorite breakfast food. That didn't signify anything. There were no connotations.

Of course not!

+++

He was jolted out of his reverie by one of the newer agents.

"Oi, Chang!"

"<a sigh> yes, Johnson?"

"Security says they found a bomb in your car."

"What!?!"

"They say you should take a look at it."

"Shit."

+++

And so Wufei ran out of the Preventers building (see Wufei run, run Wufei, run! [0]) and into the parking lot…

Just in time to see a Preventer - Wufei was pretty positive his name was Garcias - cut a purple wire.

Wufei scanned the pieces of the bomb that laid around the area near his tires.

Hn. The layout was unique, and he was pretty sure he had only seen one person make this sort of triangular shaped bomb covering.

… Shit.

Gathering his wits, and also idly wondering what would happen if the bomb went 'boom' he cursed and yelled a warning. " Garcias! Don't touch anything!"

Unfortunately, Wufei's yell efficiently startled the bomb 'expert' (hah, Duo laughed. Hah.) and caused Garcias to slip.

The wire-cutter that had an innocent-looking blue wire resting between its sharp blades snapped closed.

"Everyone duck!" Wufei yelled - you never could tell with Duo.

Everyone except for Garcias leapt to the floor.

Garcias, shell-shocked and stiff-scared sat there numbly.

What was the term? Oh yes, Wufei hauled ass and sprinted forward from his previous, nice safe place behind a… bush [1] and dragged Garcias away from the triangular bomb, all the while muttering akin to "kisama!" and "stupid bomb-obsessed ex-pilots" and "stupid self-titled bomb experts that can't work under stress."

But too late did Wufei himself throw himself back - the bomb went boom.

+++

Trying to stifle exasperated laughter, he caught some of the floating black confetti that resulted from the … boom.

They were little cutout skulls and scythes.

From behind Wufei heard Sally call his name.

"Yes?"

"Wufei… please tell Duo to stop sending private messages via bombs."

She tossed him a note that he deftly caught.

Hey, Fei.

Did you like your surprise? Anyway, just dropped a note to tell you to take a vacation and visit me this weekend! By the way, the shell of this 'bomb' that some bloke prolly took apart (you Preventers have the stupidest bomb squad. Tell them to call me some time) also has one of those pine-tree car air-fresheners stuck inside. Use it. No offense, dried blood and explosive powder smells fine to me, Fei, but not if you're taking me to that nice restaurant down the street from my campus to celebrate the' strange and sudden and completely surprising' mass chaos of the student directory and the 'sudden and inexplicable onslaught of insanity' that my psychology professor sudden developed tomorrow, hai? And you better use the air-freshener, 'Fei. I expect your car to smell lemony-fresh by then, capish?[2] Call me.

-Shini

Wufei really couldn't stifle his laughter now.

"Report, Chang!"

He turned around once more and found him face-to-face with Une.

He had never seen her quite so bewildered.

"What happened?"

And what a sight she must have seen!

At least half of the parking lot was sprayed with black confetti and there was easily ten of her bomb squad, two of her special ops squad, and one of her very best secretari-um-I-mean operative laughing their asses off in her back lot.

Wufei managed to gather himself together and looked amusedly at Une.

"One word. Maxwell."

Une nodded, weary.

"Go back to work people. There's nothing to see."

+++

Tired he stumbled into his apartment, absentmindedly strewing his jacket and tie off somewhere along the way to his bedroom. Alas, it seems that Wufei had caught some bad habits from his bouncy violet-eyed best friend.

Shedding his socks, he free-fall-dropped back onto his bed, barely avoiding giving himself a concussion from hitting his head too hard on a nearby dresser.

God.

He covered his face.

He hated Une's secretary.

She deserved to be shot to hell, resurrected, and then stomped over repeatedly with Nataku.

Groaning, he pulled himself to an upright position and moved to take off his pants.

He felt a crinkle and fished around his pockets, coming out with Duo's invitation (which was really more of a demand, but what the hey).

Smiling softly, and spirits already in a better mood, he changed into his sweat clothes.

However, he was still bone tired and was in no mood to go to the local grocery store and be ogled and drooled over (what, you really thought he didn't notice? He was a gundam pilot for Chrissakes, he knew what was going on around him).

A small smile playing on his lips, he phoned the grocery deliver boy and placed his orders.

"Hi. I'd like to order a triple fudge cake, a gallon of milk, and a box of Chocolate Puff cereal."

He really had wanted to make a cake for his best friend.

Really.

But screw it - he was fucking tired.

And it was onna's work anyway.

[0] XD

[1] … what? Bushes are kewl. Gotta problem?

[2] sp?

AN: so here's chapter 2a, which is significantly and laughably shorter than chapter 1. Bleh. Watch for chapter 2b sometime in the next twenty days (>_<). Thanks go out to Athame, for the beta-ing (though I swear to never ever ask you for help on plots… ever again), Renii for the moral support (I've got a bloody funeral to attend on Friday), and my biology group for making a few jokes and getting me to laugh, which was all sorely needed.

Thanks also to:

Kinomoto Sakura thanks for commenting! I like how Duo turned out too, but that's only because he's so continuously hectic and chaotic *huggles Duo-chan* (when's the next chapter of altered coming out? ^-^)

moonlight-blossom thanks!

Duo/Folken/TK I really think that Hee-chan OOC after the war isn't too bad. After all, who knows?

Tori Yuki Ichimura the title will actually be pretty important and be explained later… when I get my butt in gear

Lark57 it is random, isn't it?

Chibi slasher *waves her 1+2 / 5+2 banner*