Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chef Heero's Selections ❯ You, Duo Maxwell, are a distraction ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Chef Heero's Selection #3: You, Duo Maxwell, are a distraction
Author: Keiran
Pairing: 1x2x1
Rating: G
Warning: Unbetaed.
Word Count: 643

There was light. That was all Heero knew or was able to see at the moment - there was light in the end.

He was sitting on a chair, facing the light and warmness spilling all over him and further, enveloping the room. It was a very important stage of the procedure, almost crucial in fact. Of course, everything so far has been prepared with utmost care and consideration, but there was always a chance that something may go wrong and spoil the whole thing in this particular stage.

This was mainly why Heero chose to stay and watch the finalising of his little endeavour. If something went wrong he would know about it soon and be therefore able to take steps necessary to remedy the situation.

The solemnity of his vigil was spoiled however, when a pair of arms wrapped itself around his shoulders.

"Heero, I know you take everything very seriously, but trust me, the oven does not need supervision. It can manage on its own." Heero turned his head.

"We made a deal with Quatre! The lasagne is to be perfect!"

"Yes, it is," Duo sighed pressing a kiss to his boyfriend's neck. "And it will be," he added confidently.

"The optimal heating temperature is very important, so that the ingredients may achieve a proper level of merging. It is vital to monitor the process in order to spot any mistakes as early as possible." Duo puffed sitting on Heero's lap.

"I understand that you want the bloody thing to be perfect, but for heaven's sake, Heero! You've stayed up half the night already to monitor the progress of your triple-layered, cream and chocolate with rum and raspberries cake!"

"Well, yes, but…"

"And the rest of the night you spent putting *icing* on that bloody cake!"

"I went to sleep," Heero said in more or less small voice.

"Sorry, do you, by any chance, mean the 5 a.m. wake-Duo-up-go-to-sleep-yourself call when you told me that the icing didn't look as well as it was supposed to?" the blue-eyed man opened his mouth to plead his case, but was interrupted. "I've had enough of it. The guys are coming in an hour; you are to spend this time resting! Do ya hear me?" Heero was just about to nod, when his attention was diverted. His eyes widened.

"Aaaah! I knew something like that would happen! I knew it!" he yelled. Pushing Duo off his lap he jumped up and very carefully adjusted the temperature in the oven.

The tiny bubble that sprouted on the topping retreated, taking care not to leave any clues as to its further journey. Somewhere on the floor Duo slapped his forehead.

The Perfect Soldier sighed in relief. A disaster has been avoided. Nevertheless, Steps needed to be taken, to prevent further problems. He turned slowly and stared at his partner hard.

"You, Duo Maxwell, are a distraction." Said distraction gulped. Distractions often did that when faced with Heero Yuy. The latter threw a quick peek into the oven to confirm that everything was going fine, consulted the clock and gazed at Duo again.

Precisely five minutes later Duo found himself outside the door with a ten-dollar bill in his pocket, a scarf around his neck and warm fluffy coat around his shoulders.

Yeah, heaven forbid someone tried to distract Heero Yuy from his mission, he thought rolling his eyes and striding to a nearest café for a `cup of coffee and a glass of water, nothing more. Do I make myself clear?'

Duo glanced at his watch. 0 hours 49 minutes 12 seconds till he was to report at home. Back to his `And don't you even *think* about spoiling your appetite!' Hee-baby. `With any luck the guys would already be there, so I would be able to eat something right away,' he thought and walked on.