Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Lullaby ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
10 December 2000

Type : one-shot
Spoilers : none
Warnings : none
Keywords : shounen ai, 1+2
Rating : G
Disclaimer : Not mine, never will be. Nope none of it, get me? Don't sue! *pauses, thinks* please?
Feedback : Great good gods, yes!
Note : the song is a traditional lullaby, the most famous in fact: Brahms' Lullaby. I've heard it often on x-mas CDs. ^_^ Kenny G does a GREAT sax version of it!





Christmas Lullaby by Willow


Heero watched as Duo lay sleeping on the couch in front of the huge fireplace. Outside the snow was falling, blanketing the surrounding country-side in white. He tucked a loose strand of chestnut silk behind Duo's ear, whispering his hand across the soft, pale cheek and pulling the blanket up to the boy's chin.

"Lullaby, and goodnight, In the sky stars are bright While roses in bloom Fill with fragrance the room," he sang to his slumbering angel.

Across the room the Christmas tree twinkled in a sedated manner, adding just enough holiday cheer to the living room of the small cabin without being overwhelming. The logs in the fire popped and crackled as the flames licked their surfaces, heating the room and casting a pleasant glow about its expanse.

"With the morn if God will, You will waken again With the morn if God will, You will waken again."

This was a time and place where they all could forget about the war and everything else and just be teenagers. This was a place they could have fun and spend their holidays in the bliss of one another's company. Heero liked that.

He eyed the presents beneath the tree, one in particular. It was a small silver box with a thin-woven gold ribbon tied around it. A small, white tag attached to it indicated its recipient in calligraphed black letters: To Duo. And in smaller block letters, its giver: From Heero.

"Lullaby, have no fear Guardian angels are near Their watch they will keep While children go to sleep."

As the night grew late, the fire dying down to smoldering embers, Heero joined his beloved on the couch, snuggling with him beneath the warm cotton throw. He held the boy tight, placing a sweet kiss on a rosy cheek.

"Dream the dark night away Till God's sun brings the day Dream the dark night away Till God's sun brings the day," he sang softly into sleeping ears before joining his love in dreamland.




---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Owari

How's that for incorporating a song into a fic? ^_^ What do you think the present is? A small box could only hold one thing important for the violet eyed boy.... and it's not a crucifix. ^_^