Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Classical Romance ❯ Classical Romance ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rating: PG-13 (teehee..i used the word "fuck"…..TWICE! ooh! Three times now!)

Pairing: *cough* 1+2 *cough*

Disclaimer: Ya Know what…. I *still* don't own GW…and I don't own the characters either, some nice little japanese people do…and some american company got license to it and did weird things like edit out blood and kill and death…wow….*rolls eyes* the point is…THIS IS NOT MINE…oh, and ya know what…neither is the song…I don't write classical music…but ya know what…if I did…I'd wish that I could write songs like the one that is in this fic.

Author Notes: dood..this is fluffy, and sappy, and ooey gooey good, with no sex. I want to stab myself in the eyes for writing something this sugary and *barfing noise* yeah yeah yeah, oh and I threw in an assload of angst just to make myself feel better about the…fluff…so…I hope you enjoy this…*flips off Porn Lord E* if they hate this….it's *so* your fault.

Classical Romance

He had fallen asleep hours ago-he knew this by the digital glowing numbers on the bedside alarm clock. Something was amiss-obviously since he had woken up. He reached for his gun and looked around the room without sitting up. The curtains that normally shut out all the light in the room were now open and the full moon shone through casting the huddled figure by the window into deep shadow. He knew it was Duo…it wouldn't be anybody else. But that wasn't what had woken him up…no….there was music playing. None of the usual fanatical loud, bass-blaring, ear shattering rock and such…no, this was classical music. Heero waited and strained to hear it…a piano concerto…it was the moonlight sonata. So beautiful, but so depressing, and dark but magnificent all at once. However, this hadn't woken Heero up either. The sharp intake of breath from the shadow had.


"Duo?" Heero said quietly sitting up and putting away his gun. Duo jumped a little.

"Ack! Hee-chan, it's just you…whew…you gave me scare there buddy." Duo said with an obviously forced smile.

"Duo? What's wrong?" Heero asked.

"Nothing, just sitting up looking at this great full moon," Duo replied steadily. The answer was so rehearsed, like he had expected to be caught and prepared an answer to a question that he knew would be asked.

"Mind if I join you?" Heero asked moving towards the edge of Duo's bed. No answer came for awhile. Only the sound of the quiet piano music drifting out of the stereo. Duo had put the song on repeat.

"Yeah…come sit down…" Duo finally replied. Heero crawled across the bed to sit next to Duo. He looked into the moonlit face, violet eyes practically burning….and tear streaks down his beautiful face.

Hm…tears…

Wait. Tears.

Tears?

Heero reached out an unsteady hand towards Duo's face where another tear was threatening to spill out over the bottom eyelid. He caught it on his finger and examined it with a childishly inquisitive look written all over his face. A look that quickly turned to deep concern. Heero looked back to Duo and saw more tears slide silently down his face. Pain is deeper when it is silent and Heero couldn't stand it anymore.

"Why?" he asked trying to look into those violet eyes that he could drown in forever. He wanted to be closer to Duo and now he finally was, only, under circumstances that were far from ideal.

"Why what?" Duo answered in a choked sob, averting his gaze from Heero's on purpose. Why did he have to wake up? I just wanted to sit here and get it all out, and now here he is, sitting on my bed, where I've always wanted him to be and I can't enjoy it because he's not here for the right reasons.

"Why are you crying Duo?" Heero asked again trying to find that purple gaze that would maybe be-lie what the pilot was thinking.

"I have something in my eye," Duo lied, knowing full well that Heero knew that wasn't the truth.

"That's a blatant lie…tell me the truth Duo?" Heero pleaded this time, still trying to find Duo's eyes that stared into nothing.

"Why do you care?" Duo said with anger tingeing his voice.

"Exactly…I care…why are you crying? Are you hurt?" Heero asked ignoring the obvious mistrust and irritation in Duo's voice.

"Leave me alone…" Duo said trying to sound annoyed, and only achieving to sound even more miserable.

"No," Heero said adamantly, grabbing Duo's wrists in his hands.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?" Duo grumbled, struggling against that vice-like grasp.

"Because, Duo, I care…tell me…." Heero said releasing his hands, and instead opting for grabbing Duo's chin and forcing him to look him in the eyes.

"Let me go…" Duo stated…without a fight. He wanted this…to be loved by Heero, and here they were, bathed in moonlight…a beautiful song playing…and all Duo could think about was how much he loathed his life. "Damnit Heero, I just want to be alone…to punish myself for everything I've done. To repent for all the people that I've killed, can't you just give in and let me mourn?" Duo managed to say with more venom than he meant.

"What?" Heero said, letting go of Duo's chin, and leaning back a little. Duo was crying because of things he thought he deserved blame for? "Duo…nothing is your fault. Don't cry over things you can't change…Duo…this isn't your fault. This war isn't your fault."

"No…but killing all those people is my fault." He choked out, again turning his gaze towards the window. "Look out there. Do you see all those blank gaping, lightless holes? Those are places we've destroyed…lives that we've ended. All in the name of `peace?' What is peace? Is peace worth all the lives we've wasted?" Duo said as tears poured forth, and his normally beautiful face screwed up into a hatred that was streaked with sadness unparalleled by anything else.

Heero stared open-mouthed at the sight before him. Nothing could have acurately prepared him to see Duo transformed into a being that cared...a being that showed emotion. Heero was practically programmed to respond to the Shinigami he knew on the battle fields. The maniac killer that felled who knows how many in the quest for victory. Now the god of death sat huddled before him, knees to his chest sobbing with abandon.

"It's not your fault," Heero said, repeating his mantra that he somehow hoped would help his friend.

"Shut up Heero!" Duo yelled back at him, "SHUT THE FUCK UP! IT IS MY FAULT! I pilot a death machine, i murder innocent people, and i derive some sick pleasure from the screams of terror that my victims emit as they DIE!"

"No, Duo." Heero said forcing Duo against the headboard, "YOU shut the fuck up." Heero was sick of having his friend wallow in blame that didn't belong to him, tired of seeing someone so full of life ripped apart from the inside out, becuase of a task that hadn't been meant for a child. "You are not to blame. If you want to blame someone blame the Doctors. Blame anyone connected with OZ, but don't you dare blame yourself. You don't deserve that sort of blame, not when you didn't ask for the job."

Duo found himself pinned to his bed, against his headboard by Heero. If only he was in the frame of mind to enjoy the situation. He tried to look past Heero but found his eyes unmistakeably drawn to those searing cobalt blue ones. They burned into him, through him, and deeper, and he shuddered, because Heero was so close that he could feel his hot breath ruffling his hair. And Heero wasn't happy...far from it, Heero was in fact very mad. Why? Why was Heero angry?

"Heero....?" Duo said looking up into the eyes. "Why are you angry?"

"Angry? Why am I angry?" Heero said trying to hide his obvious rage. "I'm angry because people made you this way. Your actions aren't your own, they're someone else vicariously living through you. Duo...you're not the god of death, you're a human being who's been forced into some kind of job that requires you to lose your identity. You're so much better than that...." Heero reached up a hand to brush away the bangs in Duo's face, and then looked back down. "I care about you Duo. I care about what happens to you, and i care that you're hurt. Stop trying to put blame on yourself when it's not your fault. You...you hurt me when you do..." Heero trailed off and released his hold on Duo, standing up and moving to his own bed.

Duo breathed heavily watching Heero move across the room to his own bed. He watched as he slid under the covers and turned his back to Duo, so that he faced the wall. The moonlight sonata continued to play in the background. Notes soaring, falling, spiraling upwards only to end in a quick pusle of a deep, low note, and then all of the notes falling down into that same low chasm. and the song went to end as the piano mocked the sound of a bell. tolling only once or twice...and then, as though you could now escape. the song restarted itself. Sending you on an emotional rollercoaster once again. The high notes at the beginning gave such hope that the song could be happy...but once you've heard the song, you know that it only ends in darkness...

Heero was content to listen to the same song, it was beautiful, just like he'd always thought, but it was so dark...so cold now that he thought about what the song could mean to Duo. It tormented his friend, and Duo welcomed the torment, begged for it, begged to know what it felt like to be in pain. He felt no remorse most of the time for his actions, but as soon as the song clicked into being he felt the hurt, the pain that he hid.

Duo sat up and stared again out the window, and then slowly closed the curtains. The bright light of the moon was turned out like a lamp as the thick cloth shut out the beams of dream-like silver. He started to turn off the music too, to give up on tonight.

"No..." Heero said quietly from his bed.

"What?" Duo asked paused by the stereo, finger ready to press the off button.

"Don't turn it off...i like this song..." Heero muttered. Duo turned it up a little bit and moved back towards his bed, maybe sleep could finally provide him with sanctuary, and hopefully nightmares wouldn't challenge him this evening. "Duo...?" Heero asked in almost a whisper.

"Hm?" Duo asked sitting on the edge of his bed.

"Come here for a minute?" it was a question...not a demand. Duo complied and walked over to Heero sitting on the edge of his bed. Heero sat up and turned Duo's face towards his. "I'm sorry that i got mad at you...i care Duo, i really do...i don't want to see you hurt........ever....." Heero trailed off and brought his lips to Duo's.

It wasn't a quick friendly kiss, and it wasn't one that immediately made hormones run rampant between them. No, Heero's kiss was slow and reassuring...The kiss promised greater things, that maybe wouldn't happen now...no, they would happen later, and he relished in the fact that he had something to look forward to. The passion put forth in the kiss was enough to make Duo's knees go weak. He didn't want to think of his fate had he been standing. An arm snaked around his waist and pulled him against Heero's bare torso. He gasped at the contact and found his mouth invaded with Heero's tongue. Duo reciprocated allowing himself to get lost in the feeling of being loved. To get lost in the taste that was unique to Heero, the smell of his body, the warmth that was now enveloping him, not only physically, but mentally too. He felt heat surge from his toes to the very top of his head. He didn't even notice himself being lowered down onto the bed. Once he figured out, he didn't care.

Heero wrapped his arms so tightly around Duo's body that he was sure the braided beauty would cease to breathe. He had wanted this, needed it for so long. He had needed to know that Duo felt the same way, and here he was, in his bed, curled against his chest, arms tangled about the wing zero pilot's body. Heero buried his face into Duo's chestnut hair, the silky tresses practically caressing his face. He inhaled Duo's scent, his mind telling him that if he didn't do it now, it would disappear. He drank in everything about the boy in his arms and wanted to cry for sheer lack of any other emotion that occured to him. He pulled him tighter feeling hands run down his chest, and back up again, as Duo gave into exhaustion and slept, head nuzzled against Heero's chest. Heero shut his eyes against the world and lost himself in the warmth of Duo's body that was draped languidly over him. He breathed in slower and deeper, finally calming his nerves and slipping into a deep sleep. Even in slumber he clutched possessively at his Duo...his dreaming mind liked the sound of that...*his* Duo....and for once, nightmares were frightened away by the god of death that had invaded every sense and every nerve of Heero's being.