Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ complicated ❯ Complicated ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Characters belong to Bandai and the song belongs to Carolyn Dawn Johnson and Shaye Smith. I make NO MONEY FROM THE FIC OR THE SONG!!!

Complicated
By Caliko

I'm so scared that the way that I feel,
Is written all over my face
When you walk into the room,
I wanna find a hiding place.

Hilde glanced over to where Duo flirted with Quatre's new sales representative, and bit her tounge. He was doing it again, and he didn't even know it! Within the hour, Ms. Robinson would double Quatre's normal order and walk out of the shop, bouncing, thinking that she had made another conquest. Too bad Duo will have forgotten about her the minute the door slams shut.
Still... while she was there, he looks at her as if she was the most important person in the world. A woman get's weak with that sort of attention. She should know.. She experiences it all the time.
Closing her eyes, she turned her face, hiding from them both the traitorous tears that spilled onto her cheeks. Duo didn't have to see them. After all.. it wasn't his fault that she fell in love with him.

We used to laugh, We used to hug, the way that old friends do.
But now, a smile and a touch of your hand,
just makes me come unglued.

Hilde couldn't say when her feelings changed, only that one night, she was hiding behind his shoulder during a particularly bloody movie, when she noticed just how warm his bare skin was. She could smell her vanilla shampoo in his hair, and the butter from the popcorn glistened on his hands.
Without thinking, she picked up his hands and licked the butter from his fingers, blushing as she realized what she had done.
Lifting her gaze, she met his eyes, and blushed deeper. Stammering, she got up, and ran, embarrassed, to her room. She didn't notice the disappointment that filled his eyes as she ran away.

Such a contradiction, do I lie or tell the truth.
Is it fact or fiction,
Oh - the way I feel for you.

Ms. Robinson finally left, bringing Hilde back to the present. She hunched over the computer, pretending eye strain as she wiped the tears away. She couldn't stop thinking of the way he made her feel!
Was it really love, or just a healthy case of lust? Maybe she should just tell him.. see how he reacted.
Determined, she stood up, and turned to him.... only to watch as he walked away.

So complicated, I'm so frustrated.
I wanna hold you close, I wanna push you away
I wanna make you go, I wanna make you stay.

Later that night, she tossed in her bed, her thoughts filled with thoughts of him touching her. Soon, frustrated growls came from her throat, and she tossed her covers back. This was going no where.
She pulled on a pair of sweats and laced up her sneakers for a midnight run. The park was heavily policed twenty-four hours, and the jogging trails should be safe enough.
Soon, she was pouring her frustrations out on the pavement, not seeing the shadow that ran to guard her back.

Should I say it
Should I tell you how I feel
Oh, I want you to know
But then again I don't.
It's so complicated.

Hilde finished her run, exhausted, yet still unable to stop thinking about him. It felt like he was nearby, forever on her mind, driving her closer and closer to the edge of desperation.
She was so tired of hiding her feelings! Dammit, it was only a matter of time before he figured it out! She never stayed in the same room when he brought a date over, she doted on him as if he were her purpose in life! Geez.. it that wasn't desperation, she didn't know what was.
Suddenly, she jerked her head to the left, sure that she had seen her tormenter there. Seeing nothing but blackness, she shrugged and walked back to the house, cooling down her muscles on the way.

Oh, just when I think I'm under control
I think I got a grip
Another friend tells me that, I'm always on your lips.

The sunrise shone in the sky, and she met it with one thought - one more sleepless night over. She knew from experience that she would be taken catnaps throughout the day. Thankfully, Duo tended to keep himself busy when she was tired like this.
She walked into the kitchen, and made some toast. Seeing Duo stumble into the house, she wondered where he was all night. A little stab of jealousy twisted in her gut, and she turned away. Buttering her toast, she took it to her bedroom to start her day.
Later on, she finally broke down and called Relena. She needed to talk to someone about this! Funny thing is.. Relena told her that Duo had called Heero for the same reason.

They say I'm more than just a friend, they say I must be blind
Well, I admit that I've seen you watch me from the corner of your eye.
Oh, it's so confusing. I wish you'd just confess!
But think of what I'd be losing, if your answer isn't yes.

"Duo loves you, Hilde. He has for a very long time. Can't you see it? Just.. talk to him." Relena said, her voice begging the german girl to take a chance.
The girl thought back to the other day, when she looked up from her computer to see him watching her. He had a strange expression on his face, and looked as if he wanted to say something important... only.. he asked what she was making for dinner.
She laughed, 'cause his stomach started to growl, signaling that it WAS dinner time. But.. what if that wasn't what he wanted to say? What if he wanted to tell her that he loved her! What if he didn't?

So complicated I'm so frustrated,
I wanna hold you close, I wanna push you away
I wanna make you go, I wanna make you stay
Should I say it, Should I tell you how I feel
Oh, I want you to know, but then again I don't. It's so complicated.

"I'll think about it, Relena, I promise. Lord knows I can't go on like this too much longer!"
"Hilde, don't do anything rash!"
"Like what? Move out? I would still be thinking about him all the time."
She hung up, still feeling lost, as if nothing had been settled. She didn't hear Duo come in, and jumped when he knocked on the desk in front of her. He stared at her for the longest time, then gave her that quirky smile, asking if she wanted to go out to get pizza for lunch.
Nodding her head, she shut her monitor down and picked up her purse.
:::Might as well get out of here for awhile.:::

Oh, I hate it, 'cuz I've waited
So long for someone like you

Hilde started past him, only to be brought up short as he moved in front of her. He nudged her face up to his, looking deep into her eyes, his violet orbs worried and questioning.
What did he want? Didn't he understand that HE was the reason she was acting this way? All she had ever wanted, from the moment she first laid eyes on him.. was him.

Oh, what do I do
Oh should I say it
should I tell you how I feel

She opened her mouth to ask him what was wrong, but no sound came out. Somehow, she didn't want to stop whatever was happening. On some level, she knew that her torment was over.

I want you to know, but then again I don't.

He could still say that she was like a sister to him. He could still say that her body was too boyish to interest him.

It's so complicated...

His arm snaked around her waist, pulling her tight against him.

It's so complicated..

His lips came closer, nearly closing the distance between them.

It's so complicated.

Softly, they touched hers, firm, yet buttery soft.

Ohhhh......

Melting her will as the masks fell away. He loved her too........