Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Days Gone By ❯ Invitation ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Duo Maxwell, Heero Yuy and all other Gundam Wing characters belong to Bandai.

Gundam Wing

Days Gone By...

Heero finished his shower after Duo, who had taken over a half hour to clean up. He sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror that was hanging over the sink. The steam from the hot shower had fogged the mirror and he reached over to wipe away the water but only managed to get a blurry image of him self.

'What had happened today?'

After that little incident where they had lost their balance, some how his thoughts focused on Duo, hoping that he was okay, wanting to flip them over and just run his hands over him to make sure that he was alright.

But that wasn't the only thing that crossed his mind when he thought of running his hands over him… taking his clothes off and checking…

Heero shook his head. What the hell was happening to him and where the hell had these thoughts come from? The feel of that hot, naked chest, slick with sweat and knowing whose it was, stirred an unknown emotion inside of him, making his stomach do several flip-flops.

'Stop, Heero. These are irrelevant thoughts. No need to further dwell on them.'

With that thought settled, he quickly opened the door and ran smack dab into the man of his thoughts.

Duo was falling away from him and with his quick reflexes, a strong arm snaked its way around the narrow waist of the stunned pilot 02.

"Hee…" Duo's voice seemed to cut off as he realized he was flush up against his ally and looking into bottomless cobalt blues.

"Are you ok?" Heero asked, realizing that he had a very steady hold of the braided boy and knowing that his body was sucking up the warmth that was radiating off of Duo. He released his hold and took a small step back.

"Yeah!" He seemed to snap out of his reverie. There was a small silence as they stared at each other and then a beeping noise was piercing their ears.

"Phone call, Duo…" Duo stared at Heero and jumped back and turned to run into the bedroom; a perfect escape from the awkward moment that he found himself in at that moment.

Heero found himself following him and changing in the room while he heard Quatre happy voice greeting Duo enthusiastically.

"Q-man! How's it going?"

"Everything is very well here, and the party preparations and underway too."

Duo frowned.

"Party?"

Quatre smiled widely and crossed his hands on top of the desk.

"Yes, a party for all my close friends, which includes you and Heero. It would be such an honor to see you guys… I miss you all too."

Quatre was never one to hold back his feelings. Duo smiled that full out smile and nodded his head quickly.

"Of course, Quatre! We would love to go. Wouldn't we Heero?" Duo turned in his chair and stared off screen to where Heero was sitting on his bed.

Heero nodded and stood, walking to Duo's side.

"I would like to attend, Quatre. How is Trowa doing?" There was a small blush that appeared on the blond's cheeks.

"Trowa is-"

"I am very well, my friends." Trowa stepped in behind Quatre and bent down to stare into the vid screen. Duo was smiling, eyeing his blond friend while Heero was nodding at Trowa.

"So when is the party, Quatre?" Heero asked as he returned his gaze to the blond.

"It will be in three weeks from Saturday. I hope you all can attend. I will be on earth so you don't have to travel to L4. I will be at my ski resort in Aspen, Colorado." Duo's eyes widen.

"Ski?" Duo questioned and Quatre beamed.

"Yes, we can all go skiing. It will be fun!"

"It will be cold!" Duo shivered.

"You're not afraid of the cold are you?" Heero teased uncharacteristically. Duo shot a look at him and grinned.

"Shinigami is afraid of nothing!" Quatre and Trowa smiled.

"Wufei is coming along with Sally."

"Ooohhhh, Sally? When does Wuffy come with anyone?" Duo started to laugh at that the evil thoughts he would do to torture the poor Chinese pilot.

"We will be there Quatre."

Quatre hurriedly put in. "I will send a jet to pick you up, where is the closes airport to you?"

Duo was grinning like mad. He told him quickly and they chatted a few more minutes before wrapping everything up.

"Heero, Duo, remember the jet will be there at one in the afternoon. I look forward to seeing you all. Goodbye Heero and Duo."

"Thanks Quatre, Trowa. I do look forward to see you too." Heero said politely.

Trowa nodded.

"I too. Goodbye."

The connection was cut and Duo was grinning and Heero looked at him warily.

"What is it?" Heero just had to asked as Duo shook his head and grabbed the shaggy haired pilot by the shoulders, leading him out of the room.

"I'm famished! Let's eat!"

"Glutton…" Heero said lowly but nevertheless, smiled lightly at Duo's addictive cheerfulness.

~~*~~