Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ Mommy Dearest, Squared? ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

Lady Mars

Part XVI: Mommy Dearest, Squared?

Disclaimer: You know the drill by now. I don't own GW nor am I making any cash off of this escapade.

* * *

Erin leaned over the edge of the couch to look at her sleeping husband. He had been working his butt off to get all of the transmitters installed into the Gundams and was running on empty. He had crashed earlier that morning on the couch and hadn't moved since. Erin smiled and walked away. 'I don't understand why he keeps doing this. It will kill him someday.' She was making her way to the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

"Now who could that be?" She walked to the door and swung it open. She tumbled back a few steps when she saw who it was.

"It's about bloody time that you left that two bit bastard for someone better."

"Mother," Erin sighed.

"Well he was," the older woman replied, stepping into the house. "And it's about time you took the garbage out."

"So does that mean you're leaving?" Heero's sleepy voice shot back. "Or am I going to have to throw you out with the rest of the trash?"

"Heero," Erin scolded. Heero just ignored her.

"It's SO good to see you again, Dianne."

"I can't say the same."

"What ARE you doing here in the FIRST place?"

"It's a crime for me to come to see my daughter and granddaughter now?" She slid around the pair and into the living room.

"It should be."

"Heero! Please TRY to get along with my mother."

"We'd get along better if she wasn't HERE." Erin sighed and walked off. Dianne stood in the middle of the living room, looking for Eva.

"So where is she anyway?"

"I'm not.." Erin started.

"Probably out in the hanger with the guys," Heero cut in. He walked past the elder blonde and went to the door to the hanger. "EVA!!!! GET YOU'RE BUT UP HERE! YOUR GRANDMOTHER WANTS TO SEE YOU!" He shut the door and walked back to the women. "She'll be up in a moment." Erin shot Heero a death glare when Eva bounced into the room.

"GRANDMA!" She hugged the older woman.

"How are you sweetheart?"

"I'm great!"

"What have you been up to?"

"Just working out in the hanger with the guys."

"That would explain the attire.." Eva was wearing a halter-top, shorts and sneakers. "How can you let her wear this like this in front of men?"

"She's a teenager," Heero replied. "She can wear whatever she damn well pleases."

"Do you have any idea what kind of impressions she's giving off?"

"Yes, and I don't give a damn. The men out there aren't perverts and the boys her age wouldn't dare do anything that would cause my wrath to come down upon them." Heero walked past the older woman, towards the kitchen.

"Well maybe someone should be a LITTLE more RESPONSIBLE." Heero snorted.

"I WILL when YOU learn to behave."

"OH PISS OFF!"

"Well you can do the same thing, bitch." Erin sighed.

"How long were you planning on staying, mother?"

"I was planing on a week, but now it seems that it may be a bit longer." Heero growled from the kitchen. He was going to make his way back to the women when the doorbell rang. 'Saved by the bell.' He walked to the door and swung it open.

"Thought you might want these." Karen held up a rather large box.

"Mother, you are a goddess."

"What?" What do you mean?"

"Erin's mother is here."

"And?"

"We don't exactly get along."

"Don't exactly?"

"Ok, it's like hell breaking out."

"Uh huh."

"And I need your help."

"Ok then." Karen walked into the house and looked at Heero as he shut the door. "Where to?" Heero pointed toward the living room. Karen walked into the room and stared at the three women standing there.

"Why don't you just leave him?"

"Because I love him mother."

"But he's worthless! And look what kind of influence he's having on your daughter! How can you allow her to dress like this?"

"You've got some sort of problem with it?" Dianne turned to stare at Heero and Karen.

"And you would be..?"

"Karen Joshua," the woman growled. "HEERO'S mother."

"So you're the scum that spawned the hellspawn."
"Scum? HELLSPAWN? Where do you get off calling my son a hellspawn?"

"Simple, he is one."

"Oh really?" Karen took a few steps and came face to face with Dianne. "That's not a very nice thing to say."

"Well I do have problems with your son."

"Well then you can take it out with me." The two women looked like they were about to square off.

"My mother verses yours, who's gonna win?" Heero asked.

"Yours," Erin replied.

"Mine? Why mine?"

"Yours has the military training."

"True." The two turned back to the fight. The two were still in a verbal exchange and were getting close to a fistfight when the alarm went off. "Shit." Heero dashed off to the monitor to find what was going on. He hit a few keys and scanned the area. "Shit." He smashed the warning alarm. "We've got company." Erin and Eva walked towards the hangar.

"How many?" Erin asked.

"A lest five hundred, possibly more."

"Is this an all out call?" Eva asked.

"Yes. We'll need as much fire power as we can get our hands on." Heero swung the door open and the two ladies stepped through. "This just isn't my day."

* * *

Karen and Dianne sat on opposite ends of the room, staring at each other. There was a tense silence when the door smashed open. Quatre walked into the house with the others tailing behind him.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Erin asked.

"Yes," Heero replied. "It's nothing I can't fix." Heero walked past the two women, the right side of his face covered in blood.

"Do you want any help?" Heero stopped and turned to his wife.

"I can handle it dear. It's nothing but a scratch." He walked away from her and back up the stairs. Erin sat down on the couch next to her mother.

"Why does he always do this?"

"It's just Heero's nature," Quatre replied. "He's been doing that since the first was started."

"I know that, but why?"

"Back then," Duo started. "He wanted to die. Now he's got something to protect. Back during the war, he had nothing to live for and hence, he kept trying to kill himself at every turn. But now, now he's got you and Eva; he has things worth risking his life to save."

"So he does it by putting a gash in his head and a dent in the control panel?"

"Well, yes." Erin shot him one of those looks. "What? It's something any of us would have done. He was just the closest one to her."

"True, but still. He can be so reckless sometimes."

"That's just the nature of a Gundam pilot," Wufei added. "We all make choices based on the situations that we are faced with. It is all a matter of choice. We have to make split second decisions with most everything we do and we take the consequences with them. He, as with the rest of us, has accepted the fact that irrational things must be done from time to time to get the job done properly. He wishes no more than to have the rest of us come home safely even if it means extreme injury on his part." Erin nodded. The room sat quietly for a few moments, absorbing Wufei's words. Out of the blue Dianne arose and walked off towards Erin and Heero'' room. Erin stared at her mother, confused. "I think she has just had a revelation."

* * *

Heero leaned over the sink, attempting to clean out his wound.

"Son of a!" He pulled his hand back. He'd been trying to pull out the small shards of control panel for the last few minutes with no avail.

"It's much easier if you let someone else do it for you." Heero turned to see Dianne standing in the doorway to the bathroom.

"What do you want?" the Wing pilot hissed.

"Wanted to apologize for my actions." Heero's jaw dropped. "I never really understood, until now, why you do what you do. I'm sorry." Heero couldn't think of anything to say. "I hope that we can start over and put the past behind us."

"Dianne…I…. I don't know what to say." She gently led him to the edge of the bathtub and began to pick the debris out of his wound.

"Then don't say anything at all. Some things are better off left unsaid." She gently began to pick the debris out of Heero's wound. Heero watched in amazement as this woman, whom he thought hated his guts to the very last depths of hell, was actually helping him. When she was done picking out the debris, Dianne quietly cleaned it, stitched it up, and covered the wound. Heero got up and stared at himself in the mirror.

"How did you…?"

"After raising Erin and being a nurse of twenty years, you pick up on a few things." Heero turned back to look at his mother in law.

"Now I'd never would have thought that I'd live to see the day that my mother and husband got along." The two turned to see Erin leaning against the doorframe. "Dinner is ready." Dianne nodded and walked past her daughter and out of the room. "What was that about?"

"You've got me, she started it."

"Does this mean you two might actually get ALONG in the future?"

"I don't know, you'll just have to wait and see." Erin rolled her eyes and began to walk out of the room.

"Some days I don't understand you, Heero Yui."

"You're not supposed to," Heero replied, following her out of the room.

* * *

I hate corners. The dang muse got me into one and this was the ONLY way out.

Duo: It wasn't THAT bad.

I know, but still. I didn't want to have it come to this.

Duo: Shit happens, get over it.

*Rolls her eyes. *Remind me never to get advice from you.

Duo: Never get… * LM pulls out her sword. * I think I'll stop there.

Good choice boy.