Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ Dragonsfyre Rising ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

Lady Mars

Part XV: Dragonsfyre Rising

Disclaimer: You know the drill by now. I don't own GW nor am I making any cash off of this escapade.

* * *

Heero slowly lead Karen up the stairs.

"I've been wrestling with this thing for months now," he said turning to glance at her. "And I'm hoping it will work. If it does, it'll revolutionize Mobile Suit weaponry as we know it." Karen nodded. Hero lead her into his bedroom where he had spent the last few days working. Karen sat down on the edge of the bed and watched Heero leaf through the sea of papers. "I've got it pretty much finalized, but I need a prototype to get all of the kinks out of the final system."

"So that's what you need me for?" Heero nodded. "Well, I think I can do it. It will take me a while, but I think I can get it to you by the end of next week at the latest." Heero nodded.

"AH HA!" He pulled a thick stack of paper from the mounds on his bed. "This is it! This is the final copy of the plans. This should give you all of the information that you need." He handed her the stack.

"This is it?" Heero nodded. "All of it?" He nodded again.

"Well, all of it that you need. The rest of this disaster area is mine."

"What's the rest of it for?"

"The rest is the control system that will be installed into the Gundams." Karen nodded leafing through the plans.

"Sweet Jesus these are complicated."

"Well, they should be. I'm compiling all of Wing's piloting and weapons systems into one."

"And the other Gundams?"

"Well each of the system spheres comes blank and all of the data is uploaded into it."

"Oh." She continued to flip through his papers. "This thing is a sphere, how is it going to fit into the Gundam?" Heero leaned back and picked up a yellow sheet with a rough sketch on it.

"This will be the receptor module. It will take the sphere and process the information to run the Gundam." Karen nodded. She handed the paper back to Heero and stood up.

"I'll get started on this the minute I get back." She started towards the door. "And I'll get it back to you as soon as possible." Heero followed her out of the room.

"There's one more thing." Karen stopped and turned to look at him. "You have to be sure that NO ONE gets word of this. As far as any workers are concerned, this is a secret project. This can't get out." Karen smiled at her son.

"I'll guard it with my life." Heero smiled back at her. Karen made her way down the stairs and to the door with Heero in tow. "I'll have a courier deliver it when it's finished." Heero nodded. "Well then, I'll be off." She leaned forward and hugged her son. Heero returned the gesture. "You take care of yourself; I don't need to be loosing a son once again." He smiled and watched his mother disappear from where she came. 'Now what Yui?The dragon is in the air and you've got no way to control it.' He sighed. 'There goes my sleep pattern again.'

* * *

Solo timidly stuck his head into the dining room. He sighed in relief when he didn't see the familiar form of Heero sitting at the table. The Wing pilot had been making himself scarce over the course of the week and Solo assumed that he was plotting some absurd method of destruction against him. Solo swung into his chair next to Triton and began to noisily eat his breakfast. The lanky boy next to him cast him a cold warning glance before resuming his own meal. The meal passed with no interruptions until Wufei strode into the room.

"Has anyone seen Yui?" They all exchanged confused looks and shook their heads.

"No. No one has seen hide nor hair of him for the last couple of days, why?" Hilde responded.

"There's a courier at the door for him." Wufei scanned the room on last time and then exited through the door on the opposite side of the room, continuing on his search for Heero. A few minutes later, Heero walked through, going in the direction that Wufei had just come from. He strode back through again a short time after that carrying a small box. The group at the table looked up at him with questioning eyes, but Yui didn't reply.

"I wonder what that was about," Vamir wondered out loud. The others exchanged confused glances before resuming their meal.

* * *

Heero sat down at the head of the table and set his head on the table's cool surface. It had been four days since he had gotten the prototype and four days since he had gotten any fathomable amount of sleep; he was dead. 'This is it,' he thought. 'This will make my life easier in battle and for mission reports. That is, if I survive the installation process in ten more Gundams.' He sighed tiredly. 'How long does it take for one group of people to meet in the conference room? All I want to do is get this fucker over with and go to BED!' He slowly sat up when Quatre walked into the room.

"Hello Heero," he said chipperly. Heero didn't grace the blonde with a reply. Quatre stood staring at him for a few moments, shrugged, and took a seat next to him. The other pilots slowly filtered into the room, one by one. They sat around and chattered quietly until Heero stood up.

"If there was a logical reason for me calling you here today, I'd be glad to tell you," he started sleepily. "But my sleep deprived brain can feasibly come up with one. I do, on the other hand, have a completely illogical reason. It's illogical because I'm nowhere NEAR being done with the testing, but since I haven't been seen for four days, I thought you all would like to know what in the name of a flying fuck I've been doing." They all exchanged quizzical glances and then turned back to Heero. Heero leaned over beside his chair and picked something up off of the floor. He stood back up and held up the golf ball sized sphere up for the group to see. "This is a sphere." He walked up the right side of the table and stopped between Eva and Vamir. "That." He pointed to a black box connected to a projector in the middle of the table. "Is the receptor." He leaned over and placed the sphere into the receptor. "That is the system that will revolutionize Mobile Suit weaponry. Any questions?" No one said anything. "Good." Heero walked back to his chair and pressed a few buttons. The lights dimmed and a screen dropped out of the ceiling. The sphere began the spin in the receptor and a black dragon blazed across the screen, revealing the word loading. He pulled a head set from its roost on his hip and slid it over his head. "It'll take a moment to load since it isn't attached to a Gundam." The screen switched to a seep yellow with a menu list down the left side and Wing Zero Custom: Pilot: H. Yui in the upper right hand corner. "This is the Dragonsfyre system. Yes, Quatre, I have all of the copyright and paten information all ready. This system will revolutionize Mobile Suit weaponry and eliminate any use of a card system for programming. It gives the pilot access to all of the weapons and operating systems inside of the Gundam and all others access to weapon calibrations, fuel and ammunitions, damage reports, and mission films." He flipped the mic in front of his mouth. "Database." The screen changed to the word database and an operating list. "Each word has a series of operation lists, each one displaying what the word states. The weaponry ones are only available in the Gundams. The entire system is voice command and it only recognizes ones programmed. The weapons systems will be Gundam specific."

"So this will eliminate other pilots piloting our Mobile suits?" Trowa asked.

"Yes. We'll get all of that programming out of the way later. The database holds the damage reports and the mission records. Damage Reports." The screen changed to a schematic of Wing Zero. "Right now there's not much to this screen, but when damage is taken, it's displayed here with black being the heaviest, blue being the lightest, and other damage in varying colors of blue and purple. Return." The screen switched back to the database screen. "Mission files." The screen switched to ten thumbnails of Heero. "These are all video files that are updated every ten minutes and are shown in half hour increments. Two forty two." The screen changed to a larger version of Heero sitting in Wing Zero. "WHAT?" Heero was holding a sheet of paper in front of his face. "What does that say? Shit. I can't even read my own goddamn handwriting! THAT'S IT!" He threw down the paper and climbed out of Wing. The screen then switched back to the thumbnails. "Shut down." The system shut down and Heero turned the lights back on. "That's what I get for trying to work at two in the morning. Any questions?"

"How long will training take?" Wufei asked.

"For Wing Zero pilots, days. For all those who aren't, weeks." The others nodded.

"Did you name it after what I think you did?" Duo asked. Heero shot a glance at him.

"No. I hated that and I'm still trying to forget. Anybody else?" No one said anything. "Then I'm going to bed. Wake me only if the house is on fire or my Gundam is stolen." He exited the room. The others left the room one by one, leaving Erin sitting at the table alone. 'Is this what he's been hiding from me for so long?' She thought. 'Is this what Hernandez is after?'

* * *